[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What can Microsoft do to save this generation for themselves?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 4

File: xbox-one-logo.jpg (32KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
xbox-one-logo.jpg
32KB, 1280x720px
What can Microsoft do to save this generation for themselves?
>>
>>323183376
Put their entire library on PC and enable cross-play between PCs and Xbones.
>>
Nothing. Just concentrate on BTFO-ing Sony next gen

>>323183530

Starting with this. Make every windows game compatible with the next Xbox console
>>
They already said they can't hope to catch up to PS4 numbers, so just use the lower sales expectations to make or fund riskier or niche games. We're already getting Raiden V, Scalebound, and Phantom Dust is confirmed back in production so all good in my book.
>>
>>323183376
I'd get an XBone if they could get Smilebit back together for more Panzer Dragoon. It'd be a sure thing if they were to make another Saga style RPG with open world flying and exploring.

But Panzer Dragoon is dead.
>>
>>323183376
Make or fund good games, preferrably new IPs
>>
>>323183376
They gave Win10 for free and it has Xbox integration. Instead of taking advantage of this, they let sonyniggers release their games for pc and win them as audience.
>>
For starters, they can actually start advertising their console and games more. I literally never seen an Xbox ad in over 6 months, yet I've seen plenty of PS4 and Wii U console and game commercials.
>>
>>323184526
Weren't they making a new Xbox one (slim version or something)? I think they're saving their pr budget for that.
>>
They're doing fine 2bh, making a far better profit than on the 360.
>>
>>323183376
>implying selling 18 million consoles with 40+ million active Gold subs is a bad situation.

They don't need saving this gen. Sony keyed into the normie word of mouth this gen, which gave them unusually successful console sales, but pretty shit attach rates.

They just need to keep making good 1st party games, porting and licensing indie titles, and not shit on 3rd party AAA. They've been hitting all of these marks.
>>
>>323184975
Vgchartz has them at 20M.
>>
>>323183376
Localise Rance and work with Alicesoft to have Rance X with incredible graphics on the Xbone
>>
>actually use the xbox windows app
>create a steam competitor
>fix interface so it isn't shit
>might as well buy EA Origin so you dont have to go through all the work of creating certain systems
>minimal drm while giving devs option to produce a link for buyers for a DRM free option
>fix xbox one -> pc streaming
>port emulation for 360/X to PC through xbox app for a sub fee (or XBox Gold)
>allow PC players to buy xbox gold to get discounts too
>X1 + PC owners running the app/windows 10 get an extra discount off purchases

hi im here to save xbox
>>
They're already merging win10 and Xbox, both are sharing games and content soon.

More risky exclusives are coming through, and Live continues to run with almost no downtime or major crashes.

They're on the right path right now, all they have to do is not fuck up.
>>
File: 1418327216320.png (42KB, 937x424px) Image search: [Google]
1418327216320.png
42KB, 937x424px
>>323183530
>>
This generation is done. They can beat Sony next gen by having really strong launch titles and free online play.
>>
>>323185604

Nope. Exclusives don't matter

This is what MS can do to win

1. Go balls to the walls with hardware
2. Let sony go first and charge less than their console

That's it you win.
>>
>>323183530

How does this save the xbox though?
>>
>>323184526

They pulled back their budget to refinance into games along with the closure of TVTVTV and The NFL deal got switched to Surface well back in 2014 (And considering Samsung just dumped google and are using W10 for their flagship tablets and manufactures are switching. That Surface shilling worked). Why waste money on advertising and DLC exclusives when they know it won't gain anything? They had the chance to get the Fallout 4 DLC exclusive and passed it, even.

>>323185896

Best place to play COD wins. More than likely they will make n "Upgradeable" console like the SurfaceBook or Razer Blade so the COD kiddies can buy whatever GPU they want.
>>
>>323186627
>Best place to play COD wins. More than likely they will make n "Upgradeable" console like the SurfaceBook or Razer Blade so the COD kiddies can buy whatever GPU they want.

Unlikely. Unless you want every poor kiddy crying IT'S NOT FAIR THEY HAVE AN ADVANTAGE OVER US IN ONLINE
>>
>>323186627
>Best place to play COD wins.

And the best place is where you get the most userbase so activision shills for you. Don't forget MS had titanfall until no one bought their console because the ps4 was cheaper AND slightly stronger

To get the most userbase you need a strong start and let the normies snowball thing from there

i.e distribute slightly more powerful hardware than the competition and charge less

Then you have the early adopters john, jose and tyrone telling all their friends to get the same system they have.

Then you have these guys playing [Insert console here] defense force online and in public for their manufacturer of choice for free shilling.
>>
>>323186627
>That Surface shilling worked

It did?
>>
>>323187372

OEM's are dropping Android en masse for tablets because Surface took a massive bite of market share out of iPad (Which is dropping like a rock) and Google's support has been mostly shit. Samsung just announced this week their flagship tablets will now be running Windows 10 instead of Android.

Jewgle and Apple still has the mobile market, don't get me wrong. But MS is winning back the tablet market by the virtue of not being as shit as the others (And running everything you need to run anyway. Businesses are buying Surface's over iPad's because it just werks)
>>
>>323188135
>OEM's are dropping Android en masse for tablets because Surface took a massive bite of market share out of iPad (Which is dropping like a rock)

How the fuck did they reverse the trend? Apple had a hard lock on that shit for too long

Funny to me since even though I don't buy tablets, I always say the surface as shitting on the ipad since the ipad is just a limited bigger screened iphones vs literal windows 10 with full functionality.
>>
>>323188862
always saw*

Oh never mind you explained how they reversed the trend. Good to know
>>
Why can't Xbox and Steam have a partnership?
>>
>>323189128

Xbox tried to kill the pc m8. They aren't the pc's friends. They want nothing more than pc users to all go xbox one as seen by the streaming shit. If the xbone was more successful than the ps4 they wouldn't give two shits about the pc.

Being honest here too.
>>
>>323188135
It's sad how hilariously bad Android tablets are.
>>
>>323189128
>Steam

It's like you guys want to make one company's hold on your platform even stronger instead of looking for alternatives. Valve is a pretty shitty company at this point and they're not doing PC any favors.
>>
>>323188135
That's going to be the slowest tablet ever if it runs windows 10. Just look how bad their phones are. Windows can't into arm processing
>>
>>323189128
Why won't Microsoft compete with Steam? If they could establish an Xbox store on Windows 10, have all the big PC titles with achievements, make new PC games instead of porting from the Xbone, they would be on fire.

Microsoft competing with Steam would be the best thing for PC gamers and Steam as well. Everyone wins.
>>
>>323183530
thats what they are doing

other than Crackdown 3, Scalebound, and Gears 4 all of the "exclusives" are getting PC ports with crossplay
>>
>>323189374

They're not shitty they're like any other business could be worse. Valve is neutral and wants to profit like sony and ms do. They're not as rich as sony or ms so it's understandable that they can't fund or buy games it's too risky and they gain nothing since they don't sell services or hardware. They don't charge for online either and hand out sales quite often.

But I agree with you everything shouldn't be locked to steam. MS should just open GFWL and put ALL their stuff there. Gog and origins are doing a decent enough job.
>>
>>323189836

Oh and this is better for MS since they will gain 100% profits from pc users and more cash as an inventive to do more stuff for pc. Meanwhile on steam they take 30% of their cut. It's far better for MS to do it on their own as long as they don't fuck up again. They could seriously pose as competition especially if they come out with something like the MCC which I know a lot of pc users want mostly for halo 3.
>>
>>323189798

MS is keeping their mostly good games to themselves. So no they aren't really pro pc gaming. I mean what are they giving? Halo wars 2 an rts which isn't a console seller but big kudos to them for funding it I enjoyed it on the 360 and am now on the pc. Fable legends is f2p, gow is just a remaster version and pc already had 1, recore is interesting I suppose but not much is known. But it's not like I expected more they need to move their xbones in the end.
>>
>>323189836
They're pretty fucking bad dude. At least if PSN totally disappeared and Sony went bankrupt, I could still just play my fucking games offline. As Steam's EULA stands, they decide what happens to your games, and they could potentially go full tyrant like Blizzard and Origin and lock you out of your games because you said something they don't like on the internet, or decide that a certain game is no longer sold on Steam and just revoke it from your library.

Refunds were a GREAT fucking move, but it seems like for every good thing they implement, they get a little shadier. I'm only a part-time PC player, so I'm glad I don't have too many eggs in that basket. Between their ever-changing EULA (can't play if you don't agree!), their attempts to destroy the modding community as we know it, and the overall stranglehold they have on the platform (they've become synonymous with PC gaming), I can't believe how much /v/ still sings their praises.

Maybe with the recent improvements in DRM, games may start seeing independent releases again (maybe the games can even come on a fucking disc with no install limit instead of a "license" and a download that's always online), and Steam will weaken a bit and have to stop being assholes.

Also according to /v/, PC is more profitable, bigger and better than the console market in every way. If that's true, then they have no excuse.
>>
>>323183948
>But Panzer Dragoon is dead.
damn shame, I loved Panzer Dragoon Saga
>>
>>323191965
I've never been able to play it because also the PD games are fucking expensive and I was unsuccessful in getting the Saturn emulator to work for reasons I still don't understand.
>>
>>323184843
a scaled down digital only (no discs) to compete with the Apple TV as I understood, it won't be as powerful as the xbone.
>>
File: 4sa1Ln6.jpg (47KB, 909x173px) Image search: [Google]
4sa1Ln6.jpg
47KB, 909x173px
>>323191083

Oh right I forgot their little paid mods push but in the end it failed thanks to the community. Yea valve is slightly in the negative but psn is even worse by charging for online of all things. If psn didn't have paid online I wouldn't have much of an argument. If valve gets that bad by charging for online then yes they are useless.

As for the online thing it's already been answered. Valve likely has a contract with publishers to let everyone keep their games if steam goes down.

There's also no install limit on the vast majority of games unless you were referring to starforce drm.
>>
>>323192076
Only reason I played it is because someone lent me his Saturn.
Maybe Sega will be nice someday and do a PC port or something.
>>
>>323183376
make xbox live free
make HD remasters for original xbox exclusives
make sequels for those same games
create new ips that isnt similar to gears or halo
make a slim version and make it way cheaper than the ps4

basically do what sony did when they fucked up with the ps3
>>
>>323192804
Official emulators for their past consoles would be a godsend. Especially if they were also released for PS4/XBone and you could just put the goddamned discs in. I'd even buy the ROMS from them since the discs are hard to come by.
>>
>>323195050
I wish that were the case. Sadly Sega is more interesting in making shitty sonic games that looking at their other IPs that have so much potential.
>>
File: 1442720348776.jpg (12KB, 240x196px) Image search: [Google]
1442720348776.jpg
12KB, 240x196px
>>323189836
>MS should just open GFWL
Do you expect me to forget what microsoft did to PC gaming?
>>
>>323191965
It's overrated though. The game's length barely scratches the 10h. Kinda lackluster for a RPG even from that time
>>
>>323196902
>Origins decent
>GFWL anything but HYPER CANCER
GoG is the savior though.

Also you're wrong it's not that these are just reasons that Valve wouldn't, these are the only reasons financially to fund a game, so of course they wouldn't.
>>
>>323196902

Nothing? If pc gaymers just paid that online fee like good lil boys, they would have been playing halo by now.
>>
I'd actually be totally happy to pay $5/month for online play if it meant fucking flawless servers, no goddamned hackers, and far fewer downtime periods for maintenance or fuckups.

I pay, yet there are still hackers in The Last of Us shitting up Factions, Destiny still has horrible lag issues, and the store often just goes down. If they want to charge for a paid service, there needs to be a service.

I only pay for it because I already had it for PS3 games and shit.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.