[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I HAVE BROUGHT PEACE, AND SECURITY, TO MY NEW EMPIRE

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 9

File: DRM.jpg (377KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
DRM.jpg
377KB, 1024x768px
I HAVE BROUGHT PEACE, AND SECURITY, TO MY NEW EMPIRE
>>
File: denuvo.png (187KB, 1682x1357px) Image search: [Google]
denuvo.png
187KB, 1682x1357px
>>
Anakin: Denuvo
Padme: Paying customers
Obi-Wan: Pirates
The republic - now turned empire: PC gaming.
Palpatine: greedy publishers

Search your feelings, you know it to be true!
>>
>>323236936

YOU'RE NU EM PIE YAH?
>>
>>323237385

Anakin: Pirates
Padme: Publishers/developers income potential
Obi-Wan: Denuvo
The republic - now turned empire: PC gaming.
Palpatine: Pirates who think they're allowed free shit without paying because mumble mumble Ron Paul Bernie Sanders.
>>
>pirates think that they're on the good side
>>
>>323238432

bruh bruh im gonna buy it i swear, just want to try it before make sure im not getting screwed yanno

im the good guy, consumer rights or something. remember video game demos? #2000skidsthings
>>
>>323237385
Who's Jar Jar?
>>
>>323238716

Gamers
>>
>>323238716
/v/.
>>
>>323236936
I hate sand...
>>
>>323238432
Piracy is the last line of defence for both gaming quality and customer rights. Without pirates, developers aren't forced to create good games.

Why do you think console games are so shitty?
>>
Anakin should be Steam
>>
File: kermit.jpg (41KB, 195x195px) Image search: [Google]
kermit.jpg
41KB, 195x195px
>mfw all the games that used denuvo still had completely typical sales

If what the publishers claimed was true - that they lose 90% of their sales due to piracy - then shouldn't these games have had much higher sales than otherwise expected? Why did FIFA sell the same as it does every year?

Publishers basically BTFO themselves. There's no longer any plausible deniability
>>
>>323236936
>>323237267
So, when games instead get cracked within a week, does Denuvo have to give back the money?
>>
>>323238716
Barneyfag.
>>
>>323239315
Pirates were never going to buy the game anyways, so why should what they think matter?
>>
ANAKIN DRM IS EVIL
>>
>>323239597
On the other hand It gives them actual, real sales figures. This time you're certain that people aren't enjoying your product for free.
>>
just fuck my performance up
>>
>>323237385
>Denuvo thinks its hot shit
>Pirates fuck its shit up when they get the highground
>>
>>323237860
>sharing certain combinations of ones and zeros on the internet is ethically wrong
>>
File: 1424091644285.jpg (57KB, 820x481px) Image search: [Google]
1424091644285.jpg
57KB, 820x481px
Hate to say it,,
but if I can't pirate it, I'd rather watch some shitty jewtube walktrough video rather than buying it.
>>
File: 1452132492396.jpg (72KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1452132492396.jpg
72KB, 500x500px
>>323241704
This.

Anyone with an actual brain won't blindly waste 60 bucks on a game they might not even like without trying them out for free first. The industry fucked up way too many good titles in the past decade to be worth your money anymore.

Besides, piracy only really hurts shitty publishers, such as EA and Ubisoft, not actual based developers. Developers are already fully paid before the game they made is launched.
>>
>>323242056
>>323241704
Excuses, excuses.
You just want to play for free. Stop pretending you aren't stealing the developer's work.
>>
File: 1033.png (55KB, 640x510px) Image search: [Google]
1033.png
55KB, 640x510px
>>323243075
I just bought Sky Rogue after pirating and playing it for a while. Did the same thing with Skullgirls, Risk of Rain, Sniper Elite V2, Just Cause 2, Garry's Mod and Killing Floor. Gonna do the same thing with Distance soon. Dodged many bullets by pirating as well.

Suck my dick, you dumbass money wasting consumer.
>>
How did he become so edgy?
>>
>>323243483
By paying $2 for every game. What a great customer you are!
If you're saying the truth, of course.
>>
File: 1339508044163.jpg (72KB, 251x251px) Image search: [Google]
1339508044163.jpg
72KB, 251x251px
>>323243483
Dude.. Distance is so sick, no ragrets buying it on Steam sale. Just got my 1440p 144Hz monitor and It's beautiful.
>>
File: 1402844828979.jpg (9KB, 292x246px) Image search: [Google]
1402844828979.jpg
9KB, 292x246px
>ANAKIN, DENUVO IS EVIL
>>
>>323243972
I bought my games on sales, like any intelligent human being would do.

Keep crying though. I spend my money the smart way.

>>323243981
The devs started updating again, which makes me want it even more knowing that they didn't abandon it.
>>
>>323243972
Fuck off jew if your game is worth 60$ then I will buy it for 60$ regardless if the game is shit then I'll wait for it to become dirtcheap
>>
>>323244410
And that's why developers moved to consoles or more profitable ventures.
Why would you waste your time developing a game if you aren't going to even break even? what's the point if every customer isn't willing to pay not even a fourth of the actual price?
>>
>>323244656
If your game is good, you will get good publicity from piracy and, consequently, great sales.

Look up the sales on the newest Witcher, Transformers Devastation, or even fucking Undertale. All of those games were easily piretable and they racked up loads of money for being great games, regardless of piracy.

Nearly every single pirate who distributed pirated copies of games makes a point to tell whoever downloads pirated games to BUY them if they like it.

Remember game demos? They had that exact function: To show customers how good your game is, so they could spread the word and recommend it to more people, to generate publicity.

Publishers got rid of that, you know why? Because they starting to realize they could treat videogames like consumable products and just shit half-assed games out for profit, but people couldn't know their games were getting worse until AFTER spending their money on them, so they stopped making demos.

Guess when the lack of demos started to become the norm? When EA began to grow larger.

Publishers like EA and Ubisoft are fucking billionaires today, piracy isn't going to fucking hurt them, smart costumers will.

By the way, read what I said about developers getting paid here >>323242056.
>>
>>323236936
Holy shit. It just dawned on me.

Sony is using Denuvo to coax many PC gamers over to the PS4. The PS4 has been recently exploited, and piracy will be on the way in the medium future. By timing this exactly with Denuvo coming to it's mature, very hard to crack state, many PC gamers which are chronic pirates, will opt for a PS4 instead to sate their pirating lifestyle.

It's fucking ingenious. Sony are absolutely mad bastards.
>>
What's the next Denuvo game coming out? I want to laugh when it sells like shit even though Denuvo promised the poor devs that they would get 40% more profits than normal. I think the only Denuvo game that sold well was MGSV. I didn't have any issue with that game either but most other Denuvo games have huge issues.
>>
Do developers really believe that all the people who pirate their game would buy it if they couldn't pirate it? Are they really this deluded?

Piracy is an issue with service. Service should be expanded, support more encouraged and more paying methods integrated. Stopping piracy does help in some way for people who are curious about the game, but I think it's far more important to expand the service for all customers.

For example I live in a third world country where paying 60 dollars is an economical strain way bigger than for a first worlder. There are a lot of games I'd be happy to support with my money but I just can't afford them.

Not only that, but the methods of paying are also designed for elite countries as well. In a lot of countries paying through internet with a credit card (and in dollars) is still not so common even more so with underaged or unindependent gamers that have to convince their parents. More paying options should be available.

That's why Blizzard is really the best videogame company in terms of customer service. They have custom prices depending on the country, so in countries with smaller economies their games and subscriptions are a lot cheaper, and they offer not only payment in local coin, but also through local cash mediums. So no. Killing piracy won't give you bac that 40%. It may give you few hundred sales back but it won't convice people that , for example just wanted something to waste their time in or try.

Expanding your service will
>>
>>323245764
You can't prove that those games sold that well thanks to piracy.
If those three games used Denuvo they would sell exactly the same.
>>
>>323246578
Rise of the Tomb Raider.
>>
>>323246667
Well that'll sell like shit mostly because it wasn't released on PC when the hype was fresh. The game is mostly dead and nobody wants it, let alone with Denuvo.
>>
>>323246169
But they'll be pirating on console sold at cost
>>
>>323239125
>>323239170
>>323239870
Fuck you.
>>
>>323246656
>You can't prove your claim
>I'm now going to make a claim I can't prove, either

k
>>
>>323245764
>Publishers got rid of that, you know why?

I believe I read the reason publishers got rid of demos because it reduced the effectiveness of marketing. It's harder to have impulse buyers if they can wear off the hype trying out the demo a month before release.
>>
>>323246656
Remember lords of the fallen? Me neither.
Remember Just Cause 3? Me neither.
Remember spending 60$ for that unfinished pile of shit that was MGSV? Me neither.
I bet you don't remember that MGO died on arrival and still didn't come to PC, in January 2016, when it was promised to arrive.
>>
>>323247396
>Remember spending 60$ for that unfinished pile of shit that was MGSV? Me neither.
I do and I got a lot of fun out of the game and it was worth it.

>I bet you don't remember that MGO died on arrival and still didn't come to PC, in January 2016, when it was promised to arrive.
Well it's still January 2016. I think delaying it was pretty shitty and now the dev team is mostly gone I think. I do wonder if it will still come to PC but I'm not really that upset about it since it apparently sucks and I already know it won't be as good as MGO2.
>>
>>323236936
>>323237267

>literally shilling for Denovo

Did you click on /v/ instead of /g/ or something? I know you marketers have a hard time with demographics and all, just trying to help out.
>>
>>323247385
There's also the occasional problem where a bad demo, can make an otherwise good or decent game look bad.
>>
what makes denuvo work anyway?
>>
>>323247120
False. PS4 has been sold for profit since day one.
>>
>>323248482
Some sort of advanced real-time encryption that uses CPUID checks or something. I've done a bit of searching in an attempt to find a good detailed explanation from someone who's knowledgeable on the topic but I can't find anything.
>>
File: 1452034648022.png (202KB, 354x374px) Image search: [Google]
1452034648022.png
202KB, 354x374px
These threads fucking kill me every time
>>
>>323248748
This may be wildly off, but I've heard that it uses a "fake", virtual assembly language (created on an ad-hoc basis per game) that's used to obfuscate the game's real assembly. The crackers essentially need to learn an entire new assembly to crack the real assembly.

Again, might be completely wrong.
>>
>>323247707
>I do and I got a lot of fun out of the game and it was worth it.

Not the same anon but holy shit if I knew what I was getting into with MGSV I would of never bought it, and I love the MGS series.
>>
>See game that I'm mildly interested in
>No Demo
>Uses Denuvo
>Wait til' sale
>50% off
>no thanks.png
>wait
>50% off
Honestly, I don't buy a game unless I know I'm really going to enjoy it or it wows me straight out. The AAA games using this technology really don't have this. The DRM and lack of demos is what's killing the industry.

Just release a 4GB fucking demo. It worked back in the console days.
>>
>>323238432
Economically it is objectively good. Not that economics is much more than a pseudo-science.

Piracy in most cases is a pareto improvement. If you weren't going to get the game anyway then one party is better off while no one was hurt by the allocation. Thus piracy is actually CREATING wealth by the, admittedly questionable, standard of the marginal theory of value.
>>
Have any games with Denuvo actually been worth playing lmao
>>
>>323251939
If you don't consider MGSV worth playing then no.
>>
>>323239979

Do you just not know how to pirate, are you this mad?

I pirate most of my games before purchase, my steam library is well over 200 games.
>>
>>323252189
Wasn't MGSV cracked?
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.