[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>prepare for unforeseen consequences What did he mean by this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 12

File: gentooman.jpg (13KB, 250x248px) Image search: [Google]
gentooman.jpg
13KB, 250x248px
>prepare for unforeseen consequences

What did he mean by this?
>>
prepare for consequences that you didnt expect
>>
He has jew friends.
>>
>>323312883
how is that possible?
>>
Prepare for your father to be brainraped by a spaceworm.

HL2 thread?
>>
>>323312485

Prepare for something even though you don't know what it is. Essentially do absolutely nothing.

Sounds like a 12 year old threatening someone, may appeal to the average Valve game player though.
>>
>>323312485
prepare for disappointment because the series will end on a cliffhanger and never continue.
>>
File: drbreen.jpg (529KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
drbreen.jpg
529KB, 1920x1200px
>>323312485
>>
>>323318959
Why?
>>
We will never see HL3
>>
File: 1451082815099.png (117KB, 482x484px) Image search: [Google]
1451082815099.png
117KB, 482x484px
can't wait for the revival of hl discussion if hl3 ever gets announced
>>
>PREPARE FOR SOMETHING YOU CAN'T PREPARE FOR

BRAVO GABE
>>
Prepare for no sequel
>>
>>323319171
gman meant that Breen will actually convicne the combine to enslave the humans instead of wipe them out or combine with them. save the last remainder of the human race, allowing Alyx and her dad to live and help Gordon
>>
arrange for unplanned ramifications
>>
>>323319296
>old half life lore threads from 2006
>all the discussion when the episodes were being released
I forgot how much I enjoyed those
>>
File: 1451036309097.gif (159KB, 462x600px) Image search: [Google]
1451036309097.gif
159KB, 462x600px
>We will never find out what he ment
>>
You will never watch Rimanah fight Gordon Freeman to death.
>>
>>323312485
Resonance Cascade, obviously.
>>
>>323312485
CONSEQUENCES WILL NEVER BE THE SAME
>>
It's pretty clear. Unforeseen Consequences is one of the first chapters in Half Life, and IIRC Eli remarks that he heard g-man say that just before the Resonance Cascade too. The Borealis is supposed to have telporting tech so he's saying that the same thing will happen again.
>>
>>323312485
>Who is the G-Man?
>How powerful is he?
>What is he trying to achieve?
>What does he plan to do with Gordon?
>What is the big picture of Combine's plans and why is G-Man interfering with their influence?
>What is on the Borealis?
>What are the advisors and what are they capable of?
>What are Gordon and Alyx going to do after Eli's death? Will they find the Borealis? Will they destroy it or harness it's power against the Combine?
>If the Combine is defeated, what happens after?
>>
>>323321326
You're wrong
>>
i don't even care if half-life 3 is ever released at this point. i just want a book or anything to wrap the story up.
>>
>>323318563

hot
>>
>>323321886

Half Life 3, fucking confirmed.

GET HYPE
>>
>>323322032
?
>>
>>323321886
They already said that the HL3 story is pretty much done, but it is meant to be experienced through a game and it wouldn't achieve it's full potential as a book.
>>
File: breen.jpg (378KB, 1000x563px) Image search: [Google]
breen.jpg
378KB, 1000x563px
Carbon stars with ancient satellites, colonized by sentient fungi; gas giants, inhabited by vast meteorological intelligences; worlds stretched thin across the membranes where the dimensions intersect... impossible to describe with our limited vocabulary
>>
File: slide4.jpg (46KB, 495x329px) Image search: [Google]
slide4.jpg
46KB, 495x329px
>>323318959
...Here come the FERNS
>>
File: Lamarr.jpg (129KB, 495x523px) Image search: [Google]
Lamarr.jpg
129KB, 495x523px
What happened to her?
>>
>>323322489

I want to fuck that headcrab
>>
File: Headcrab_underbelly.jpg (129KB, 393x529px) Image search: [Google]
Headcrab_underbelly.jpg
129KB, 393x529px
>>323322571
A-anon..
>>
>>323322489

Spaaaaaaaaaaaaaaace!
>>
>Half life 3 still not out
>Portal 2 comes out
>Left 4 dead 3 info apparently is leaked
>>
>>323322839
Hey, Lamar has been debeaked and is perfectly harmless

I bet Kleiner fucks it all the time, he seems like a lonely weirdo
>>
>>323322571
Debeaked headcrabs would be probably pretty nifty as onaholes.
>>
Get ready for unpredictable results
>>
>thought HL had really good story first time around
>replayed all the games (HL+BS,OP4,HL2 both eps)
>it feels like everything in the story is just winged

How does the Nihilanth fit into everything?

Why can't the oh-so-clever vortigaunts portal to Xen anymore?

And for a multi-dimensional empire, the Combine sure has shitty equipment. Even Black Mesa weaponry is more advanced
>>
>>323324143
>How does the Nihilanth fit into everything?
I think he's like the head vortigaunt, also enslaved by the combine but towards the end he sort of breaks free, but you kill him and pave the way for the Combine? Maybe? Or maybe it's not that at all, so I dunno

>Why can't the oh-so-clever vortigaunts portal to Xen anymore?
Mossman says something about how they use Xen as a "slingshot" (or something) for their teleporter thing, so maybe they can but they want to help the humans because they feel indebted to Gordon

>And for a multi-dimensional empire, the Combine sure has shitty equipment.
I feel like that's part of their deal is that they're somewhat reliant on the capabilities of the planets they're going to. That's why on Xen the alien soldiers had all that bio-mechanical stuff, while on earth they have the hunter-choppers and AR2s and that stuff. Plus there's more to their tech than just military stuff - they have the forcefields, the Citadel itself, those moving wall thingies, stuff that drains the oceans, etc

Not that HL isn't without holes (i'm mostly making the stuff up about Nihilanth because they never really explain it well).

I just want to know what Breen meant when he said Gordon's contract "is open to the highest bidder" and what that means in re: the G-Man
>>
>>323325021
>>323324143
The half-life wiki says of Nihilanth:

"Sometime before the events of Half-Life, the Nihilanth's species came into contact with the Combine. What followed was an incredibly long struggle, that eventually ended with the Nihilanth's kind being hunted to near extinction. The Nihilanth itself was the only survivor, and it and its minions managed to escape into the borderworld, Xen, where they barely managed to survive in a new ecosystem."

Make of that what you will
>>
>>323324143
>And for a multi-dimensional empire, the Combine sure has shitty equipment

It's not like the "shitty equipment" didn't do the job, right m8?
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (166KB, 500x709px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
166KB, 500x709px
>>323325192
Also damn some of that early concept stuff was fucked up

Between this and Mr. Friendly HL could've been a true nightmare of a game
>>
>>323321497
>What are Gordon and Alyx going to do after Eli's death?

This is the single reason why we never got Ep3 or HL3. They fucking broke the story cause they didn't know how to deal with Alyx anymore.

This is why you don't be edgy for edgy's sake.

shoulda killed the G-man instead
>>
>>323325765
Post the scrapped rape-alien.
>>
>>323326979
Nah, that would ruin the mystic of the Gman
>>
>>323322295

Huh, what's this? Oh, put it over there
>>
>>323312485
Prepare for unforeseen consequences in HL = Resonance Cascade.

Prepare for unforeseen cosequences in HL2 E2 = Potential Borealis cascade.

or getting your brain eaten.
>>
File: 1451577496450.jpg (61KB, 407x533px) Image search: [Google]
1451577496450.jpg
61KB, 407x533px
>>323328678
>Potential Borealis cascade.
That would be awesome. HL3 would be cool if it ended in an end world scenario
>>
>>323312485
Prepare for Valve to die out
>girl who made portal left
>HL2 artist leaves
>main writer just retired
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (115KB, 694x554px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
115KB, 694x554px
>>323327943
"They looked like deformed alien genitalia, except for this one that looked like a Cthuluesque dog that had a fairly obvious phallus, and it looked like it was about to mount something. I'm thinking, 'Oh God, what have I done; this guy's a freak.' Then in a very straightforward way Gabe asks, 'So, ahh, what's this underneath the monster, Mr. Friendly?' There's a bit of a pause, then Ted comes back with 'That's his penis. [...] Well, I was thinking, what's scary to our target audience? A lot of them are 14-year-old boys, they've seen all the big brutish monsters with guns for hands already, that won't really do it, so I'm thinking what actual fears do they have? So I decided to go with something that elicits a homophobic response.'

He then starts into a long detailed talk about how Mr. Friendly lurches about in a permanent reptilian sexual display, grabbing the player with these long tentacled arms, and pulling them toward itself until the point of fatal copulation. After he finishes up, there's another long pause as Gabe continues to stare at the image. Gabe then looks up at Ted and says, 'Excellent, that's exactly what I was looking for.'" - Ken Birdwell

Ted Backman was responsible for a lot of the creepier concepts in HL1 and 2, including the Gonarch and most of the synths and the Stalkers
>>
https://youtu.be/3LlAi8ygeMI
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.