[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have Fallout 3, but didn't get far into it because I was

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (327KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
327KB, 1366x768px
I have Fallout 3, but didn't get far into it because I was finishing college and working full time when I got it. Should I go back and restart it, or get Fallout 4?
I know they're standalone, I'm just wondering if 4 is vastly better than 3 and I shouldn't bother.
>>
>>323204894
I was very disappointed in 4, I think that it's a very shallow rpg, I would wait for the price to go down, or maybe just get New Vegas. Imo New Vegas is better than 3 or 4.
>>
>>323205152
Ok, thanks. You're not the first person I've seen saying that it's a bit light on the RPG aspects.
>>
>>323204894
if you play 4 first you wont be able to go back to 3 cause the game play is awful its a better rpg but a horrible shooter

at least in 4 the controls feel ok
>>
>>323206013
I thought that might be the case, which is why I'm leaning toward 3 and NV first. Does 4 get ride of VATS in favor of a more FPS style game?
>>
>>323205152
HATE NEWSPAPERS
>>
>>323206419
VATS is still in but it hugely slows down time instead of fully pausing it
>>
>>323206419
in 3 you were basically required to use vats cause the shooting was horrible there were no ironsights just a shitty zoom in
the guns didnt even shoot where you were pointing

nv added iron sights

4 feels like an old version of cod its not the best shooter compared to modern games but its acceptable enough
you can ignore vats completely if you feel like it
>>
>>323205356
Fallout 4 is a good game and people on /v/ who primarily did the main quest or haven't played the game at all are completely missing out on the soul of the game.
And that is its creative and many many sidequests to occupy you. Seriously, any time you feel bored of the game you just walk in a random direction and will still find something interesting and cool to keep you occupied.
Don't listen to the New Vegas faggots. The setting of New Vegas was so attrocious and unfitting that it completely outweighed all the positive aspects the game had. Which were only few to begin with.
>muh weapon mods
>muh many boring factions to choose from

You can play 4 right now, just know that you won't be able to return to 3 afterwards because 3 feels so horribly outdated then. Although it is a good game.
>>
>>323204894
FO4 > NV > 3
>>
>>323206807
>in 3 you were basically required to use vats cause the shooting was horrible there were no ironsights just a shitty zoom in
>the guns didnt even shoot where you were pointing

Sorry, but you must be mentally handicapped if you couldn't play Fallout 3 without VATS.
You are trying way too hard to make that petty issue a valid argument, because you could shoot and hit just fine. It just felt shitty.
>>
OP here. Thanks for all of the opinions and responses. From what I played of 3 I really disliked VATS. I know it paused things and made it more of an RPG for combat, but it took me out of the game and being immersed in the setting.
I do like the sound of side quests and exploring being the heart of the game. Winter had me a bit down right now and I feel like wandering around in another world right now just seeing what I find.
>>
>>323207478
>many sidequests
yes
>creative
no

Almost every sidequest in the game is you killing everything somewhere
>>
File: 1440635072408.jpg (95KB, 719x538px) Image search: [Google]
1440635072408.jpg
95KB, 719x538px
>>323207642

Fallout 4 is shit.
>>
>>323208306
He just left off part of the chart, I'll fix it

a pile of actual shit > FO4 > NV > 3
>>
>>323208242
>Almost every sidequest in the game is you killing everything somewhere

u srs bro? because it is a shooter, not vegan simulator 2016
>>
>>323208568
HA! Maybe I should decide on a different series before I waste my time!
>>
>>323209045
That was obvious, but some people only learn from experiencing shit first hand.
I can't stand in the way of learning.
>>
>>323207905
yeah im probably exaggerating a bit havent toughted 3 in years
its more like in 4 you have precision you aim the head and you get a headshot

in 3 you aim at the head you hit the raider in the foot or miss
>>
>>323208965
>its a shooter

Quality bait my friend.
>>
>>323204894
Play 3. It's good. Get New Vegas. It's better. Watch someone else play 4. It's not worth the money.
>>
>>323210967
Thanks
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.