[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

alright fags help me out with some tips this game i'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

File: 2KGM_XCOMENEMYWITHIN_cover.jpg (32KB, 238x337px) Image search: [Google]
2KGM_XCOMENEMYWITHIN_cover.jpg
32KB, 238x337px
alright fags help me out with some tips this game
i'm getting my ass beat
>>
>>323150706
Are you getting your ass beat in the battles or in the logistics?
>>
File: 12494.jpg (175KB, 600x412px) Image search: [Google]
12494.jpg
175KB, 600x412px
Shoot the aliens.

Don't get shot.
>>
>>323150767
logistics

seems the aliens leap ahead and i haven't caught up

fucking losing nations

shitshow
>>
>>323150839
Really, man u bad Op
If by now your already losing nations then you probably figured out you need workshops, satellites and satellite uplinks asap as they give cash and low panic
Leave the gene labs for later in the game, buy a foundry and cyber lab, get a mech a research the extra inventory slot
>>
>>323151076
i am fucking terrible at planning ahead

i always end up running out of money
>>
>>323150839
How far in the game are you?

One of the most important things to do in the early game is building satellites. You should be building 2 or 3, maybe more, satellites a month and sending them up near the end of the month to keep countries from leaving the program. Satellites also have the added bonus of increasing how much money you receive each month, making the next month easier to buy a bunch of shit to keep your soldiers equipped.
>>
>>323150839
Skip lazors and go for plasma.
Workshops and satellites first.
Engineers are far more important that sciencist, srsly, engineers are a bottleneck, you need them for make things cheaper, build, and unlock shit.

Get engineers.
>>
>>323150706
-Build satellites and satellite facilities.
-No, really, build satellites and satellite facilities.
-Launch satellites just before the end of the month so that you can know where they’ll be needed.
-If you are playing Enemy Within don’t rush mechs and genetics; good old laser weapons and other basic-tier vanilla tech are still the early game priority.
>>
File: 1451157515635.jpg (11KB, 236x177px) Image search: [Google]
1451157515635.jpg
11KB, 236x177px
>>323150706
>fags

rude
>>
should i even bother with capturing and interrogating aliens?
>>
>>323153051
Probably. It will usually increase speed of some researches. But don't risk your soldier for it.
>>
>>323153051
The South America regional bonus makes autopsies and interrogations complete instantly. In which case, of course you should do them all.

Otherwise, some are good, some aren't worth your time. Check online for the ones which specifically aren't worth it.
>>
>>323150706
Spam satellites.

You always do this.
>>
Getting access to build the Firestorm is always one of my priorities...you will need them to take down larger alien ships
>>
- Stay behind max cover
- Ignore scientists, go only for engineer rewards
- Pump satellites as fast as possible
- Go for USA base bonus
- Frog move with your team and keep a few on Overwatch
- Ignore laser tech, power on through to plasma pistols
- Capture thinmen/the small aliens for their plasma pistols
- Save often and reload every time a squaddie dies or goes into shock
>>
File: where do you think we are.jpg (221KB, 700x525px) Image search: [Google]
where do you think we are.jpg
221KB, 700x525px
>>323152432
>>
3 satellites and one satellite uplink per month is enough (4 satellites when you get the adjacency bonus)
it's not the end of the world to lose a couple nations
>>
>>323150706
git gud
>>
>>323153051
You have to capture certain aliens to progress in the storyline anyway. So you are gonna build the alien containment no matter what, might as well capture some aliens when opportunities present themselves.
>>
>>323156867
git gud luck
>>
File: yeahnah.jpg (29KB, 344x291px) Image search: [Google]
yeahnah.jpg
29KB, 344x291px
>>323155690
>Save often and reload every time a squaddie dies or goes into shock
>>
>>323151076
>>workshops
stop giving advice
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.