[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Games you've only ever seen one image of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6

File: axiom verge.png (49KB, 480x272px) Image search: [Google]
axiom verge.png
49KB, 480x272px
Pic related, it's so easy to spot shills because they always use the same image
>>
I posted about this game once and purposely chose a different image because that one was overused a lot.
>>
>>323231763
This is a useless thread. Shills do not exist. There are plenty of fanboys trying to make their game popular on this board. Nobody cares about marketing to a bunch of neckbeard virgins unless there's an e-market.
>>
>>323231763
So, you're a shill then?
>>
>>323231763

Axiom Verge is so overpriced.
>>
File: World-of-Goo.jpg (184KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
World-of-Goo.jpg
184KB, 1280x800px
This is actually a good idea for a thread. So many games use the same 1 or 2 images everywhere.
>>
File: undertale.jpg (275KB, 1536x1152px) Image search: [Google]
undertale.jpg
275KB, 1536x1152px
>>
>>323231763
>>323233428
>What is google?
Like who the fuck would shill World of Goo? It's not likely somebody would keep a collection of screenshots of it.
>>
>>323232994
>Shills do not exist.
>>
File: ori.jpg (274KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ori.jpg
274KB, 1920x1080px
>>323231763
i've still never seen any gameplay of this one
>>
Marketers are real but they promote AAA games, not indie shit. Indie shit doesn't have the budget to afford marketing. It's remarkably expensive.

Believe it or not, /v/ is a high traffic site and people will want to talk about games that they thought were good, or even games they thought were bad. Undertale is a great example of this, as is Minecraft
>>
>>323234203

Indie fags shill the games themselves.
>>
File: 2015-11-26_00001.jpg (216KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-26_00001.jpg
216KB, 1920x1080px
>>323234058
It's alright
>>
>>323233428
I remember a few years ago this game was in the top 10 of metacritic.
>>
>>323234295
I've seen Axiom Verge mentioned probably 3 times, ever, over the course of the last year and never in its own thread

Just because someone makes a thread about something doesn't mean they're automatically a shill
>>
it's the first fucking image that comes up when you google Axiom Verge
>>
>>323233608
> Like who the fuck would shill World of Goo? It's not likely somebody would keep a collection of screenshots of it.

The thread isn't about shilling per se, faggot. It's about games that feature one image or screenshot over all others.
>>
>>323234058

Man, I really got the wrong impression about this game the first time I heard about it. When it was first revealed, all I had to go on was that picture and bits of the intro, so I thought it was going to be some sort of indie teamwork game where you play as either both Ori and the big friend, switching between them, or just as one helping the other out. I didn't think it was my kind of game.

Boy was I wrong.
>>
I really liked Axiom. Probably one of the top three games I played last year. Why does it seem like /v/ hates this game? It was a pretty great mish mash of metroid and contra. Had a decent art/music design to back it up.
>>
>>323232994
There are shills on here, just not to the extent people think there are, and they don't stick around that long.
>>
>>323236543
In general the game is not tightly designed.

It feels like (and without doubt is) a pet-project made of love and the spur of the moment. Ideas presented at the start of the game get dropped quite suddenly, like having to use found weapons to unlock new places. Speaking of weapons the game as way to many of them, it has even more weapons than quickbuttons viable. It would have been much better if it had few weapons but all of them useful.
That way, maybe the bosses wouldn't have been so poorly designed.
>>
>>323234058
I usually see the one by the lake
>>
File: MgVw4.png (209KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
MgVw4.png
209KB, 500x281px
>>323232994
>Shills do not exist
>>
>>323236543
>>323237964
I recently played through it. I had a lot of problems with it like the second anon pointed out here, but my biggest problem with it overall compared to other metroidvanias even just shit like Cave Story is that it really punishes you for early exploration, up until about 75 percent of the game you really cant backtrack or explore anything until you have the majority of the items and the world feels extremely small. The whole point of a Metroidvania is world exploration for me so I really just felt the game was overall a let down even though it had a nice artstyle and some good ideas here and there.
>>
>>323234058
>>323234382
Good art department, boring as fuck game.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.