[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So this came with my PS4 and uh... These games are really fucking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

So this came with my PS4 and uh...

These games are really fucking good.

They're fun, they're written in a way that its not horrible and boring. The gunplay is nice. The graphics are gorgeous and I like seeing 60 fps games.

What is the problem with this series and WHY does /v/ shit on it so much?
>>
>>323190419
>They're fun
This
>>
>>323190419
the problem is that they're fun and people like them. this triggers the kneejerk reaction of "IT SUCKS PLEB SHIT CASUAL FAGS" from the insecure neckbeard contrarians of /v/
>>
>>323190419
Kind of standard third person shooter that's incredibly linear and relies on set piece stuff. I'm sure they're ok but people overhype them like crazy.
>>
>>323190419
I take it you didn't play the third one yet?

Good keep it that way.
>>
>>323191069

I am kind of viewing them as "AAA gaming done right". It's AAA gaming at its core, but its done really well. Shallow? Maybe a little, but its a fun little ride, nice replay value(and unlockable costumes, i cant believe im hyped on that)
>>
>>323190419
It's simple that's why. There'really isn't any depth to the games in any way. That said they are really fun anyway.

TL;DR Who cares what pops up on /v/.
>>
>>323191069
this, they're okay. They mostly get by on their graphics
>These games are really fucking good.
you have low standards
>>
They are exactly what they needed to be and do it well. It is also an exclusive so people shit all over it even though they never played it. If it got ported over, there would be tons of people playing them and saying how good they are.
>>
>>323191109
Oh come off it. the third one wasn't that bad. It was worse than 2 and overly derivative, but it was still pretty fun.
>>
>>323190419
>the gunplay is nice
This is wrong
>>
It really is a fantastic series, although the third entry was pretty disappointing. Looking forward to 4.
>>
>>323191349
IF it wasn't I don't think anyone would be able to finish the game. Gunplay was good.
>>
>>323190419
3 and supposedly that vita game, are the only ones that are kinda bad.

1 and 2 are pretty great, even if they're really linear.
>>
>>323190419
I played 2 and 3 on PS3, never 1. I found Uncharted 2 to get boring about halfway through in the sections where you had to basically leap on walls for 10 minutes to get to the next area. Uncharted 3 seemed to fix some of that, although there is the part where you wander through the desert for 20 minutes. The gunplay was fun, the storyline is a ripoff of Indiana Jones.
>>
I never played the third one because my old first gen PS3 got hit by lightning. I have the collection now and can't see why everyone hates the third one. It's not super great, but then again I'm only like 1/3 of the way through.
>>
This sub hates cinematic games.
>>
>>323191623
>Sub

HELLO REDDIT!
>>
>>323191547

Wait til you get to Syria. That section drags on for what feels like half the game and it's one of the least enjoyable areas in any of the games. U3 isn't bad, it's just really weak compared to 1 and 2.
>>
What the fuck is up with this millennial mindset that "linear = bad". Are people so hipster now to the point where they don't want a game telling them what to do? The fuck is up with this generation of people?
>>
File: huehue whaduhfuk.jpg (2KB, 121x124px) Image search: [Google]
huehue whaduhfuk.jpg
2KB, 121x124px
>>323191623
>sub
>>
>>323191450
People will readily ignore an aspect of a game to make it look better. The guns sounded weak and all the enemies were bullet sponges.
>>
>>323190419
>uh...

hello reddit! i see this is your first day on /V/. regardless, ignorance of our culture is not an excuse. just a friendly reminder that "fun" is not an adequate defense of a game - fun is a meme. memes need to stay on reddit. thanks and have a good day.
>>
File: 1424490698655.jpg (208KB, 963x539px) Image search: [Google]
1424490698655.jpg
208KB, 963x539px
I love these games, but I wish they'd teach new players how to actually play better.
I've had to teach a few friends how to play after they complained about the guns. Turns out every time they tried to play it like some realistic military game or something hiding behind cover at all times trying to poo headshots.
Just fucking yolo and play this shit like an action movie and try to do the coolest shit and it'll work. Shooting from the hip while running is really effective in these games.
>>
>>323191069
They're maybe the first AAA game to pull off set pieces right. There's a level of love and care and ridiculousness put into them that makes them unique from other titles/makes the linear stuff acceptable.

The overhype does hurt them, though. I have a lot of normie friends who think they're the best games ever made solely because they're nice to look at.

If we treat Uncharted at face value and judge it in isolation, then we can accept what they do right and wrong. Uncharted 1 is a grind with the waves of enemies that come at you and the water parts are miserable. Uncharted 2 is solid gameplay-wise but thematically suffers because we see that Drake is a bit of a sociopath, killing whole armies of goons without remorse, and it makes us wonder if he's any better than the villain (whose final boss fight is miserably designed). Uncharted 3's story is laughably bad, the final boss is a QTE, and the introduction of stealth only highlights how much of the game is on-rails and completed already for you by the developer.
>>
>>323191547
Because Uncharted 3 is railroaded even for an Uncharted game. For example, there's a moment on the cruise ship where if you try to stealth it, you'll automatically get caught because the setpiece demands that a guard shoots out a window to cause the ship to sink

The story is also a mess because they picked out setpieces then wrote a story around it unlike the last two, where they crafted setpieces out of a predefined story. Uncharted 3 jumps around to different locations for no reason and you have Talbot acting like a pussy even though he has no reason to be afraid of Drake just so they could have that chase sequence
>>
>>323192174
Exactly, Uncharted 3 isn't character-driven. Everything feels forced. A huge focus on the story is Drake's obsession with treasure hunting and the script basically funnels him into a character he's not. The hallucinogenic dream sequences attempting to deconstruct his character were also cringe-worthy bad in terms of writing and depth.
>>
>>323192105
God yes, your fists kills in one hit if the enemies are already damaged. You can take out an entire wave just by running in alternating firing and swinging.
>>
>>323192450
Its kinda weird how they never teach you about that mechanic. Its one ofyour best and most fun to use tools and they never bother to explain it. I didnt even figure out how goodrun and gunning was until the slippery naked guys in the Uboat facility in Onecharted. In the third game they added an new feature that I love, when you do a melee takedown with no ammo, you take their gun as part of the animation an auto equip it maintaining that momentum instead of having to try and pick that shit up.
But again, the game never actually explains that mechanic so a lot of players dont even know it exists.
>>
>>323192394
>A huge focus on the story is Drake's obsession with treasure hunting and the script basically funnels him into a character he's not.

God this. He says multiple times in the first 2 that it's time to go home and quit, because he's not about finding the treasure or being the hero at the expense of his and his friends lives, then 3 pulls a 180.

The dialogue from that cg trailer for 4 has me hyped because it's basically saying that he's not all about the treasure, so the story might be better.
>>
>>323193024
It's just a mid-life crisis, anon. It doesn't have to make sense.
>>
It's a fine series. They're nothing special though.
>>
I just got the collection too. I wouldn't say they're "really fucking good" but they're decent.

They're nice and lighthearted with surprisingly funny and well written dialogue and the gameplay is decent enough even if its a borderline railshooter.

It's not something I'd replay ever again though. Just a once-through experience.
>>
File: 1451378968202.gif (2MB, 340x340px) Image search: [Google]
1451378968202.gif
2MB, 340x340px
Played uncharted 2 cuz it came with my ps4 and found it OK. It's not bad by any means but I just don't understand the hype for this series?

The set pieces are fucking cool, shits blowing up and things are falling apart, I can't help but to smile. But everytime there's a shooting section, it's a drag. Enemies are bullet sponges and the gun play is pretty standard stuff. Puzzles are kinda lame too.

Drake is a cool cat and the story is cool. Hopefully Uncharted 3 is a lot better
>>
These games would be 50 times better if they had Max Payne style gunplay.
>>
>>323193024
Ehhh I'm not too sure. Henning is out so its being written by that Israeli guy who did TLoU so I feel like all of the humour is going to be sucked out of it, and they're trying to force a bunch of "diversity" just for the sake of.

Also the change in art style is really off putting since its uncanny valley shit.
>>
>>323190419
They're not on PC and therefore /v/ will never play them and call them movies.
>>
>>323193643

Uncharted 2 is the best of the series.
>>
>>323193960
Yeah I get that artsyle bit, Drake is looking like a weird mix of his past self and Nolan North, which is a little weird cause I thought ND didn't do facial capture.
>>
They're like third person Call of Duty campaigns. You just turn your brain off, mindlessly shoot bad guys and follow the checkpoints from scripted sequence to scripted sequence.

They're as casual as casual gets in terms of console gaming, but certainly fun little adventures.
>>
>>323194252
I didn't think so either but thinking about it, Joel from the Last of Us has the same chinky eyes and long nose as Troy Baker.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.