[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>he picked the staff

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 112
Thread images: 9

File: choose.jpg (39KB, 499x421px) Image search: [Google]
choose.jpg
39KB, 499x421px
>he picked the staff
>>
Literally reddit: The game
>>
>>323125391
>he picked KH
>>
>>323125391
Shield fag reporting in
Proud and critical mode runs 4ever
>>
>>323125391
It's the minmaxers choice, gives you the most MP, and that shit matters. Final Mix did have the decency to nerf it by changing up the levels at which you learn important abilities and thus potentially making the beginning/midgame easier for shield/sword paths.
>>
>>323125391
The fact that Kingdom Hearts exists and has become such a sensation among some is a total mystery to me.

Like nothing about its existence makes a whole lot of sense and its popularity makes even less imo
>>
>he chose to gimp himself by not using the staff
>>
>>323125974
>implying staff isn't the gimp
It only gets good at the end of the game, nigger
>>
>>323126767
lol i bet you pick sword
>>
File: 1412147519881.png (212KB, 612x465px) Image search: [Google]
1412147519881.png
212KB, 612x465px
>>323126903
You're damn right I did
>>
>>323125864
It's Disney combined with Square Enix characters with anime aesthetics.

It was begging for autists.
>>
>>323127041
>i need a crutch for early game kingdom hearts
>>
>>323127192
>I want to take twice as long to get through the shit part of the game due to low damage
>>
File: 1446440525051.jpg (427KB, 800x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1446440525051.jpg
427KB, 800x1000px
>he didn't pick staff, gave up shield and began at night
>>
>>323127426
c a s u a l
>>
>>323127781
>making the end of the game easier
>getting the OP abilities sooner
And I'm the casual
>>
>>323127845
the end of the game is easy no matter what you pick, you're just making the beginning easier too
>>
>>323127898
Refer to my earlier point
>arbitrarily spending more time in the shitty part of the game
>>
>>323128017
git gud
>>
>>323125864
>>323127129
You both realize KH is one of the most normalfaggy games on the market?

It's more widely known and liked by normies that ff is.
>>
>>323125391
Shield is best choice.
>>
Wait a minute I thought shield was the best choice for casuals? Don't you get better abilities like Second Chance earlier by doing so?
>picking Sword when Sora already has enough attack power no matter what you choose
>making Sora's combo any higher than 3 or 4 hits
>>
>>323125391
I love how dissapointed he looks at the sword
>this is a sword?
>might as well give me a wooden one
>>
>>323132325
That's not a look of disappointment you literal autist.
>>
Staff is best choice for that extra MP. Sword and Shield bonuses can both be obtained in the game already, but that extra MP could not. Have fun being a magic cripple.
>>
>>323125391
>picked shield
>started at night
Did I do good?
>>
>>323125391
Beat Critical choosing staff and throwing away shield, wheres your god now?
>>
>>323129472

>I like long and boring tutorial-like sections.

I bet you like the Ebon Hawk tutorial and Peragus too, faggot.
>>
>>323132713
Did the same, but was on lvl 1, starting weapon and no items.
You ain't shit.
>>
nth for Osaka team ruining KH III with their inability to make proper combat and bossfights.
>>
>>323132903
I'll take that challenge when 2.8 is released.
>>
>>323132903
I did it blindfolded, sound muted, and being force fed spoonfuls of cinnamon in a burning building you fucking casual
>>
>>323127129
It's Square Enix characters combined with Disney garbage with Disney aesthetics.
The only good part is SE characters. Arguably.
>>
>>323125864
Kh1 was.really.vomfy.and the gameplay was great.
The swries became retarded with its successors
>>
>not getting that extra MP that can't be obtained anyway else

lmfao kiddos
>>
KH is autism
>>
>there are people ITT who didn't choose invincible courage
COWARDS
>>
>>323125391
>not picking shield

I seriously hope you are not a faggot anon
>>
File: Karen salute..gif (987KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
Karen salute..gif
987KB, 500x281px
This thread pops up every now and again, so here we go boys.

First lets talk about what you get for selecting each option.
The sword gives you +1 starting strength, and gives you the highest combo possible.
The staff gives you +2 mana blocks that can't be gained in any other way.
The shield gives you +1 defense and +2 item slots.

In 1.5 the staff is the best early and late game choice for skillset. Gaining MPrage relatively extremely early, and leaf bracer at level 39, just in time for ursula(the first boss who can actually kill you) making you neigh unkillable and able to beat the entire game with general ease. This only becomes stronger towards the endgame, and in combination with the Spellbinder can output the highest damage in the game. For all casual runs of the game you should pick the staff, it excels at everything and has no deficiencies at any time during your playthrough.

The shield is for single-day playthroughs. this gives you all the defensive moves you could hope for and the ability to beat the game without much difficulty at the early level of 27. Yes the shield can literally beat the actual game at level 27. This choice is for runs where you plan to simply beat all the worlds and all the necessary bosses to finish the game, but do not intend to delve further into the game.

Finally, we have the sword. You only pick the sword if you are going for the world record speed run, the sword is lacking in every category except extremely early game offense, The distinction of it giving you the most combos is a detriment, because the combo finisher does exponentially more damage than full combo does, much faster than the combo does it. The reason you must take the sword for world record is because there is no time to pick up stronger keyblade, or str ups in the world record speed, and since you do slightly more damage with the sword and since the game is complete-able with just the sword you have no way to make up for the time you lose due to damage.
>>
>>323125391
i picked the shield because I like defending my friends and the sword sounded like the bad guy weapon :)
>>
>>323125391
You didn't? The staff symbolize man's lust towards phallic symbols, so any proud bisexual, like everyone on /v/ should choose the staff. Those who didn't are pretty much in the closet. No such thing as 100% straight after all.
>>
I will never not be disgusting at Adam Sessler's playthough of KH.

>ugh, a sword, sheild and staff?
>what does this meaaannnn
>this game is shit and poorly designed and explains nothinggg
>>
>tfw taking the combo that gave me scan earliest

I think it was take staff, forsake sword. Having knowledge of how much enemy HP was left always made me play better it felt like.
>>
>>323135637
my nigga droppin that knowledge bomb
>>
>>323134586
>It's Squre Enix garbage combined with Disney characters

Fixed. KH might actually be good if they dropped the Square shit (including the OC do not steal).
>>
>>323137085
>including the OC do not steal
So you just want, like
Epic Mickey or something
>>
>>323135637
thank you, I actually didn't know what they specifically did
>>
File: 1428907167073.jpg (18KB, 176x255px) Image search: [Google]
1428907167073.jpg
18KB, 176x255px
>Picked Shield and dropped Sword in first run of 1.5
>Say something about it in one of these threads
>Some guys says it doesn't take too long to get to where I was with Staff
>Reset, pick Staff, drop Sword
>Get to Traverse Town
>Run ahead to get to the point where you have to fight Guard Armor
>Die
>A lot
>Try grinding
>Soldiers kill me
>A lot
>Give up and go back to my pleb Shield save
>>
>>323137789
Almost forgot to mention that I was playing on Critical both times
and also that i'm terrible at KH
>>
Aqua is CUTE!
>>
>>323125864
KH1 had a really colorful and fun aesthetic with a nice mix of FF and Disney.

Everything took a turn for the worse when KH2. Just look at the pre-release trailers. Everything is black. Everything. There's nothing but black, black, and more black. And all the characters just wear black coats.
>>
>>323137951
The general idea with staff on Darkest beginning on high difficulty levels is to grind in destiny island for a while.
>>
>>323135637
Well fucking /thread
>>
>>323135637
What about which weapon to drop?
>>
File: kingdomshit.png (90KB, 920x786px) Image search: [Google]
kingdomshit.png
90KB, 920x786px
>>323135637
A bit more knowledge for anyone who cares.

Leafbracer (circled in green) is the strongest skill in remix and 1.5 by far. With only think skill you can beat the game with almost no chance of failure.

In combo with MP rage you are unkillable unless you are fighting sephiroth, phantom, or desert optional boss. No other enemy does enough damage to kill you before you gain enough mana to heal.

It is however possible to beat the game with ONLY leaf bracer casually, since only ursala or satan will be able to do enough damage to kill you unless you are actual potato tier.

It's worth noting that taking the sword and giving up the shield gains you a str value only slightly less than if you had taken the sword, with the bonus of having 2 extra mp bars.

Thers not much else to say, physical attacks scale much worse than magic, but the game is really easy since its meant for button mashing children who pick the sword without a second thought.
>>
>>323138081
>Everything is black. Everything. There's nothing but black, black, and more black. And all the characters just wear black coats.
KHII is even more colorful than KH1, you're full of shit.
>>
I always pick shield but damage is the best option.
>>
>>323138984
If you picked staff, you should probably lose the shield. If you picked sword or shield, you should lose the staff.

The reason you pick the staff is because of the superior ability path, and endgame damage, but if you arn't picking the staff then statwise it's the worst option
>>
The real faggots are the ones who legitimately care about what weapons other people pick. Who hasn't played through the game with each weapon anyway and why wouldn't you want a bit of variety and pick a different combination each playthrough?
>>
>>323139020
>all the villains wear the same black cloaks
>the final boss is just wearing a black and white cloak
>Nobody enemies just have boring white and gray designs
Just stop.
>>
>>323139351
There is no "bit of variety" sadly. The sword just has a really really bad skill path locking you out of basic skills for nearly the entire game in favor of giving you combo plus early game which are just really bad.
>>
>>323139351
Because the only Variety is if you want +2 MP or not endgame.
Hence why the other options are for speedier runs.
>>
>>323127041
>staff gets your more MP, something you can only raise with equipment
>shield gets you more items slots, no way to increase this
>swords sacrifices the other two so you can get slightly higher starting str
>when you can craft an unlimited amount of str items
>shield and staff builds can both have max str, but you will always be gimped with shit mp and item slots

good job being an utter retard, sword fags
>>
>>323139543
>Land of Dragons
>Atlantica
>Agrabah
>Disney Castle
>Christmas Town
>Hollow Bastion
>Space Paranoids

Oh I'm sorry I didn't realize the majority of the game's content didn't count towards the palette and only a cherrypicked sample of the cast was representative of the whole game
>>
>>323139543
>>323139732
And lets not forget all of the colorful Heartless (especially in FM), weapons and effects
>>
>>323139557
>>323139596
>minmaxing in a single player game that anyone with half a brain can be regardless
How retarded can you be?
>>
>>323139858
It's not even min/maxing though one option is just blatantly better in every single way.
>>
>>323139858
I mean, why pick a strictly worse option when all options are nearly identical?

The game plays out identically no matter which you pick, except you lose the ability to guard, scan, and get mp back with one of the options.

Like, no silly analogies here. The spicy variety is that you dont get to do things that the other two options do get to do early...? Why would you want to not be able to block for half the game.
>>
>>323139989
So what? With a board that likes to complain so much about casuals, I wouldn't expect people to talk shit about people who intentionally make the game harder for themselves.
>>
>>323125391
1.5 AND 2.5 ON PS4 WHEN?
>>
>>323140202
Who the fuck cares what /v/ thinks?
>>
>>323125452
>Literally reddit:

Hello reddit
>>
>>323140071
If you don't have access to skills you would have otherwise then the game does play differently you fucking mongoloid. Not having Guard for half the game and having less MP forces you to approach situations differently and makes the game more challenging. Why wouldn't you want to challenge yourself you filthy casual?
>>
>>323139626
To be fair, we never knew this stuff when the game first came out.
>>
why does anyone like this game, i wanted to kill myself with the opening sequence with the darkness and poopoo love fruits.
>>
I picked the staff for FM: Proud and the game still wasn't that difficult.
Reverse Armor was probably the most difficult part of the game for me.
>>
>>323140479
Because not everyone hates fun.
>>
>>323140479
>i wanted to kill myself
>over simple, non-obtrusive content in a video game
Seek help
>>
>>323125391
Staff is needed to make magic even worth using
Sword is alright but boring, more damage = faster game
Shield is just plain retard.
>>
>>323140585
Literally shit the bed wrong.
>>
>>323140550
i mean im only like 10 hours in and im trying to enjoy it, but its just so fucking ridiculous. Ill admit the combats decent considering its age, but holy shit the writing.
>>
>>323125391
Staff is the 'oh my god I am killing everything' choice. Sword is the gimp choice, and shield is the casual's crutch.
>>
>>323140746
Well at 10 hours in if you aren't enjoying it, maybe it's not for you.

On the other hand, you're probably close to the end of the game so might as well finish what you started.
>>
Staff is the best in KHFM. Shield is the best in KH2FM
>>
>>323140897
lol, 10 hours isn't close to the end unless you're speedrunning.
>>
>>323140071
Nearly identical is relative when there's like sixty levels between when you get Second Chance depending on your choice.
>>
>>323141012
>unless you're speedrunning
The speedrun is 3 hours man

KH1 is not long. It's like 20 hours or something
Maybe longer if you don't know what you're doing, but the worlds are still small and it's not particularly hard.
>>
>>323141012
You can 100% KH1 in like 15 hours. 10 hours is definitely end game on a casual playthrough unless you get lost in every world
>>
>>323141310
how the fuck is 10 hours to end game casual?

everyone KH game I have played has been around 60 hours first time.
>>
>>323140585
+Shield -Sword gets you better stats in every area than +Sword -Shield. +Sword is objectively the worst possible choice you can make.
>>
>>323141514
>everyone KH game I have played has been around 60 hours first time.
You what

Every KH is like 30 hours MAX, cutscenes included.

Both KHFM and KHIIFM can be completed 100% in about 60 hours.
>>
>>323125391
You wanna fight about it?
+staff/-sword master race.
>>
>>323141964
Even with 19 MP, offensive magic only tickles bosses. It really is disappointing.
>>
>>323142227
Yeah, KH2 did it better, but even there fire and blizzard were pretty bad. Reflect was broken as shit though, even more so than Aero was.
>>
+Sword/-Shield
The man's route
>>
I was actually considering playing 1.5 again. What are the best asset and flaw for postgame? This thread seems to imply Staff for asset, but what is the better flaw between Sword and Shield? I'm not afraid of grinding for maximum optimization.
>>
>>323125391
aren't you supposed to pick sword first then staff second?
>>
>>323142402
Normal Fire in KH2 is shit but drive form Fire is fookin legend.
>>
>decide to pick up the series where I left off a decade ago
>end up playing Days
And now I just have a bitter taste of disappointment in my mouth. Should I bother with the PSP one.
>>
>>323143465
If you liked KH1/KH2 combat, BBS will feel like shovelware ass. If you didn't have a strong preference, you'll probably like it (but not for its writing, lol). If you're playing the final mix of BBM don't pick critical, it's literally GRINDING: the difficulty.
>>
>>323143465
BBS has the most fun combat in the series, so yes.
>>
>>323143465
BBS gameplay is garbage. Just skip it.
>>
>>323143682
>>323143934
Only one of these is correct. It's the second one.
>>
>playing games designed for little kids
>>
>>323142402
The only spell in KH2 that's arguably bad is Blizzard. Thunder is a great long-range sniping option and Fire is a great AoE option that can also deal fuckhuge damage to bosses, so Blizzard being mediocre at both range and AoE leaves it in the cold (heh) for most fights. That said, it's still a great extra finisher for early in the game (on Critical mode where you get a Finisher Plus to start with) and it completely shuts down the undead pirates (including Barbossa, and the Grim Reaper to an extent).
>>
>>323135637
>level 39, just in time for ursula
Excuse me? On no casual playthrough have I ever been close to that level when reaching Atlantica. When I last played 1.5 I barely reached 33 around that point, finally learning Guard which I had sorely missed for the past few hours but couldn't use underwater.
>>
>>323145751
Blizzard can also stagger enemies that would otherwise require a finisher so it has some utility.
>>
File: image.jpg (41KB, 454x321px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41KB, 454x321px
When is this coming out internationally?

They said it would be out by the end of 2015. But then again...

>Square Enix
>>
>>323143465
Days is literally the worst. It can only get better.

>>323143682
>>323143934
Both incorrect. BbS is flawed but still a good time.

>>323146935
The English release was always TBD on the teaser site
>>
File: 7505002521562.jpg (13KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
7505002521562.jpg
13KB, 300x300px
I dont understand the hate for days.
Only thing I can think of is that I had friends to play it with unlike most of /v/
One was a qt mouse of a girl who also loved Org XIII yaoi
The other was a Japanese exchange student at my college, who was a massive westaboo and always wore one of these goofy hats he got at disney world
>>
>>323146935
There was never an official statement saying it would come 2015: that was always fan speculation.
>>323147307
No, BBS is legitimately just shit. I can't even come up with a single fun fight from that pile of shit off the top of my head and the claustrophobic camera doesn't help.
>>
>>323148637
>Only thing I can think of is that I had friends to play it with unlike most of /v/
The only way I can imagine having fun with Days is playing it with friends.

But I'd rather play a different game with my friends.
Thread posts: 112
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.