[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Half Life writer leaves Valve

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: half-life-3.jpg (31KB, 638x359px) Image search: [Google]
half-life-3.jpg
31KB, 638x359px
>Regarding Half-Life, March has no insight on what Valve is planning to do with the franchise. He of course reiterates that the series is wholly owned by Valve.
http://www.gameranx.com/updates/id/32513/article/half-life-writer-retires-from-valve-does-not-know-franchise-s-future/
>>
Nobody cares about Half-Life any more, not even me and I fucking loved it. It's dead, Jim.
>>
>>323206871
Why would you say that? I still care a lot for it, and this news deeply saddens me.
>>
why would they never make a sequel after ending episode 2 on a cliffhanger
>>
Didn't the guy who designed City 17 leave too a while back?
>>
>>323207152
They saw how fans reacted to Mass Effect 3 ending and knew its better to leave it unfinished
>>
>>323207253
I think he works at Arkane now
>>
>>323206614
Valve tends to do a press release when someone leaves their company. How do we know those images were not doctored?
>>
>>323207152
Because Steam makes wayyyyyy more money than actually making video games, and if they fuck it up and it isn't received properly it could hurt their whole company.
>>
>>323207449
That's not why people were mad about ME3.
>>
>>323207449

They should have never seen Mass Effect's ending before they finished the game in the first place.
>>
Ah, he retired, that's a bit different to straight up leaving.
>>
>important half-life designers leave valve
>They are now free to make their own half-life clone
i.e Mighty No 9 made by someone from capcom
>>
Modern Valve probably knows it can never do HL3 justice, with all the hype and fervor that would surround the title if it was announced now.
>>
>>323207000
Not that poster, but the issue is people have been hyping return of half life for over a decade or some shit. Some people got sick of being dangled on a stick and let it go.
>>
>>323207586
Dark Messiah 2 confirmed?
>>
>>323207152
Why would they still make games? They don't have to do anything and get money for every sale made on Steam. Why would they go through the effort of making a game themselves?
>>
>>323207449
Episode Two was released before Mass Effect 1
>>
>>323207449
sorta this

people at valve have seen the backlash to endings and the overall hype for EP3 has consistently been fucking massive
gaben has said that he isn't interested in even thinking about 3 while people are still excited for it for fear of fucking things up
our last hope is that it comes out as a 2nd gen VR exclusive or something
>>
He's just keeping mum. He might not work there, but he can still get sued to oblivion for spreading info on upcoming releases.
HL3 CONFIRMED
>>
File: came here to laugh.jpg (15KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
came here to laugh.jpg
15KB, 500x375px
>HL3 never ever
>>
>>323208320
>Modern Valve probably knows it can never do HL3 justice, with all the hype and fervor that would surround the title if it was announced now.
>Thinking today's kiddies even know what Half-Life is
I guarentee you that most casuals have no clue what HL even is.
>>
>>323206614
Who actually thinks valve gives a shit anymore?
They're a lost cause now.
>>
File: image.jpg (12KB, 552x137px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
12KB, 552x137px
You know what? I don't fucking care anymore. Obviously they don't, so why should.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.