[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where would you set GTA VI and why?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 103
Thread images: 9

File: GTA.jpg (41KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
GTA.jpg
41KB, 480x360px
Where would you set GTA VI and why?
>>
Atlanta
>>
>>323135838

>any southern trash heap that isn't New Orleans

get real kid
>>
>>323135838
I agree with this guy
>>
>>323135790
just needs to be vice city 2 imo with vaporwave elements
>>
>>323135790
Not gonna happen because V is already in Los Santos but my shitty 100k population city that is around Los Angeles but not really in it. It has a good mix rural and urban areas with a varying level of social classes and there's even a fucking ranch with horses in my suburban area.

Since I cant pick that though let's go for Alaska
>>
>>323135910
New Orleans does sound way better than Atlanta now that you mention it
>>
>>323135790
If they returned to San Andreas and Liberty City, there is no reason why they shouldn't return to Vice City.

Set it in the mid-90s and have a new protagonist play as an undercover cop infiltrating Tommy Vercetti's crime organization.

Either that or remake GTA: London.
>>
>>323135790
>Where would you set GTA VI and why?
Las Vegas

come on
>>
>>323135790
Australia.

Seriously.
>>
I know that satirizing American culture is a huge part of what makes GTA what it is. But having it set in a different country would be really neat.
>>
GTA6 will be set in Los Santos, Liberty City and Vice City and will be purely online.The more shit you do in one city raises a permanent wanted level that forces you to operate in another city until it wears off. Your entire crew could be forced to relocate, pitting you against existing crews in the city you move to.

You heard it here first.
>>
>>323136319
>driving around Aussieland
>nobody in sight
>cars are always parked
>kangaroos and dingos freely move around the towns
>go to an NPC for a mission
>"H-hey, got any work?"
>"G'DAY MATE, I GOT SUMFIN FOR YA. GET ON THIS HERE INTERNET AND SHITPOST ON 5CHON"
>all the missions are literally shitposting on the internet
>>
>>323136539
Sounds like shit cause I have no friends and just want a single player game
>>
>>323136638
"OI YA DIDNT POST THE POO JOKE"
>>
>>323136216
Going to be DLC for GTAV eventually...maybe
>>
>>323136695
Well just imagine it but offline and you can build your own syndicate.

In retrospect, I kinda like that anon's idea. Maybe a better version of MGSV's motherbase system where you can do shit in all three of the GTA cities.
>>
File: image.jpg (114KB, 452x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
114KB, 452x640px
>>323136319
>>
>>323137114

Kill, your, self.
>>
File: image.jpg (46KB, 475x589px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46KB, 475x589px
>>323136539
Lol get a load of this faggot. You don't have insider knowledge like i do.

Only one anon has gotten it correct and that's only because he worked with R* and got fired and threatened with a lawsuit shortly after. This was in a thread about 2 months ago. I personally didn't know him but Rockstar hit the panic button and apparently Sam houser personally grabbed him by the shirt collar and threw him out.

>Source

My best friend works in R* San Diego and tells me shit when he's shit drunk.

Rockstar combs the entire web looking for potential employees leaking stuff. It also happened on gta forums before the release of IV.
>>
>>323137226

So what's the actual truth then? Tell me faggot.
>>
>>323136825
>Mission failed.
>>
>>323137358

I'm going to trip up.

But first I have to ask if you know of any /v/ archives that go back to the past 2-3 months.

I would much rather you read it yourself. I'll still find it for you if you can give me an archive link.
>>
anywhere, as long as its futuristic
>>
>>323137784
I'll give you niggers 10 more minutes before I go to bed. If not you'll end up with only what I can remember from somebody with a horrible memory.
>>
>>323137910
>neo-Paris
>no Mosques in sight
>>
>>323138804
I'm fine with this
>>
>>323137910
They will literally never go futuristic, ever
>>
>>323139007
Alright fuck it. Since i or any other anima can't find an archive that goes back 2-3 months (could have been longer than that) I'll just write up what I can remember.

Give me a sec
>>
>>323139031
http://gamerant.com/futuristic-grand-theft-auto/

>We will do it the very second we have an idea. One of our strengths is the consistency of the game world. We’re not necessarily the best writers in the world, but we [know] how to write a video game. When we decided to make a Western, it was because we knew we had something to say, we have no interest in going into science fiction for the sake of flying cars and laser guns. The best science fiction stories are those that speak about the human condition.”
>>
>>323138926
after the great holy war
>>
>>323136013
>not Colorado
>>
chicago and gary indiana, with some midwest countryside and forests
>>
70's Detroit
>>
>>323139349
and the great lakes of course, maybe just throw detroit in there too
>>
>>323139358
and because that would be the most interesting setting they could do.

tired of the faux celebrity, parody of vapid yuppies shit. how about a game about real people for once.
>>
VC 2.0 in the future with a e s t h e t i c s.
Maybe it would actually be playable then.
>>
>>323139138
So never, besides 99% of the audience plays it cause for the modern realism not for future nerdy shit
>>
>>323137910
>cyberpunk city
>calm ambient in the background
>*smacks lips* NNNNNIGGA
Not sure if it can work. Maybe if they hire better character designers and writers.
>>
>>323139031
they already did
>>323137910
I would love to see a re-imagining of whatever the fuck GTA2 was going for.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnOHiyUL7xk

The thought of a cyberpunk GTA fighting against or alongside the Zaibatsu is fun
>>
London and Essex

Danny Dyer to voice the main character.

Missions that literally rip off famous london and essex crimes such as the essex boy murders.

The satire would be amazing.

By including essex in here you would get a big variety of areas and landscapes.

It would be awesome
>>
Is there a Phildelphia analog in GTA world? The city is already a shithole, with a decent non-urban arra around it.
>>
File: image.jpg (72KB, 500x612px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
72KB, 500x612px
>80s Vice City/Habana (rockstars shitty parody name for Havana)
>2 protagonist. 1 being a 30 something year old Cuban smuggler the other being a young dirty undercover cop from VC
>Heavy focus on Chinatown wars like drug dealing with expanded mechanics that has you smuggling drugs from Havana to VC using boats/planes/ and those submarine like vehicles from V
>drugs have their own physical properties and weight and aren't just icons or numbers on a screen. Example: high speed chase with the cops and your trunk pops open with cocaine flying everywhere with packages busting open. Example 2: buying bigger properties is actually important to stash more drugs
>Everglades and windboats are in
>Something called the "smugglers view" which is basically a menu where you can control your foot soldiers as you build your empire (same with dirty cop that climbs the ranks in the vcpd as you progress)

I'll try to remember more but that's the Geist of it.

The anon that was fired from R* posted all of this as if he were a regular dude coming up with ideas but R* caught on.
>>
>>323139031

GTA 2 was set in the future. However if they decide to do it again I don't want them to make any cyberpunk shit like other anons have mentioned over and over in these threads, we don't need another Saints Row abomination.
>>
>>323135790
Midwest aka Chicago Wisconsin Indiana Lake Michigan Iowa Minnesota
>>
>>323140076

That would be awesome but like most "fired devs" that was just an attention seeking faggot, R* have already mentioned more than once that they will stay in the present for now and how could they not? They basically shot themselves in the foot with GTA online and all the selfie, social networking bullshit that normies and children enjoy, GTA will never be the same because of this.
>>
70's San Fierro
>>
>>323140124
We don't need another GTA# abomination either but we'll get it anyway.
Saints Row isn't cyberpunk, retard.
And cyberpunk is great when done right.
>>
File: Nirvana-90s-grunge-fashion.jpg (298KB, 600x743px) Image search: [Google]
Nirvana-90s-grunge-fashion.jpg
298KB, 600x743px
>>323135790
>Seattle

I want them to go back in time again. Preferably a Seattle based game that takes place in the late 80s, early 90s during the grunge rock movement. Main character being some Henry Rollins type guy who quits his shitty job at a pizza place to get involved with one of his favorite bands. Band ends up being involved with some real nasty underground type dudes and the game launches from there. There could be a Frasier type radio show that plays. Tons of shitty early 90s music. Big blocky cell phones. All that great shit.
>>
>>323140076
I'm fine with this
>>
>>323140426
>That would be awesome but like most "fired devs" that was just an attention seeking faggot

>>323137226

Don't think my best friend would lie a it something like that to me but hey you never know...

Anyway I'm going to bed. Hope you enjoyed the info. Gn anons
>>
>>323140124
>>323140124
Volition didn't really give care about what it was doing to the SR brand or world and just wanted to have ayy lmaos in their game.

Rockstar would have better production value with the cyberpunk archetype and would probably go for something like a Watchdogs approach where it's essentially what we have now but with higher technology (eg. Holograms, smart weapons, maybe some bullshit super ai). If not that maybe it would go full blown futuristic sci-fi but would try to lighten the mood with gang culture where green and purple people are thrown into the mix.

personally if Rockstar decided to go futuristic, I'd be happy with a Deus Ex approach sprinkled with whatever "satire" they would want to bring to the table.
>>
>>323137226
>>323140076

In retrospect this sounds legit since every other idea in this thread sounds completely fucking stupid
>>
>>323135790
Montreal
>>
>>323140796
I still weep for saints row after 3 and 4. 2 was better than gtaiv. I thought Saints Row was finally going to dethrone gta.
>>
>>323137910
Don't really need to. Set it in Hong Kong or Dubai or some other very new city.
>>
>>323136638
>walk around like nobody business
>suddenly you fell, screen turns grayscale
>BLIMEY in red colors appears on screen
>you were bitten by a poisonous spider
>>
>>323141628
this. Montreal or Toronto, Detroit, Chicago.
>>
Present day Vice City with a neo-80s atmosphere. Because obviously.
>>
St-Louis
>>
I really like the ideas being floated around for a vaporwave or futuristic Vice City, so that.

>>323141947
I'm in the minority, but I really, really liked SRIV. The aesthetics were great, the movement powers were fun, and the alien tech was enjoyable.

The Third and IV are easily better than GTAIV. Saints Row embraced the wacky bullshit from the GTA 3D trilogy, while GTAIV abandoned most of it for "realism" that sucked half the fun out.
>>
File: trash.png (154KB, 559x556px) Image search: [Google]
trash.png
154KB, 559x556px
>>323142697
>neo-80s
>>
>>323135790
Mexican border

>act 1 takes place in texas

>act 2 is in mexico

>act 3 allows you to travel to either side of the border.
>>
>>323136013
What city?
>>
>>323142809

>"It's popular and some people take it to the extreme, that's why I have you dislike it."
>>
Cape Town, South Africa.

Geographically it has everything. Sea, mountains, rolling wine lands. Table mountain would be an awesome location, it even has a cable car.

Crime is huge here too and a game has never been set here so it would be unique.

You play as a black taxi driver who turns to a life of crime. You start in the townships (slums for those of you who don't know). You start with brutal, low-level robberies within the township but eventually graduate to taking on the city proper and targeting the rich whites.

There are so many possibilities. Its ridiculous that no one has thought to set a game here yet.
>>
>Chicago
>New Mexico
> Portland
>San Diego
>>
>>323142889
this
>>
File: scared-scrubs.jpg (140KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
scared-scrubs.jpg
140KB, 600x400px
>>323142889
>southeast texas
>mexican gangs everywhere
>cross over into mexico
>los zetas
scary
>>
AUSTRALIA
>U
S
>T
R
>A
L
>I
A
>>
>>323135838
>>323135917
Literally nothing to do in Atlanta
>>
>>323140076
Didn't Rstar say that every new GTA would be set in modern times?
>>
>>323143129
Didn't we recently get a Mad Max game?
>>
>>323142282
I laughed at this
>>
>>323142973
>You play as a black taxi driver who turns to a life of crime. You start in the townships (slums for those of you who don't know). You start with brutal, low-level robberies within the township but eventually graduate to taking on the city proper and targeting the rich whites.

So San Andreas basically?
>>
>>323143097
>gun smuggling
>drug smuggling
>people smuggling
>corrupt cops
>corrupt politicians
>white supremacist gangs patrolling the border for immigrants
>'not' trump trying to build wall
>big business exploiting illegals by making them work for less then minimum wage.
>contrast between Mexican slums and gated Texan neighborhoods

>you alternate playing as a Mexican immigrant trying to live the american dream and a texan rancher who's family is murdered by drug cartels.

The game pretty much writes it's self.
>>
>>323142973
Nigga, you know what happens when dudes in Africa find out they're going to jail? Pull some insanely violent or daring shit that would get them some respect from the other prisoners. That would be a hell of a mechanic for a game like this.
>>
>>323143494
Rockstar says a lot of shit like sp dlc coming to 5
>>
>>323143750
I live in Houston so I'm bias in wanting this to happen.
Too bad Cali is the only place Rockstar writes about.
>>
I want it set in Vice City because I'm an unoriginal fuckstain who's afraid of any kind of change. If it's not set in a city that's already been done before, I'll throw an autistic bitch fit.
>>
Gritty 1970s Liberty City, like you'd see in a Scorsese film.
>>
>>323143957
>Too bad Cali is the only place Rockstar writes about.
Yeah, because as we all know, New York, Miami, London, and New England are all in California.
>>
>>323144805
Oh, and I forgot that Brazil is also in California. Crazy Californians and their favelas.
>>
>>323135790
Up your mom's ass.
It's an expansive, immersive world.
>>
Oregon or Tibet
>>
in south africa
>>
>>323140076
If that were true I would cry.
>>
>>323136319
>tfw nogunz
>>
>>323142282
>BLIMEY
That's poms you fuckin dropkick. It'd be CRIKEY or STREWTH.
>>
tow next gta won't be for another 10 years.
>>
>>323143182
Worlds busiest airport.
>>
anything thats not liberty city
>>
>>323136180
>there is no reason why they shouldn't return to Vice City.
Modern Miami is boring and they seem set on keeping things in the modern day.

I'd kind of like an 80s/90s VC with period analogues to modern technology (like a C64 hooked up to a BBS or a Win95 machine on geocities styled sites, old brick phone, etc.) but that's hilariously unlikely.
>>
File: wdg.jpg (48KB, 630x420px) Image search: [Google]
wdg.jpg
48KB, 630x420px
>>323135790
In deez nuts.
>>
>>323135790
England.
No guns.
No knives.
Few cars.

Just you punching muslims and running from bobbies on foot.
>>
>>323135790
Would be nice to be vice city BUT most likely it will be liberty city

Rockstar already said it won't be
>london
>las venturas ( las vegas )

so everything else is just a guess, said liberty city because rumors say about it.
>>
>>323139814
> big variety
> shitty green and brown countryside
> beach where the water is brown
> always raining
>>
>>323142973
Pretty sweet idea desu
>>
>>323135790
detroit or chicago
or both in a fictional city
>slums in detroit
>a once prominent motor city dead
>lots of cool urban decay to explore
>tons of niggers to kill
>chicago skylines and city shit
>expensive cars
>lots of buildings
etc.
i just really like those 2 cities
it´s pretty obvious 6 is going to be vice city anyway
>>
>>323137226
was it the gta liberty city DLC?
>>
1960's San Fierro aka San Francisco during that acid wave hippy movement. The youth of the nation flocked to San Fran to be a part of that peace loving flower child shit, but soon the city took a downward spiral thanks to speed and acid. The streets were filled with drug addicts and crime. It would be cool, and would be a nice change from the boring modern era settings of 4 and 5. The great thing about Vice City and San Andreas was the feeling of being in a a time capsule of decades past.
>>
Tulsa, Oklahoma
>>
In the future in some city with great infrastructure

>self-driving cars
>segways & hoverboards
>cycle lanes in the sky
>travelators for pedestrians

a load of shit that makes every method of transportation viable
Thread posts: 103
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.