[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: We post our dream Star Wars games.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 194
Thread images: 28

File: Star_wars_logo.gif (10KB, 300x141px) Image search: [Google]
Star_wars_logo.gif
10KB, 300x141px
What would it be like, /v/?
>>
you fight stars by amassing giant armies of lions
>>
Rogue Squadron but with that pseudo-MMO type thing Destiny has going, only much larger squads to co-op with and the raids are battles from the movies.
>>
>>323342781
you play as boba fett and have a deep story of the loss of his father while also being awesome as fuck
>>
You're a jedi in the clone wars commanding a customizable squad of clones. You can use fire arms and lightsabers
>>
like KOTOR but you are a bounty hunter
>>
Either,

A Star Wars MMO set in the Old Republic with the class progression, player-driven economy & space combat of pre-CU Star Wars Galaxies, the gameplay of Jedi Knight Outcast/Academy for saber users, the graphics & FPS gameplay of Battlefront and the story elements of SWTOR.

or,

KOTOR 3 done by CDProjekt Red with a script written by Avellone.
>>
File: 1450735271617.gif (106KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1450735271617.gif
106KB, 633x758px
>>323342781
KoTOR III
>>
>>323342781
it's a game on space and you swing the spacesword for killing planes
>>
File: 1451852998567.jpg (86KB, 1032x696px) Image search: [Google]
1451852998567.jpg
86KB, 1032x696px
>>323343271
>KOTOR 3 done by CDProjekt Red with a script written by Avellone.
>>
File: ISD Devastator.jpg (142KB, 1920x818px) Image search: [Google]
ISD Devastator.jpg
142KB, 1920x818px
I want a game where you can captain a Star Destroyer. Run down pirates, and engage rebel ships. I want to route power to shields, weapons, or engines.
>>
A cockpit perspective x-wing shooter, long missions, heavy on the 'realism', with a decent difficulty curve and lots of narrative, like ace combat kinda. 15 hour minimum campaign, multiplayer, cinematic feel with lots of variety in pace, ideally with some sort of voice recognition squadron controls.
>>
A sequel to Rogue Squadron that ignores everything Rebel Strike did.
>>
>>323342781
Kotor III where you play as Revan again
>>
Episode 1 Racer made by Criterion.
>>
>>323342781
KOTOR 3, playing as a student of Atton/Brianna/Mira/Visas in the new academy.
Initially, you're just training up and seeing the prep work being done on the Republic
Partway through the game, Revan and the Exile send a message that they successfully sabotaged the True Sith, sending them into infighting and strife, but a splinter fleet is headed your way.

Revan and the Exile make their entrance at the end of Act 3, where they curbstomp an infuriating Coldsteel style villain who has you surrounded, killing him and his forced while setting you up to take on the main Sith Lord.
>>
Command and Conquer style RTS with RA/CIS/Republic/Empire/Pirates factions, except better and less obfuscated and unpleasantly old than Clone Campaigns and not in the weird style that Empire at War did for land battles.
>>
Attack Squadron would be uncancelled.
That demo had me so hyped.
>>
I don't know if they could improve on X-Wing Alliance.
Maybe have it be VR compatible, and a little graphics upgrade?
>>
a kotor game made by bethesda
>>
Wide-open sandbox about bounty hunting

Would mind a good strategy
>>
>>323344354
>bethesda
kill yourself my man
>>
I want to play as a yeti on Hoth.
>hunting tauntauns
>fucking up rebels and jedis
>scavenging shit from broken ships and walkers.
It would be tight as fuck.
>>
KOTOR 3, Battlefront 3, a better Star Wars Galaxies, Imperial Commando.
>>
Jedi Power Battles II
>>
>>323344354
Here are you're choices for our developing possible Jedi/possible sith lord

>Light side option
>Also Light Side option
>Light side option but in an assholish tone
>Leave to think about how ill pick the light side anyway
>>
Psuedo-simulation Battlefront done by Bohemia Interactive.
>>
>>323343262
This so much
>>
That 2 player fighter mode from the Revenge of the Sith game but expanded into its own game.
>>
>>323343262

Came here to post this.

Thumbs up 1313 will be recovered though.
>>
I just want Imperial Commando. Put it in the hands of somebody who isn't going to butcher the gameplay and who will actually improve on the things that needed improvements. I just want to hunt down Rebel scum with my Empire bros.
>>
File: thefaceofdeath.png (151KB, 262x269px) Image search: [Google]
thefaceofdeath.png
151KB, 262x269px
Simple RPG set after Return of the Jedi. Choose to be a variety of different roles (Smuggler, Bounty Hunter, Jedi, Sith, etc) each with their own story. First person combat with the option to switch to third. Standard shooter mechanics for blaster users, Jedi Knight-like combat for lightsaber users.
Ignore the new trilogy completely, just watched the new movie and it was just bad. Had more issues with it than I did with the prequels.
>>
A new Jedi Power Battles game.

Maybe just with Sith this time.
>>
>>323344608
>yeti on Hoth
>>
File: abstract.jpg (61KB, 854x859px) Image search: [Google]
abstract.jpg
61KB, 854x859px
>>323343453
post yfw there is no chance for kotor 3
>>
>>323345006
>That Bonus mission that unlocks Episode 4 Vader and Kenobi, plus the Death Star Hanger for Duel Mode
>Throws in the music scores too

As crap as the main game was that fucking Duel Mode was magical.
>>
File: 1292808246574.jpg (12KB, 206x235px) Image search: [Google]
1292808246574.jpg
12KB, 206x235px
I have 2 in mind:
RTS:
>Empire at War with out the shitty ground battles
>Space combat tweaked just a bit more.
>Transition from space to ground fighting
>ex would be: warp into a rebel planet's orbit while engaging the rebel blockcade you send a detachment down to the surface. You have to defend these transports as they would be sitting ducks to incoming fire.

Flight:
>Just give us another rouge squadron dammit
>maybe include the prequels and TFA universe

First Person:
>a game where the lightsaber actually behaves like a lightsaber
>>
File: Meh.png (28KB, 300x196px) Image search: [Google]
Meh.png
28KB, 300x196px
>>323345721
>>
>>323345860
>Rouge Squadron
Ma nigga
>>
File: Oh Sev....webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Oh Sev....webm
3MB, 1280x720px
A sequel to Republic Commando.

>Takes place after the Clone Wars have ended
>Delta Squad, one member short thanks to Sev's sacrifice, becomes disillusioned by the flippant way the Republic handled the loss of their brother, Sev, as well as many other clones
>They go rogue and become a three person mercenary team that operates in the Outer Rim
>Rumors begin to pour in that a soldier matching the description of Sev has been sighted doing jobs out there
>Without a second thought Delta Squad sets out to find whoever this is and confirm if it's Sev or not
>Sev is the villain and final boss.
>>
File: 1450479503681.jpg (32KB, 312x244px) Image search: [Google]
1450479503681.jpg
32KB, 312x244px
>>323345721
>>
>>323345337
How can you have more issues with the new one than the prequels?

Not that the new one was that good but the prequels were pretty broken on just about every level.
>>
File: hih.png (14KB, 73x89px) Image search: [Google]
hih.png
14KB, 73x89px
>>323342781
a good star wars game
>>
SWG but alive and without the patch that ruined it
>>
>>323346417
Broke my heart when Sev was confirmed dead in the EU novels
>>
A TES-like Kotor 3 or at least with Kotor's setting.
>>
Dead Space-esque game about a space janitor who is the only on left alive on a "collector" ship where various Star Wars creatures have broken out and roam the ship.
>>
>>323346585
Are those novels even canon anymore?
>>
File: 1430039990617.jpg (102KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1430039990617.jpg
102KB, 600x450px
>>323342781
Go to the imperial achademy and work your way up as a tie fighter pilot to captain of a star destroyer.
>>
>>323342781
Star Wars with Bushido Blade gameplay
>>
>>323342781

Total War: Star Wars or starwars battlefront 3
>>
Jedi knight IV
>>
>>323342908
That could only work at Night
>>
A lightsaber combat action game with the mechanics of Metal Gear Rising, including the ability to cut almost anything.
>>
>>323346876
Not since Disney bought the rights
>>
>>323346545
Because the character development and progression of the story was far worse than any of the prequels.
>>
>>323346876
Nothing is canon.

This means just take and accept whatever EU stories you like as your headcanon instead of all or nothing.
>>
Han Solo: The Game.

> Privateer-like space sim where you play a spacer
> You can be a smuggler, a mercenary, a pirate, a bounty hunter, or all of them
> Each one has benefits and drawbacks (e.g., players who prey on merchant ships get attacked by the Empire, smugglers have to spec out their ships to avoid getting caught, bounty hunters may get sent after tough targets, etc.)
> Dumping your cargo can lead to a bounty on your head
> Fly and modify ships like the YT-1300 freighter, adding cargo space, weapons, shields and other shit like that
> Hire a crew
> First and third person space combat
> Board ship and enter into third person shooter combat
> Customize your character however you want, I don't give a shit if you want to play a gay Twi'lek so long as you get me my goddamn glitterstim on time you inbred piece of trash
>>
>>323347017
It's always night in space.
>>
>>323342908
Well memed
>>
a third perso shared world shooter where every player is a bounty hunter taking up jobs for the empire, rebels, and everything in between.

Also includes manual flight, instances of having to run/evade through blockades of any faction, and swoop/pod races that you can either bet on or try to participate in. All the racing vehicles are balanced with eachother, but building one will look cosmetically to your preference and get you more dosh in the long run than renting one.
>>
>>323346876
The only things that have been reestablished into the new canon were KoTOR and Republic Commandos.
Shadows of the Empire maybe since that's a weird grey area.
>>
>>323347052
>Progression of the story
If you are talking about pacing then TFA does it infinitely better.

If you are talking about the order of events then TFA still blows out the prequels because there is more logic behind the actions of the characters than anyone in the prequels

If you are talking about character development then the prequels had none in the actual movies, only through events going on between the movies.
The rest is told, not shown.

The prequels dropped the ball on every conceivable level.
TFA was just a stupid movie and simplified a lot of stuff. It is still handled better than the prequels.
>>
>>323347102
>Hire a crew
You fucking what mate?

Han literally only works with Chewie.
>>
>>323347315
Okay I'll try to write something up to explain myself, give me one moment.
>>
>>323347432
He didn't say you'd be playing as Han, hence the ability to customize yourself into a gay twi'lek smuggler. Just that your actions and the gameplay would mirror what we know of Solo.
>>
>>323347432
I think anon meant along the lines of Solo, being in his type of "work"
>>
>>323347576
>>323347581
Oh shit my bad.

That makes a lot more sense.
That one line was my only nitpick about the whole idea
>>
>>323347315
Not that guy, but dude, TFA's pacing is awful, it's just one action scene following another. It feels more like a Marvel movie than a Star Wars one, which admittedly would have been fine if I had gone in expecting a Marvel movie. There's also no shortage of insane decisions made in TFA, and character progression was either none at all (Rey) or weird as hell (Finn).

The original trilogy isn't nearly as great as everyone seems to make it out to be, but TFA was worse in almost every respect - I enjoyed the visual effects and some of the vehicle and costume redesigns, and still managed to get entertainment out of it, but from a critical standpoint it's probably beneath all three originals and above all three prequels.
>>
rogue squadron 3 with flight stick support
>>
>>323347102
So, basically a skin for Elite: Dangerous/Star Citizen
>>
The Imperial Agent storyline from SWTOR, but not as a fucking MMO, a proper singleplayer stealth game using the FOX engine.
>>
>>323342781
a lightsaber based fighting game. lightsabers will kill with a single good hit. the game is mostly about blocking dodging and parrying as well as selecting stances to counter you're opponent.
in campaign mode you would move through crowds of storm troopers or rebels while turning them into meaty giblets.
>>
>>323345187
>1313 will be recovered though.
Sources? I was really disappointed when they said they canceled it but if it really is coming back that would be great.
>>
>>323342781

KotOR3 set directly after the events of KotOR2.

All Jedi and Sith are either dead, hiding or have simply decided to give up the Force.

You are an untrained Force Sensitive who finds perhaps the last functional Jedi Holocron - you must learn the wisdom of Jedi Knight Atton Rand, unravel the mystery of Revan and the Exile, collect other Force Sensitives and relics from across the galaxy and refound the Jedi Order. At the same time, rival groups of Force Users reveal themselves and you can either win them over, destroy them or corrupt them. In game, thirty years or forty years go by, with timeskips that let you see how your actions change the galaxy. Finally, the game ends with the discovery of a lone vessel drifting through space, with nothing aboard but an astromech carrying a recorded message: I am coming home to finish what I started.

Or you could do the same stuff but recreate the Sith.
>>
TOR but not MMO and better gameplay.
Pick a race and class, go through a story based on your class with companions and whatnot.
So I guess Dragon Age: Origins; Star Wars edition with better combat.
>>
An action game depicting the life of Anakin, from Episode 2 until his death in Episode 6. So you get to play not only as young Anakin but as Darth Vader.

The final boss fight is against Luke in Return of the Jedi. He defeats you and then the final action of the game is throwing Sheev down that Imperial laundry chute or whatever it was.
>>
KOTOR III or Imperial Squadron
>>
>>323348109
>which admittedly would have been fine if I had gone in expecting a Marvel movie
JJ Abrams is a dead giveaway. Or did you not see the Star Trek reboot?

>from a critical standpoint it's probably beneath all three originals and above all three prequels.
This is exactly where I place it.

I know it's not a good movie at all but to say the prequels are better feels a bit loony.

The prequels just don't work on any level and TFA at least kind of works as a dumb action movie.
>>
>>323348819
>Press F to redeem yourself
>>
>>323349313
Oh shit, you said prequels (I was thinking OT). Yeah I actually agree with that, TFA is far better than the prequels but the OT set the bar pretty high, even though they're praised a little more than they should be.

>JJ Abrams is a dead giveaway. Or did you not see the Star Trek reboot?

I did, I just had hopes that he would stick to how SW is usually paced. I really take bigger issue with the fact that the plot is basically A New Hope reskinned for another generation of kids, I at least expected something unique in the way of story.
>>
Star Wars: Imperial Commando
>>
>>323347315
>>323347513
I'm going to make comparisons to Phantom Menace just to shorten this post up.

>pacing
Phantom Menace gets more shit done in roughly the same amount of time. I felt TFA took ages to actually get to any serious conflict (impending destruction of Resistance by not-Death Star) If I remember this conflict took place in the last 30 minutes of the movie. So for about over an hour we're watching some dickfuck Sith Lord act like an incompetent nitwit and fail to catch a single droid.
Phantom Menace introduces a serious invasion within what? 10-20 minutes? Reason to care about the plot from the get-go. We're not watching some long ass search for a droid for an hour. Instead we're introduced to plenty of new characters, nice changes in scenery, new conflicts, etc all in a nice amount of time. It doesn't drag on really where TFA does. A lot.

>order of events
I don't see how anything in Ep1 specifically doesn't make sense. From what I remember, there's a reason for all character actions.

>prequel has no character development
Over the series as a whole, I think there was. Episode 1 lacked any development really, but I think in 2 and 3 there was a little. Not much and not very good development, but it made sense to me. Compare that to how Finn, Ren, and Rey develop
Finn is supposedly a trooper taken at birth and conditioned to be a hardcore soldier. Nothing about him says this though as he pussies out hard right in the beginning of the film. I don't get any sense of "Stormtrooper breaking free of conditioning and coming into his senses". He then helps free a resistance pilot and after he assumes said pilot dies after their crash, helps deliver a droid to the resistance even though his main concern is supposedly escaping. He then pussies out fucking again at that bar for no real reason as he's been helping deliver this droid for awhile. He also develops an attraction to Rey for no real reason...
>>
A Jedi game made by the Souls guys
>>
Force Unleashed except not shit with a cringey 14 year old's OC fanfiction for a story.
>>
>>323342781
That Prey 2 trailer, but it's Star Wars and you're a Bounty Hunter. Also the game is open world with multiple, well fleshed out branching storylines and factions, with the option to act as a double/triple/whatever agent, or just take the money and run.
>>
>>323342781
KOTOR 3
>>
>>323350776
>cringey 14 year old's OC fanfiction for a story
Fucking kek
>>
>>323346682
Force unleashed made by platinum.
>>
Republic Commando
Now with the chance to save him
>>
An HD remake of Battlefront 2.
>>
>>323350976

It's true.

>you play as Darth Vader's secret apprentice who no one ever knew about
>he's unmatched in the Force and is an expert at reverse grip lightsaber combat
>even though he uses dark powers and is tortured by them, he has a heroic, noble heart
>he's trained by a blind samurai Jedi
>his super banging hot supermodel pilot falls in love with him and turns to the light side with him
>he helps found the Rebel Alliance
>his family crest is their symbol
>he died for our sins
>>
>>323350593
...Even fucking Anakin and Padme had a couple fucking scenes to relax and bond. Rey just seems annoyed with Finn in a few scenes and then they start to like each other. ("You looked at me the way nobody else has!"~ Black guy who had been just a number in an army until a day or two ago)
Ren is just fucktarded. He worships a Sith Lord who was once a Jedi seduced by the darkside and then turned back to the light side. He goes to said Sith Lord's mask for guidance during a time when he's fucking feeling the urge to go to the light. Why idolize someone who turned to the light? Why ask them for help in staying on the dark side when they fucking turned to the light? He's just a hotheaded sissy boy that learns nothing from his failures at all throughout the entire course of the movie.

Rey has no development. She goes from being a scavenger to being an expert pilot to being an expert repairwoman to being an expert shooter to being an expert in the force to being an expert Jedi. All she does is just find more ways to be perfect throughout the entire movie.

I'd rather have no character development in a single movie than shit character development.
>>
>>323342781
Just get Platinum to make a Star Wars game already.

Bonus: Use the 2003 Clone Wars models
>>
Not too hard space sim. Start as a regular guy, have to buy a ship or other means (hire, steal shit) to go to other systems. You can be a smuggler or legit trader, or a pirate. Explorable worlds, random encounters during travels. You can work up your way in Imperial fleet and get your own capital ship and crew under your command. Various ship upgrades. No shitty storyline like galaxy is in danger just fun adventure with force mythos.
>>
>>323351378
I know, I played when I was young and edgy, wanting a "mature" 'wars vidya
>>
A fps or 3rdps MMO that has all planets, Hoth, Tattooine, kashyyyk, etc, with each planet being owned by the faction that won the battle for it, similar to Planetside 2. Once captured, the planet becomes a hub for item trading, weapon and spacecraft upgrades, socializing in cantinas, but the world can still be attacked by enemies across the galaxy. There are areas designated for battle where most of the fighting for planets will take place, but sneaky characters can stealth their way into enemy controlled cities for assassinations, bounty hunting, smuggling, etc. The jedi and the sith are more like guilds you can join and you can only wield a lightsaber if you choose a side. Your force powers will be determined by your level and by your respective guilds guidelines, no force lightning for jedi, etc. There are land to air battles as well as air to space battles which you can fly to and from with your starfighter / spacecraft. Think Galactic Conquest, only way more in depth and truer to its title. The galaxy is the battleground. As for the storyline, it would probably have to be in a non canon galaxy so you can play as droids or empire, new order, rebels, etc

(to be continued)
>>
An EVE-like MMO but with less focus on autism/shipbuilding and more on tactics/strategy.

Everyone starts with the same low rank in one of their various factions: Rebels, Empire, or bounty hunters/smugglers etc.

All you have is a standard issue blaster and some other shit.

You then undertake missions (basically raids) for your faction alongside other players, these can be PvE or PvP based. These raids increase in difficulty the higher level you are. For example, Rebels and Empire are both after some data disk thing, they receive a mission notification if they're nearby and can head down to grab it, probably clashing on the way. Or a bounty hunter might snag it and then sell it to either faction for a high price.

Over time you level up your abilities, unlock new rewards and privileges, such as being able to specialize into a class: pilot, infantry, commander, etc.

I know it's full of holes but this is supposed to be the dream game. Just something massive, absolutely huge scale but without feeling lifeless. Many worlds to visit, many battles to be had, rank privileges mean you can form your own guilds inside the faction...

Of course the graphics, sound (John Williams score pls) and gameplay would have to be top-notch. Lots of lore to discover, lots of freedom, basically a sense of exploration and adventure as your faction battles it out to lay claim to the galaxy. Or you can just be a smuggler and not give 2 shits.
>>
File: VaderDor.jpg (586KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
VaderDor.jpg
586KB, 1920x1080px
A Vader game that's pretty much just the tutorial level from TFU in the form of a full game. I just want to stomp through rebel enclaves throwing scum, choking bitches, and clashing with Jedi. Including my son on Bespin and the Death Star II. Also, bonus mode where you command the Executor.

Otherwise, a better Battlefront that has a fully fleshed out campaign for both sides, Rogue Squadron-inspired vehicle missions, and a huge Endor map to race speeder bikes through.
>>
File: too late.jpg (40KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
too late.jpg
40KB, 480x360px
>>323343502
Only if you get to play as based Piett.
>final level is Battle of Endor
>it's unwinnable
>>
>>323352363
>Not using Piett's gift for strategy to try spinning the SSD around so the bridge windows face away from the Allahu Wing
>>
(continued)
The gunplay would be like a reskin of Battlefield 3, blaster rifles, pistols, all customizable and upgradable. Ammo, damage, element, aesthetic upgrades for guns, lightsabers, ships etc. There is a crafting system for all weapons and lightsabers, as well as armor. You can gain the resources to make stuff through smuggling, pirating, raiding, overthrowing resource specific planets, etc

So, a blend of World of Warcraft, Galactic Conquest, Planetside 2, Destiny, Rogue Squadron, Podracing (on Tattooine), Skyrim
>>
File: piett29.jpg (84KB, 333x383px) Image search: [Google]
piett29.jpg
84KB, 333x383px
>>323352363
>tfw you intensify the forward batteries and some ALLAHU ACKBAR rebel scum crashes into your bridge, killing you and somehow destroying your entire ship
>>
>RPG
>gameplay by tripwire int
>writing by obsidian
>art/sounds by visceral
>publisher valve
>>
>>323342781
Take TIE Fighter and give it better graphics.
Bam. Best Star Wars game of all time.
>>
>>323342781
Game where you command a ship and you have android and other species on your ship. You go around getting into situations on other planets. You keep a log of your journey.
>>
>>323353025
>somehow

Its not some mystery how the ship got destroyed.
They lost engine control when the bridge was destroyed and the gravity of the Death Star brought the ship down.
>>
Pre-CU SWG with modern graphics.
>>
>>323353271
Who the fuck builds their most prized ship so that it loses engine power when the bridge is destroyed? Fucking imperial engineers.

Make a game about being an imperial engineer who designs Star Destroyers, then tests their effectiveness in battle simulations in an RTS-style strategy game
>>
I just want a new Jedi Knight game.
>>
>>323353498
>how come when the cockpit in a plane blows up the plane crashes? The engines still work so it should be fine
>>
>>323354034
On a ship that size you'd think that there would be some sort of failsafe. It's not a plane, it's a giant fucking starship, literally the flagship of the Empire. Not having some measure of autonomous control, or even a second bridge is pretty short-sighted.
>>
>>323354417
Not really. The sheer size of the ship is supposed to deter people from attacking it. Since no capital ship in the rebel fleet can actually take it on.
>>
>>323343249
This I like a lot. Ship it with a Vs mode where you can play as Yoda with Wookies, Annie with Rex and the crew, and other big names
>>
>>323354718
>wanting a game set in the garbage prequel era
>>
>>323353227
Trekkie fag detected!
>>
A Jedi Knight like game during the Mandalorian Wars as a jedi killng hundreds of Mandalorians armed to the teeth.
>>
>>323354823
The movies had bad parts sure but the setting has good parts.

>The Old Republic era:Soldiers are pretty meh, they don't got any real style. That Storm/Clone Trooper look is good and outside of the basic droid the CIS are cool too

>Luke's Era: You only have 2-3 force users in total and rebels look pretty bad in their pilot outfits

Name a better setting for this type of game?
>>
>>323355843
Except the OT setting is better than the prequel setting. By far.
>>
>Disney have the rights, meaning they won't allow anything that might be interesting or not child friendly
>EA still have exclusive rights for the games for another 9 years

There's no hope for Star Wars vidya. It's dead.
At least the SWRPG tabletop game has a great system, a shitload of freedom since Disney doesn't give a shit about it, and is using the Legacy canon.
Even so, that tabletop game won't give me things that the great SW games gave me and that's just depressing.
>>
File: mememed.jpg (73KB, 604x604px) Image search: [Google]
mememed.jpg
73KB, 604x604px
>>323342908
>>
>>323356204
But it does lend well to this force focused game unless you want to go the Force Unleashed route and say a fuck ton of jedi are still alive
>>
>>323356370
>does not*
>>
>>323356370
Or you just make the game not focused around Jedi, like TIE Fighter which is the best Star Wars game there is.
>>
>>323347308
>KoTOR
I thought it was just TOR?
>>
>>323356865
But it ruins the base idea. A game where you play as a jedi and lead a group of clone troopers that you choose how to gear up

You could have a game like that where you create your own "Rogue Squadron" but meeeeeh
>>
>>323356865
>like TIE Fighter which is the best Star Wars game there is.
Good taste, anon. TIE Fighter is indeed the best Star Wars game there is.

And, to answer OP's question, I'd just like to see another TIE Fighter. Possibly with multiplayer dogfighting.
>>
>>323357304
>A game where you play as a jedi

That's a tired ass concept. No more games where you play as Jedi. So fucking sick of Jedi.
>>
>>323342781
Star Wars Kinect except the kinect wouldn't be shit and the game wouldn't be shit
>>
>>323357979
>So fucking sick of Jedi.
This. I just want to be a pilot.
>>
File: 1442187606500.gif (44KB, 784x811px) Image search: [Google]
1442187606500.gif
44KB, 784x811px
>>323342781

Original Star Wars Galaxies pre-CU/NGE with better graphics ;_;
>>
File: Battle_of_Kashyyyk_by_Darren_Tan.jpg (647KB, 1888x2328px) Image search: [Google]
Battle_of_Kashyyyk_by_Darren_Tan.jpg
647KB, 1888x2328px
Some kinda Rogue Squadron game where you can pick up various missions and manage and customize your squad and ship between levels.
>>
Bounty
Hunting
also a first order stormtrooper game
>>
>>323358598
Also why is it that there are so few ships in the new movie, only X-Wings and TIE fighters.
>>
>>323359137
Because that's all normalfags remember from the OT.
And Abrams was pandering like a mother fucker.
>>
>>323342781
Literally just pre-cu SWG with better graphics, collision detection, and more meaningful open world pvp

Either that or a new Star Wars RTS; preferably a sequel to Empire at War with land combat that doesn't suck.
>>
>>323343556
what was so bad about rebel strike, other than the god awful infantry combat?

It had way more missions, and a lot of them were pretty great. Plus a few decent vehicle segments and a co-op version of Rogue Leader
>>
Bacta Tank Simulator.
>>
File: 1440852531319.jpg (149KB, 440x440px) Image search: [Google]
1440852531319.jpg
149KB, 440x440px
>>323360062
>>
>>323359597
Focus on being cinematic with most of the latter half of the game just copying sections from the movie with little regard given to how fun they would be. The ground sections are pretty much on rails, being very simple/easy and with little interactivity, which wouldn't be so bad if it weren't for the fact that almost every mission includes ground parts. Almost the entire Luke campaign was just sloppy and unfun, with the only good level on that side being the one where you need to tow bombs with the airspeeder.

The game has good parts, but it's far less consistent than RS2. And even if it has more levels, most of them really are ruined by the ground sections.
>>
>>323359137
Will A-Wings, B-Wings, TIE Intercepters, even Bombers be non-canon now?

They were all in the OT - I really hope JJ doesn't just forget about them
>>
>>323342781
Galaxies with updated graphics and mechanics
>>
Battlefront with space battles that are as big as the one in the intro to Episode 3
Monolith Soft RPG
Capcom action game
Rogue Squadron to come back pls
>>
>>323355843
>rebels look pretty bad in their pilot outfits
Are you kidding me? Those outfits are fucking awesome.

>those badass helmets
>>
>>323346708
This would actually be pretty cool, it would be a way to show just how scary they are without space magic or heavy weaponry to fall back on.
>>
>>323342781
Jedi Academy 3 with full dismemberment, realistic saber combat, crazy force power progression.

It should be set between episode 3 and 4 you are a force sensitive being trained by one of the last remaining jedi knights on some outer rim shit hole planet the empire gives no fucks about.

Game is 4 - 5 planets with relatively freeform areas.

The game starts with you being just some blaster weidling smuggler who can sort of mind trick / force push their way out of bullshit then are found by a jedi knight who teaches you to hone your skills.

An early mission would include raiding a shipment on an imperial transporter to liberate food for the system and you happen to find a crate of saber crystals to make your saber.
>>
>>323360696
The new X-wings seemed to so agile and had concussion missiles+proton torpedos onboard, I guess they dropped the A-Wing fighters completely.
>>
>>323361949
+ Replaced Y-Wings apparently.
Then the First Order was using tie fighters for airstrikes, apparently replacing tie bombers. Hope JJ remembers that there were other ships
>>
Planetside 2 with a star wars theme and intergalactic combat. Would love to see a clone wars/ Galactic Civil War type of Planetside 2 kind of game. Would be the coolest shit with planetary invasion and blockades and shit
>>
>>323347052
This is false.
>>
File: Awing-sag.jpg (93KB, 816x496px) Image search: [Google]
Awing-sag.jpg
93KB, 816x496px
>>323361949
>I guess they dropped the A-Wing fighters completely.
Fuck that - they were my favorite rebel ships.

I still have some hope, though. At least they were in the OT.

Assault Gunboat never ever
>>
>>323362136
JJ is not involved in the next two Star Wars films.
>>
>>323348197
>Elite: Dangerous/Star Citizen
anon, people want retarded arcade games, not magnificent space sims.
>>
>>323346708
Death troopers. There is literally a book about this. Would love too but with death troopers theme with their experimentation and shit.
>>
>>323348197
Yeah, but actually good.
>>
The New Star Wars Battlefront, except good.
>>
>>323362308
I don't really want arcadey space sims; I want more of the non-on-rails combat variety (like TIE Fighter) or the open-world-variety (like >>323347102 suggests).
>>
>>323362392
The audiobook for that was GOAT. Great book, pretty fun, kinda starts declining in quality towards the end though.
>>
Considering how much potential star wars has for great games I feel like its been mostly wasted over the years.
>>
>>323363629
EA is really sleeping on the license. huge waste, given how much money disney is pouring into advertising
>>
>>323345721
How do you figure?
Star wars is insanely hot right now. EACH owns the rights, and guess who they own....Bioware. also there have been rumors that Bioware is working on a SW title.
>>
>>323363990

any fps they make would just be competing with battlefront so they're out of the question. EA might be compelled to make an rpg or space sim, tho. which would be nice.
>>
>>323361273
You mean the speed cycling slipstream ones? Those are fucking awful
>>
>>323364334
>space sim

I doubt that. No one seems to want a TIE Fighter-ish game anymore. I think normalfags balk at the idea of playing a game that requires a flight stick.
>>
>>323342781
>Force Unleashed 3
;_;
>>
>>323364226
>Bioware
Nigga is right
>tfw no KOTOR3
>>
This is one I've described before, so it may sound familiar.
A jedi knight sequel, where you play as kyle. Max Payne 3 weapon system, so you can mix and match different categories of weapons (blaster and blaster, saber and blaster) and rather than lose your force powers again and regain them slowly to provide progression, there would be force/weapon combinations to discover. Also, some buddy levels with Jan or luke and moves to accommodate that. And of course, the previous games with updated graphics and gameplay.

Also, I've been brainstorming about a new kotor style game, except instead of using d&d 3 rules, using d&d 5 rules. The setting that I'm drawn towards is about 50 years before the prequels, so there's a chance you would see prequel characters. It would start off with your character imprisoned after entering a restricted area and discovering the prophecy about anakin skywalker, and basically inadvertently setting up a lot of the events in the prequels. Helping sheev rise to power, making dooku aware of kamino, limiting power of the trade federation and making them open to sith negotiations, dropping jar jar as a baby, etc etc
>>
>>323364768
But this is the age of the stick. Most folks who play games probably have a working controller with a pair of sticks on it. Hell, I'm playing Elite right now with a PS4 controller.

I used to have several serious flight sticks back in the 90s, the kind that weighed ten pounds and mimicked the look of an F-15e fighter's. Still have an Extreme 3D Pro sitting in a box somewhere. Though a stick where I can be a lot more nuanced and precise with angular deflection would be great, a big stick, let alone a HOTAS are not totally necessary anymore. I can just hover my hands over my keyboard and hold on to a Dualshock/Xbox pad, maybe setup TrackIR.
>>
>>323347308
>the new canon were KoTOR and Republic Commandos.
No they are not.
Malachor is canon as a planet now, and Delta Squad exists but that doesn't make Republic Commando canon.
>>
>>323367012
>Delta Squad exists but that doesn't make Republic Commando canon.
Sev is saved.
>>
File: 43fgjf.jpg (36KB, 400x566px) Image search: [Google]
43fgjf.jpg
36KB, 400x566px
Twi'lek sex simulator.
>>
>>323366904
>with a PS4 controller

I'm talking about a flight stick. The thing no one owns and no one buys.
>>
>>323367104
>Sev is saved
>Everything in Republic Commando is irrelevant
>The fucking reason everyone cared about Sev is gone
Yes Anon. Sec is saved from having a story, a character, a reason to be loved by anyone and so on.
>>
>>323367182
But his point is that nowadays, one can certainly play space sims with console-style controllers.

With the relative popularity of Elite and the hype for No Man's Sky, I think a new Star Wars space sim wouldn't be unheard of to ask for in today's industry. With EA at the helm, maybe not - but still.
>>
I just want to dogfight other humans in space, in a TIE Fighter-style game (but allow the twist axis, as well).

Elite Dangerous isn't cutting it, with its artificially gimped yaw and gimbal everything.
>>
File: 5.jpg (44KB, 350x500px) Image search: [Google]
5.jpg
44KB, 350x500px
>>323364768

i think it did reasonably well sales-wise.
>>
>>323342781
KOTOR 3 & RC 2, absolutely.

But Free Radical Battlefront 3 looked so great and was so much better than EA's. It was pretty much a dream game. And it was real. IT WAS MOSTLY DONE.
>>
A stealth game as you are playing a Rebel spy/Imperial spy as you try and find shit about the opposite faction while not getting caught. Throw in some MGS like elements and I would play.

That or Imperial Commandos mowing down rebel scum.
>>
>>323368873
Except it was trash. And pales in comparison to TIE Fighter.
>>
>>323369563

this is EA we're talking about. I wouldn't set the bar too high.
>>
>>323367161
>>323367161
>>323367161
THIS
>>
>>323359254
THIS so fucking much
>>
Is X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter multiplayer not completely dead?

Last time I checked, there was a small community of people that still played it.

I really want to play it, but I don't want to buy it on GOG and find that there are literally no games.
>>
File: Darth Nihilus vs Atris.jpg (222KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Darth Nihilus vs Atris.jpg
222KB, 1600x1200px
KOTOR II 2
>>
>A Massive Overworld
>Getting the chance to roam the galaxy
>You play as a Grey Jedi and get a general idea what a Grey Jedi life is as well as getting judged by the Sith and Jedi council having trouble trusting you in your endeavours.
>There ARE choices, but those choice don't affect you as a Grey, but rather how others in the galaxy look at you, making Jobs either hard to get or possible events, Bad or Good, appearing in your Jobs .
>Also you take odd Jobs to create a sum of cash and bump into Jedis, Siths, Smugglers, Bounty Hunters, Troopers, Agents, etc. As well as a wide range of Alien Species. Perhaps other Grays.
>The ones you meet on your jobs can become your companions in your escapade, but you have to gain their trust and friendship so they become a contact first, being able to hire them for help or asking for help, because we know that Jedi and Siths won't take your petty cash. Most of them romanceable. Some of them Not, but because extremely close allies.
>If not this, then a game about Jek-14 and his life as a Sith Clone, but a serious game, and not some Lego game, Jek-14 always interested me.
>>
File: Pick one wife.jpg (831KB, 1600x800px) Image search: [Google]
Pick one wife.jpg
831KB, 1600x800px
Jedi wife RPG
>>
>>323342781
Darth JarJar the Game, So I can kill people as Jar Jar, just because, Plus Darth JarJar theory really made me wonder.
>>
File: 512265_5455675.jpg (107KB, 853x543px) Image search: [Google]
512265_5455675.jpg
107KB, 853x543px
A star wars class based planetside game where the republic and the seps fights for ground control of a planet and the planets rotate every victory. rounds would last pretty long, so every rotation would feel fresh since there are a lot of planets in the sw galaxy to choose from like Utapau, Tatooine, Geonosis, Umbara etc.

A third person single-player bounty hunter game where you basically roam the huge ass galaxy for bounties with a multiplayer mode that has you fight other bounty hunters in arenas. Controls would be like max payne with lots of mobility options

A new star wars rts spanning the clone wars to the GCW. enough said

A story-focused jedi game that makes you feel like a jedi/sith. no force unleashed godmode shit, just some actual dueling mechanics. It should be set during the old days when the sith and jedi fought constantly.
>>
>>323372634
Star Wars dating Sim?
I'm in.
>>
>>323342781
battlefront 3
>>
>>323373558
Its not a theory. George intended for Jar Jar to be a sith lord but then backed out after the fan backlash over the character.
He quickly substituted Dooku into the role Jar Jar was meant to fill.
>>
>>323374608
Again, a What If game about Darth JarJar.
>>
>>323342781
It will be like Shenmue, only with a 3 in the title.
>>
-Jedi Academy 2
-Knights of the New Republic
-Dark Forces 3
Thread posts: 194
Thread images: 28

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.