[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are the Dark Souls of their respective Genre? Currently

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: Alpha.jpg (23KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Alpha.jpg
23KB, 480x360px
What are the Dark Souls of their respective Genre?
Currently playing the Dark Souls of metroidvania according to the steam review comments.
>>
every indie game is the dark souls of its genre

also the genre of every indie game is "roguelike"
>>
>>323219821

naw, many are "Metroidvanias"
>>
>>323219937

This one, from what I can tell, is a legit metroidvania.

Backtracking, possible sequence breaking, zoomers and such.

I see your point though, a lot of games are considered metroidvania that really aren't, such as Outland.
>>
>>323220182
>zoomers

those spiky dudes? Wasn't aware that was a criteria for the genre
>>
>>323220880

Every game trying to be metroid is going to have a spiky crawly thing as a beginning enemy.
>>
>>323221085
Is this where Axiom Verge went wrong?
>>
>>323221481

Never played it, but probably.
>>
How's the game, OP?
>>
>>323221793

So far it's like super metroid but you get the grapple beam really early and a lot of puzzles involve getting good with utilizing it with your double jump.

The graphics are typical indie tier inconsistent pixel count but when someone linked me the size of the fuck huge map over the winter sale I knew this game would be a cheaper and better alternative to Axiom Verge.

The games bosses are a lot more challenging compared to metroid games and they throw them at you often.
>>
Dark Souls is the dark souls of metroidvania, OP
>>
>>323222884

Dark Souls is hardly a metroidvania, you're not gaining any abilities that help you traverse new territory.
>>
>>323222354

I should also add, the music is pretty bad, I've been mostly disappointed with it so far.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.