[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Julien Merceron: Secondly, it is true that there’s a t

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 7

File: julien_merceron_1.jpg (411KB, 850x638px) Image search: [Google]
julien_merceron_1.jpg
411KB, 850x638px
>Julien Merceron: Secondly, it is true that there’s a trend for games to appear on the market less buggy in Japan compared to European and American games. This is an issue of ethics. Namely, for Japanese developers, there is an issue of pride part of their culture, and you can also find it on how game development works.

>The habit there is not to leave any bugs behind before handing the code out to artists or other people. They will make sure very conscientiously that everything runs smoothly. So it is more an issue of ethics, and obviously, when you have this habit while developing a game, when the end of development draws near, things are rather clean. Some small problems might remain here and there, but during the development of Metal Gear Solid V, for example, the game was always very stable, even during very hectic development phases.”

http://www.dualshockers.com/2016/01/07/former-fox-engine-lead-talks-bug-plagued-releases-japan-virtual-relity-praises-naughty-dog-and-more/

Baguette confirms it. Western devs is the cancer killing gaming.
>>
literally who

pastebin
>>
>>323173358
http://pastebin.com/40pWc2Zq
>>
Been kinda obvious simce the dawn of gaming. Jap games have always generally held s higher quality. Even in western AAA, you run into bunch of bugs and performance issues all the time.
>>
>>323174078
is this what weaboos really believe
>>
>>323174214
Compare MGS5 launch to FO4 launch

MGS5 basically has no bugs, while it's hard to go 5 minutes without something bugging in FO4
>>
>>323174214
>I started playing games on the Xbox 360
>>
File: 1434090666343.gif (1MB, 500x300px) Image search: [Google]
1434090666343.gif
1MB, 500x300px
Japan is better at pretty much everything
>>
Now that he's at Bamco, will he be aiding Harada in his quest for the waifu age?
>>
>>323174621
He's helping Bamco up their own engines. Bamco is currently licensing UE4 but I guess the ambition is to create an engine like that which they own.
>>
File: 810i1C5RrrL._SL1500_.jpg (325KB, 1304x1500px) Image search: [Google]
810i1C5RrrL._SL1500_.jpg
325KB, 1304x1500px
>>323173295
This is bullshit, some of the buggiest games I've played in recent times have been niche weeb shit. At least western devs fucking patch their broken shit. Pic related.
>>
>>323174621
>I didn’t have time to play to Fallout 4 yet but I’m going to once I had enough time to play to all Bandai Namco games

Good luck with that, Bamco is the Japanese king of shovelware.

>>323174792
The bugs were put in by the Western localization side though. I hereby summon the NISA copypasta.
>>
>>323174284
>MGS5 basically has no bugs
>Quiet literally deletes your saves
>Weapon mod glitches

Fo4 isn't a fair comparision, all gamebryo games are broken buggy unstable pieces of shit. In fact, I've been pleasantly surprised that I haven't crashed yet and have only had to use noclip to unstick myself four times so far.
>>
File: acu-640x400.png (336KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
acu-640x400.png
336KB, 640x400px
>>323174792
I guess Julien is mostly talking about AAA development which he himself is involved in. There will always be glitchy niche games as the games are made on barebones budgets. But usually high-end Japanese games tend to come out very polished. Whereas even the biggest western AAA games can be buggy ass games that you need to download 10GB for just to bypass the tutorial.
>>
>>323174989
I love this mentality. Gamebryo games get a pass because "It's Gamebryo, what do you expect?" And this is why Todd and his lackeys realize there is no need to improve since people always expect and justify the least from them anyways.
>>
>>323174989
They're both AAA games there got released at pretty much the same time. I think it's a fair comparison
>>
>>323174284
MGS5 had a ton of bugs, but if you compare any game to a game developed Bethesda or Obsidian it will look good.
>>
File: 1450735772123.jpg (69KB, 850x1133px) Image search: [Google]
1450735772123.jpg
69KB, 850x1133px
It's quite tragic when many Vita games are more stable and sound than an average western AAA.
>>
>>323174792
That was the localizer introducing new bugs.
>>
>>323173295
>this delusion

Only a full blown weeaboo would believe this.
>>
>>323174985
>The bugs were put in by the Western localization side though. I hereby summon the NISA copypasta.
Not that I don't trust you anon, but I swear either for this game or Akiba's Trip people complained on the localization forums and they said "it was in the original game, don't bitch at us". Actually I'm pretty sure it was Akiba's Trip that crashes if you fill up your inventory and just had a shit framerate and occasional random crashing on last gen overall, and the Xseed forums guys were like "go ask the jap devs we didn't do shit".

>>323175204
I was being mostly sarcastic but c'mon, you're like picking on a disabled kid versus a normal teenager. I think Skyrim was mostly fun if shallow, but the moment I saw you could walk through walls by holding a plate and walking into a corner and that it was unpatchable for some reason, I knew there was no hope for any games using this engine to be anything but broken pieces of shit.

But at LEAST none of the glitches fucking delete your save data and most are scripting/clipping things you can fix with console commands. And you can't just use the mouse to equip a machine gun drum magazine onto a rocket launcher and then put a silencer on it.
>>
>>323175621
Who is better suited than Julien to decide? That guy has been everywhere, worked with everyone.
>>
One of the devs that worked on Blast Corps was talking about this earlier.

He was lambasting modern AAA devs for day 1 patches, because back in the day cartridges were manufactured specifically for the games. So if they left any bugs in the games code then to fix it they'd have to recall all the cartridges that had already been shipped and throw them away.

Devs today have it on super easy mode and they still fuck up all the time.
>>
>>323173295
How is this news?
Its been this way since the 90s, most japs pride themselves on superior animation and technical quality

Even in the games mechanics are stuck in the 90s
>>
File: unity.png (715KB, 1274x710px) Image search: [Google]
unity.png
715KB, 1274x710px
>>323176009
It was better when the devs had to limit themselves and didn't go full retard with the setting and graphics to the point of ruining the actual gameplay. I watched a Youtube video with some Rare devs with one of them making fun of modern devs for complaining about weak hardware when they had 4MB of VRAM to work with on the N64.
>>
>>323173295
Western devs BTFO. Thanks Bethesda.
>>
>>323176956
Bethesda isn't even the worst culprit. Ubisoft games on consoles is a headcahe waiting to happen.
>>
>>323174989
One is from the west. One is from the east. Which one was it that went through effort of making sure their game was a broken buggy unstable piece of shit?
>>
File: 1397336548862.png (55KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1397336548862.png
55KB, 200x200px
>>323173295
Why don't you go check out Akiba strip on steam right now, what you'll find is everyone complaining the game won't even fucking start up let alone work properly. Or how about you check out every single port by koei tecmo right now. There's a lot more if you look hard enough, Japan are just as shit as the west now
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.