[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just bought this, any tips? It's my first FE. FE thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 11

File: 619bwToBXSL._SY400_.jpg (54KB, 442x400px) Image search: [Google]
619bwToBXSL._SY400_.jpg
54KB, 442x400px
I just bought this, any tips? It's my first FE.
FE thread
>>
DUDE WAIFUS LMAO
>>
>Bought
>>
>>323175518
Use Pair Up.
>>
>>323175518
Nothing, I just can't play this unbalanced game. I moved to Fates and is a lot better
Fucking Shadow Dragon had better balance than this shit

Just pair up Chrom with Frederick and get ready to do this for 3 chapters (if you play Hard or Lunatic). You can also grind, since is your first FE maybe you can enjoy it
>>
File: 1373040342546.jpg (259KB, 800x810px) Image search: [Google]
1373040342546.jpg
259KB, 800x810px
>>323175518

If it's your first FE then I reccomend you play on Classic/Normal.

The game's a LOT more fun on classic mode since it actually makes you carefully considering your moves and how you go about clearing maps. You can reset to save a lost soldier but that's a time investment, so...it's a toss up, do you value that soldier enough to reset or not?

But normal mode since it'll be a challenge but won't bust your balls and won't need you to min max.

As for general tips.

>If you haven't had the plot spoiled for you, then probably leave this thread and just go play. It's a fun plot with some cool twists, experinencing them yourself is the best.

>There's no need to rush marriage, many of the best girls don't come till the second half of the game. Take your time to choose the best waifu.

>Tharja (Dark Mage), Gaius (Theif), Cynthia (Pegasus Knight) and Yarne (Taguel) all start as enemies. To recruit them you need to have CHROM (or for Cynthia/Yarne, Sumia/Panne) talk to them. Stand next to them and choose talk. Robin can't do this, neither can anyone else, you'll miss out on them if you kill them.

>When you unlock it, you should always be pairing up.

>Lucina is best girl.

>You can use Reeking boxes to grind if you need it, try not to overdo it or you'll make the game too easy for yourself.

>Paralogues are a lot harder than story missions, be prepared before you take one on.

>If he's not already maried then Chrom will marry midway through the game, whoever he's got highest affection with of Robin(Female), Sumia, Sully, Olivia or Maribelle. If you're planning to marry any of these then make sure he's got more affection with another one of them than the one you want. Or, just marry him off.

>Don't worry about min-maxing, it's impossible to make a bad Morgan. Robin's genes are just too fucking good.

That's about all I can think of, it's a great game. Have fun with it.
>>
File: Chrom.jpg (76KB, 422x537px) Image search: [Google]
Chrom.jpg
76KB, 422x537px
Start off with "Normal" mode.
Do casual if you can't handle units dying.
Don't bother with Classic if you're just going to restart the game when a unit dies, it doesn't fucking work like that, there's no point.

MU (My Unit) and Chrom will usually kill everything quickly, so try not to let them eat up all the EXP.

Try to get your units around a similar level, so nobody is underleveled.

You may need to grind for levels on underleveled units.

I'm similarly new, I started maybe like two weeks ago.
>>
Tips aren't necessary if it's your first FE, because you don't need to adjust any habits from the earlier games.

It's a very easy game. Use Pair Up.
>>
File: 1443183652645.jpg (131KB, 800x799px) Image search: [Google]
1443183652645.jpg
131KB, 800x799px
>>323176297

Oh one more, the stupid goddamn Paralogues that takes place in a Desert Map with 4 cities?

Take CHROM or MIRIEL to the lower left hand city.

I somehow missed this, it's stupid as hell but there you go.
>>
>>323176367
You want Robin to soak up as much exp as possible, he can carry you through the entire game, even on Lunatic.
>>
>>323176297
>>323176474
Don't Avatarfag we get enough of that with Tharjafag.
>>323176367
>Don't bother with Classic if you're just going to restart the game when a unit dies, it doesn't fucking work like that, there's no point.
This is kind of a toss up. Even the developers have admitted to restarting when loosing a unit.
>I'm similarly new, I started maybe like two weeks ago.
Plan on playing anything else in the series?
>>
File: 1405806752872.jpg (99KB, 872x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1405806752872.jpg
99KB, 872x1000px
>>323176367
>Don't bother with Classic if you're just going to restart the game when a unit dies, it doesn't fucking work like that, there's no point.

Resetting is fine, the point is that it makes each loss mean something.

You lost Donnel at the end of a map that took you 35mins to beat? Well...Do you want to try beat that again and save him? Will you just lose someone else instead? Does he mean enough to reset and try?

That's Classic mode, you have to be careful and it's a kick in the gut when a character dies.

I did my second playthrough on Casual mode and there's literally zero challenge, I just zerged my units into the enemies and it didn't matter at all if they died. I'd generally lose 1-2 units every other map because it just didn't matter.

Completely different feeling.
>>
If you're playing as a female, you'll automatically marry Chrom fairly early in the game if you have the highest support rank with him. If you don't want to be locked into marriage with the agonizingly bland protagonist, be careful of that.
>>
>>323176712
The highest support rank with him out of all the girls he can support, I meant.
If you don't want to marry him, get his support level higher with Sumia, Maribelle, Sully, or Olivia.

If you want him to marry Olivia, you must get their support to C in the chapter you recruit her, and not have him support anyone other girl.
>>
>>323176664
Same guy as reply #3.
>This is kind of a toss up. Even the developers have admitted to restarting when loosing a unit.

I get it, I kinda mean, if you're going to restart for every single unit that dies, regardless of whom it is.

>Plan on playing anything else in the series?
I was playing a little bit of Shadow Dragon on DSemu, and I'll get Fates probably a couple years from now, like I did Awakening, and I might visit more older entries in the series.
>>
File: 1405806039000.png (71KB, 244x203px) Image search: [Google]
1405806039000.png
71KB, 244x203px
>>323176712
>Playing female in the first place

All the males (except Owain I guess) are staggeringly bad choices. Chrom is the only one who makes any kind of sense, at least then the story revolves just around a very intimate sense of one family.

You could even make a case that (F)Robin/Chrom tells a better story than (M)Robin/Lucina. I'd disagree with you, but it does tie in very nicely.

Who the fuck else is F-Robin gonna marry? Fucking Stahl?

M-Robin has a heap of great choices, Lucina, Tiki, Severa, Tharja, Nah, Sa'yri etc. All fun as hell and interesting choices.
>>
>>323176958
>opinions
I don't think any pairing tells the story better than any other. Players will probably be the most satisfied if their avatar marries the person they like best.
>>
>>323176958
>13. Do not use avatars or attach signatures to your posts.
>>
Fredrick will carry your ass through the first few levels. This is fine, don't get freaked about this.

Then soon after he should be put out to stud to impregnate whatever female whose child you wish to go on the front lines.
>>
>>323177405
>Complaining about someone posting Lucina in a FireEmblem thread.

Every night I pray to God that I will never be this autistic.
>>
>>323177810
You know full well what you're doing. Not every post from you needs a picture of Lucina accompanying it. That's Avatarfagging pure and simple.
>>
>>323176958
>M-Robin has a heap of great choices
Sounds great.
>Tiki, Sa'yri
You've lost me.
>>
File: Nowi_(FE13_Artwork).jpg (720KB, 2454x3266px) Image search: [Google]
Nowi_(FE13_Artwork).jpg
720KB, 2454x3266px
>>323175518
The more degenerate they look, the stronger they are

this lil fucking loli here can wipe a whole map by herself
>>
File: 1451327832822.jpg (119KB, 598x881px) Image search: [Google]
1451327832822.jpg
119KB, 598x881px
Just make sure to not marry Lucina, because she's mine.
>>
>>323178951
I also just started playing.
When does Dragon loli joins the party?
>>
>>323181372
Chapter 8. Be sure to use her, she'll kill anyone
>>
>>323175687
>brick
>>
Miriel is best girl, OP.
>>
>>323181372
Make sure to use her non-stop. Also, make sure to marry your character to her, you'll end up with 3 overpowered dragons, god-tier if you get in to the whole parent skill passing thing.
>>
File: image.jpg (100KB, 500x468px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
100KB, 500x468px
This game is better
>>
File: 14364546.png (721KB, 680x651px) Image search: [Google]
14364546.png
721KB, 680x651px
>>323184903
4 god tier dragons, actually*
>>
>>323185151
5 if you count Spotpass Tiki.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.