[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the easy mode build ? I was told Ludwig's holy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 9

What's the easy mode build ?
I was told Ludwig's holy sword is OP, is that true ?
is fact, just gimme the equivalent of pyro+master key
>>
File: 1450564103283.png (41KB, 256x384px) Image search: [Google]
1450564103283.png
41KB, 256x384px
scrubwigs sword, or whirlinig memesaw
>>
>>323143732
49th Bloodborne thread this morning already

For gods sake cant you people play something else
>>
>>323143914
wtf r u playing if u count bb threads?
>>
>>323143732
>game of the year edition

the salt remains eternal
>>
>>323143732
Hold-L2-to-win Saw
>>
>>323143732
There are no gifts and no unbalanced sorceries. The game is easy enough so just pick a weapon you like and use it.
>>
>>323143732
g i t
u
d
>>
>>323143732
Ludwig's HS is overpowered, but it depends on your playstyle/skill with dodging whether or not you'll have an easy time with it.

Some people don't like close range and use the elongated Hunter's Axe. R2 spin2win.

>>323143892
>>323144051
Isn't that a late-game weapon?
>>
>>323143732
saw cleaver untransformed and HP make the game way too easy. Damage is too high, and you can keep enemies stunlocked for days. At least that's how it was when I played it. I don't know if they nerfed any items or anything.
>>
>>323143732
Ludwig's Holy Blade is good. Sawblade is supposedly broken too, but I never bothered with it.
>>
>>323144349
>Isn't that a late-game weapon?
You can get it after beating like 4 bosses.
>>
Ludwig is good but it's shit compared to saw cleaver. People are biased against saw cleaver because it's a starting weapon, but it's definitely the best in the game.
>>
i didnt like ludwigs for most bosses, way to slow for me. But its pretty amazing for normal enemies.
>>
>>323143732
Axe. Spin 2 win.

Against beasts: toothed weapons and fire paper
Against kin: thrusting weapons and bolt paper

Hunters garb by the Oden Chapel has the highest frenzy defence and will save your ass against certain enemies and certain areas.
>>
>>323143732
>game of the year edition
Does every AAA trash do that even if they didn't win a single award?
>>
>>323144525
Two bosses
>>
>>323144993
this

Hunter Axe fucking rekts people and you can get knock downs on bosses like the shadows and gascoigne with the R2 powered up
>>
>>323143732
Hunter's Axe, spam charge R2 like a scrub for most of the game.

When that doesn't work do one R1 and back off like a pussy-rinse repeat.
>>
Real easymode is if you've beaten the game already to rush into the DLC area and grab amygdalas arm there or some other good weapon. If you haven't played the game yet though everything goes.
>>
Get kirkhammer early

spam sword attack and if something wont get stun, transform into hammer and hammer him down
>>
Threaded cane and hunter's pistol, baby.
>>
>tfw Threaded Cane and BoM on my first playthrough right now
Anything else I should be using? BoM seem super fun but not the most effective on huge bosses. Rolling Skill and dropping some in Arcane for BoM
>>
>>323146614
Church Pick is great.
>>
>>323144361
Pretty sure is Saw Spear, not cleaver. For reference, you get the Saw Spear in the Central Yharnam. The area where you first mean Eileen the Crow. You cut down 2 items hanging on chains on the top floor and they drop to an area with rats at the bottom floor. Top floor (and Eileen) are accessed by a a hidden window/door covered in barrels and shit.
>>
File: 1.jpg (132KB, 500x731px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
132KB, 500x731px
The two cheesiest weapons in the game are

Pizza Cutter
and
Bowblade.

The game really wasn't balanced around ranged weapons, so the Bow is pretty much invincibility mode. While you can pop a Beast Blood Pellet and melt anything in five seconds with the Pizza Cutter.
>>
>>323147767
both are pretty much the same in a lot of ways, cleaver lacks thrust but it does higher damage in non xformed mode, is better for a str build damagewise, has a good utility xform mode for hitting heads, enimies above you, underbelly of tall enemies that you go under ect.
>>
Blades of Mercy is the master race, that dash attack is clutch
>>
>>323146614
If youre using those, then youre doing a Skill build. If youre gonna grab BoM, personally, Id grab them late, by doing the full Eileen quest. That way you can get the Hunter of Hunters Rune which is really useful for maximizing the BoM because of their drain on stamina. The rune recovers stamina faster. Other good skill weapons are
-Reiterpallsch (like a Rapier) which is located at Cainhurst Castle which you might miss on your 1st play.
-Burial Blade (Scythe)you have to beat the final boss to obtain)
-Memekuyo, (Sword and dagger) which is arguably the best skill weapon in the game, but requires DLC, and the headache of fighting TWO of the most annoying enemies in the game, at the SAME TIME!

Honestly, just enjoy Threaded Cane and try to look thoroughly enough so you can access Cainhurst on your first go and get the Reiter.

And personally on every play through, I grab 10 Vit intervals FIRST before any other stat. Like, Get to 20 Vit, then level skill/strength/blt, etc. Then get 30 Vit, then more skill/str, and so on. HP is much more vital than it is in Souls series.
>>
>>323143914
I didn't see you complaining about gazillion of Undertale and MGSV threads
>>
>>323148202
What do you call Pizza Cutter exactly ?
>>
>>323149368
whirligig saw
>>
>>323149368
Its official name is Whirligig Saw. But it's affectionately nicknamed the Pizza Cutter.
>>
Easy mode is understanding the weapon upgrade system and the stat scaling system.
This is the case in every Souls game. If you upgrade properly and as early as you can and you properly build for that weapon then you'll steamroll the game.
>>
>>323145295
Three? Gehrman, Amelia and Ludwig.
>>
>>323143732
yes, but pizzacutter is more
>>
>>323150346
you dont have to beat Ludwig
>>
>>323150346
You don't need to beat Ludwig.

It is 3 bosses though.

Cleric Beast/BSB
Father Fartmoney
Amelia
>>
>>323150486
why would you have to beat Cleric/BSB
>>
File: 1447824204879.jpg (18KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
1447824204879.jpg
18KB, 540x960px
>>323150486
>Father Fartmoney
>mfw
>>
This is my first playthrough, and I just beat Rom. I'm pretty stoked.

What level do I need to be to do the DLC?
>>
File: cutter borne.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
cutter borne.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
post webm
>>
>>323143732
I watched some play through of this game and it looks really amazing. Kind of regret ruining the game now.
>>
>>323150571
You can't access the Grand Cathedral without either buying the key you get from the badge that Cleric Beast drops, or using the sidedoor in Cathedral Ward that only opens after killing BSB.
>>
>>323143914
Do yourself a favor and buy a PS4
>>
>>323143732
>Game of the Year Edition
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqMblpSqhgM
>>
Roll with Ludwig's, it's the perfect weapon for a first-time playthrough. It's got solid stats and the moveset is really very versatile, so it can handle most situations.

It really comes down to preference, because while there aren't a whole lot of weapons in the main game, they're all quite powerful and within the same range.
>>
>>323150684
Those Boom Hammer/Beast Cutter hunters in the nightmare may be my favorite encounter in the game. It's just so atmospheric. You can feel their insanity, practically taste their blood lust. The way the beasts cower from them, it's clear they're quite sadistic, and their frenzied screams -- "More blood!"

It's perfect.
>>
What happened at the fishing hamlet? Wtf is Kos and why is it dead/pregnant?
>>
>>323152296
Kos was a Great One that was worshipped as a deity by the people of the Fishing Hamlet.
One day Kos washed up dead. It most likely died in pregnancy/childbirth because it took so much effort to produce a viable child.
At some point (it's not clear if it was before or after the death of Kos) Byrgenworth heard about the Great One in the Fishing Hamlet and came to investigate and study both it and the transformed people of the hamlet. Byrgenworth basically ruined the village in their research.
In response to this the Orphan of Kos and the people Fishing Hamlet cast a curse upon the Hunters that would pass down through the generations. It's not clear if this curse is the scourge of the beast or the blood addling that drives hunters mad. It's more likely that it's the latter, as the theme of the Hunter's Nightmare is blood addled hunters, and that the scourge of the beast existed in ancient Pthumeru in some form.
>>
File: CU8kJ9eUAAAYV_m.jpg (170KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
CU8kJ9eUAAAYV_m.jpg
170KB, 600x900px
>>323143732
If you're not doing PvP, the boom hammer is quite good. The lit charged attack has ridiculous range and does fire damage. You can cheese everything in the game.

Beast cutter is better than the threaded cane if your not going arcane. It has serrated damage and does more stagger.

>>323148202
This guy is right though, those two are objectively the best.
>>
Is that a good idea to do a full tank character, with vitality / endurance ?
And how about a mage build, with arcane ?
>>
>>323150609
I usually do the DLC immediately after beating Vicar Amelia. But for your first playthrough, just go when you get your weapon to +7 or higher(or do a some of the chalice dungeons to get good gems)
>>
>>323143732
Ludwig Sword is great for singleplayer and bosses but is exploitable in PvP
>>
>>323150895
BSB is optional. side door opens up after next boss once you reach cathedral ward
>>
So are they going to make more DLC?
>>
>>323156019
Since they released the GOTY edition, probably not
>>
File: punishedblondie.jpg (37KB, 396x351px) Image search: [Google]
punishedblondie.jpg
37KB, 396x351px
bloodborne doesn't really have an easymode build

but go for the axe and only put points into vitality until you have 50, then strength and other shit

get the badge atop oedon chapel for fire paper on the insight vendor

use beast pellets and only R2 a lot
>>
>>323155443
As ever in souls games, vit and end are definitely worth investing in or possibly (soft) capping out, but you can't really make a "tank" build no. There are only two shields in the game, and only one of them is worth a damn (and thats only because it blocks non-physical damage as opposed to physical). And plenty of bosses and even some regular enemies can still smash a vit-capped character into the ground in a single combo string, so dodging is the name of the game

Arcane on the other hand can be pretty viable, though the only "spells" you get are cast through useable items and most of those only come in a ways into the game. Likewise, the DLC did add the Moonlight Greatsword which, as ever, is perfect for arcane builds so there's that as well
>>
Game of the century?
>>
>>323156321
end is definitely optional. having aroud 15 or 20 is more than enough. lots of people have it at base lvl
>>
>Opting for easy mode in a souls game
Why do people do this?
>>
>>323143732
Any strength weapon really and then vitality level ups. You can effectively tank everything, stagger and regain everything with the greatsword with this.

Actually every souls game's easy mode is are builds because you can destroy poise easy with them.

Have you tried fighting iron golem from dark souls with a dex weapon?
>>
1-Pick the Saw Cleaver when you can choose between the 3 weapons
2-Upgrade it as much as possible
3-At some point you'll get Tonitrus, an electric mace
4-Upgrade it too, but give priority to the Saw Cleaver
5-Up your stats just enough to wield these 2, then only upgrade stamina and health
6-Alternate between them because sometimes the electrified Tonitros will outdamage the Saw Cleaver

There, saved you a lot of disapointment. These 2 weapons outclass every weapon in BB and you'll only regret spending resources on them.

Oh, and for ranged arms, only use one of the 2 starting ones: the blunderbuss usually staggers the enemy even if you dont get the parry window correctly, so its the better choice.

I guess if you have leftover materials you can fuck around with other weapons, but they're shit anyways.

Oh, and dont forget that in BB you can charge the R2 attacks.
>>
>>323160789

Saw Spear is much better than Saw Cleaver and available right at the start of the game.
>>
>>323143914
36 million units sold and 1 game to play on it
no we literally can't play anything else
>>
>>323143732
Just Do a build where you put all your points into STR, VIT, and END
Use the hunter's axe
EZgaem
>>
>>323161191

Though to be fair PS4's one game is pretty damn good.
>>
>mfw Pat grinded himself to maximum caps

Why do people enjoy doing this shit
>>
I'm on NG+ right now, finishing the chalice dungeons before moving on to the DLC.

I have to say, the chalice dungeons aren't that bad so far. I'm on layer 3 of the defiled chalice, so maybe I haven't gotten to the really bad stuff yet.
>>
>>323162301
>mfw he read the whole guide before DS3 is even out
>BUT I CAN'T AVOID SPOILERS WHEN I GO INTO SPOILER THREADS ON NEOGAF
>>
File: 1451222809178.jpg (6KB, 227x225px) Image search: [Google]
1451222809178.jpg
6KB, 227x225px
>>323144037
it was my game of the year so it counts
>>
>>323143914
WHAT SOMETHING ELSE?
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.