[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

was this guy supposed to be a total pushover, or is full havel's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: gwyn.jpg (453KB, 878x472px) Image search: [Google]
gwyn.jpg
453KB, 878x472px
was this guy supposed to be a total pushover, or is full havel's + dragontooth just overpowered?

i had heard he was easy if you parry him but i didn't parry once, i just ate his attacks and heavy attacked the shit out of him
>>
>>323259653
Some builds reck certain bosses, parrys and strength/poise give him a hard time but sex builds can't roll away most of the time because of his fuck big range.
It's like how butterfly is the easiest bios if you have any kind of ranged.
>>
>>323260023
*dex
>>
File: 1322868480469.gif (1MB, 425x252px) Image search: [Google]
1322868480469.gif
1MB, 425x252px
>>323260023
>sex builds
>>
>>323259653
It felt intentional, like it symbolized your progression as a warrior and also how he's only a shadow of his original power.

He was easy to cheese by keeping stalagmites between you and him and circle-strafing around those so his grabbing attack would reach you but you could still get a hit in.

Most other main bosses like 4 kings and Biggie & Smalls, and especially the DLC bosses, were much more difficult than him.
>>
>>323260452
even the dlc bosses were fucking cake with havels+dragon tooth

i was having a fuckton of trouble with kalameet trying to quick roll with a spear and jab between his attacks. eventually i just put on havels with the dragon tooth and tanked everything and just smashed him to death.

with manus i went down there with like 10 estus and 2 humanity, thought i was going to die but wanted to test the waters. same thing, just smashed him to death. i didnt even use the silver pendant. it felt too easy
>>
>>323259653
He's suppose to be pretty weak. Gwyn is not only old as fuck, but also spent the last who knows how long burning alive and has just about lost his mind. This isn't the final showdown between two superpowers. You're here to kill an old man and take his throne.
>>
>>323260452

>Making the final boss a joke was intentional, really! It wasn't just poorly thought out boss design!

Fromdrones will come up with anything to excuse the problems of their games.

Gee, I wonder. If making him a joke was intentional, then why did Miyazaki say in interviews that he regret adding the ability to parry Gwyn?
>>
>>323259653
>>323260907
the trade-off is that you're extremely limited in your playstyle, especially before you're able to equip and use full havel & dragon tooth. and even then it's a pretty boring playstyle.

You never died repeatedly to any boss?
>>
>>323261154
I never parried once in the game senpai and he was still one of the easier bosses
>>
>Guys I used the heaviest, toughest armor in the game with the best poise rating, and I used one of the strongest STR weapons in the game to lame it out, why was the fight so easy
GEE I DUNNO
>>
It was very hard if you weren't that tanky and didn't know much about parrying, which I would say is the majority of people playing the game for the 1st time.
>>
>>323259653
I never learned to parry, so he was pretty fucking hard because of his aggressiveness. Not to mention I used the Murakumo and it felt it was harder because I had to get closer than normal to hit.
>>
>>323261260
i did but not when i was using havels+tooth

i would always use havels+lightning spear and med roll around or elite knight+lightning spear and quick roll and i died a lot with those builds

as soon as i whipped out the tooth the last three bosses of the game were a joke
>>
>>323261430
>Murakumo

ouch.

It's a shame that most weapons that looked cool were pretty eh
>>
>>323261154
To be fair, the final bosses in other Souls games are also easy as fuck. Bloodborne was also easy as fuck, especially the "true" final boss which you can essentially just run up to and R1 it to victory.
>>
>>323261359
>using the heaviest armor in the game should automatically make the three hardest bosses in a game centered around rolling rather than talking a cakewalk
>>
>>323261465
It's good, if not great, for PvE, but you're playing with a crutch when it comes to PvP
>>
dark souls has the most easiest pathetic boss's
only manus and ornstein and smough are kinda hard at first
>>
Poise was a mistake

Dark Souls is a slightly failed experiment with good lore

Bloodborne is better, Dark Souls 3 will either be the best or we get Miyazaki'd again
>>
>>323260907
try that on ng+7
>>
>>323261926
shit taste
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.