[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New Doom has Perks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: doom4.jpg (165KB, 1280x760px) Image search: [Google]
doom4.jpg
165KB, 1280x760px
>"Permanent character upgrades that allow you to swap weapons and mantle more quickly, increase ammo and health capacity

>Swappable perk "runes", ex. one gives you a stackable temp speed boost after melee kills"

>BFG and Chainsaw aren't on the weapon wheel since they're used in specific scenarios, Chainsaw is on D-Pad down and BFG is on X. Seems like they're treating the BFG as a panic button.
INTO THE TRASH IT GOES
>>
Ahhh a modern twist on an old classic. Brilliant!
>>
>>323184748
Also

>No Mod tools for PC ON A FUCKING DOOM GAME

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>323184204
INTO THE TRASH!
>>
Since Op is a Faggot:

http://www.xboxachievements.com/news/news-22964-New-DOOM-Details-and-Images-Raised-From-the-Bowels-of-Hell.html

Doesn't have the exact details since its paraphrased from game informer, but its something.
>>
File: oyvey.jpg (682KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
oyvey.jpg
682KB, 1680x1050px
this game makes grandpas so mad 4Head
>>
Backpack was a perk debate me
>>
How are you people getting hyped for this in the first place? HOW?!?
>>
They're for single player only. Who cares?
>>
>>323186957
The singleplayer is the best part of Doom.
>>
>>323184204
>painkiller
Okay.
>>
I like perks as long as they're good and I don't care who knows it
>>
>>323187106
>I like perks

Why?
>>
>>323184204
You would react the same to absolutely anything that isn't a 1:1 carry over from the original game so why should anyone take your opinion seriously?
>>
>>323187760

I like little rpg elements in my games.
>>
>>323187931
You honestly believe a dedicated BFG button and fucking perks are a good thing in a DOOM game?

Fuck off
>>
>>323187931
The problem is that now the game is a 1:1 copy of the generic template for modern console FPS.
>>
>>323188075
>a dedicated BFG button
>>
File: 1447107749476.jpg (66KB, 528x384px) Image search: [Google]
1447107749476.jpg
66KB, 528x384px
I want this game to be good so badly but all the news I hear are huge red flags. This is no different.
>>
>>323188075

you are literally getting mad about nothing.

just because the word "perk" is used.

There were people like you who got angry when grenades were given their own button in FPSs
>>
Obvious bait and shitposts aside did any of you honestly expect this to be good?
>>
>>323188061
Then go play a fucking RPG, dumbass. This is Doom.
>>
>>323184204
It'll be fun. NOT PERFECT, but FUN!!
>>
You know, it's kind of ironic - you'd think that even if you were going for the lowest common denominator, you'd actually simplify the game by *not* adding stuff like this, and just sticking to mindless, but fast-paced and fun, shooting. Which is ironically what the old-school fans want as well. Seems like a win-win, and yet they do stuff like this.
>>
>>323184204
I just want another oldschool FPS game with good maps where I can run around with all of my weapons at once and fight lots of bad guys that aren't total fucking bullet sponges.

Why is that so much to ask for?
>>
>>323194504
Normies only know CoD. Doesn't CoD have perks these days?
There.
>>
>>323192187
In fact there are already 2 Doom RPG games.
>>
>>323184204
That hellknight looks kind of like Costanza.
>>
>>323188780
and this is bad not only soidjfoi
but if it manages still to be a good game it will be forgotten pretty quick
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.