[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>its like souls >its a souls-like >its totally like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 12

File: cover_large.jpg (212KB, 600x747px) Image search: [Google]
cover_large.jpg
212KB, 600x747px
>its like souls
>its a souls-like
>its totally like souls
I'm so tired of hearing this shit, a stamina bar doesn't make a souls game, I got this shit because everyone kept saying it was souls like, every boss kill had unskippable cutscenes, you can only be one character, there's no multiplayer, there's no difficulty outside of a couple brick wall enemies that have no exploitable weakness and cannot be passed at low level.

This shit is just a generic western RPG, if I had to compare, fucking Skyrim had more souls mechanics than this piece of shit game.

Not to even mention that horrible fucking input lag on heavy characters. making every button press trigger four seconds after you push the button isn't the right way to make characters feel heavy.

I actually looked up the studio, they have more fucking games than EA under their belt and not a single one I've ever heard of in my 20+ years of gaming, how is this trash even allowed?
>>
>>323310938
welcome to 2012?
>>
>i bought the game
>how is this allowed?

you literally allowed it
>>
No real use in discussing how shit it is. Its a western attempt at Souls series without understanding what makes them good. Almost everyone forgot about this game.
>>
It's shovelware, made by a shovelware dev. Don't give these Polish trash the satisfaction of even talking about their worthless shit game.
>>
>>323311754
Are you pretending to be retarded or do you genuinely believe what you said actually makes any sense?
>>
File: 1452351833382.gif (2MB, 193x200px) Image search: [Google]
1452351833382.gif
2MB, 193x200px
>tfw your friend bought the most expensive collector's edition of this and now it's falling dust on it
>>
>>323310938
>This shit is just a generic western RPG, if I had to compare, fucking Skyrim had more souls mechanics than this piece of shit game.

list them
>>
>>323312478
This thing had a collector's edition?
>>
>>323310938

No people say this is a souls game for making slight variations to the combat (think Shadow of Mordor is to Assassins Creed) and then generally being shit.
>>
File: fallens.jpg (54KB, 600x300px) Image search: [Google]
fallens.jpg
54KB, 600x300px
>>323312952
>>
>>323313123
>Handcrafted polystone bust.
Why.jpg
>>
>>323313325
m a r k e t i n g
>>
>>323310938
>http://pcsx2.net/273-1-4-0-release-end-2015-report.html
>a stamina bar doesn't make a souls game

No but the clunky combat controls, sponge bosses, atmosphere and shit gameplay make it a souls type game.
>>
It wouldn't even be a horrible game if it just didn't try so desperately to emulate souls without really understand what made souls good.
>>
got banned from a twitch stream for saying this was a shit souls rip off while the streamer was playing it

people actually tried to defend this game when it came out lmao
>>
>>323313123
I find it hard to believe that bust didn't turn out to be crumbling, unpainted clay shit like those Witcher ones.
>>
>>323313627
>http://pcsx2.net/273-1-4-0-release-end-2015-report.html
Uhh... what?
>>323313627
>clunky combat controls, sponge bosses, atmosphere and shit gameplay
You've never actually played a souls game, have you?
>>
>>323313636
Nah, the devs actually sent out early copies and paid streamers and youtubers to promote it. It's well documented.
>>
>>323313637
>like those Witcher ones.
You mean that one single instance of a meme photo that literally everyone uses ad nauseum?
>>
>>323313637
Hold on I have meme for that.
>>
i just recently beat it, dumping like 90% of my stats into strength and shoving two scaling runes into the spear thing.

that shit's clearly overpowered, it was more than twice as strong as the second other weapon sorted by damage.
>>
>>323313763
>implying shitty combat, infinite poise damage sponge bosses, "le destroyed/ruined medieval fantasy" atmosphere, and shitty movement/gameplay isnt part of souls games

there are other things that makes souls good, but to say it doesnt have the above is a bold fucking face lie
>>
>Bought at launch
>Disgusting chromatic aberration
>Quit couple hours in
>Couple days ago hear there was a patch that allowed you to disable CA
>Install it and play the game for a bit
>No voice audio
>Okay.jpg
>No combat audio from my character
>Okay.jpg
>The game has crashed

Into the trash it goes.
>>
>>323313637
You realize that was fake, right?
>>
File: 1396235059803.gif (2MB, 275x154px) Image search: [Google]
1396235059803.gif
2MB, 275x154px
>another thread shitting aimlessly at LotF

Yes, we get it, it isn't a carbon copy of a Souls game and it's pretty shit
But people still don't get that this is at least a step in the right direction. Someone else, not Fromsoft, actually attempting the Souls formula for once, and all things considered did a decent job
I've personally completed the game with all the 3 classes, but that's where the content ended, it had nothing else to offer.
They should have wasted less time on all the fancy armor and world details to make the maps themselves longer and more intricate, maybe come up with less humanoid bosses

I hope to see more "souls" games from different companies to see what they can offer.
That Samurai Souls game is looking decent, and the 2D ones also seem to be promising
>>
>>323314312
>but to say it doesnt have the above is a bold fucking face lie
Hyperbole =! truth.

Combat hasn't really been "clunky" since Demon's. I don't think there has ever been a boss that's a sponge, outside maybe that dragon in DS2. And if you're claiming souls has "shit gameplay" You're clearly lying out of your ass, have never played the game, or are just a cheap troll, all of which disqualify you from any right to discuss the game.
>>
>>323314489
>Yes, we get it, it isn't a carbon copy of a Souls game and it's pretty shit
>But people still don't get that this is at least a step in the right direction.
Its really not, the problem isn't that its not a copy of souls, the problem is that it tries to be but fails in every aspect, if the game tried to do its own thing it could have been a decent game, but the devs so desperately tried to copy souls and clearly they've never played a souls game.

>>323314489
>That Samurai Souls game is looking decent
This too, what is this shit? I've seen that video, where exactly did you niggers draw that its a souls-like game? because items float in light orbs? You're all a bunch of god damn retards.
>>
>>323313627
lol trueee
>>
>>323314662
fuck off with your "right" to point out shit in a game.

Try to jump a ledge in souls. Oh, its hard? like because its a difficult jump? There's distractions? Enemies?

oh no its because the CONTROLS SUCK DICK

thats bad gameplay and you can go fuck yourself.
Im not saying the souls games are bad and terrible games. they just have bad and terrible inputs and gameplay but make up for it because that was their intent and the rest of the game is balanced around that.

Its shit to jump, so theres only one jump and its for a bonus? thats ok, actually, thats really good. doesnt make jumping ANY LESS SHIT THOUGH

btw lords of the fallen has some forced jumping parts with the same shitty jumping controls, thats the difference between both of them.
>>
>>323315153
>He actually did not play a souls game.
>Still being argumentative about it.
kek, chill boy, you'll catch ass hernia.
>>
>>323315381
>he's saying bad things about souls!
>quick, dismiss his comments
we did it, reddit
>>
>>323315543
No, you're just lying your ass off, I didn't know ic soft also had shills, shouldn't be be shilling venetica 2 or something? Do you even still get paid for defending this piece of shit game?
>>
>>323314853
>Its really not
Do you have an example of a good "souls-like" game then?

>where exactly did you niggers draw that its a souls-like game?

It's written all over it
>lockon, stamina, health, block, parry and dodges
>has checkpoints to levelup at
>items float on the ground as generic sacks/armor
>literally get "souls" from killing enemies that draw into the character
>you die and leave a bloodstain which has a cool mechanic for other people online that can summon a tough enemy to fight from your bloodstain
>a guy literally summon a golden shining samurai from an alter to help him

Of course, people will still shit all over it because MUH SOULZ GAMEPLAY, but I am personally glad to see other people expanding on this

Salt and Sanctuary is looking like a decent 2D "souls-like" from what I've seen too
>>
>>323310938
Stop posting dummy.
>>
>>323315876
>Do you have an example of a good "souls-like" game then?

First of all, are you sure you're follwing the conversation? me not having an example of a good "souls-like" game doesn't nullify the fact this game is shit.
Do you even know what you're arguing any more?
>>
>>323315876

>Bush is a bad president.
>No he's not!
>Well show me another president that's Good then.

Jugga wut?
>>
>>323316048
All I'm saying is that Lords of the Fallen was a decent start to the souls-like genre from other companies, that's it

People can hate it all they want, but there isn't anything else apart from the actual Souls games like it, which is why I think it's a good first step
A clumsy, slow and unbalanced step, but a step nonetheless
>>
>>323316351
>All I'm saying is that Lords of the Fallen was a decent start to the souls-like genre from other companies
And all i'm saying is that its not.
>>
if its a souls rip off, so what?
>>
>>323315876
Shadow Tower.
>>
>>323316418
Fair enough
>>
>>323314489
>That Samurai Souls game is looking decent
you mean Ni-oh? is more of a grounded Ninja Gaiden considering its made by the Ninja Gaidan guys
>>
>>323310938
>fucking Skyrim had more souls mechanics than this piece of shit game
You are so full of shit.
>>
>>323317079
k famm.
>>
>>323317079
He's technically right.
Only souls thing in lords of the fallen was stamina bar. Skyrim had a stamina bar and bows.
>>
File: 1418060820539.webm (3MB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
1418060820539.webm
3MB, 600x338px
so where are the LoF webms?
>>
>>323310938
>Not to even mention that horrible fucking input lag on heavy characters. making every button press trigger four seconds after you push the button isn't the right way to make characters feel heavy.
I bet you think souls games do a perfect representation of heavy eqipment and two handed weapons.
>>
File: 1362931212142.gif (2MB, 500x391px) Image search: [Google]
1362931212142.gif
2MB, 500x391px
>>323317265
>Only souls thing in lords of the fallen was stamina bar
>>
When I played, I went with a 2H weapon build like I normally do when given the opportunity and I felt as if I was slower than nearly all other enemies, especially bosses, plus being hit at all during a swing ALWAYS interrupted me and it made the game entirely too needlessly difficult, feeling cumbersome.

Anybody else have this experience?
>>
>>323317613
>I was slower than nearly all other enemies
Which you were, but dealt like 1/3 or half of their HP in damage with a single running R2, if not outright killing the smaller ones

> being hit at all during a swing ALWAYS interrupted me
Armour has the most impact in Lords than any Souls game. It decreases damage and give tons of poise, especially if you level Strength. You are actually supposed to tank hits if you are going for a heavy strength build, or block them with your greatshield
>>
>>323317920
Huh. I don't remember what my armor was like, haven't played in over six months. Maybe maybe maybe I'll boot it up sometime and see if I can change anything around. I don't use shields.
I had finally beaten the second major boss after over an hour or two of repetition then a little after that, I went into one of those 'secret' areas but the sheer amount of mobs fucked me too hard and I had no way to heal.
>>
>>323317581
Yes that's what I said, good job, you can read :)
>>
>>323317534
>I bet you think
You just lost the bet, can you kill yourself now?
>>
>>323318189
It's a shitton more methodical than even DaS1, so take it slow, especially if you're going with a heavy two-handed weapon
The go-to combo for those is usually a running R2 into an R1, typically you should be able to kill almost anything with that

You should also be able to block with simply the weapon.
Just remember to wear the best possible armor if you're going without a shield and with a heavy weapon
>>
>>323318460
Which is wrong.

Or you simply haven't played the game, which is fine then
Or just going through this thread you'll see that people complain that it's trying too hard to be Dark Souls than anything else
>>
File: 9f9.jpg (28KB, 613x533px) Image search: [Google]
9f9.jpg
28KB, 613x533px
>>323318681
>It's a shitton more methodical
>LoTF
>methodical
Company shill, pls go.
>>
>>323318803
>Which is wrong.
Okay, sorry, you can't read.
>ad hominem.
Rich arguments.
>>
>>323318813
Alright, it's a shitton more slugish, boring and slow

Does that relate to your taste?
>>
>>323318681
>Just remember to wear the best possible armor if you're going without a shield and with a heavy weapon
Alright. I'll try to remember that if I ever decide to play it again. Sucks I can't roll around.
>>
>>323318991
Wow, good job on getting all passive aggressive, faggot.

Don't get pissy at me because you got called out for lying out the fucking ass.
>>
>>323315381
>can't counteract
>quick, divert!
>divert!
>>
>>323318948
Where the fuck did you see an ad hominem?

Anyone who played at least 10 minutes of the game will tell you that it has basically all of the DaS features in it, so I can only assume that you haven't

No sane person can say unironically that the only thing LotF has from DaS is the stamina bar
>>
>>323319290
>>can't counteract
Counteract what? delusional rambling of a chronic liar?

>can't counteract
>Quick I'll say he's diverting.
>>
>>323319470
>Base your entire argument on "hurduer u didn't play it"
>get pissy when not taken seriously
Reddit is calling.
>>
>>323319223
>lying out the fucking ass
About what exactly?

You honestly can't play a heavy weapon in this game the same as in Dark Souls, it's pretty clear, and considering how terrible the rolls are you mostly just have to keep out of range and look for openings, while in Dark Souls you can always i-frame through any attack and stay on the offensive
>>
>>323319750
Clunky combat mechanics with horrible imput lag are a lot of things, they're not methodical.

Its not about how you play it compared to souls, its about how you play it compared to any fucking game, when you push a button, and character begins reacting to that button push a second later, it doesn't matter if the hitboxes are in order or if it requires forethough, input lag is input lag. That's like calling piss a refreshing beverage because in some cultures its acceptable to drink it.
>>
>>323319750
>you can always i-frame through any attack
dat hyperbole

Have you even played souls before?
>>
>>323320109
I have no idea if it has input lag or not, but I personally did not feel it, or got used to it or something

If not methodical I don't know what to call it, but that's how I played it, especially with dual daggers where you could unleash a whole combo during a single opening with enough time to roll away

>>323320242
Yes you can't roll through multi-hit attacks, but rolling away usually works

Which attack on which enemy exactly are you having trouble with i-frames?
>>
You only hate it because it's not made by gooks.
>>
>>323320958
>Call out hyperbole
>Oh what are you having trouble with
get fucked, seriously, just fucking kill yourself.
>>
>>323321125
>Third rate chinese company with eurotrash employees.
>Not made by gooks
kek'd real good.
>>
File: 1422317917878.gif (3MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1422317917878.gif
3MB, 320x240px
>>323310938
>fucking Skyrim had more souls mechanics than this piece of shit game.

You're fucking wrong here though and this is all your dumb rant is founded on.
>>
File: 1280529011320.png (232KB, 625x403px) Image search: [Google]
1280529011320.png
232KB, 625x403px
>>323320242
Not him but are you suggesting that rolling does not include i-frames? That was why rolling was the ideal in Demon's Souls not that I expect much of the current /v/ populace to have played DeS.
>>
File: yhea.jpg (28KB, 471x410px) Image search: [Google]
yhea.jpg
28KB, 471x410px
>Souls fanbase is so toxic that when a game tries to emulate it it gets bashed to the ground no matter what.

Fuck you, LotF was an ok game. Got it on sale and I don't regret the 15 hours it took me to finish it. Sure it was no masterpiece but it was still a very enjoyable experience.

No other fanbase does this btw. Even the moba crowd accepts competition. Soulfags trully are the worst.
>>
>>323321201
That was a genuine question, but alright, I can stoop to your level I guess

Name me ONE fucking attack that you cannot i-frame through that's not a multi hit faggot
Any fucking enemy from Dark Souls and post a webm while you're at it
>>
>>323321440
>Not him
Ok, bye.
>>
>>323321462
This

It's just sad, really
>>
>>323321489
>That was a genuine question, but alright, I can stoop to your level I guess
What level is that exactly? You're the one that responded with assumptions and asspull when confronted of your lies.
>>
>>323321462
>LotF was an ok game.
stopped reading there.
>>
>>323321756
>get fucked, seriously, just fucking kill yourself.
The level or childishness that you are displaying

Still waiting for that example, which I doubt you'll provide for various reasons
>>
>>323321875
ok
>>
>>323321924
>The level or childishness
Like I said, I called out your hyperbole and you just responded with "oh yeah well you're having trouble with something"

Literally fucking kill yourself, seriously, don't expect me to argue genuinely when I'm dealing with self-absorbed little shit who can only base his arguments on hyperbole and assumptions.

You want me to argue genuinely on a mature level? How about you reformat your argument is it doesn't blow every fact out of proportion to support an argument which could not stand without the exaggerations.
>>
>>323321960
Good, finally a bitch that knows its place.

Now bark for me bitch, I order you.
>>
>>323322549
you seem disturbed
>>
>>323322214
Alright, I will try then

As your initial complain was towards my phrase about being able to i-frame through any attack. I did clarify that multi-hit attacks are not included since they are very obviously designed to bypass this

Can you please give me an example, or an enemy, or maybe a scenario of an attack by an enemy in Dark Souls which cannot be i-framed?

Oh and try avoiding the unique scenarios like Kalameet's nose swipe that drags you along, which honestly does not apply in this case
>>
>Literally doing what he's told.

dude wut?
>>
It's trash? So in other words like a Souls game.
>>
>>323322767
>Give me an example that opposes my claim.
>But examples that oppose my claim don't count.

Jesus fuck, are you serious?

Whatever, I'm done, you can have your argument, you'll clearly just bullshit, lie, and tweak the rules and shift the goalpost until you end up being right and I don't have the energy to shitfling with a retard for longer than a few minutes.
>>
>>323323189
Alright, take care then
>>
God, the protagonist is one of the most generic looking characters in video games. It's just "Gritty bald guy #752"
>>
>>323310938
I am 99% convinced this game was supposed to have a warhammer license, but didn't end up getting it.

The lore, the armour design and the demons all scream warhammer. There's a big unclean one in lords of the fallen ffs
>>
File: 1409881153334.png (218KB, 698x515px) Image search: [Google]
1409881153334.png
218KB, 698x515px
>>323310938
Is OP autistic? Sure looks like it.
>>
>>323324689
Same
It's like they couldn't decide if they wanted a warhammer game or a gritty Warcraft game so just blended the two
Thread posts: 94
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.