[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Miyazaki describes himself as a difficult child. “Unlike

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

File: Hide.jpg (32KB, 426x347px) Image search: [Google]
Hide.jpg
32KB, 426x347px
>Miyazaki describes himself as a difficult child. “Unlike most kids in Japan, I didn’t have a dream,” he says. “I wasn’t ambitious.” He eventually found himself aimlessly pursuing a degree in social science at the well-respected Keio University. As he approached graduation, he considered applying to a game development studio, but drifted into a job at the US IT company Oracle Corporation.

>Several years later, he started thinking about video games again. He met up with some former college friends who suggested new titles to play. One was Ico, a mystical fairytale in which players assume the role of a boy who must lead a waif-like girl by the hand along a castle’s craggy ramparts, pursued by their ghoulish captors. “That game awoke me to the possibilities of the medium,” says Miyazaki. “I wanted to make one myself.”

>But Miyazaki had a problem: at 29, he was too old to apply for graduate positions and too inexperienced for anything else. “Not a lot of places would take me,” he says. “From Software was one of the few.” Ema Kodaka, who edits Miyazaki’s scripts, believes this career change, which resulted in a considerable drop in pay, might be why he is held in such regard by his staff. “He is a unique talent,” she says. “In Japan, even today, people usually join a company as a graduate and stay for life. For Miyazaki to change career and, within 10 years, become company president – that’s unprecedented in Japan. It’s inspiring.”

Why haven't you made that video game yet, /v/?
>>
Cause I'm not Miyazaki
>>
>>323115048
Because I can't make a solid narrative if my life depended on it.
It'd be like the worst aspects of Kojima and Nomura.
>>
>>323115048
This me, but too stupid and poor to go to school.
>>
>>323115048
>“Unlike most kids in Japan, I didn’t have a dream,” he says. “I wasn’t ambitious."
wow, so he was like a normal kid
>>
>>323115403
>from software games
>solid narrative

fucking lol, its just vague ideals that fans argue over their meaning copypasted onto a third person action game that borrows heavily from King's Field
>>
>Social science
that explains why there's no happy endings on big M games
>>
can you imagine young micky grabbing that lovecraft collection and going full nuts
>>
>>323115919

But the Souls games do have solid narratives. Good themes too, though DSII is a tad less coherent in the themes department it's certainly intriguing.
>>
>>323115048
Because I've spent too much time training for a practical career and thus have no related skills.
>>
>>323116215
that's because das2 was a badly made fanfic.
>>
>>323115403
>Because I can't make a solid narrative if my life depended on it.

And you think miyazaki can?
>>
>>323115048

That was a long time ago anon, good luck finding ANY studio to take you on nowadays without experience/degree/willing to work yourself to the bone and then some
>>
Friendly reminder that Gehrman fucked Kos. Maria caught him on the shore with his hunter garb at his knees, sand on his saggy ass cheeks.
>>
>>323116454
spot the pc cuck
go make some petitions while you are it
>>
>>323115919
>thinking this

I don't ever see any evidence for there "being no story" in the souls games. Obviously it's obtuse and spread out through multiple pieces like a puzzle, but nobody ever explains how it "doesn't have a story". Do you just say this to make people upset or sound cool? I get the feeling that you've never played kings field either and just sort of parrot what other anons have said before, but I could be wrong.
>>
>>323116551
>Gehrman fucked Kosm

Where did this meme come from and when will it end?
>>
>>323116672
Hey fuck you I own and have beaten every souls game including DeS and bloodborne I of all people am allowed to criticize his writing method
>>
File: 1438117235465.gif (2MB, 300x259px) Image search: [Google]
1438117235465.gif
2MB, 300x259px
>“He is a unique talent,” she says. “In Japan, even today, people usually join a company as a graduate and stay for life. For Miyazaki to change career and, within 10 years, become company president – that’s unprecedented in Japan. It’s inspiring.”

B A S E D
A
S
E
D
>>
>>323115048
Man, Japan's conveyor belt system of getting fresh grads sucks. Really does limit job mobility.
>>
I'm working on it.
get off my dick.
>>
>>323115048
>In Japan, even today, people usually join a company as a graduate and stay for life
This sounds awful.
>>
File: Untitled.png (75KB, 315x518px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
75KB, 315x518px
>funny
>charming
>president of a successful company
>visionary in his field

How much pussy do you think this guy pulls?
>>
>>323119334

apparently the work hours are insane and they expect you to work for crazy long hours, some people say that lots of jap companies have employees that work for long hours even on weekends but they get very little done
>>
Sounds like if you work there you cant leave and apply wherever you want as they won't trust you.

Literally wageslaves, imagine all the poor fucks trapped in shitty companys.
>>
>e3 2016
>sony conf
>stage is all dark
>suddenly, a latin choir busts with heavy fog and a orchestra
>Big M appears on the center
>DEMON SOULS 2
>leaves
make it happen sony
>>
>>323120575
This is why everyone is killing themselves and no one is breeding in japan
>>
>>323120616

I prefer the Sony exclusive souls titles to each be different things but goddamn a DeS2 would be fine af
>>
>>323120303
At least they don't mind if you sleep on the job, since you're expected to work yourself to the point of exhaustion anyway
>>
I am curious to see if he is afraid of moving on from Souls. If he decides to lead an Armored Core project again, will he hope Souls fans will crossover? Will he try to force the online mechanics into another series like other developers have tried in their games but failed?

Whatever it is, I think Souls games deserve a rest for now, I don't want another Dark Souls 2 and having a similar game but in a different setting is fine but still feels too soon.
>>
>>323120616
I'd rather have a new IP that is slightly souls inspired but manages to be its own thing.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.