[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>you can save, quit, and load your game anywhere >the only

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: dark souls.jpg (16KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
dark souls.jpg
16KB, 320x320px
>you can save, quit, and load your game anywhere
>the only penalties for death are the loss of money/exp and humanity, both of which are easily restored
>combat really boils down to memorizing your and your enemies' movesets
>you can't get a game over

Is the "Dark Souls is for TRUE gamers" meme something a bunch kids who've never played a 16-bit game came up with?
>>
File: 1315439908447.jpg (8KB, 158x152px) Image search: [Google]
1315439908447.jpg
8KB, 158x152px
>>323260015
>game overs are what makes a game hardcore
>>
Its fun as fuck to get your ass kicked then kick your opponents ass, knowing that you figured out just the right way to fuck him over. It is a fun challenging game.
>>
>>323260015

Yeah quitting the game and loading back to the exact same point again is such an advantage. True gamers like myself play throughout games in one sitting or not at all.
>>
>>323260015
awful bait senpai
here's your (you)
>>
try blocking
>>
>>323260015
lololol epic OP XDXDXD
>>
>>323260015
>thinking 16-bit games are hot shit

come back when you've played some 8-bit games, faggot nerd
>>
>>323260015
Take your nostalgia goggles off, most games from that era hid a dearth of content behind artificial difficulty and bullshit repetition.
>>
>>323263245
>artificial difficulty

Are you even capable of criticizing anything without using buzzwords?
>>
File: 1437507401014.jpg (30KB, 500x587px) Image search: [Google]
1437507401014.jpg
30KB, 500x587px
>>323260015
>Is the "Dark Souls is for TRUE gamers" meme something a bunch kids who've never played a 16-bit game came up with?
>>
>>323260015
Are "16bit games are for true gamers" meme something a bunch of kids who've never played a 8 bit game?
>>
File: 1446433283041.gif (2MB, 356x292px) Image search: [Google]
1446433283041.gif
2MB, 356x292px
>>323260492
*tips
>>
>>323261650
I don't know who started this meme, but it's shit. It's like something reddit would do.
>>
>>323264134
They were literally designed to make you payout coins when you die.
>>
>>323260136
risk/reward is the hallmark of a proper game
when a state is infinitely recallable, then the risk vanishes
It might at that point you're essentially "brute forcing" the game
Imagine chess where you can revive your queen at any time lol
Or if your opponent is too difficult, you eventually gain the ability to play two moves for every one of his. That's RPG mechanics in a nutshell, and why RPGs can never be considered actual games
>>
>>323265651
>Revenge of Shinobi
>Sonic the Hedgehog
>Contra: Hard Corps
>Comix Zone
>Gaiares
>designed to make you pay quarters
>>
>>323260015
No
>the only penalties for death are the loss of money/exp and humanity, both of which are easily restored
Sometimes
>combat really boils down to memorizing your and your enemies' movesets
Not really. PVE is just picking one of three defensive playstyles. Shield + poking, dodging + rolling, or parrying + dodging
But online is a different story which requires skill, since players will most likely know more about the game than you, and know the same strategies you used in single player
>you can't get a game over
The core concept of the game is that you can't die for good. You're undead. The games world is the game over. Winning is ending the cycle arguably, but you know people will just think I'm Vaati for saying this

Its probably bait but a lot of people reading this thread probably will believe OPs greentext
>>
>>323266024
It always bothered me how reflectively inefficient that would be input wise.
>>
>>323260015
You would love DS2, soul memory ensures that there's quite a penalty for losing souls.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.