[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did anything ever come of that voice actor strike thing?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

Did anything ever come of that voice actor strike thing?
>>
I'm guessing not cause I have yet to see a single ironic/unironic shitpost saying /v/ BTFO
>>
File: 1401867661465.png (931KB, 650x366px) Image search: [Google]
1401867661465.png
931KB, 650x366px
more like David See You Later
>>
File: image.jpg (410KB, 970x546px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
410KB, 970x546px
Post yfw dave got cucked
>>
File: Two Phantoms Were Born.jpg (127KB, 589x805px) Image search: [Google]
Two Phantoms Were Born.jpg
127KB, 589x805px
>>
File: 1447804808063.jpg (301KB, 600x456px) Image search: [Google]
1447804808063.jpg
301KB, 600x456px
>>323160660
>>
>>323160649
I was looking so forward to those ironic/unironic shit posts
>>
>>323160480
The biggest reason for the strike, is the biggest reason why voice acting in videogames would become a thing of the past. They wanted a percentage of overall profits. That much money is usually split between multiple divisions of production teams, not a single person.
>>
Yes, he is still on a strike, by himself.
>>
>>323160480
No. Voice actors started acting like faggots because they wanted extra pocket change and they were promptly told to sit the fuck down.
>>
>>323160480

I don't think anything came of it because it was an asinine proposal in the first place. VAs were demanding compensation roughly equal to what developers themselves were making, which is absurd when you consider the discrepancy in labor between the two (we're talking weeks vs. years).

Not that it's surprising that they'd want a strike since most people involved in acting are generally insufferable human beings anyway.
>>
>>323167161
The voice actors work for maybe one or two days most of the time whereas the devs may work for several years on a single project. Some voice actors were getting extremely uppity thinking that they were like movie stars and that people were buying the games for them. Actors in movies are often very over-paid but in Hollywood that's what the market has deemed them to be worth.
>>
>>323160480
Nope, because it was a loose association of people all complaining about the same thing. So of course nothing got done and the whole thing dissolved when they had to pay their mortgage.

They could have made something work if they got the Screen Actor's Guild involved but that would mean everyone makes a lot less money, has a lot less flexibility and generally get screwed over by Hollywood practices designed to fix things that won't generally affect them.
Since not everyone is an idiot, nothing happened.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.