[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Heroes of the Storm bad? If yes, then why?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 103
Thread images: 8

File: heroes-storm1.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
heroes-storm1.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
Is Heroes of the Storm bad? If yes, then why?
>>
It's surprisingly okay
>>
it's overwhelmingly mediocre
>>
The paywall is too big
It's super casual and dumbed down
>>
>>323127389
>paywall
The fuck?
You know those extra mounts aren't needed, right?
>>
It's fun.
>>
>>323127462
don't the heroes cost like 10$ each
>>
It's a fun casual game, you can have fun if you're not too serious about it.
>>
>>323127619
why would you pay real money when you can get them with the ingame gold
>>
File: tychus.jpg (123KB, 500x376px) Image search: [Google]
tychus.jpg
123KB, 500x376px
>>323126829
HELL IT'S ABOUT TIME
>>
>>323127389
It's definitely too big if you're trying to unlock all the heroes.

If you focus on just a few that you like, it shouldn't take you very long to get them.
>>
>>323127747
Getting in game gold takes a fucking shit ton of games compared to the other games of this genre.
>>
>>323126829
That cover looks cool
>>
>>323126829
Community is far less cancerous than LoL or DOTA2, games take less time and doesn't have the complicated builds that the other two require.
fun/10 would play.
wish the skins was cheaper tho...
>>
>>323126829
Yes, for two reasons, build depth for characters isn't as great as the talent system wants to lead you to believe, and the playerbase is somehow some way more cancerous than LoL.
>>
>>323127747
Because it takes fucking ages to get even one hero
>>
It's definitely more casual than most of the other popular MOBAs, but I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing. Obviously if you want a lot of depth you should look somewhere else.

Personally I hate how fucking long matches are in DOTA. The short matches in HOTS are a blessing.
>>
>>323126829
Personally, I think it's pretty fun when you get the right hero, although that can be said for any MOBA.

I like Zagara and Lunara a lot personally.
>>
>>323127862
thats not true.
leveling your account and leveling characters gives you a fuck ton of gold, by the time you are level 30 and want to start doing ranked you have enough gold to buy half of the cast.
there are a lot of heroes at 2000 and 4000 gold
at account level 2-3-8-10-20-25-30-35-40 you get 2000 gold
and you get 500gold for every heroe you get to 5 and 750 if you get them to 9.
is incredible easy to get heroes.
>>
- easy to jump in
- somewhat fun mechanics

It became my daily fix, dota 2 is fun and all, I enjoyed the thrill and stress but at the end of the day it's too much of a time sink. After I picked HoTs I found myself actually finishing my other games.

I'd say it's a decent game if you aren't too serious about it.
>>
>>323126829
its a moba that should answer your question
>>
>>323126829
Not good if you're already too deep into another MOBA, pretty good if you just want something to play every now and then and not have to devote tons of time too.
>>
Yes.

Because its a MOBA.
>>
I wish they did a better design for Diablo, though. His current design in HotS is rather underwhelming.
>>
It's good, because Blizzard characters, and casual.

>>323127862
Try playing the game, idiot. You know people that play mobas play them all fucking day. I did one quest a day, sometimes stopping for weeks or months, I still had enough for most of the heroes, including all the ones I wanted and the gold mounts. I easily have enough for the next hero that comes out.

If you wanted, you could play all AI games and still make gold from daily quests.
>>
>>323128725
Have to agree looks ugly as fuck to boot. I'd pay 10$ for a sexy female diablo..
>>
File: Diablo.png (341KB, 388x512px) Image search: [Google]
Diablo.png
341KB, 388x512px
>>323129034
Well, they could have either gone with that design I posted or this one. This one actually does look intimidating as fuck. The current one's just a weird demon lizard with a weird face.
>>
>>323128725
I feel the same way about arthas. Very unfun to play and doesn't look as cool as he does in WoW. His master skin has demon horns, for some reason?
>>
>>323126829
STILL no Kel'Thuzad
>>
>>323128725
>D3 Diablo never ever

It's a shame, Diablo is really fun and good too.
If I ever get back into HotS I would maybe even pay for that
>>
>>323126829
Its fun, not that hard to get into.
Which is good because it wont attract the toxicity that is e-sports and its band of spergs.
>>
>>323128725
>>323129034
What are you guys talking about, female diablo looks terrible. At least they went with the oldish design even though they made it with the cartoony d3 shit.
>>
>>323126829
It's a for-fun ASSFAGGOTS with an overblown budget.
Blizzard wants it to be the next LoL when it has the audience of Battle Party, which is objectively more fun.
>>
File: hotswallpaper4.jpg (147KB, 1200x731px) Image search: [Google]
hotswallpaper4.jpg
147KB, 1200x731px
>>323126829
Only Moba worth playing in a decaying genre. It manages to precipitate the genre elements down to basic elements like talents which makes for a fun game to pick up and play with your teammates.
You can actually focus on teamwork instead of the aged old mechanics like farming and supporting like a little bitch.
>>
>>323129178
One thing that really irks me is the inconsistent character design. Sure they are all true to character but seeing one anatomically correct character next to miget mcstumpy designs is annoying. All their characters would be worlds better scaled properly.
>>
>>323129440
Well, I stated I preferred >>323129161 more. I'm not totally familiar with Diablo, it's just that I think either way, the current Diablo could use a much different skin.
>>
It's okay. Probably the most enjoyable moba I've played. The matches are fast, the characters are cool, and the maps are fun, but it's let down by messy balance and busted matchmaking.
>>
>>323129484
Agreed, it also doesn't help that they blew their load with AAA rank characters at the start of the game and now that they learn and grow with this game these old characters get left in the dust visually and mechanically. So we have literal who's that look or play better than arthas, diablo, raynor, etc etc.
>>
They rly hyped this shit up
>>
There is no build variety at all. Talents are useless because there is always an objectively better choice so you play heroes the exact same every single time, and everyone else does too.
>>
>>323129920
This. Most people love to spout the rehtoric of loving not hving to know items, but ignore the fact that you go onto hotslogs and build your character exactly the same way as everyone else in your game, every time. That or you lose, some characters are put to near useless level if they dont get that one specific ultimate.
>>
>>323129920
>>323130195
Thats why its just a fun game still but not that hard to learn.
>>
File: Typical Thrall.png (751KB, 846x567px) Image search: [Google]
Typical Thrall.png
751KB, 846x567px
I like it. Games are short and sweet and the map objectives add some variety even if the heroes themselves are kind of boring.
Heroes like Abathur and Cho'gall make the game much more memorable though. Hopefully we see more like them in the future. Lunara is pretty interesting with her deer hop gimmick. But controlling her is a pain in the ass because of it.

I've become very disenchanted with Dota 2, and as much as I hate HotS for not being Dota 2 I don't want to play Dota 2, which is weird.
Custom games just don't really do it for me, hopefully that improves over time though and we start seeing maps like WC3 custom maps.
>>
>>323127862
This.
>>
>>323127862
Not really. The daily quests kind of make up for it, not to mention characters are the only thing you spend gold on. No runes or any of that crap.
>>
>>323130661
>No runes or any of that crap.
This. People ragging on the currency are usually people that don't know or don't play, or also think they're entitled to the Master Skins for free.
>>
>>323127389
>casual and dumbed down
No. Whole discussion about that here:

http://arch.b4k.co/v/thread/321954057
http://arch.b4k.co/v/thread/321959104
>>
>>323130785
The majority of the master skins are shit anyway.
>>
>>323130785
You don't get much for hitting 10, and 10 takes so damn long anyway. They might as well make them free now that every character has better skins than master skins.
>>
>>323127462
It has the slowest and least consumer-friendly grind in the genre
Are you retarded
>>
>>323131046
It's more about showing off than anything.
>>
>>323131215
How much different is it in comparison to LoL? Considering you get bonus gold from dailies I don't see what isn't consumer-friendly.
>>
the matchmaking is (and always has been) pure dog shit. also the hero league ranking system must have been designed by an actual retard.

other than that, it's fine.
>>
>>323131364
Matchmaking is always garbage in ASSFAGGOTS.
>>
>>323130860
The regular designs are usually really good anyway.

>>323130785
If they cared one bit more than me they'd have already unlocked everything you can buy with gold, and I'm as casual as they come.
>>
File: dawngate2.png (431KB, 530x298px) Image search: [Google]
dawngate2.png
431KB, 530x298px
Yes, a casual assfagots is doomed from the start.

EA learned quickly and those jews shut theirs down before it could spend another penny.

Blizzard is gonna hemorrhage cash with this.
>>
>>323130785
>don't know how to play
I guarantee you're probably really average at ths game and are defending it for that reason.
I can almost promise you I'm better at this shit game and every other game in this genre, so get off your high horse.
>>
Yes, because Smite is better
>>
>>323131346
LoL is shit too... The only acceptable MOBA is Dota 2, but the community it still cancer tier.
>>
>>323131346
HOTS is much grindier than LoL even after factoring in the dailies AND bonus for hero levels.
>>
>>323131593
Fuck EA. Dawngate was fun.
>>
It's the most fun assfaggot on the market

sadly it's still a assfaggot
>>
It's faster but somehow it's also more boring.

Grinding for characters takes forever.

Being Blizzard restricted somehow limits the interesting characters.

Not alot of reasons to keep you playing.
>>
>>323131686
So what's the only acceptable game for every other genre?
Really? Acceptable? I get that not having to pay for heroes is a plus but having a shit community is really hindering to a multiplayer focused game.
>>
>>323131710
How much RP do you get per match as opposed to gold you get from HotS?

I'd also like to point out that you are forced to buy a certain amount of points when buying shit in LoL and you just pay upfront in HotS without any fake currency bullshit.
>>
>>323131773
But how can that be when a 100% free Cartoon Network ASSFAGGOTS exists that actually has matchmaking and leaver compensation?
>>
>>323131851
Anon, I'm rank 1 in hots and like, plat 3-4 in league. I can promise you the community in HoTs is just as bad, but what's worse about it is the players are all noticeably fucking terrible compared league and dota2. It's probably the worst of the worst.
>>
>>323131686
>Dota 2

Having all the characters at the get-go is nice, and having it be the nicest looking MOBA is also a plus, but everything else about it is shit.
>>
>>323132049
But do they all speak english?
>>
>>323126829
It's bad because it designed to be boring and casual.
Pretty much like heartstone.
I tried to play it for a week and it was a complete chore.
After some time it feels like you just doing shitty daily quests like in every mediocre MMORPG out there.
I laugh at people who think that shit can be competitive,again same with heartstone.
>>
>playing hots with a friend
>he keeps talking about how much he played WC3 back in the days and is really into the lore and all
>other team has an Arthas on our lane
>"why does Arthas look like the lich king?"

Overall, though, the game is a fun 10 minutes once in a while.
>>
>>323131851
All MOBa's has shit community m8
>>
>>323131686

>Dota 2

Has the map editor been released yet? It has the potential to turn it into WC3/SC scenario map madness all over again. Footman Frenzy, Mafarazzo, Element TD, X Hero siege, those anime fight chink maps. Can't wait to play them all again.
>>
>>323132285
All multiplayer games have shit communities. I struggle to think of a good one.
>>
>>323132124
I have played them all. Dota 2 is the best MOBA out there mate. It's just the best...
>>
>>323126829
I really enjoyed it. Throw about $20 into it and played about 200 matches.

Been busy with work and Rocket League so I haven't playing in a few months, but I look forward to picking it up again in the spring.

7/10
>>
>>323132357

Fuck even single player games have shit communities. Even VNs have shit communities.

Humanity is shit in general after all.
>>
Fun as shit, but flat and lacking in depth.

Great for a pick up and play party game. Not great after extended hours of play.
>>
>>323132352
The editor was released but it hasn't really reached the WC3/SC scenario yet. I can't put my finger on it but I haven't found any custom maps that really pulled me in.

Overthrow is pretty cool, but there's only so many heroes that are actually viable for it.
>>
>>323126829
I only play Anub
he my nigga
>>
>>323131346
It's just a lot slower than LoL, even with all the bonus gold.
The fact that dailies contribute to your gold income also makes it less consumer friendly (when comapared to a general first win of the day system, for example) because you don't get your gold unless you play what blizzard tells you to.
>>
>>323132569
Conversely, they give out a load of free character unlocks. So long as you keep up to date with the game and the rest of Blizzard's titles, they will often give out lots of free shit for HotS.
>>
>>323132569
It's slower than LoL, but matches themselves are also shorter than LoL games. You can get gold by reaching certain milestones too. But expanding your playstyle I wouldn't really say is consumer unfriendly.

That's like playing Dota 2 and getting upset when you need to fill a specific role for your team. It's not like you have to play those three games in a row anyway.
>>
>>323132756
The only gold that comes from matches is completely insignificant.
>>
>people ITT actually using the term MOBA instead of ASSFAGGOTS
>/reddit/
>>
>>323132892
I'm not talking about the matches. LoL matches are the only way to earn RP so no shit they offer more.
>>
>>323132986
Yes, and like I already told you twice, with all sources of points/gold combined together, you get it a lot slower in HotS than in LoL.
>>
>>323132569
>>323132892
>gold that comes from matches is completely insignificant.

Oh you want that new hero that just came out?
It costs 10000 gold and you only have 1000.
Feel free to grind 900 bot games to get the rest of 9000 gold!

Suck blizz cock and maybe they will give you decent dailies, bring down number of bot games you have to play to 100.

LOL
>>
>>323133164
That doesn't really make sense though. You would think all the ways to make gold like leveling characters to 5 and shit would compensate for the piddly game win gold in comparison to a game that only offers RP through game winnings.

It's been years since I played LoL, but I remember heroes like Fizz taking a fuck-ton of games to unlock.
>>
>>323133390
You would think, but it doesn't.
It's IP by the way, RP is the real money points.
>>
>>323133449
Speaking of real money, I have to say I like how you can pay what you want in HotS upfront instead of having to buy a set amount of RP when all you want is something cheap. Then you have leftover RP you can't do anything with.

It's lame.
>>
>>323133390
>You would think all the ways to make gold like leveling characters to 5

That is the blizzard/activation jew scam. You think you are getting more when you actually are not.

Its the same shit in other blizzard game hearthstone.
>>
>>323129161
Legit surprised if this isn't his master skin. Rule of thumb seems to be:

1>take something on the hero and make it BIG
2>take something on the hero and make it GLOW

That pic fits both criteria.
>>
>>323133990
500 gold is a lot more than 30 gold. By the time you grind up to level 5 you will have a couple hundred gold already.

In the long run it isn't a lot, but you'll be able to unlock the cheaper heroes in no time. Especially when you have the free roster of level 1's.
>>
>>323133990
>>323133338
kill yourself
>>
File: 1448955605980.png (52KB, 1048x1076px) Image search: [Google]
1448955605980.png
52KB, 1048x1076px
>>323134157
Stay mad blizzdrone
>>
I really enjoy it, you can get by without paying anything you get a lot of gold in early ranks to buy a few characters and there is always a generous amount to play for free (which rotates)

I have bought my favourites, spending about $20 on the game (everything was 1/2 price over Christmas) you get about 20k gold by the time you get to rank 30 which can buy a few heroes (brand new ones are 10k, the oldest ones are 2k others are somewhere in between).

Matchmaking (quick match) is shit but gets better when you reach level 30 and can play ranked matches and discuss team composition, it's like the filter for time wasting retards so the games are usually good and close.

It has a lot of character I enjoy it when Heroes from the same franchises interact with each other and it's nice to see elements from different games. I was very cynical going into it but it is a well made game and doesn't take itself too seriously (generally thought of as WoW for babies).

Some of the outfits for the characters are pretty good and include alternative spell visual effects which I enjoy and it's nice to see characters from franchises I don't play anymore like WoW.
>>
>>323130829
>no last hitting
>no items
Dropped already
>implying I'd read 2 threads about obvious shit
>>
>>323134791
Yes, spending 50 minutes farming NPCs is such a good game design
>>
>>323134930
It is, unless you're an ADHD. Also it's not 50 minutes, learn your shit first.
>>
I've played ~200 hours of it.

Whilst it has potential to be great fun and secure its place in the ASSFAGGOT market the following things let it down.

>When your ping drops the game starts having 0 FPS like drops in the game where the game randomly freezes. This is due to the Starcraft 2 engine being a piece of shit.
>Matchmaking is in general a piece of shit, I'm not even that good of a player (Diamond 2683) but I'm matched up with bronzies that dive in 1v5, ignore objectives and generally instead of focusing an overextended carry they focus the tank. Top HOTS player Srey agrees that matchmaking in this game is garbage.
>Connectivity issues where the game will randomly drop out with no warning leaving you to wait ~3 minutes in order to even reconnect.

Honestly whilst it has potential to be good, Blizzard is dropping the fucking ball real hard.
>>
>>323135650
Also unlike games like Dota 2 and LoL where your team are retards but you can still win on the basis of being a fed as fuck carry. HOTS makes it that you are unable to carry to any extent, whilst this in theory would make for a more teambased game it usually means that you're strapped to a sinking ship made of retards.
>>
I don't think it's a bad game, I just can't feel invested into the game when the only strat there is depends on the map type. Even league and smite have more depth to their mobas.

I enjoy playing HOTS with friends, but fuck the way the game FPS chugs when youre latency goes up and fuck the business model. $10 for a single hero?

You know you fucked up when Hi-rez of all companies has a better business model

At least blizzard can afford it I suppose
Thread posts: 103
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.