[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Software Pirates Worried About PC Games Becoming Too Hard to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 231
Thread images: 27

>Advancements to DRM measures could mean that there will be no more pirated games in two years, 3DM says.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/software-pirates-worried-about-pc-games-becoming-t/1100-6433613/

PIRATES ABOUT TO BE BTFO
>>
>>323180087
the only thing that can't be pirated is your mom's virginity

cuz i already took it
>>
OH SHIT M8
>>
czech my 8
>>
Kind of sucks for poorfags who don't have money to buy the shit in the first place, (ie: not really a lost purchase when they pirate) but this could be good for me since I buy everything. At the very least people can stop using piracy as an excuse to not develop for PC.
>>
Yeah, and Denovu said the same thing about Arkam Knight, and LOTF
>>
>>323180641
and MGS 5. don't forget about MGS 5
>>
>>323180087

I've never pirated games that weren't close to being abandonware by that point. I find it hard to sympathize with game piracy though those are huge files that took a hell of a lot more effort than just music.

When steam will let you play yesteryears game for $20 couldn't even a parents-basement beast do some fucking dishes for a new game?
>>
>crackers give up on PC and focus their efforts on consoles
>console piracy becomes rampant while PC is piracy free
>developers migrate en masse to PC
>all 3rd party titles are now PC EXCLUSIVE
>>
>>323180845
i pirated nfsu2 because where the fuck else are you supposed to get physical pc games that are out of circulation?
>>
no one cares good developers never had a problem with piracy

and good games never had drm
>>
People love a challenge, I imagine some people will make it their life goal to prove it wrong.
>>
>>323181009

A PS2 game? I think they're more worried about newer titles anon...
>>
>>323180958
probably wouldn't happen because the majority of console users are too stupid to pirate software, but I do like where you head is at
>>
>>323181009

Well anon, NFSU2 is not really their concern man that games gotta be over a decade old
>>
Sage goes in all fields
>>
File: 1452137737535.jpg (153KB, 1000x1016px) Image search: [Google]
1452137737535.jpg
153KB, 1000x1016px
>Can't pirate pc games
>Pirate console games instead and emulate on handhelds
Oh yeah, I'm crying
>>
Us pirates, right.

>no more pirated games in two years
GTA SA has over 1000 active seeders on a single tracker right now.
>>
>>323181239
I dunno
Everybody pirated everything up until ps4 and xbone
>>
>they finally eliminate piracy
>sales don't go up

What will their excuse be then?
>>
>>323180087
Piracy has always been a thing and is always going to be a thing.
The only people against piracy are ignorant people and jews.

Piracy is great because allow the access to culture and knowledge for free.
>>
>>323181319
>>323181203
i was simply replying to the part where that anon said he pirates abandonware. i pirated a physical release game that i couldnt find for sale. did i make it sound like i was really sticking it to the man or some shit? calm down spergs.
>>
>>323181557
honestly, what would be the reason to keep paying to develop drm unless it causes an increase in sales? maybe they just abandon drm lolno
>>
>oh shit pirating about to die
Now when did i hear this before.
>>
>>323181557
Games will actually get worse. because people will buy games without having the chance to try them.
>>
>>323180087
>implying they wont find a way to crack it again
>>
>>323180087
>wait to no more pirate games
>I release my game without protection
>since it's the only game with no protection it gets pirated by every single pirate on the internet
>get millions of fans worldwide that send me the monays directly to my website for making new games

This is my plan to become billionaire do not steel
>>
>>323181652
Yeah but then you get the faggots that dont end up supporting the game even if they like it. I use the cracked copies as a demo and then if I like the game I support it but thats not everyone.
>>
>>323181557
It is a matter of principle Anon
>>
>>323181557

There isn't one.

Piracy was the only thing allowing games to be good. It should have been embraced as a savior.

Now EVERYTHING will be Aliens: Colonial Marines.

THIS IS THE GAMING FUTURE YOU CHOSE.
>>
>>323182282
I really hope that bait
>>
>>323181898
It's called refunds
>>
>>323182282
bring back demos /fixed
>>
>>323181557
Nothing we all know the future is mobile gaming.
>>
>>323180087

>consolefags happy about this

Man you stupid children don't realize that if piracy is ever gone your precious used games will be the number one enemy, right?

The xbone already tried it - and even though its a piece of shit with no games you guys are still buying them in droves.

I give you 2 more console generations at most (10 years tops) before used games will be forced out of existence.
>>
>>323180087
More like Advancements into making no good vidya will kill pirating.
>>
>>323182531
good
used games are holding video games back
>>
>>323180087
This will legitimately save big budget gaming.
The only reason every game is a samey open world shooter with rpg elements is because of pirates.
Devs aren't allowed to take chances or explore new ideas because if they do, their already meager profit will be shat on thanks to the vast waves of thieves out there.
>>
>>323182194
Both are reasonable options.

I've pirating my whole life, but only recently I just pay for a game that I think is worth the money (when they have 80% of course)
>>
I'm sure this is a well researched and totally not biased article
>>
Piracy is why most PC games nowadays are either indie shit or half assed console ports.

Imagine a world where PC was the the primary platform for developers again.
>>
>>323182194
Look, I liked Order of the Stick, but it's a rental, not a purchase
>>
>>323182713

Complete publisher control will hold games back far more than anything does today.
When they force you to preorder and you can never get any worth out of the game if you don't like it - the BEST, sell a game, the shitter plays 1 minute, he is ready to buy the next one for the "maybe it'll be good".
>>
>>323182524
The future has been mobile gaming for nearly 20 years.
I think it's time people stop trying to push that bullshit narrative and start really assessing why consoles and handhelds and pcs are still around while 99% of all mobile games fail and the bubble is bursting as we speak.

My opinion is that it's flooded with crap and the mobile market place does not allow for the kind of deep gaming experiences that will stick around and lacks that one very very important element.
Local multiplayer.

But seeing as how ms and sony are so thirsty for that online subscription money that they go out of their way to remove local co-op in an attempt to force them online...
Well, things are going to start getting bad.
>>
>>323182531
Look at this idiot
>>
File: zog.jpg (104KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
zog.jpg
104KB, 512x512px
Fucks sake are we really going to have this damn thread every five fucking minutes. Saying there's some DRM pirate killer is like saying whatever new shitty MMO is the WoW killer.
>>
>>323180636
>Kind of sucks for poorfags
If they've got a good enough pc to play modern games at a decent setting they don't need to pirate
>>
>>323182786
>trying this hard to make a bait
Fuck off.
>>
>>323181041
This
>>
>>323183050
It's not bait just because you don't like it you manchild pirate scum.
>>
>>323182438
>you get a refund for not digging a game enough?
>>
>>323182713
Used games are what allowed the gaming industry to exist you idiot.
The only people who think that are AAA idiots who realize they can't just resell the same thing with a new coat of paint if they can get it for 1/10 the cost in a bargain bin at their local sprawlmart or game store.

Remember what publishers used to do?
Put out fucking multiple titles that weren't just the same thing with a few changes done in a month.

They had diffferent smaller games to keep the industry vibrant and realized that everyone wanted to play games for a few minutes or a few days.
>>
>>323182997
did you even read the news
>>
>>323183128
You're really bad at this, your bait is pretty shit tier.
>>
File: image.jpg (57KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
57KB, 500x500px
>money taken away from the gameplay budget to buy DRM
This isn't the future we wanted, but it's the one WE chose
>>
File: 1430071612317.jpg (190KB, 381x500px) Image search: [Google]
1430071612317.jpg
190KB, 381x500px
my pc can't run wii emulator
>>
>>323183209
It is literally a rehash of all the BASED DENUVO XD threads we've been having.
>>
>>323181557

>ENTITLED GAMERS HOW DARE YOU THINK $60 FOR 4 HOURS OF GAMEPLAY IS NOT WORTH IT THIS IS A WORLD CLASS TEAM WORKING ON SUPREME INNOVATION, HOW DARE YOUUUUUUUUUU
>FUCKING ENTITLED GAMERS THINK THAT A 30 MINTUE VIRTUAL REALITY EXPERIENCE IS NOT WORTH $90, JUST A FEW YEARS AGO THIS WAS IMPOSSIBLE, HOW DARE YOU THINK 30 MINUTES OF THE IMPOSSIBLE IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH
>>
>>323183360
Not that
But the 3DM statement
>>
>>323181898
as if 99% of people actually pay for the game after they have pirated it

>Wow this game is so good
>I'm off to the pub
>>
>>323180087

Translation:

>3DM's main hacker old, busted, tired of putting in the work
>3DM's days numbered
>new hacking groups to rise soon as the new hotness, as has happened many times before
>>
>>323183050
I doubt that is a bait, just an opinion of someone who doesn't have any idea what he is talking about
>>
>more and more intrusive DRM
>sales numbers drop

PIRATES BTFO

How do developers not see that this shit is having a negative impact on sales, same with games that try to pander to certain groups only to get shunned by the casual audience.

Make a good game and people will line up to buy it, wrapping a shitty / mediocre game in layers of moronic DRM and "always online" services isn't helping anyone.
>>
>>323183486
Yes and 3DM's lame ass statement has been in all the Denuvo threads as well, there is nothing new here.
>>
>>323180460
This isn't funny anymore, anon.
>>
File: banana.gif (2MB, 300x165px) Image search: [Google]
banana.gif
2MB, 300x165px
>>323180282
>Mom
>Virginity
>>
File: Speed.webm (267KB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
Speed.webm
267KB, 852x480px
>>323183745
SHHIIIEETTTOOO
>>
Fun fact: Denuvo, till today, was never cracked.
All 3DM did is manipulating third party software into making Denuvo thinks you're running a legit copies.

Denuvo will be cracked someday, but not by these self proclaimed cracker thats for sure.
>>
>>323183878
When did they start test-tube babies?
How long before test-tube babies can post on 4chan about their virgin mothers?
>>
>>323183643
Because one requires that the company made a mistake, which means less faith by investors, which means less monies.

Game publishers are mostly run by people who at best don't care about vidya, or at worst hate it. All they care is the dosh.
>>
>>323183918
>making Denuvo thinks you're running a legit copies
that's called being cracked, mate
>>
>>323183643
>make a good game people will buy it

if people want to play the game and its possible to get it for free...
>>
>>323180282
>your moms virginity
>>
wew lads
>>
DRM is made by persons, it's really silly to claim any DRM can't be cracked by a person.
>>
File: 1451987713197.gif (3MB, 220x212px) Image search: [Google]
1451987713197.gif
3MB, 220x212px
Isn't it funny that it's only this one group who says it. And Why would a fucking cracking group make interview with fucking game journalists?
>>
>>323180087

>In 2 years consoles will be easier to pirate than PCs#
What a world
>>
>>323180087
Good. I stopped stealing video games, and so should everyone else.

Maybe if you started paying for games, and stopped playing garbage F2P pay2win cash shop shit, you'd actually encourage publishers to support real games and developers would be more inclined to create quality, instead of shit out boring rehashes.

Nobody who steals video games has a legitimate quarrel against publishers or developers, since you don't have any stake in the issue and thus your opinion is invalid.
>>
>Games still bomb
I'm trying to think of their next excuse, and I'm guessing they'll go for the obvious "entitlement" of consumers to not spend 100+ on a game and its season pass plus the """""micro"""""transactions.
>>
>piracy is killing the industry!
>make piracy impossible
>shit still sucks
>...
>second hand games are killing the industry!
>make second hand purchases impossible
>shit still sucks
>...
>refunds are killing the industry!
>make refunds impossible
>shit still sucks
>...
>misogyny is killing the industry on purpose!
>make all games awful feminist shit
>shit still sucks
>...
>whelp PC gaming is dead, time to move on to mobiles!

And then, from the ashes...
>>
>>323180087
>PIRATES ABOUT TO BE BTFO
yep, and game too hard to crack like simcity, jc3 or lord of the fallen sell like shit

I wonder if there's a link, but nah, they said pirates were evil

also, undertale's cracked copy was roaming for days
then the game took off and the creator became a millionaire
strange events
>>
>>323180282
D-dad?
>>
>>323183495
So it's better to pay for something you can't test out?
>>
I can still pirate on console? Why are anti pirates so happy? This just means devs will stop making games on PC since all the pirates and their discussion and hype will be buying consoles instead of PC.
>>
File: !.png (158KB, 320x375px) Image search: [Google]
!.png
158KB, 320x375px
>>323183745
tis begun
>>
>>323182938
>mobiles games were the future of gaming in 1996

....Technically that's true?
>>
>>323180636
>people can stop using piracy as an excuse to not develop for PC.

This. Let's get the best from this shit. Finally PC will be the one and only platform to play vidya.

I hope.
>>
>>323183745
But my 8 beats you, faggot.
>>
>>323185907
Nice try. But muh 5
>>
>>323180087

>based on what tho?

You understand this shit is like a race, and ultimately they found that you can't hide data locally. So they moved to online registration.

The solution has always been "always online gaming" but this impractical and gay as fuck.

The solution now is just release late to the PC and thus everyone's happy.

This is just the industry trying "always online" again except this time people probably won't give a fuck because SJWs will go full cuck for it.

Good chance it'll probably be broken anyway. If you know anything about debugging or software security basically it leans heavily in favor of crackers.

I almost thought about doing my final CS year project on advanced DRM methods but I realized a while ago how fucking pointless that would be.
>>
>>323180636
> stop using piracy as an excuse not to develop for PC

Piracy is only one of several reasons not to develop for PC, and it's probably at the bottom of the list since there is no concrete evidence that piracy results in lost sales.

> Difficulty, therefore time, therefore cost in making the game compatible with thousands of different hardware configurations.
> Comparitively few people use PCs for current 3D games.
> Debugging the product when issues arise.
> Cost of supporting free host servers for online play.

Developing PC games is just not a profitable venture in an industry that has difficulties turning a profit to begin with.
>>
>>323180087
How many times have I heard this before?

http://www.businessinsider.com/microsoft-may-have-just-figured-out-how-to-stop-computer-game-piracy-2009-3
>>
>>323185968
Only I can use the power of 12
>>
This is why I'll continue to pirate until pirating cannot be done any more.

May as well get shit for free whilst you can.
>>
File: portman.jpg (26KB, 361x300px) Image search: [Google]
portman.jpg
26KB, 361x300px
>>323186341
> Difficulty, therefore time, therefore cost in making the game compatible with thousands of different hardware configurations.
WAAAAHHH WE HAVE TO OPTIMIZE OUR GAMES
> Comparitively few people use PCs for current 3D games.
WAAAAHH WE NEED TO ACTUALLY INNOVATE AND CREATE GAMES PEOPLE WANT TO PLAY
> Debugging the product when issues arise.
WAAAAAHHH WE NEED TO ACTUALLY RELEASE PATCHES AND SUPPORT OUR GAMES AFTER RELEASE
WAAAAHHH WE CAN'T RIP PEOPLE OFF AND CHARGE THEM FOR USING THEIR OWN INTERNET

Console developers are cancer.
>>
>>323186341

>game compatible with different hardware configs
you realize hardware drivers are universal right? this isn't 1986
>debugging the product when derps a derp
what
>supporting free host servers
nigga they do the same for consoles the fuck are you talking about

You should have stopped at piracy and few people relatively use PCs for 3d vidya, you were right about those two being reasons
>>
I remember securom having similar success. Guess what happened with them.
>>
File: mom's virginity.jpg (184KB, 1280x719px) Image search: [Google]
mom's virginity.jpg
184KB, 1280x719px
>>323183878
>>
>>323182282
>It should have been embraced as a savior.
>studio spends millions to develop a game
>90% of playerbase play for free

"OH YEAH WHAT A SAVIOR"
>>
File: lol.jpg (212KB, 3654x314px) Image search: [Google]
lol.jpg
212KB, 3654x314px
Of course this misquoted 3DM statement would become major news to create clickbait articles.

Of course it would.
>>
File: 1437824918330.png (202KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1437824918330.png
202KB, 1280x720px
cant you people understand?! without piracy

japan can finally see PC being a viable market!

as of right now, most ports barely sell more then their console counterparts, and the real PC market is f2p games because there is very little ways to pirate a server without it costing some one
>>
>>323188480
You can get jail time for pirating in Japan.

They do have a perfect dark torrent scene but it's way more dangerous to actively do it.
>>
>>323184758
Maybe if DLC and a billion 3rd party launchers stop being a thing, I'll bother buying games.

For instance, I like Xcom but I'm not about to pay Fireaxis $60 for a game they are going to fuck me for another $60 in DLC and "fixes" later. The fixes being shit they broke and never repaired until you buy their DLC.

You should definitely go fuck yourself mate.

>implying you don't already fuck yourself because no one else would
>>
>>323180845
The devs really only make money at the games launch price. Once it starts going on sale over 50% its just pennies for them.
>>
>>323180958
Console piracy is way harder because of firmware changes and all kinds of shit.
>>
>>323188469
It's a matter of time and effort: if scene and p2p groups are going to crack games only after half a year, which would allow Denuvo to push yet another version of their system, it would mean the system works as intended. Also it would probably discourage quite a number of groups, who just don't have the assets to deal with it.
>>
File: 4128743928749423.jpg (12KB, 221x109px) Image search: [Google]
4128743928749423.jpg
12KB, 221x109px
>Everyone keeps using JC3 as the pic for this headline
>I didn't give SE a cent and got the game for $25 through sleezy CDKey sites
>>
Didn't some old DRM shit take an entire year to be cracked? Was it Starforce or something like that. Once people figure this shit out, cracks will appear left and right.

It's like the competition between people who create malicious software and anti-virus/anti-spyware. It's a constant race to see who has the edge.
>>
>>323188626
Yea because Japan has a huge hardon for controlling everything about their culture and people so anything that allows people to break this control results in harsh punishments.

Japan is a shit country and the only reason they should even be allowed to exist at this point is because they create some good shit but their culture is total trash.
>>
>>323187040
They didn't update their shit?
>>
looks like the forum sliders switched from undertale now
>>
>>323187117
Sauce please

PLEASE
>>
>>323187117
Why is it that the thing that bother me the most in that line is the irrationality?
>>
>>323189903
Jeff Goldblum.
>>
>>323184298
OI I FUCKED YOU'RE MOM
shut up dad
>>
>>323189903
use saucenao
>>
>America against piracy
>Some of our founding fathers were pirates
How far we've fallen.
>>
Well if they made an article about it then it must be true.
>>
File: 1435846532649.png (440KB, 920x500px) Image search: [Google]
1435846532649.png
440KB, 920x500px
>>323188480
If you really think that the Japanese games who failed on PC got pirated by millions you're deluded.

Games are pirated consistently with their sales, which is proportional with the game's popularity.
>>
>>323190321
No you see this is GAMESPOT they're the authority on the underground piracy scene
>>
>>323180087
Good lets just hope this keep away the childrens from the true gaming experience.
>>
File: 1449360368327.png (288KB, 554x556px) Image search: [Google]
1449360368327.png
288KB, 554x556px
>>323190139
>mfw found it
Holy shit, I had no idea SauceNao worked for hentai screenshots.

Technology is amazing.
>>
>>323180087
in the end only consumers will hurt and no one wins. even sale numbers won't change for good maybe even have a negative effect.
>>
>>323190614
It also works for pixiv art and similar one off images. It does not work very well for much else though, rarely it works for manga pages.
>>
>>323190614
It took me all of one second with reverse image search. But grats on your achievement senpai
>>
>software pirates
>worried
pick one
>>
>>323188994
>It's a matter of time and effort
Crackers want the effort.

They don't give a shit about getting free games for the masses, they want to brag.

That's why they'll always keep doing it.
>>
>>323185539
Why don't restaurants allow people to take a finger-sized sample of each item on the menu before ordering a meal?

>ever thinking food analogies are bad
>>
>>323186831
> Hardware drivers are universal.

Really? I didn't know that NVidia drivers would work with an ATI card, nor that a DX10 video card can automatically run DX12.

More importantly, these splits are pretty down the road. Given that so few PC gamers exist in the first place, developers can't just decide to develop for a particular platform.

> debugging derp derp
Yes, you know, when unanticipated issues arise on certain system configurations?

>>323186814
Hey man, sorry the facts are that upsetting to you. Everything comes down to the $$$ and if developing a game from the ground up for PC isn't profitable then publishers aren't going to do it.
>>
File: 0de1c70fe1aae173e2a74b692bf029c6.jpg (399KB, 2400x1969px) Image search: [Google]
0de1c70fe1aae173e2a74b692bf029c6.jpg
399KB, 2400x1969px
>>323189393
>Japan is a shit country because they punish copyright infringement very harshly
>>
>>323180087
So since all of those lost sales are about to disappear do you think we can get cheaper games?
>>
>>323189393
>what is doujin culture
>>
>>323186341
>Difficulty, therefore time, therefore cost in making the game compatible with thousands of different hardware configurations.
this is what consolefags actually believe
>Comparitively few people use PCs for current 3D games.
this is what consolefags actually believe
> Debugging the product when issues arise
consolefags believe console games don't have bugs
I don't even know what this means, the cost of hosting a masterserver? or matchmaking servers? is that really an issue?

Not forgetting
>console licensing&publishing fees
>>
>>323191046
Free samples, sample platters, & "flights" are actually very common.
>>
>>323191046
restaurants allow you to consume the entire product before you even pay for it.
>>
>>323191101
>Given that so few PC gamers exist in the first place
Reminder Valve has over 125million active users constantly peaking at almost 12million concurrent users online twice a day. But can't compete with PS4s 35million total users
>>
>>323180282
like they said in my country:
"essa eu já sabia,
se não fosse meu pau,
tu não nascia"
>>
>literally stopped pirating because games were so bad i felt bad for constipating my internet

i think im fine i just wait with my purchase
>>
>>323191805
To a limited and well-monitored extent.

>>323191917
And then you are kicked out of the restaurant and banned from it when you bail without paying. You may even be slapped with some harsher punishments by the men in blue.

Guess what DRM has been trying to do to a much more elusive type of burglar for years?
>>
>>323193168
>I already knew this
>if it were my cock
>thou shalt not be born
fucking google translate
>>
>>323181239
Back in the day everyone went to a shop and got some guy to install a mod chip, then bought games from "a guy" for like 2 bucks a pop.

I'm assuming this could very easily make a return. Less people are giving a fuck about online nowadays anyways.
>>
>>323180087
The complete and utter domination of our wallets by the game industry will soon be complete.

No other medium does this except video games. They fuck you raw. Lube is DLC. Now bend over gayboi goyim.
>>
>>323180087

so once they stop piracy what will they blame when the sales dont go up?
>>
>>323193472
the point is you not only get to sample it, but experience the entire thing in its entirety, before they ask you to pay. If it's shit then you can complain and kick up a fuss. So you get banned for not paying for a pile of shit, who cares?
That'd be like EA banning you from origin or something, not a single fucking thing would be lost.

Games are the opposite, without piracy there's no way to experience even a single shred of gameplay without paying $60+
Not that gameplay is much of a factor in modern games.
>>
>>323193825
Ubisoft already stopped piracy on PC in the past by making nobody want to play their games.
>>
>>323193472
>To a limited and well-monitored extent.
Samples generally only exclude items that can't be cooked cheaply in smaller portions, such as steaks. But most places will allow you to at least taste the seasoning or sauce used if requested. Flights cover every single beer and/or wine they serve.

>And then you are kicked out of the restaurant and banned from it when you bail without paying.
If the product was not good you can exchange it or complain & get a discount or free meal. Restaurants are a bad example because they're major pushovers.

>Guess what DRM has been trying to do to a much more elusive type of burglar for years?
Initially preventing players from passing CDs around work/school for easy installs. Then attempting to prevent them from passing it around the internet, which was much worse. The only problem is that companies like Ubisoft & EA have a tendency to use DRM with anticonsumer features that fuck over actual paying customers instead of pirates.
>>
>>323194010

what you arent excited for assassins creed 17?
>>
>>323193861
>If it's shit then you can complain and kick up a fuss. So you get banned for not paying for a pile of shit, who cares?
You're leaving out the part where the owner of the establishment can have you arrested if you don't pay them. If you don't like something you wouldn't eat all of it then complain to the server that it wasn't good. If you finish a large portion of the meal you'll have to compensate them somehow.
>>
>too hard
>implying scenes don't hear this as "challenge accepted"
>>
File: Will_code_html_for_food.jpg (27KB, 329x379px) Image search: [Google]
Will_code_html_for_food.jpg
27KB, 329x379px
>>323180087
yknow programmers gotta eat too and pay the rent
>>
>>323189957
Anal virginity, doofus
>>
>>323192478
I mean, I suppose it's how you define 'gaming.' I'm talking AAA 3D games, not playing angry birds on a website.

> 95% of users are on windows
>1/5 of the 95% of those users have intel chipsets for their GPU
> Of the 4/5*.95 of the 135 mil users, only 2/3 can run DX 11/12 games.
> 50% of the user database are still on single core processors.
> 1/3 of total users are on a laptop display resolution.
> In the mac world, only 20% have an iMAC, the rest are on laptops.

So yes, the number of PC gamers, meaning people who can run a AAA game released this quarter in double digit framerates, is far less than the amount of people who own a PS4.
>>
>>323194283

they can eat a dick if they keep shoving shit drm into their games for all i care

so many games run better when cracked
>>
Is Denuvo the reason that JC3 runs like total shit?
>>
>>323188021

I hate 4chan and I hate the constant hyperboles fuck all of you.
>>
>No piracy means there must be game crippling DRM
>Paying consumers are punished and pirates will still figure it out or just not buy the game
>No physical releases

God it's shit like this that turns me off from PC gaming as a whole. If Grand Strategy games where on console I'd never look back.
>>
>>323194821

i guess so yeah

drm just fucks over the paying customers. 99% of the people who would pirate a game wouldnt buy it if it wasnt available for free
>>
There are so many games that I would pirate to try them or because I wouldn't spend money on that kind of game, but If I had to buy them, I would just ignore those titles. I would only buy the very few games that I would certainly like then.
>>
>>323186341
>Piracy is only one of several reasons not to develop for PC, and it's probably at the bottom of the list since there is no concrete evidence that piracy results in lost sales.
Anon Piracy is the top reason for most developers. Much like the music industry most developers get really fuck pissy if someone is enjoying their product without paying for it.
It was a huge ass reason why Xbone was trying to push DRM was because they knew developers would fucking love it. Whether they truly fear it's lose sales or just a hate boner at the idea some 'stole' their product the fact stays they fucking hate the idea it can happen on PC far easier than console.
>>
>>323181557
everyone waits until they see gameplay videos on youtube and then don't bother to buy it anyway
>>
>>323180636

I'd buy PC games if I wasn't forced to put up with Steam and other forms of DRM.
>>
>>323194821
No it's really a meme. It does kill sales for some reason though. MGSV ran amazingly while JC3 also runs like shit on consoles.
>>
>>323181557
gamergate
>>
>>323195174

>Steam=DRM

lol
>>
Pirated game ≠ Lost sale, though.
>>
>>323194821
with denuvo its miss or hit.
they either run really well (mgsV,mad max) or total shit (lords oft, arkham knight, jc3).
>>
>>323181898

Do you really believe the "I pirate and if I like it I buy it" meme?
>>
>>323194283
The programmers are usually paid during production
>>
>>323195079
>It was a huge ass reason why Xbone was trying to push DRM was because they knew developers would fucking love it. Whether they truly fear it's lose sales or just a hate boner at the idea some 'stole' their product the fact stays they fucking hate the idea it can happen on PC far easier than console.

No. Piracy is an excuse, not a reason. If there were 50+ million people who had $1000+ machines capable of running current games in DX12 on the PC, the developers would whine and bitch about Piracy but continue to develop games for PC first and port to consoles second. It's the other way around because most gamers play on consoles. It's much easier to churn out and optimize a game to a given, static hardware configuration and make a (usually crappy) PC port than to go the other way around, and the fact that there are more PS4 + XBox one users than DX12 PC gamers just solidifies the strategy.
>>
>>323195015

this desu

i pirate a lot of games but i bought all the witcher games simply because the devs arent fucking faggots about muh piracy
>>
>>323195375
>Steam goes belly up
>Oh no muh games!
>>
So fucking what. Modern games are shittier every year and there still are more pre-2016 games than I could play in a lifetime and are easy to pirate.
>>
>>323195446

i pirate to try out games

thank god i didnt pay for fallout 4
>>
File: 1450941324453.jpg (124KB, 634x953px) Image search: [Google]
1450941324453.jpg
124KB, 634x953px
>>323181557
>implying sales won't increase

I'm fucking dying you piratefags are delusional. There is an upwards trend in PC sales and it's just going to get bigger. They're going to count anti-piracy as a success until the PC market dies and there is nothing you can do about it.
>>
>>323195523

>What is offline mode
>What are nosteam cracks
>What are DRM-free Steam releases
>>
>>323195375
>Digital rights management
>On Steam you buy the rights to play the game
>not DRM
lol
>>
>>323194607
You pulled those numbers out of your ass. The video card & version of direct x it's capable of running are not listed by Hardware survey, only the VRAM which over 50% of users have 1.5GB or more. 60% of users run 1080p or better including the use of multimonitor resolution.

You would be correct to say that most users cannot run the newest games on maximum settings at 1080p or higher. But it looks fair to say well over 50% of the 125million users can run all of the newest games about on par with consoles or even better.
>>
they said the same shit when online DRM first started popping up, and here we are who knows how many fucking years later

I wonder how much money publishers forcefeed these publications so they run these retarded articles in a desperate attempt to discourage people from stealing their barely functioning video games
>>
>>323195663
you buy the rights to play the game as long as steam is online*

If steam network is down for some reason or you don't have internet lol too bad
>>
What's with this pseudo-religious cult that seems to have built up around the notion that crackers are these magical tireless robots that will always keep up on a 1:1 ratio with copy-protection efforts? Moore's Law held up for a good long time, but physical limits eventually caught up and things are starting to slow down. The same will happen with the relationship between DRM and the people attempting to break it; except in the latter case they are under pressure to bypass it within a reasonable amount of time or the rest of the world might have already moved on.

Any time a cracking group is late to breaking Denuvo, the SOLE argument has always been that apparently nobody was motivated enough to put any "real" effort into it. That the game wasn't worth bothering with in the first place. An extremely straight example of sour grapes.

Really?
>>
>>323195745
I didn't pull any numbers out of my ass, click on the individual stats and it will display more detailed breakdowns.

Also, the #1 game played today was Dota 2, the second game played was CS:GO. The most popular modern game was Fallout 4 and had a whopping 76,000 users.
>>
>>323195798
>or you don't have internet lol too bad

Except this isn't true. I can play all of my games without internet.
>>
>>323195657
>>What is offline mode
the login still expires after a while, even in offline mode
>>What are nosteam cracks
no shit sherlock, but it is the retailer you bought from that offers those cracks?
>>What are DRM-free Steam releases
i.e. shitty indie games that amount to less than 1% of my library
>>
I don't even play video games. Haven't bought anything since NES.
>>
>>323195745
The DX version breakdown is literally in the top-center of the screen:

http://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey/
>>
>>323195974
you have to log in to steam periodically for offline mode to work don't you?
>>
Holy shit, 3DM are such a bunch of fucking hacks.

No pun intended.
>>
>>323183263
>We made them do it. :,D
>>
>>323196074
Once a month I believe.
>>
>>323181520
>everyone pirated everything
U wot? That's just not true anon, are you serious? You think the 70 million wii were majority pirates? Normal fags don't pirate, rich fags don't pirate, moral fags don't pirate, and there's a lot more of those than pirate fags and Immoral poor fags
>>
>>323195974
But you can't if you get banned or lose your account. You bought the right to play the games using and agreeing to their digital software, your rights to play the games are digitally managed. It's DRM.
>>
>>323180087
This article has become the avalanche in gaming 'journalism'.

Torrentfreak made the clickbait article off of a tweet from 3dm last year.

Now, everyone and their mom wants a piece of that clickbait pie and is making this fucking dumb article for clicks.

I hate people. I really, really do.
>>
>>323195974
>Except this isn't true. I can play all of my games without internet.

no, you can play your games only if you had a recent open session.
try to logout or not access steam for a few weeks, it wont let you play your installed games
>>
>>323195880
>Any time a cracking group is late to breaking Denuvo, the SOLE argument has always been that apparently nobody was motivated enough to put any "real" effort into it.

but they still break it anyways, anon

lords of the fallen is a very good example of a game no one cared about, and it was still cracked despite there being barely any interest in it
>>
>>323196343
but the reason it was cracked that late isn't because there wasn't any interest, it's because it was actually hard to crack.
>>
>>323196187
The reason the PS2 was one of the best selling consoles of all time is because it was so easy to pirate for. Even pushing a decade old it was still being sold for 100+ dollars because of the high demand due to this ease of piracy.
>>
>>323196407
not him, but hard to crack programs have existed in the past, and eventually they got figured out, it's a constant competition between crackers and anti-tampering/DRM developers.
>>
>>323196074
its 2016 and you dont have internet?
>>
File: lightscreen.2016-01-08.png (140KB, 1115x637px) Image search: [Google]
lightscreen.2016-01-08.png
140KB, 1115x637px
>>323180087

>Piracy is dead

Explain how people still using downloading of Kat and TPB

we love piracy because we dont care about multinational companies if they lose a few millons of dollars
>>
File: 1370380159373.jpg (48KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1370380159373.jpg
48KB, 640x480px
>>323180087
I just won't play the games then.
>>
>>323196407
sure, but they still cracked it despite the lack of interest and the difficulty

piracy isn't going anywhere.
>>
>>323181239
> Console users too stupid to pirate software...

Huh? Most people didn't, but a substantial minority did. I had a friend who had a floppy drive to put into the top of his super Famicom. With CDs, cracking the PS1 was a breeze. Cracking the PS2 was a breeze. Sega wasn't even trying with the Dreamcast, by the year 2000 everyone with a DC had a giant binder of pirated games.

Nintendo was the only one who took it seriously, it's primarily why they stuck with cartridges with the N64 and went straight to proprietary mini-disks with the GCN.
>>
>>323196695
it's 2016 and sometimes I'm not in a place with a reliable internet source for over a month
>>
>>323180087

EXCUSES FOR BAD SALES ABOUT TO BE BTFO
>>
File: 1408433207039.png (470KB, 627x720px) Image search: [Google]
1408433207039.png
470KB, 627x720px
>>323195925
My bad, I completely ignored the little top part. Here's a small sample of the list of video cards used. From this little image you can see that 30% of the userbase in DEC is capable of running all currently released games at medium-low or higher at about 1080p. Some may need to drop down to 1680x1050 to reach smoother FPS.

Also, I didn't play any of those games today. I am about to get back to Bloodborne. Then maybe pirate around the world of Rome II some more or get back to finishing Dark Souls II.
>>
>>323196817
This improves the community substantially.
>>
>>323196695
I suppose he'd be more upset about wanting to play his games without internet access, like if he was on a long flight or something.
>>
>>323180087
Please. Technology marches on.

Even if the games won't be pirated now, it will be a matter of time until they'll crack them.
>>
File: small sample.png (114KB, 922x937px) Image search: [Google]
small sample.png
114KB, 922x937px
>>323196970
Well that was the wrong image.
>>
YOU WISH
>>
>>323197068
I respectfully disagree
>>
File: TRAITOR.gif (107KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
TRAITOR.gif
107KB, 300x300px
>>323180087

>oh no I won't be able to play all the triple AAA garbage with dlc ass ramming games that barely even play like actual games!

wow I am just so fucking panicked right now m8 u ave no fookin clue...jesus,,,christ...it's ogre...
>>
>What happens now

Game sells badly.
Developer/Publisher blames piracy.
Sequel is made with some way to combat piracy.

>What will happen when piracy is impossible

Game sells badly
Publisher decides there is no market for this game/type of game
No sequel is ever made
Developer goes out of business
Only the most safe of games are ever made now, enjoy CoD clone 995

LITERALLY KILLING GAMES. THANKS BASED DENUVO.
>>
File: 1451941064235.jpg (596KB, 2943x2155px) Image search: [Google]
1451941064235.jpg
596KB, 2943x2155px
>>323197068

The most popular cards are Intel HD graphics and the weak NVIDIA GeForce 6100

PC market is dead because most gamers use laptops and High-end desktop gamers completely irrelevant today.
>>
>>323196970
It's moreso that I don't think the vast majority of people with a DX10 or older card are going to buy a new AAA game, so you can't include them in the market. I acknowledge that lots of tinkering could probably get the game to 'run', albeit at a poor framerate and look like ass, but if someone is serious about gaming he will have a DX11.1 or better capable GPU; GPUs supporting DX11.1 are already going on 4 years old.

I only mentioned Fallout 4 because the game is 2 months old and only 0.06% of users even opened it in the last 24 hours, meanwhile the two most popular games are over a decade old (albeit CS:GO is a new paintjob on an old game). It serves to demonstrate how little AAA games sell on the PC platform.
>>
>>323195452
>producing games is free
>>
>>323197432
But shit devs going out of business instead of producing more garbage sequels is a good thing.
>>
I probably only buy one AAA title a year. This shit iant worth the time pirating half the time.
>>
File: smaller sample.png (10KB, 310x211px) Image search: [Google]
smaller sample.png
10KB, 310x211px
>>323197682
>most popular
Having 6% of th euserbase on one card doesn't mean much when you only have 18.66% market share. Steam survey shows that over 30% of the 125+ million users can run demanding games just fine. Meaning there is a minimum of 37.5 million potential customers for high end AAA games like Witcher III or Asscreed. The rest of that 125 million will also play smaller less demanding titles like Diablo III, Overwatch, Akiba's Trip, Pillars of Eternity, Black Ops III, etc.
>>
Chuck
>>
Reminder: There is nothing wrong with piracy so long as someone bought the orginal game. Once you own it its yours to copy if you want.

Anyone who says otherwise is a fascist pig.
>>
>>323194283
It's bad for us
>hurf durf gotta pay u less 'cuz denovu fundin ;)))
>hurd durff gotta pay u less 'cuz piratos ;))))))))
>>
everytime a company talks about how their new drm is "SO UNBREAKABLE YOU GUYS" i just remember how modern warfare 2 was bragging the same thing, and within the week it became the most pirated game to ever be released

it never works, but they always insist on making drm worse, which in turn just aggravates the paying customers, which in turn causes more people to pirate shit. guess some people never learn
>>
I think the hate on piracy will start to reappear again since they ran out of ideas to write about.

Guess what, pirates are still a minority and again, you can't assume that just because someone copies = a lost sale.

I couldn't have afforded most games I played through at a young age, no way it would have added an extra sale if there was no way to pirate.

Instead, I wouldn't have played at all and that's it.

People just get sensitive around the idea of "intellectual property" and I think this shit started to get serious with the whole anti consumer mentality that the good ol' U S of A has for it.

Here's a nice thing, Netflix finally came to Romania and it costs 10 euros, that's quite a sum here, hate it or not.

Thing about is tho is that they don't even offer a full service, I.E full HD or all shows that are available for the USA too.

In other words, they offer a shitty product and people (who are used to piracy like no one's business) will just go on pirating since it offers an even better service.

Then guess what? Netflix goes bitching that Romanians are just pirate scum and bam, they shut it down again.

It feels like the whole Valve and Russia incident, we need quality goods, not a quick cash in without a way to avoid being fucked over.

Lets face it, companies like EA would just love to give you jack shit for 60 bucks and leaving you with shit for options to do against that.
>>
>>323193168
brasileiro é foda.

caralho ein hauhuahuahua
>>
>>323200710
Indeed.

Piracy is actually the least bugging problem that the videogame industry has

And also agreed here on quality. See Fallout 4.

Did Todd expected that people would give him GOTY after all the graphics bullshit?
>>
>piracy is stopped
>game sales plummet
>>
Man, lately big games haven't even been worth stealing from the internet.
>>
>>323181517
they meant new games, not popular titles from 2004
>>
>>323201709
No wonder. The AAA companies simply don't put effort anymore.

It's a miracle if they release a game that isn't so bad.
>>
>>323201709
Fucking this. I haven't bothered downloading a game for the last year or so, and I was a massive piratefag.

Industry found the way of killing piracy. Making shit games people won't even bother pirating anymore.
Thread posts: 231
Thread images: 27

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.