[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Lazarovic fight in Uncharted 2 is engaging and intense he'll

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 6

File: uncharted-3-donut-nate-jpg[1].jpg (177KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
uncharted-3-donut-nate-jpg[1].jpg
177KB, 600x450px
>Lazarovic fight in Uncharted 2 is engaging and intense he'll flank and rush you often and it utilises something that has been apart of the entire plot of the game

>Talbot fight in Uncharted 3 is quick time event shit that doesn't use the Hallucinogenic water a final time to make it interesting
>>
I think it's pretty unanimous that 3 was a huge let down
>>
3 does not make a fucking sense
Why the fucking talbot uses those cards
>>
I hoped the water would be used to make some kind of giant drake vs giant talbot fight with superpowers
>>
The final boss in 2 was shit too, you just had to run in a circle around the arena to bait the angry serb guy to those explosive globs.
>>
>>323157951
its a shoddily written janky piece of shit.

The first half was very promising. Exploring the relationship between Nathan and Sully. Talbot being creepy as fuck. The implication that Sir Francis found something so terrifying he turned around. Broing up with Chloe, Cutter and Sully.

Then it just fell the fuck apart, and started copying setpiece events straight out of 2. I mean for fuck sake it has the same ending as 2.
>>
Still better than the 1st uncharted bossfight
>>
>>323158169
>copying 2
Thats what made me sad, Id just finished 2 then started 3 the next day and it was like id put in uncharted 2s disk by mistake and was playing that
>>
Uncharted 3 is a mess, Amy Henning is a hack.
>>
2>3>1
>>
File: ca.jpg (7KB, 290x174px) Image search: [Google]
ca.jpg
7KB, 290x174px
Yeah but dat ass tho
>>
File: chloe_ass_01_0.jpg (105KB, 404x692px) Image search: [Google]
chloe_ass_01_0.jpg
105KB, 404x692px
Everybody knows Uncharted 2 is the only good Uncharted game. It's the perfect Indian Jones simulator.
>>
>>323158797
>Indian Jones
Shit, *Indiana Jones*
>>
>>323158169
Remember the scene in 3 when they found a weird ass corpse that looked like it was super decayed? Remember when they explained that?

Honestly I still loved Uncharted 3, but it had so many unexplored parts of the story that make no sense.
>>
Cutter & Chloe should have had a bigger role in 3.
Hope they return in the next game
>>
>>323159917
The decayed body from one of the henchmen? I thought that was because of the spiders
>>
>>323160208
Yeah, but how does that even make sense?
>>
>>323160469
Vampire spiders, they sucked their blood!
>>
>>323161280
The spiders didn't make sense at all.
>>
>>323161359
It's a video game
>>
I'm playing Uncharted for the first time right now

The first game is like
Not super good, right?

I kinda just want it to be over.
These gunfights are unrelenting and it's not particularly fun. It just feels like I've been playing the same segment for the past five hours.
>>
>>323161392
So?
>>
>>323161430
It's not reality, it doesn't have to make 100% sense
>>
>>323161504
Incorrect. It doesn't need to be realistic, but it should always make sense and follow it's own internal logic.
>>
>>323161564
What doesn't make sense to you about the spiders? Maybe their venom makes people age super fast
>>
>>323161729
Nothing made sense about the spiders.
>>
>>323161397
Nah. 1s pretty mediocre. 2 is phenomenal though. The multiplayer was 10/10 back in the day. 3 was alright.

2>3>1
>>
>>323157524
>amy hennig.jpg
There's a reason UC1 and 3 are worse than 2.
>>
>>323161786
Use your imagination. It's not an excuse for shitty writing, but make the best of it. It's never explained how Talbot is fine after getting shot or how he disappears around a corner either, but I just imagine he's a magician or illusionist.
>>
>>323161936
>Use your imagination.
No, it's not my job to use my imagination and damage control for poor writing. It's the writer's job to use their imagination and tell me a good story.

Just because you can "imagine" ways to make the writing better doesn't mean we shouldn't criticize it.
>>
>>323162243
No, you can criticise it, and you should, but you can still make the best of the situation and try to have a little fun for yourself.
>>
>>323162541
>but you can still make the best of the situation and try to have a little fun for yourself.
By just playing other games instead? I've already Platinum'd Uncharted 3, I don't care.

The writing was shit, it was full of inconsistencies and unfinished plot points.
>>
LoK was the only good thing Amy Henning wrote
>>
>>323162673
No, make the best of the situation and imagine your own reasons for things.
>>
>>323162923
Why should I? That was years ago. It was a plothole then and a plothole now, I don't need an answer.
>>
>>323162907
>>323161916
It wasn't Amy's fault. She had to write a story around levels that had already been designed and scenarios that had already been devised. "Hey, we want Nathan to chase someone over a bunch of rooftops, we want Sully to pretend to be dead, get Nathan on a plane somehow".
>>
How did Talbot get shot by Cutter in the heart and then appear minutes later without a scratch?
How did they plant the tower card on Cutter about 30 minutes before he jumped off and snapped his legs?
How did Talbot disappear after giving Cutter the hypno drug?
>>
>>323163003
You should because you should always make the best of your situation when you can. No need to choose to make things difficult or bad. :)
>>
>>323163329
Said the Yahtzee review, that was an assumption and not a fact.
>>
Post yfw halfway through Uncharted 4 you discover the ending of Uncharted 3 was a load of nonsense caused by Talbot's hallucinogenic and that he and his mother are still alive and pulling the strings behind Uncharted 4.
>>
>>323163370
There is nothing more difficult than playing a game, going "Wow, the writing really took a fall from the last game.", and then moving on to play other games.

You're the one making things difficult.
>>
>>323163329
the hennig defense force is here spewing rumours as usual
>>
>>323163765
You just sound so negative about the whole thing, you can give criticism and still be positive about it.
>>
File: 1448549286253.png (563KB, 861x990px) Image search: [Google]
1448549286253.png
563KB, 861x990px
>>323164017
Christ, you're fucking autistic.
>>
>>323157524
I remember nothing of Uncharted 3 except that the old woman wanted Drake's pendant or ring.
Now you ask me about Uncharted 1 and 2 I remember most of them.
>>
>>323164405
At least I'm not choosing to be negative all the time and then complaining about how shitty my life is :)
>>
File: 1442328399892.jpg (47KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1442328399892.jpg
47KB, 500x375px
>>323165215
>projecting
>>
>>323165396
So you're not negative? That's the spirit buddy!
>>
>>323165604
http://www.youhaveautism.com/
>>
File: Orc tricks.png (1023KB, 1179x446px) Image search: [Google]
Orc tricks.png
1023KB, 1179x446px
>Play through Uncharted 3
>Game is fucking all over the place near the middle
>Talbot is just magic, none of his shit is explained beside the hallucinations
>entire ship section is pointless, completely fucking pointless to the story
>hurr we put on a shipyard in the middle of the ocean because we had set piece ideas
>after you finish it up drake just goes on with the story
>whole last bit teasing a djinn
>Arab protectors from indy
>Finally get to the secret city
>lol the pot got dropped no djinn for you

I have never been madder having to suffer through the terrible combat that was thrown at you over and over again, with sparse and easy puzzles and exploration in between, only to not even get an ounce of mysticism, just fucking drugs. Could of just had Drake doing Opium in that last part.
>>
>>323164964
I remember most of the set-pieces because they were fucking amazing. The burning building, the ship graveyard, the ship sinking, the plane and desert...
>>
>>323166575
Oh yeah, the transition from the plane to the desert part was pretty cool too.
>>
>Golden Abyss Boss fights were swipe time events

Fucking launch titles amirite?
>>
>>323166284
I though Talbot was an escaped djinn from the city who used Marlow to find his brothers and free them and at the end Nate would get a wish and save Sully or some shit like that. Instead the big secret was LOL DRUGS!!11 XD.

Even worse than the shitty LOL RADIATION!!11 XD in Golden Abyss.
>>
>>323166992
Yeah, it was basically a tech demo. I failed those stupid qtes a lot because my screen would stop registering the input after a while.

>last boss is like 20 qtes and if you fail you start from the beginning
Man, that was shit.
>>
>>323167123
Anon your version is gold. That would of been great. I can't believe it but that solves most of the games inconsistency right there. And Djinn are backstabbing jerks so this totally works.

I also thought it was gonna end up with Drake making a wish too.
>>
>Drake in 2
Fights to Defend himself

>Drake in 3
Straight Murderer

Anyone else feel this way?
>>
Tfw I lent Uncharted 2 to a "friend" before even playing it myself and he never returned it

Fuck you Mark
>>
shit games
>>
>>323167502
>>323167123
>>323166284
>implying Talbot and his mother's death scenes weren't part of Drake's hallucinations
>implying they aren't still alive and will be in uncharted 4
>>
>>
>>323158169
I just found out that Talbot was suppose to be some sort of illusionist. I always thought that he was weird as fuck, why did he survive that gunshot and Cutter was making comments about it? I thought they were building something bigger like a organization is people who are immortal or something, but nope. Why did Talbot started running away from Drake when he would have just turned around and knock him there. Even Marlowe was saying earlier that Drake shouldn't make a scene.
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.