[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why hasn't it come out on PC yet? Why is Microsoft so terrified

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: destiny1.jpg (816KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
destiny1.jpg
816KB, 1920x1200px
Why hasn't it come out on PC yet? Why is Microsoft so terrified of expanding their gaming audience?
>>
>>323294163
>September 9, 2014, for the PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4
scratch that, I thought it was only for Xbox One.
>>
>>323294163
Because if it came to PC it would be hacked thorn city
>>
because it's wow lite mixed with halo and a sprinkle of terrible weapon balance and a dash of repetitive gameplay. It'd tank miserably on PC because they have so many better mmo titles
>>
>>323296128
MMOs on PC are dead.
>>
>>323296128
It's not really an MMO and there isn't much competition for Destiny even if it did come out on PC. The real reason is that it's just too much work and there's not enough interest. It already takes a ton of time to develop and test for 4 systems, adding another may not justify the time and cost. It's not like there was a huge outcry of PC gamers asking for this game.
>>
>>323298382
It's not an RPG but it's an MMO. The tedious grind is there, thorns and all. It just lacks the decent story, the balance, or the gameplay of most traditional MMOs. The fact that you can't see a hundred players at once doesn't make it not an MMO.
>>
>Why is Microsoft so terrified of expanding their gaming audience?

MS has nothing to do with Destiny.
>>
Released as is on pc the game would be too easy.
They would have to actually do work to balance the game for m+keyboard play and that's just too much work.
>>
>>323294163

If it were on PC nobody here would talk about it.
>>
>>323299119
Can't wait until consolebabbies reply to this claiming their controller is more accurate than KBM.
>>
>>323299258

Well destiny 2 is coming on pc. The first isn't since consoles were releasing so they made a contract for console exclusivity since they were afraid the pc would hamper their growth.

Though I don't think it will do too well if borderlands 3 comes out given that game franchise is superior overall.
>>
>>323299443

>The first isn't since consoles were releasing so they made a contract for console exclusivity since they were afraid the pc would hamper their growth.

What's the game doing on PS3 and 360 then/
>>
>>323298616
>the fact that you can't see a hundred players at once doesn't make it not an MMO

actually it does MMO comes from Massively Multiplayer Online, Massively Multiplayer implies significantly more than the normal player numbers, but destiny never has more than 12 players in a session. If anything Destiny is a MUD like Diablo.
>>
File: 32532525.jpg (103KB, 994x232px) Image search: [Google]
32532525.jpg
103KB, 994x232px
>>323299554

The visuals look like poop on those platforms. They wanted to showcase the "next gen" consoles are the most powerful to market them. Can't have that if a pc is looking and running better.

So there was never a pc version planned for destiny 1.
>>
>>323300301

Oh right that contract also proved parity was a thing devs agreed on.

Guess everyone forgot about it by now.
>>
>>323300301
>Xbox 720
What timeline is this?
>>
>>323300610

The nickname for the xbox one. They were writing up contracts way before it was even given an official name.
>>
Pc would need it's own seperate balancing and need stricter anti-hack precautions.

Not gonna happen.
>>
I honestly stopped caring once it was revealed to be Borderlands 2 with Halo artstyle.
>>
>>323300178
PSO is classified as an MMO despite being broken up into 4-player lobbies
>>
>>323294163
Because nobody actually wants it
>>
>>323294163
my PC died a few days ago, so I decided to buy this for my bloodborne machine tyo keep me busy

it's ok I guess, but it really does feel grindy as all fuck, getting pub teams is pointless, the level cap feels way too low, and the story felt rushed and disconnected (I bought it from the PSN, and honestly thought I had bought the expansion as a standalone game, because of how in-media-res the whole thing is, and how little is actually explained to you)

the whole game feels like a mashup of borderlands and warframe, but with very little visual identity

that being said, it was good way to pass time until my computer got back
so it's on par with solitaire for a time killer, and thats probably the best I can say about it

frankly, theres no point releasing it on PC and they know it, the game wouldn't sell well, and PC gamers would rip it to shreds for it's unoriginality
>>
>>323301824
>frankly, theres no point releasing it on PC and they know it, the game wouldn't sell well

Pretty much this. I'd wager it will be like titanfall. Or the latest battlefront. It can't match up to borderlands in general unless they start making it unique in it's own way.
>>
>>323301139
then PSO is misclassified
>>
>>323294163
you are not not missing much mang, apart from the qt the game its mediocre at best.
>>
Bungie needs to get back to their roots with Mac / Linux games.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.