[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do we fix gaming culture? MOBA games and esports have completely

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 1381037241979.png (570KB, 850x474px) Image search: [Google]
1381037241979.png
570KB, 850x474px
How do we fix gaming culture? MOBA games and esports have completely destroyed any genuine enjoyment that could have been extracted from this once thriving industry. Now any neckbeard or hobbit girl can venture out from their basement and meet likeminded people at their toxic "conventions" so they can make money off of streaming their shitty speedruns and make disgusting meme jokes that would leave them humiliated if they were to do it anywhere else on this planet. Anyone who takes part in these activities are complicit in a literal crime against humanity. It's like Bolshevism, it spreads and it can't be strangled in its crib. Is genocide the answer?
>>
>How do we fix gaming culture?

We stop pretending there's a culture.
>>
Dota2 is the best thing to happen to video games and if you are unable to get enjoyment from it - you are unqualified to speak about video games.
>>
File: 1439489203135.png (199KB, 413x374px) Image search: [Google]
1439489203135.png
199KB, 413x374px
>>323214730

Oh it's too late for that my friend, far too late.
>>
Nobody who actually likes games cares about gamer "culture"

It's like weed "culture". It's nothing but a fucking marketplace for companies to shill you "gamer" oriented products
>>
I think the only thing that needs to be fixed are people who take this shit way too seriously, like yourself OP.

Seek help.
>>
>>323215174

Okay, what is 'gaming culture', then?
>>
>>323214264
>people enjoying games the wrong way have stopped me from enjoying games

Summarized your post, OP.
>>
> How do we fix gaming culture?

How does gaming no longer being a niche hobby impact your enjoyment of it? Why does how other people enjoy games matter so much to you?
>>
>>323215351

I think I see what you mean, but, doesn't the fact that LoL/Dota2 are filling stadiums during tournaments prove you wrong? You could also say that the popularity of e-celebs on youtube/twitch is only proving that people DO care, enough so to spend their leisure time watching streams and letsplays etc.
>>
>>323215351
>Nobody who actually likes games cares about gamer "culture"

You have the wrong definition of gamer culture, then. Gamers had fucking culture, and they weren't the people buying fatality branded motherboards.
>>
>>323216513

You don't know what culture is, you filthy swine.
>>
>>323214730
>>323215351
>>323215510
>>323215539
Apparently getting angry and denying that there is a gamer culture is part of gamer culture. Very interesting
>>
>>323216724
The only one getting angry here is you, my son. You are literally calling for genocide because somebody enjoys something you don't.

Seek help.
>>
>>323215539

Great question youngling. Due to the ever increasing popularity of video games they have had an effect on popular culture itself. If you identify as a "gamer" you are apart of the gaming culture. The rise in popularity in video games goes hand in hand with the internet, which gave birth to online multiplayer, which in turn has added growth to the social networks that gamers dwell in.

JUST BY POSTING ON /V/ YOU ARE APART OF THE GAMING CULTURE.
>>
>>323216968

So if I talk about a movie I liked I'm a part of movie culture. Right, got it.

Idiot. Videogames/movies/books are the PRODUCT OF A FUCKING CULTURE!
>>
>>323217436

Each of them have their own sub cultures. Each of which stem from different sub cultures.

The product promotes the culture. Which in turn promotes more products. I don't get what you're trying to point out, you're just agreeing with me.
>>
>>323216724
I just play video games and sometimes discuss them with others, specially here since I don't have to jump through sign up shit and climb the social ladder to have anyone read my latest thread.

Couldn't care less about anything about the rest, I don't like Pewdiepie so I just won't watch him. Instead you autists need to stalk everything you hate and care more about that than enjoying what you like.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.