[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Assassin's Creed 2017 rumor is false

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 7

File: Florence_Rooftops_Concept.jpg (709KB, 1500x838px) Image search: [Google]
Florence_Rooftops_Concept.jpg
709KB, 1500x838px
I'm a real developer from Ubisoft Montreal Studios. I've been worknig since the first Assassin's Creed. And I can confirm that the other 4chan user falsely claiming to be a developer was lying about the rumor that there will be no Assassin's Creed in 2016.

We already have an Assassin's Creed game 40% ready in development that's due to 2016 release. Exact release date has not been decided. We still have a lot to do. This AC game will be set in Rome, Antioch and many other explorable locations, where we play in the footsteps of Marcus Junius Brutus. The game is set between 68BC and 49BC. Events include the fall of Seleucid Empire, the assassination of Aretas III, Lutatius Catulus, Battle of Pistoria and so many more.

The game will have on foot and naval combat. Horses and boats are back as well. And naval battle is much more enhanced this time. We also have a lot of unique features in this game. This is our most ambitious project ever, and I can promise that you've never seen ANYTHING like this. This is a totally different game. The entire assassin and templar ideology was different and they were just in their early phases of development. This is also the most dark and gritty game we've developed in years.

The historical side of the game will explore on the dark mysteries of the Shroud of Eden that was never known. The modern day arc will remain hidden for now, but we'll provide more details in the coming months. Expect more details around April. And you can screencap this whole thread because unlike the other 4chan user, I'll be back after March. Do NOT thank me. It was never my intention, but I couldn't stand while some nobody makes false claims about our hard work.
>>
>>323131890
yh but journalists have semi-confirmed with their own sources that the other guy was correct.

so nah.
>>
>>323131890
How does it feel to watch the series you have created become objectively worse with every release?

Is it like having a retarded child? Where you love them at first...but now you just pray for someone to kill them to release you from your hell?
>>
>>323131890
fuck ass greed
>>
>>323131890
>the stories and and information here are artistic works of fiction etc.
>>
>>323132668
Same way i feel about COD, Halo, FF, Pokemon, and most recently, the Souls games. Though, cautiously optimistic about DaS3. BB didn't do anything for me, but i didn't hate like DaS2
>>
>>323132668
>>323131890
Man I remember when the first assassins creed came out I just WISHED for a sequel, and fuck, look what we got. Guess you should be careful for what you wish for. Honestly the series should have ended after 2, or it should have atleast had a 3 or 4 year gap between the games. Anyway op, I don't know if you're really from Ubisoft, but I think its odd that someone from Ubisoft would browser this cancer of a website. Makes me skeptical.
>>
>>323133102
my bad meant to say browse though im sure you figured that out
>>
>>323132668
>BB didn't do anything for me

maybe you liked souls for the wrong reasons
>>
>>323131890
>Naval combat
Please no.
>>
>>323132401
Kotaku never had journalists who had our info. The Syndicate leak was passed through Kotaku that's why they managed to post that leak over the internet. But Kotaku took that advantage to fool gamers in future. Plus, we never hand target footage to a random insider in our studio.
>>
>>323133761
>random insider
>journalists can not contact people who work at companies
>>
>>323132668

I haven't worked on Syndicate, but everyone liked it. So I don't think our series is failing. Plus, majority of our fans love playing AC every year. It's not like we're making one game in one year. Each game takes at least 2 years for development. Our upcoming game had seen 5 years of development with a totally new engine. I'm sure you'll enjoy the game when it comes out.
>>
>>323134164
Doesn't matter. The news from Kotaku is false. You'll realize that in 3 months from now.
>>
>>323131890
>We already have an Assassin's Creed game 40% ready in development that's due to 2016 release

Go away fag, Ubisoft already confirmed there is no AC this year and the next one in 2017 will be set in Egypt.
>>
>>323131890
I can see that being a potential setting, but I still don't believe you are telling the truth.

I just cannot see them going back to the setting of Rome, even if in a different time period, when it has already basically been done in two AC games before, one in which the entire game took place in the renaissance city.

I would actually love a roman setting though, especially with an AC-style game, and I think going back to the basics with swords would be welcomed because all these guns and gadgets are getting really fucking tired.

I think AC games belong in ancient history, and the more modern the games get the more boring and tired they become. There are so many historical periods that an AC game could be set though, but I would love to see one revolving around Julius Caesar / Brutus, etc.
>>
OP is lying. Isn't even from Montreal I bet.
>>
File: kung pow the video game.jpg (357KB, 800x1159px) Image search: [Google]
kung pow the video game.jpg
357KB, 800x1159px
where's my fucking orient creed game you slut
>>
OP is and always will be a faggot

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/there-wont-be-a-big-new-assassins-creed-game-this-/1100-6433500/
>>
>>323135016
>kung pow the video game.jpg
:^)
>>
OP's setting is more believable than Egypt. We all know Ubisoft never allows the "weird" places to feature in a full dudebrocreed game. At best they get 2.5D platformers that everyone forgets.
>>
>>323135047
>suddenly /v/ trusts video game journalists when it protects their worldview
>>
>>323135220
How does asscreed skipping a year protect /v/'s worldview?
>>
File: DemolitionMan49.jpg (19KB, 266x199px) Image search: [Google]
DemolitionMan49.jpg
19KB, 266x199px
So why are you posting this here, instead of an actual news site that is preferably not Kotaku?
>>
>>323135220
Ubisoft themselves confirmed it retard.
>>
>>323131890
Assassins creed Japan when?
>>
>>323135303
>suddenly /v/ trusts ubisoft when it protects their worldview
>>
>>323135406
Kill yourself
>>
>>323135314
2.5D platformer only. Japan scares dudebros.
>>
>>323133102
Hey fuck you. Ac 4 is one of the best games I've ever played
>>
>still no assassins creed set in feudal japan
do you guys not like money or what? you keep making them in the most bland shitty settings that nobody asked for. black flag was a fluke im sure
>>
>>323135626
>ac4 is one of the best games I've ever played
Underage pls go and stay go
>>
>>323135626
You should build up that portfolio, senpai.
>>
>>323134409
Syndicate sold like shit though. Plus most of AC fans left after the mess that was 3. I know I did.
>>
File: _callofduty.jpg (574KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
_callofduty.jpg
574KB, 960x540px
>>323135626
Is this a photo of you?
>>
>>323135303
>http://www.denofgeek.com/games/ubisoft/38394/assassins-creed-next-game-set-in-egypt-delayed-to-2017
>"Of course, without official verification from Ubisoft, we'll have to treat it all as a rumour for now"
>http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/01/04/assassins-creed-empire-allegedly-launching-in-2017-watch-dogs-2-in-2016
>Ubisoft has issued an official comment to IGN, stating, “We can’t comment on rumor or speculation. We’re always happy when players are excited about our games, past, present and future. In the meantime, we hope that the latest images from the Assassin’s Creed movie set will keep fans of the franchise happy and eager to find out more!”

Found the Kotaku staff member. Tell Jason to walk into oncoming traffic.
>>
>>323135626
Wasn't that game after all the garbage sequels to AC2? Maybe you're (partially) right. Maybe Ubisoft has to make 3 garbage games for every okay game.
>>
>>323134691
No we didn't confirm it. Only Kotaku said that from sources they never even told you about.

>>323134767
I'm not lying. We already had plans to feature AC games having the same location at different eras. This is our second game like that. the first game where this idea was implemented was ACSyndicate (Jacob and Lydia at two different time).
>>
I can also confirm that WATCH_DOGS 2 is coming in either 2016, or early 2017.
>>
>>323136102
Are there any feminine penises in this game?
>>
>>323136102
you seem like a good guy Dave, I screencap'd it. When they announce this game at E3, I'll post it in your memory.

Also, is Watch Dogs 2 going to be address the criticisms the first game had?

One last thing, can you give me any info on the new Ghost Recon? I'm dying to see that series make a comeback, been a big fan since the original.
>>
>>323136254
This post does nothing but exacerbate any and all doubts I have of this being even remotely true
>>
Ok I will bite.

I know it is a marketing decision for the games to be easy as fuck to appeal to the lowest denominator. Is there however going to be a change? Like a hard mode you could activate which emphasizes stealth and improves enemy AI?

In short, are AC games going to be enjoyable and challenging gameplay wise?
>>
>>323135314
I have no idea. We haven't decided future settings. A lot of decisions have changed last year. So, whatever setting you guys thought was probable, are no longer the potential settings. We are aiming to get a setting that would have a link with the Modern Day arc. The reason ROME (different places outside rome included) was chosen was to explore more on the Shroud of Eden's healing capability. Ok, I'm going to spoil a little bit of it: The Shroud of Eden can't revive a dead human because is First Civilization DNA is too low. However, for a sage (whose First Civ DNA is 5% give or take) that's a different story entirely. And the Modern story Arc will be much more vast this time.
>>
>>323136387
sorry, I have no idea regarding the development details of watch dogs. i know the potential release date because my friend works there. However, Jonathan is really busy working on the new watch dogs from what I hear. I'm sure the next game will be a big hit.

we don't have any special mode in the game. but we are constantly tweaking the game to appeal both the hardcore and other fans who just want the general experience of peaceful exploration.
>>
Does anyone know how I can trigger the event where the cops apprehend you in Syndicate?
>>
File: 1440680731276.jpg (66KB, 477x324px) Image search: [Google]
1440680731276.jpg
66KB, 477x324px
>>323135756
>>323135808
>>
>David
Pfft nice try, but that's my name
>>
>>323137853
>calling someone underage is leddit when leddit allows in the kiddies
Hmmm
>>
>>323131890
I still cant believe news outlets are SERIOUSLY sourcing a /v/ post on one our fake dev threads.

What the fuck is gaming journalism?
>>
>>323137924
Don't listen to this guy or OP, I'm David.
>>
File: tenochtitlansd.jpg (347KB, 1574x420px) Image search: [Google]
tenochtitlansd.jpg
347KB, 1574x420px
On the chance you aren't full of shit, aztec asscreed fucking when?

Jumping around Tenochitlan would be rad, and there's tons of neat natural locations with lake texcoco, jungles, swamps, and deserts.
>>
>>323138383
there are other shapes than rectangles
that looks boring af
>>
can you retards just make a sequel to assassins creed syndicate what the fuck, syndicate already has a fucking modern day story, you retards need to team together and make a coherent story, not fucking singular shit
>>
>>323138383
This, would be an awesome setting and might give the series a bit of fresh air.
>>
>>323138670
The Aztecs liked rectangles, and that's basically how most cities look these days anyways.
>>
>>323138341
David is not my real name.
>>
>>323135808
>mlp hat
>>
>>323140862
where
>>
>>323135267
4chan is the only true news site left.
>>
>>323138383
>Flower Wars Creed
>>
>>323131890
>Brutus
you dropped the ball
>>
File: 1448086294349.gif (3MB, 359x202px) Image search: [Google]
1448086294349.gif
3MB, 359x202px
>this is what history majors do in their free time
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.