[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does /v/ like The Secret World? Ive never seen anyone talk about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 7

File: tsw.jpg (83KB, 1123x783px) Image search: [Google]
tsw.jpg
83KB, 1123x783px
Does /v/ like The Secret World?

Ive never seen anyone talk about it but in my opinion its one of the better MMOs out there right now.
>>
I bought it during the sale. Haven't played it yet.

I hear it's great as a singleplayer game.
>>
I honestly never gave it a moments thought until I watched a Game Dungeon episode about it. I'd play it if it was more balanced for single player play. I don't care to play MMOs.
>>
Eh. Its okay. The combat leaves a lot to be desired as it moves awfully slow and you will die a lot.

The story is pretty good though! Its just, most people I talk to tend to give up around Egypt (the second area) just like I did.
>>
I only picked it up right after they had apparently just toned the difficulty down significantly on a whim because it was on a Steam daily deal.

It's a good single-player game, yeah. The investigation and sabotage missions really show how Funcom used to be a developer of single-player point and clicky type games until they decided to go after the World of Warcraft MMO audience.

Population is like an old MUD instead of an MMORPG--small scale. Dungeons and Raids are sort of loot scoots, and they're sort of like the easier tier content you'd see in a game like Rift or WOW.

Voice acting is surprisingly decent and writing is alright. I wouldn't call it "GREATEST RPG EVER TOLD" but it is entertaining enough.

And don't be surprised when an NPC turns out to be gay. I swear it just keeps happening.
>>
>>323140201
It's just a shame 80% of the game is having to deal with the incredibly mediocre combat and its bad animations.
>>
Combat is shit, but quests are great.
That's all there is to say about it.
>>
>>323140401
You can single player it.
>>
File: 1187544887114.jpg (9KB, 317x240px) Image search: [Google]
1187544887114.jpg
9KB, 317x240px
>>323140770
>don't be surprised when an NPC turns out to be gay. I swear it just keeps happening.

>my face when the biker dude and that cop
>>
File: 1450977178703.jpg (16KB, 190x185px) Image search: [Google]
1450977178703.jpg
16KB, 190x185px
>>323140201
>Buy this to play with a friend
>A fuckton of quests take place in solo instances
>Spend at least 1/2 of the time just waiting for each other to finish instances
It's fun but holy shit making an MMO heavily based around SP and making the SP required is fucking stupid.
>>
>>323140201
Nah man.

Played it for like 8 hours.

It boring, poorly written, and too complicated even for an MMO.

I would just save time and leave it to die man.
>>
>>323141654
Ive already put 110 hours into it
>>
>>323141834
Oh fuck.

Well, life well wasted I guess?

I'm hardly the one to talk, I have 157 hours logged on GMod purely from Dark RP, and 357 of Rust, and I suck as Rust,
>>
>>323142038
Im enjoying the game still

I want to atleast get past Egypt
>>
>>323140201
No. Most of the shit is Singleplayer

IN AN MMO
>>
I enjoyed the quests and characters, but the combat was so awful I couldn't get past that first starting city.
>>
>>323142147
I have no fucking idea what you are talking about.

I started a fem as Illuminati or some shit, and couldn't stand if.

I'm more of a Dark Souls fag though.
>>
>>323142456
Why are you so drunk?
>>
>>323142617
Because I was having drinks at the pub after work, for seeing a mate at work off on his last day.

I'mma miss that Hindi motherfucker.
>>
>>323140201
>opinion its one of the better MMOs out there right now.
It's one of the deader MMOs out there right now and funcom has sucessfuly run it into the ground over the last few years.

t. disillusioned old player.
>>
>>323142702
So you decided to write it in your name field...becuase?
>>
>>323142147
Egypt is where I stopped a long time ago. I really liked the earlier areas like the town during holloween, the school, and that time travling house. A lot of Savage Coast and Blue Ridge Mountains is boring fighting the same 2 enemies a hundred times. Especially since they're full of slowing totems that force you into combat.
And a lot of Egypt is super boring because half the enemies are blatant texture swaps. Cultist are just zombies, cult leaders are just infected, mummies are just zombies you need to kill on a time limit. The only good part is the investigation mission that takes place right inside the lair.
>>
>>323143389
I think It will get better If I make out of Egypt. I looked at some of the end game areas and they seem much more appealing
>>
>>323140401
its absolutely balanced around playing alone, senpai. game is way too easy in a group. also the whole questing is very much about atmosphere, something that gets completely lost when going into the usual questing-habbit with a group just grinding down the quest-log
id say its pretty much a singleplayer game trapped inside an MMO closet
>>
File: nursery.jpg (380KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
nursery.jpg
380KB, 1920x1080px
Still playing and enjoying the new issue.
Egypt is a a hard part to pass but is worth it for Transylvania.
Just hope they don't make the new grind for 10.10 obligatory for the story. I can bring myself to do the dungeon and raid again after farming for 10.05
>>
>>323143389
egypt is the games weak point. the next area is where its at.
>>
File: seekret.png (3MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
seekret.png
3MB, 1600x900px
>>323140201
Great as a single player game. Puzzles are legit. Egypt drags but Transylvania was pretty great.
>>
>>323144250
Is there anything after Transylvania?
>>
>>323145215
Not when I last played. I think they finished the original planned story at some point by adding in Tokyo? Google is too far away, can't reach it. Too much effort.
>>
File: Fuck this.png (75KB, 581x330px) Image search: [Google]
Fuck this.png
75KB, 581x330px
>play it with a friend
>reach Egypt
>pc died
>hold the game until i do a new pc
>finally got the money for the pc
>want to say the news at my friend
>2 weeks ago

>he's offline everywhere
>>
File: 1403148479579.gif (919KB, 170x196px) Image search: [Google]
1403148479579.gif
919KB, 170x196px
>>323145739
RIP
>>
>>323145215
Tokyo just got completed
>>
>>323145739
He fucked with the Orochi
>>
>>323148646
We were actually planning to atually get all Orochi quests and get their clothes.
You can say that.
>>
I want play this game until the end but I can never find someone to play through with. Isn't there a /v/ group or something?
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.