[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Reboots done right

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

File: 23423.jpg (43KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
23423.jpg
43KB, 460x215px
How does it make you feel it gets a sequel this year?
>>
>>323284664

Game got boring quick, too little enemy variety
>>
>>323284664
Picture not related? SW 2013 was shit.
>>
>Procedural generation
>Randomized loot a-la Borderlands
>Focus on co-op

Worried
>>
>>323284906
>Procedural generation
Wait, seriously?
What the fuck?
>>
>>323284664
nobody cares, as shown in this thread.
>>
>>323284906
It's not actually randomized loot.

It's randomized CRAFTING ITEMS, so you can make over 70 basically identical weapons! Isn't that FUN, anon? Don't you LIKE grinding materials so you can try out five different varieties of pistol, just to find the one that feels the least shit to use?
>>
>>323284747
>>323284826
>>323284991
You might as well tell me what is a good reboot then?
>>
>>323284978
Yup, no mission has a set map. Just a few pre-designed chunks the game can pick from and a fuckload of randomized hallways connecting them.
>>
File: SS3 biomechanoid high settings.jpg (2MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
SS3 biomechanoid high settings.jpg
2MB, 3840x2160px
>>323285056
Serious Sam 3:BFE.
Though SS didn't exactly "go" anywhere, and was warmed up earlier with the HD remasters.
>>
>>323284978

>Procedural Environments: The breach between the human and demon realms created an interdimensional hernia resulting in constant shifts to the world of Shadow Warrior 2. Procedurally generated landscapes and paths bring new twists and turns to once familiar terrain and routine missions.

Yep

I had fun with SW 2013 and I like the sound of some of what they're adding in 2, especially the different melee weapons and better damage modelling since the katana was the best part of SW. But some of the features they're adding in 2 make me pretty uneasy that they'll fuck it up.
>>
>>323285207
>make vertical design more prominent and give player cool tricks like air dash to move quickly above ground while filling entire level with hordes of enemies so you can kill them in creative way
>make some cool new guns like that satisfying minigun they were using in gameplay showcase
>shit on everything with lame crafting elements, coop and randomized fucking levels
Jesus christ why.
>>
>>323285056
> what pile of shit tastes the best
>>
>>323285408
Because normies love co-op, crafting, and replayability in the form of randomization rather than practicing their skills to get perfect at a pre-designed level.

It's entirely designed to appeal to more modern PCucks than the first did with its old-school feel.
>>
>melee combat in first person
Why does this exist?
>>
>>323285631
Because it's fun as fuck when done right.
>>
>>323285631
Because it was the best part of the game.
>>
SW was a good game, but a bad reboot. It also had a good share of its own problems.
>difficulty levels are only making enemies bullet sponges, on highest difficulty you need to unload half of your ammo in a head of random small demon to kill him
>weapons are too fucking weak even fully upgraded, shotgun is the most notorious example, even with four fucking barrels it still sucks ass, struggling to kill even trash mobs in one attack
>bosses are boring garbage
>most of the chi powers and upgrades are shit
It's hilarious when people advised devs to nerf katana when they should instead buff everything else if they want people to play on higher difficulty levels. I went on the highest one, it devolved to the charged crossbow spamfest coupled with katana as only those two things were viable.
>>
>>323284664
Hyped as fuck since they finally learned and seems like they are bringing back open levels.

Although I doubt it will be as good as Classic.
>>
>>323285680
What advantages does the first person perspective offer over third person?
>>
>>323285746
I just read about the procedural generation thing, disregard what I said.

Shadow Warrior's strongest element is in the level design and proper secret placement, if the game is generated randomly it will be boring as fuck.
>>
Game wasn't good
>>
>>323285743
Shotgun is stronk as fuck so long as you play on normal or hard like any sane person would, and I actually liked the bosses conceptually - they just needed to have somewhat shorter fights and to mix them up a bit, possibly with more beamspam, so you weren't standing still for so much of them.

Agreed with the rest though.
>>
>>323285935
>Shotgun is stronk as fuck so long as you play on normal or hard like any sane person would
I don't remember it being good even on normal. Sometimes that shit STILL managed to leave trash mobs alive after a point blank shot.
>>
I enjoyed shadow warrior
Wasn't amazing but I'd pick up the sequel eventually

Reboots I'd say were done right would be
>prince of Persia
>XCOM
> tomb raider, I legitimately enjoyed it and I'm looking forward to playing Rise Of
>>
>>323285796
It allows for a greater degree of precision in 1v1 duels, primarily.

I also personally like how it forces you to maintain greater situational awareness since you have to constantly remember where everything is in relation to you without being able to see it in your peripheral vision like in 3rd person.

Also
>muh immersion
>>
The whole Hoji's story was surprisingly good for a shooter.
>>
>>323286075
I just replayed through it and never had that issue, it pretty much makes a cone of death in front of you for like five metres that kills all trash mobs.

Though the cone WAS very narrow up close, so it was surprisingly easy to miss with it at times. Maybe that's what you remember?
>>
>>323285631
Holy shit have you not play Dark Kicks of Kicks and Foot?
>>
>>323286097
>precision in 1v1 duels
True, but the game doesn't really take advantage of that. You're almost always up against mobs
>forces you to maintain greater situational awareness
Being attacked constantly from offscreen isn't enjoyable

God hand really limited your FOV with its over the shoulder camera, but the devs had enough sense to give the player a radar so that they wouldn't be getting blindsided constantly
>>
CHOPPIN' DUDES TO BITS AGAAAAIIIIIIN
>>
>>323286095
>prince of Persia
Only if you're talking about the sands trilogy
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.