[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you think about podcasts /v/? any in particular you like?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 277
Thread images: 30

File: just kill me x4.jpg (163KB, 1268x717px) Image search: [Google]
just kill me x4.jpg
163KB, 1268x717px
What do you think about podcasts /v/? any in particular you like?
>>
>>323111361
I like the concept but usually not the execution. SleepyCast is consistently good. That's the only one I listen to anymore.
>>
Nope. Co optional is only bearable because dodger is a cutie
>>
Only Giant Bomb. Co-optional is barely tolerable
>>
>>323111361
I'm not the underaged cancer killing games so no.
>>
>>323111361
Any podcast is fine as long as your completely occupied with something else.
>>
when will TB's hard-on for blizzard end?
>>
Yeah I like the Best Friendcast and the Sleepycast
>>
>>323112737
What do you mean by this
>>
>>323112740
oh yeah, I always just listen to it while playing some other game
>>
>>323111361
Planet Destiny does some pretty good podcasts. They give excellent commentary on the game, both from a studio-cocksucking point of view, and from an average player view.
>>
I wonder who they'll replace TB with once he kicks the bucket.

which is very soon
>>
>>323112747
I give it 3 years tops. :^)
>>
>>323111361
occasionally the bill burr one on mondays because his insane ranting somehow soothes me
>>
>>323112791

The bestfriend cast is some of the most insufferable shit. Pat is literally the most ill informed manbaby, who huffs and puffs when people have differing opinions than his.

Matt just doesn't fucking care anymore. Woolie is just YO FGC. And Liam is the most weeb fucking tryhard who must play every game on the hardest difficulty, and play through the game 3 times in the first week in order to validate himself.

Fuck those guys and fuck that shitty, unfunny podcast.
>>
Co-optional is the only one I like, but it isn't amazing. Always feels like Dodger never wants to criticize games like the other two. Guests are hit and miss too.
>>
>>323111361
I used to like the Super Best Friend podcast, but I worked in a factory over the Summer and literally listened to it for 9 hours a day while I worked.

Didn't take long before I couldn't listen to Matt's downs syndrome anymore; referencing Anime that no one knows or cares about, quoting the same RLM lines over and over again, shouting over everyone for attention.

I hated Liam from the start, but once I hated Matt too, it was half the podcast. I hope someday Pat, Woolie and Plague make their own channel without those other two cunts.
>>
>>323113361
You're right about Pat but otherwise you're totally full of shit.
It's good for news and funny stories.
>>
>>323113752

you can find news anywhere. All they bring to the table are their shitty, uninformed opinions. They're literally just HURR DURR PLATINUM. 3RD PERSON ACTION GAMES. And shitty anime references non stop.
>>
Dodger contributes almost nothing everytime

Jesse is usually good tho
>>
I used to watch a lot of co-optional as well as their old podcast that I forgot the name of but it just became hard to watch
>>323114359 basically what this anon said
I just watch gametrailer's stuff for game news and discussions since bosman and huber are 10/10
>>
mega64 podcast is the only podcast worth watching anymore
>>
Bombcast is good.
Beastcast is good if you don't mind SJW shit occasionally.
>>
8-4 play
4playerpodcast
Giantbomb
Beastcast
Friendcast
That's all I can think of right now, I listen to fill the void during night shift.
>>
>>323114818
Bombcast is way more SJW and papa vinny is based. Just wish it was longer.
>>
I love the:
Super best friendscast
Sleepycast
and
The Giant bombcast
>>
>>323111361
Only videogame-related podcast I listen to is Co-Optional and, but I usually have it as a background noise and pay little attention to it.
I'm listening to the Jon-Tron one right now and I'm surprised: the guy is an absolute idiot. He is consistently not being able to actually formulate a single coherent thought. None of the people involved in the Co-Optional are particularly intellectual people, and they deliberately stylize the whole thing into a very light-hearted, if not frankly stupid thing, but by comparison to this guy they are fucking scholars. Man that is sad to listen to.
>>
JOE ROGAN XPERIENCE FUCK SJW FUCK FEMINISTS JIU JITSU DUDE WEED LMAO
>>
>>323111361
BestFriendCast, Co-Optional, Sleepycast, Cox & Crendor, and WDW Radio.

>>323115253
The dude is about comedy, not about politics. How high are you on that lmao weed?
>>
The TOVG Podcast is good
Cox n' Crendor in the Morning is good
Top Down Perspective is good
>>
I listen to Kite Tales' podcast.

She's Christian and dislikes Anita and silly feminist garbage in gaming.
>>
>>323115065

Nah, Austin brings that SJW angle to the beastcast. I love Vinny, but he's grown more sensitive to those issues. Dan doesn't care. Jeff is just like whatever, and you never hear a peep from Brad.
>>
Used to watch Drunk Tank.
Stopped shortly after when they re-branded to Rooster Teeth Podcast

Decided to start the Bombcast from the beginning

What the fuck am I in for?
>>
>>323115517
I didn't know she had a podcast.
>>
kinda funny and gt time
>>
>>323115625

Energy drink reviews.
>>
>>323115634
You have to be a patron.

I consider the extra content I get to be worth $36 a year. She deserves it more than any Youtuber I've seen.
>>
>>323111361
I don't really watch any of Jontron's stuff, but fucking hell, he came across as such a pleb in the podcast.
>>
>>323115213
I think he's also a bit afraid to screw things up. he got a bit carried away the last time he was in the co-optional.
actually a bit sad, you can see some parts where Jon is afraid to voice his opinion because it differs from the rest, he seems to lack self-worth
>>
>>323115698
They spent a good half hour talking about Tiger Woods Gatorade

When does Vinny join?
>>
>>323115625
Geoff not givin a fuck
>>
File: rip best character.webm (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
rip best character.webm
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>323112591
>it's another Mick episode
>>
It's hard to believe still that they've talked about CoC twice, once by Jesse then from Dodger.
>>
I like Mechagamezilla's, mostly because he's actually a funny person and doesn't just talk shit with his friends.

Like, Sleepycabin, Cooptional, it's all just a bunch of people who know each other having a normal conversation.
>>
>>323115870
To be fair, look at what happened the last time he was on the podcast.

A bunch of whiny faggots tried to get him banned from social media and make his name a symbol of misogyny in gaming. Not something you wanna go through if you're in the entertainment business, or if you're on the rise.
>>
>>323115967

I'm not sure. I started listening to the first couple but couldn't do it. It was weird having it just be Jeff and Ryan with no real direction for the podcast.
>>
File: fuckit.png (1MB, 1188x619px) Image search: [Google]
fuckit.png
1MB, 1188x619px
>not watching rocco attempt to drink 7 pounds of katchup
>>
>>323116430
Link
>>
>>323116491
Zelda
>>
File: 1360819729585.jpg (16KB, 295x324px) Image search: [Google]
1360819729585.jpg
16KB, 295x324px
The Mega64 Podcast baby WOOOOOOOOO
>>
>>323115967
Mid-May, I just got there myself.
>>
does tb and friends still do the thing where they read through all the recent steam releases and dunk on 'em?
>>
>>323114216
I like it. :>
>>
>>323116337
What the hell did he say?
>>
>>323116430
>>323116557
#1 video game podcast on the internet
>>
>>323116192
Mick is great, I feel like he really cares about Sleepycabin. That discussion between him and Stamper at the end of the last episode was kind of off-putting. I do wish Stamper would come back though.

>tfw you want to do a podcast but have no one to do it with
>>
>>323111361
Holy wall covered in heat sinks Batman!!!
CringeworthyBrit what is this?
>>
>>323116412
I love that type of stuff. Something about hearing what's in the news in early 2008 is just enjoyable to me

Then I get sad that this was pre-car crash Tiger Woods by like a good two years
>>
>>323111361
Autism with skype
>>
Why oh why would I want to hear a bunch of cunts talk about vapid pointless bullshit. Don't you think I read enough of it here?
>>
>>323115870
Maybe it's that, but it's more about how completely inarticulate he seems to be. He makes statements about how he is sick of certain things in games, but he is in no way able to actually present the problem he has, the little he manages to squeeze out of himself is immediately contradicted when directly jumps to praising games that embody what he just said he hates.

A bit of off-topic, but I by chance noticed that TB apparently got in a rather extensive debate with Ross Scott (if you don't know, the guy behind Game Dungeon and Freeman's mind). I'd expect Ross to appear on Co-Optional within the next half year...
>>
>>323113567
I only recently checked out any of their stuff and have no idea why anyone likes Matt. He's the biggest retard in their entire group. He just shouts random stuff over other people's conversations and none of the others ever laugh. It's super embarrassing.

I also don't really know why people hate Liam but give it time, I'm sure I'll end up hating them all.
>>
>>323111361
Does Yahtzee and Gabriel's Let's Drown Out count?
>>
>>323116692
My only gripe with Mick is how he seems intent on shoehorning a skit and unnecessary sound effects into everything, such as when he tried to make Niall tell an "irish story". He doesn't understand that what makes the irish story entertaining is it coming out of nowhere midway through what you think is a regular one.

I probably think way too hard about this shit
>>
>>323116674
That he wasn't a fan of Quinn because of the whole "Pepsi Game Jam" thing that almost became a reality show. Apparently she was trying to make a beef with him to get a segment on her.

This was around August 2014, mind you.
>>
>>323111361
midget SJW ruins it
>>
File: Brainscratch_Comms_Logo.jpg (74KB, 350x274px) Image search: [Google]
Brainscratch_Comms_Logo.jpg
74KB, 350x274px
>Those retrospectives
>>
>>323114359
I either skip ahead or find a different episode when Dodger opens her mouth about anime shit.
>>
>>323117017
Some of the skits he does make the podcasts 11/10. I mean, you can't tell me that the Jesus voicemail bit wasn't hilarious
>>
>>323117042
>That he wasn't a fan of Quinn
Ah, yeah, that would've done it.
>>
>>323117076
who?
>>
>>323116931
Matt is the guy in charge, so he's around.

Liam devil's advocates everything. Everything.

Woolie is kinda weebish with his manime.

Pat is the best and if you go on /v/ you'll probably enjoy him.
>>
>>323116692
Ill do one with you
>>
>CS:GO is the perfectly balanced game
Why do people like Jontron? That is blatantly false.

The purpose of every weapon is to kill the enemies as quickly and reliably as possible. EVERY CS:GO competitive match has them using M4, AK47, and AWP over 95% of the time. That isn't balance.
>>
>>323111361
I grew out of them. Only podcasts I used to care about were for an old warhammer mmo. I was lonely I guess.

Now I just play games of which I have a never ending supply of
>>
>>323117274
>do a podcast with someone from /v/
>it's just an hour of both people calling each other a faggot pleb
>>
>>323116860
yeah... was a bit weird... he seemed like a cool guy last I saw his vids interviewing people on the street.

Wonder if something happened. Probably the empire of evil (Disney) run him through the rape program for those Star wars content videos
>>
>>323117234
It's a shame, you can tell he's really nice and shit, but he seems naive about things. Like, he tries to see the good even when there is none, and it can bite him in the ass, like with that and Game Grumps.

Mind you I only know him as someone who watches videos and has seen his Twitter some times so I probably don't know shit, but that's what I would assume.
>>
Only listen to sleepycast I dont know who is worth listening to
>>
JRE is the only podcast that actually matters
vidya podcasts all always boil down to the same autism
>>
>SleepyCast
>It's a Cory tells a story in his shitty monotone voice episode
>>
>>323116242
http://chuckiedregs.com/podcast/mmbm18.mp3

>"You might, for instance, see Big the Cat eating Sonic the Hedgehog, but Sonic's still alive, and he's, like, wanking."
>>
>>323112747
In about 4 months when the cancer kills him
>>
>>323116860
>TB got into a debate with Based Ross

Was it a friendly debate or did they seem mad, and where is this? I want more Ross in my life, he's always seemed cool.
>>
>>323111361
The Insert Credit Show IS the best podcast.
>>
why would anyone in their right mind get engaged with a blue haired midget /v/?
>>
File: image.jpg (40KB, 562x476px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
40KB, 562x476px
>>323117270
>>
i listen to co op podcast because i'm desperate for things to listen to. whenever i play a game unless its heavy on the dialogue i need to have something else playing in the background.
>>
>>323116860

I agree he seemed all over the place, I never seen him in anything, but then I just started to tune him out after he said he really likes SW:Tor
and DA Inquisition.
>>
The only podcast I listen to is The Smoking Tire. They're sponsored by Forza but outside of that they really aren't vidya related. I might listen to Joe Rogan if he has a good guest, but I don't make a habit out of it.
>>
Is it really a podcast when it's in video form?
>>
>>323117764
I'm sure her hair is only blue for a single week every month or two.
>>
>>323111361
The worst part of Co-optional is when TB starts talking about ANYTHING
Jesse is a shitty let's player with cringeworthy jokes but his opinions are still a hundred times more interesting than TB's who just looks at opinions that are IN at the moment.
Just listen to him anytime he mentions how he thought New Vegas was better than Fallout 3. While I agree and I think New Vegas is amazing and 3 is shit, that's not the point. He just parrots surface level opinions but won't go into the important bits.
A lot of times he just says shit to be in the cool kids club.
Also his speech pattern is fucking unbearable.

Some of his reviews and more scripted videos are fine and I'm sure he's a nice person but he's a fucking chore to listen to. It's a shame because I like Jesse's take on things and occasionally they have good guests on.
Also Dodger doesn't talk
>>
>>323116565
Thanks anon
>>
Why is there no podcast with MatthewMatosis, HyperBitHero, and Super Bunnyhop, so I can listen to them all be autistic together?
>>
File: 1452049113062.jpg (39KB, 308x319px) Image search: [Google]
1452049113062.jpg
39KB, 308x319px
Sleepycast
Double Toasted
The Brilliant Idiots
Dormtainment podcast
Bill Burr's Monday morning podcast
Gaming illuminaughty
Co-optional if they have a good guest or its dodgerless. She annoys me sometimes.
Finding a good podcast is hard. Its like finding a good pair of pants. I like watching the ones from people I already know.
>>
File: 1256412802642.jpg (87KB, 488x600px) Image search: [Google]
1256412802642.jpg
87KB, 488x600px
>>323118007
>Also Dodger doesn't talk
she talked to shit on my game.
>>
none besides sleepycast. i tried the TBFP podcast but i got tired of audio issues. those fat shits should at least pretend to be professional.
>>
>>323117771
Like I said, best guy on the podcast.
>>
>>323117270
>Matt is the guy in charge, so he's around.
Yeah but he's in like everything they do and just the worst.

>Liam devil's advocates everything. Everything.
>Woolie is kinda weebish with his manime.
I've got friends that do those things so I guess they don't piss me off too much. Who knows, maybe I'm just a faggot.

>Pat is the best and if you go on /v/ you'll probably enjoy him.
Yeah he's alright. Entirely too loud for his own good, mind, but he's alright.
>>
>>323116430
>>323116557
>>323114670
>>323116685
I don't think I've ever watched a bad m64 podcast. M64 has remained good throughout the years, while other youtubers haven't. God bless the boyz.
>>323115253
Joe Rogan used to have some really good guests on, but not so much now, and his friends on the podcasts have been more annoying lately imo
>>
>>323115347
>Cox & Crendor

That's not a podcast, that's reading shit off of Yahoo News.

I love it too
>>
Only podcast I listen to is Biggest Problem in The Universe
>>
>>323115347
>>323118313
>Cox & Crendor
Jesus, how can you guys stand that faggot Crendor?
>>
>>323117660
>>Was it a friendly debate or did they seem mad, and where is this?
It's in the comment section under last Ross Community Videochat. Ross apparently got some questions regarding gamergate, TB found his response interesting enough to post in a comment section (bizzarely enough), the discussion seems friendly enough - mostly sharing and clarifying their points of view, ending with the two promising to continue the debate on a more suitable platform (personal correspondence, I pressume).
It seems like TB has been fan of Ross for a while, actually - and this was perhaps more of an excuse to get into contact with him in general.
>>
>>323118279
Graham Hancock
Randall Carlson
and the "Graham Hancock & Randall Carlson"
ones are a must watch for everyone
>>
Most of the "video game" pod casts are not about video games. It is really just ego stroking or bad comedy. And I don't like either.
>>
dvdasa
kgb
khalamity
tigerbelly
>>
>>323118373
Yeah I hate Crendor, he has the most faggoty annoying voice and isn't good at video games.
>>
>>323118265
The thing about Matt is he's like a really chummy manager who's in that phase between his funloving days and his responsible days, but doesn't really want to leave the funloving days, so he hangs around with his younger employees to try and be with what's "hip" these days to feel like he's still fun.

Not a bad person, and considering they're friends he's probably better outside the podcast, but it's a big flaw.
>>
>>323118373
He reminds me of me.

Though my voice isn't anything like that
>>
>>323118168
This is the closest you'll get

https://youtu.be/Qx1A2Unw1z4?t=1m57s
>>
I CANT DO BUG STUFF EUGH
>>
Bill burr's and risk sometimes

The host of risk is the most insufferable and disgusting queer ever, and this coming from a homo

But some of the stories can be pretty good.
>>
File: 1434050388877.png (357KB, 930x598px) Image search: [Google]
1434050388877.png
357KB, 930x598px
>>323115425
>The TOVG Podcast is good

my nigga
>>
>>323118279
Never understood the intrigue in the JRE. He doesn't know shit about MMA and he doesn't know shit about anything else.
It's only good when guests like Bas Rutten, Joey Diaz et al. are on because they talk 90% of the time and are incredibly entertaining.
>>
I only listen to them while doing something else.
>>
>>323118373
I love Crendor.

The dude is just so fucking content with his lot in life. He found something he likes and stuck with it.

I've never seen another podcast where someone will just be so okay with things, and doesn't get really upset or excited.

He's just happy. And I love that shit.
>>
>>323117621
Cory is a fucking mongoloid retard. He plays into the whole "village idiot" persona far too much to be interesting. Intentionally mispronouncing words and phrases or slurring his speech because he thinks it's funny.
>>
>>323118709
so you are the definition of boring, apathetic dude?

dont feel bad, you are in the right place, friend ;_;
>>
>>323118872
>so you are the definition of boring, apathetic dude?

Yeah basically.
>>
>>323118782
watch the Graham Hancock & Randall Carlson episode
or just the Randall Carlson one is also good
>>
File: 1449878870625.gif (2MB, 359x184px) Image search: [Google]
1449878870625.gif
2MB, 359x184px
>>323111361
On demand radio show and the quality varies depending on who you're listening to, mostly I listen to Dan Carlin but his realm is history and social commentary, not vidya.
>>
Not a vidya podcast, but Hardcore History is really fucking good.
>>
Video game podcasts are all cancer, I already have my own opinions on them I don't need others.

Only ones I listen to are
>>323118352
Rogan if he has a good guest (hardly ever)
Hardcore history
sword and scale
transgression
>>
>>323111361

REDHEAD DODGER BEST DODGER
>>
>>323112642
I don't know how anybody can put you with that annoying fucking ginger. I listened to maybe like 2 and a half episodes and died from a cringe overdose
>>
>>323111361
Mostly listen to all Rooster Teeth related podcast

and some homebrewing ones too
>>
File: pka.png (9KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
pka.png
9KB, 1500x1500px
Love it.
>>
>>323117656
Edgy but still funny.
>>
>>323118868

He reminds me of that guy people knew in school or at work or something. The one who seems to be fine with the world if you give him a paddleball, or thinks reading the ingredients list on a soup can is something fascinating. Those fridge videos really say a lot about him as a person.

The guy you knew who wasn't very smart, but he was definitely happy.
>>
>>323119094
I see it the other way around, Cox is the life of the show. He's contrarian on purpose in order to generate discussion.

if it helps you, from what TB and dodger said in one podcast, that's the Cox entertainer persona, not the real person
>>
>>323119570

I met him once at Evo years ago, before he got fat.

Seemed like a nice enough guy.
>>
>>323119473
That's sounds spot on.
>>
>>323118750
>Risk
Just listen to American Life, Radio Lab, or The Moth instead.
>>
>podcast
>it's a youtube video
>>
>>323118868
I also like Crendor. He's super chill. I usually enjoy the episodes he's on, even more without Dodger.
>>
File: DG3cWdY.png (498KB, 1180x487px) Image search: [Google]
DG3cWdY.png
498KB, 1180x487px
>>323114874
>4playerpodcast

God, why did you have to remind me how shitty they've gotten?
>>
File: nepgear.png (776KB, 890x747px) Image search: [Google]
nepgear.png
776KB, 890x747px
The only podcast I listen to is Bill Burr's Monday Morning Podcast.

I don't go out of my way to look for any though.
>>
I like the Mega64 podcast but I always feel like I'm missing out by only listening and not seeing the video too. But I use podcasts to pass time at work so video isn't an option.
>>
>>323119850

In fairness, the podcast format means you don't have to actually watch the video, you can just minimize it
>>
>>323111361
Personally I started listening to GT time the past few days.
I couldn't stand invisible walls because nobody really seemed to have a personality and they were all huge fucking shills.
At least when I tried listening to it.
GT time however seems to have conflicting opinions and I like that.
You get a feel for personalities and most of the time it seems like Kyle Bosman is a happy loser who likes Nintendo.
Daniel Bloodworth and Michael Damiani are cynical but knowledgeable and Brandon Jones is a corporate cum guzzling faggot with a great voice.

They mension several times that the previous company that owned Game Trailers (viacom) didn't allow anyone to say anything incredibly negative.
They have a guest every so often and that seems to keep things a little more fresh.
Eventually Damiani leaves to go work in Texas.
It looks like they just have a different guest every episode from then on with the other 3 being regulars.

Unlike Dudesoup they actually come off as people who enjoy videogames and are not complete and total faggots.
Go though Dudesoup's podcast and you'll quickly realize they purposely form their arguments against public opinion to try and engender outrage and also a more corperate friendly message to the kinds of shit suckers who don't even understand the topic.
They like RoosterTeeth are not in the buisness of burning any bridges even when a company fucks up because it might hurt the companies fefes.
Never listen to those kinds of assholes.

Currently just 10 away from being caught up on GT time and I'll go back to using lets plays as podcasts when I do like most already seem to.
>>
>>323119898
can someone actually not like crendor?

I dont love him, but I find it really hard to hate on the dude. He's the kind of person that brings joy to a group by simply being part of it. His honest happiness overflows and it helps how calm he is.
I dont really care for videos where he's alone, but with ones where he's interacting with others always seem to never leave negative impression on me. I dont need to even like them, but I cant hate them for some reason
>>
>>323119898
He just enjoys things so much, I can't ever get mad at him.

Just look at the Bloodbowl discussions everyone has as an example.

>TB, Dodger and Jesse always rage at how unfair they find the game and how upset they get
>Crendor just takes characters in his team and has fun with them.
>>
>>323120286
>can someone actually not like crendor?

In fairness, the man is very dull by himself. He has to be around other people or he's kind of a fun black hole.
>>
>>323111361
The only podcast i listen to is the roundtable podcast, some "radio" dramas, and some people on urban legends and paranormal stuff
>>
I started getting into the Rooster Teeth podcast after the Drunk Tank period and now, I pretty much listen to that podcast as well as The Patch (RT's video game themed podcast) even though I'm not up to date currently. Other than those two podcasts, I have listened to the Internet Box and to me, it's much better. Not only I have enjoyed it more but I can definitely re-listen all of the podcasts and still have a good laugh and time.
>>
Which podcasts mentioned in this thread are worth listening through the archives of, and which deal too much with current news to bother?
>>
>>323120392
yeah, I totally agree. but I cant dislike him. I can see that easily but I cant really dislike him for that

Im just like "alright man, you nice and all but this isnt for me"
>>
>>323120530

Most videogame podcasts deal with current news because at least then you won't run out of shit to talk about.
>>
>>323119570
I remember him talking about how good he was at insulting people in video games and then he tried to go on a rant style insult as an example. It was so cringey that it completely soured me on him forever
>>
I already said what I wanted to say about the Co-optional podcast
>>323118007

Sleepycast is basically dead. Stamper and Zach, two of the strongest members are gone. It's sad because it was so good.

The Mega64 can get boring at times but it's still really good

The SuperBestFriendcast used to be really good or I thought it was, but I think I dislike everyone on that podcast now. They're just stopped being entertaining and they're just obnoxious. I used to really like Pat but now I feel like he's the most obnoxious person on the planet and not in a funny way. WOW GUYS THAT'S THE BEST *forced laughter* *awkward silence*
Also I feel like they like the Giant Bombcast and a lot of times they're just trying to emulate them and it's cringeworthy.

Giant Bombcast
A few years ago I tried it but immediately fell off but recently I started listening to them again. And I have to say while I don't agree with their opinions a lot of times. This has to be the best video game podcast out there. Jeff Gerstmann is a beast.

TOVG podcast
I honestly think this podcast is really bad. I started listening to it because Superbunnyhop George was on it and his critiques are some of the best video game journalism out there. But it's just boring. George is not particularity good when it comes to making unscripted content. And the other two guy are just boring.

Push to Shout
This is a really good smaller podcast by two lesser known youtubers
It's really good
>>
File: 1452088357464.png (267KB, 896x868px) Image search: [Google]
1452088357464.png
267KB, 896x868px
>>323111361
roundtable live since Ryan and Nick stopped making god-tier indie impression videos to only making lowbrow playthroughs and streaming
>>
>>323120658
Yeah, that's what I've noticed. But I figured I'd ask since people are talking about podcasts like Sleepycast too for instance.
>>
File: vghdmasthead.gif (12KB, 768x240px) Image search: [Google]
vghdmasthead.gif
12KB, 768x240px
No love for VGHD?
>>
>>323120530
Co-Optional works, and although Superbestfriendcast has a news segment, the other segments are enough to listen to. I've been able to go into their backlog.

Cox & Crendor is all about news, but not current events and shit, it's about funny news. Like Florida Man and crazy shits doing crazy things.
>>
>>323112747
When his wife stops owning a quintet of Koreans. I mean an MLG group.
>>
>>323120530
The only gaming podcast I consistently enjoy is gaming illuminaughty, they talk about the news and all so its pretty current.
>>
>>323120286
>>323120321
>>323120630

It's his voice, 90% of people who don't like him is because he is as TB put it, the most monotone man on youtube.

That being said, watching Jesse become so salty he could cure a ham in the Blood Bowl videos is great. Crendor wasn't even using a broken team, there are better races than his. His team is is built around offense but their ability to stay alive is shit. But Jesse went full "you have the most OP team, you did this whole tournament just so you could kick your friends' asses and gloat".
>>
>>323120926
They did stop.
>>
>>323120285
>Go though Dudesoup's podcast and you'll quickly realize they purposely form their arguments against public opinion to try and engender outrage and also a more corperate friendly message to the kinds of shit suckers who don't even understand the topic
Fucking this
>>
>>323116965
I listen to them just to sleep
>>
>>323117748
Seconding Insert Credit Show. They have the best taste in games bar none. It hasn't been as good since Jaffe left though which is too bad.
Also what the hell happened to Violence Island
>>
>>323120783
I haven't started on Season 2 of Sleepycast yet, did Zach really leave?
>>
>>323120796
They only make impression video once or twice a month, but they are still pretty good.
>>
>tfw you hate your job but at least like that it gives you an excuse to listen to podcasts when you otherwise wouldn't
I can't focus on podcasts while doing anything that takes any sort of brain power.
>>
>>323121085
He's technically still with them but he moved out of Philadelphia and got a job in New York
He basically left but not officially because people would whine like they did with Stamper
>>
I still haven't found a podcast better than the old Yogpods. Perfect mix of comfy and funny. Numerous moments where I almost shit myself from laughing the first time through.
>>
File: 1396570987690.png (392KB, 423x639px) Image search: [Google]
1396570987690.png
392KB, 423x639px
Vidya related one no, mainly because why do I want to listen to people talk about games when I could be playing them.

Aside from that though Abe Kanan: On Hold, the Ric Flair one and Sunday Night Safran.
>>
>>323121014
Well most of the Lizardmen team is AV9 and when you give them break tackle you essentially have AV9 Str4 Delf Linemen on your first dodge. You've just got to protect the skinks but that's easy.
But yeah, Lizzies are probably the 4th or 5th best team at 1000tv currently in BB2
Nowhere near as good as Welves, Delves or Dwarves.
>>
>>323121363
Well shit. I was coincidentally glancing through the episode descriptions earlier and was wondering why he wasn't in any of them. I guess that explains that.

It really is kind of pointless without Zach or Stamper.
>>
>>323121710
>why do I want to listen to people talk about games when I could be playing them.

Podcasts mean you can listen to people talk about games while you're playing them
>>
To name a few not already not mentioned in this thread, The Comedy Button, My Brother My Brother And Me, and The Adventure Zone are all hilarious. MBMAM and Adventure Zone have some guys from Polygon but there's no SJW shit.
>>
>>323121948
>Guys from Polygon
>No SJW shit

How did they manage that feat?
>>
File: 1451880501396.png (43KB, 265x183px) Image search: [Google]
1451880501396.png
43KB, 265x183px
>>323121014
Thing is Jesse played like complete shit and had no sense of strategy at all, making risky plays for little to no reason. Hell he didn't even bother to know how assists worked or the process of doing the less risky moves first. DONT block with the Mino first move because bad-luck + loner can fuck you up.

The game can seem unfair at times, but as long as you properly manage the risk you won't hurt as much. Crendor was doing risky shit because he knew Jesse would never punish him for it.
>>
>>323121807
That's gay as fuck.
>>
>>323121014
>But Jesse went full "you have the most OP team, you did this whole tournament just so you could kick your friends' asses and gloat".
Keep in mind that the reason Jesse plays Heroes of the Storm is because he loses at LoL and therefore it's "too hard" for him. He hates multiplayer where the players are too good because he becomes the embodiment of salt when he loses.
>>
>>323122042
>guys from polygon
>guys
>>
>>323117438
I'd listen.
>>
>>323122042
To be fair I've been going through the backlog for one of them and haven't listened to many newer episodes so it might come later, but I'm up to date on their other podcast and it's been fine.
>>
>>323115142
Immaculate taste, friendo.
>>
File: 1387757286000.png (35KB, 117x191px) Image search: [Google]
1387757286000.png
35KB, 117x191px
>>323117438
we should do a /v/ podcast where both podcasters are girls
>>
>>323111361
>TB
>Jesse Cucks
>Jontron
>and some gurl gamer

>thats even more cancerous to what TB has
>>
>>323122212
>>323122148

He's just not good at videogames. I mean neither is Crendor, but he at least owns the fact that he's terrible. Jesse likes to act big when he wins and gets salty when he loses.
>>
>>323119962
Holy shit what happened to them? They used to be one of the most viewed streams on Justin tv back then, now they get shit for views.
>>
File: 1448299024146.gif (804KB, 250x270px) Image search: [Google]
1448299024146.gif
804KB, 250x270px
>God Tier
Sleepycast
Mega64 Podcast
Giantbomb Podcast
Off-Topic Podcast
Dudesoup

>Shit Tier
Everything else

>Absolute Cancer
Two Big Faggots Podcast

This is undeniable fact.
>>
File: Capture.png (53KB, 771x486px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
53KB, 771x486px
>>323122740
?
>>
File: 1449356105817.gif (2MB, 390x220px) Image search: [Google]
1449356105817.gif
2MB, 390x220px
>>323111361
>watched a little bit of that podcast
>Jon kept rocking back and forth like an autist
>Jesse's normal speaking voice was obnoxiously loud as fuck
>Blue haired midget girl did nothing and had nothing to contribute (big surprise)
>TB constantly chewing out Jon for going off-topic all the time
>Jon continues to try to be funny but fails because nobody knows what he's talking about
Cringe.

The only podcasts I listen to have zero attachment to video games.
>>
>>323122708
Crendor's decent at Bloobowl from what I've seen. He does get SUPER FUCKING LUCKY at that game though as well which can make him look better than normal. He does look like he sucks at other games though.
>>
>>323123015

He apparently was diamond rank in SC2.
>>
jesse is the most insipid heinous betarous cunt that's ever slithered into existence.
>>
>>323112591
>Mick Lauer Power Hour
>good

there are the occassional good episodes but most of them are like this

>Zach and Cory yell at each other for 15 minutes
>in heat of the moment they start having sex on the table
>RiceShit then goes on about how this reminds him of the one time he had sex with a girl for the rest of the podcast
>>
>>323123253
>betarous

Hey at least use words that exist to insult him.

It is shitty that he equates Square-Enix to only being FF though, ignoring every other franchise the company has made and judging them purely on Final Fantasy.

You think FF fans got shafted? Try being a Front Mission fan. Or a Parasite Eve fan. Or a SaGa fan.
>>
>>323116192
who is this? one piece?
>>
>>323120796
I come into Nick chat whenever I can just to raise rockYaha s and show support.
>>
>>323116430
This was actually gross to watch desu, leave it to Rocco to think of a way to disgust me when I thought I was desensitized from just about everything. Dude's gonna drink himself to an early Ketchup-flavored grave, though.

But yeah, Mega64 are the elder gods of internet comedy, especially the podcast, no one else even shines a light. The only people that would come close would be Sleepycabin, I just wish they would actually do other stuff besides the podcast.
>>
File: 1452100867933.jpg (105KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1452100867933.jpg
105KB, 600x600px
>>323123623
Yes, thats Corazon
>>
>>323116192
Damn, I was up to around that part when I stopped watching (too distracted by vidya for the last few months). I should catch up. Surely Dressrosa is over by now, right?
>>
>>323124473
It's over in the manga, few more months on the anime.
>>
>>323116528
That doesn't really help me

I don't watch Mega64
>>
>>323118773
Yeah nigga

>>323120783
>I honestly think this podcast is really bad.
I'll admit that the first few casts were weak, but there are some pretty great moments and they've all gotten into a vibe together.
>>
It's mostly jibber jabber from people who have no idea what they're talking about. It's like an hour long bombardment of assholes in love with their own voice talking over one another.
>>
>>323125101

So here but with audio?
>>
>podcast
>hour long update on their lives

why does everyone do this?
>>
Distorted view but that has nothing to do with games
>>
>>323114216
Well they like the things I like you elitist fag so I listen to it.
If you don't like it you don't have to shitpost. Nobody asked what podcasts you DIDN'T like.
>>
I just listen to pre-2011 Bombcasts.
>>
Bombcast and Beastcast
TOVG podcast for based weedman
Retronauts
SBFP podcast
GAP podcast if your australian
>>
Where the fuck do you guys find the time to listen to a podcast weekly, let alone multiple ones?
>>
>>323126991
>weekly
Anon, for the past month I've listed to three or four Bombcast episodes a day.
>>
>>323126991
I've got nothing better to do at my shitty desk job. I don't know how NEETs do it though.
>>
>>323126991

You know people do other things while listening to podcasts, right?
>>
>>323127083
How the fuck?
>>
>>323126991
Listen to them on the train or while sleeping.
>>
>>323111361
Co-Optional is the only gaming podcast I follow.

I listen to Bill Burr's from time to time, and WTF or Nerdist if they have interesting guests.
>>
I listen to GT Time, but I dunno how that is if you're not already a fan of the site / staff.
>>
>>323126880
>GAP podcast if your australian
Shit I didn't know Junglist had a posdcast. Gonna check that out
>>
>>323111361
Maddox and his podcast is pretty good.

Its not video games, though.
>>
>>323126991
I often listen to them while drawing (I'm an artist), or while doing anything that's not mentally engaging -- chores, driving, whatever.

Sometimes I'll turn them on while playing games, depending on the game. Sometimes I'll hop on WoW and listen to a podcast for an hour or so while farming Cataclysm raids for gold to buy WoW Tokens with.
>>
>>323124986
Yeah.

Yeah.
>>
File: WHO IS THE REAL TRICKSTER.png (295KB, 660x430px) Image search: [Google]
WHO IS THE REAL TRICKSTER.png
295KB, 660x430px
>>323114670
>>323118279
>>323116557
>>323124021
this is all true
>>
File: 1445219351271.jpg (122KB, 558x340px) Image search: [Google]
1445219351271.jpg
122KB, 558x340px
>>323127957
>I often listen to them while drawing
>(I'm an artist)
I think we could've got that.
>>
>>323118868
I like Crendor, but I can't really stand listening to him on a podcast.

He's always fucking sick, his laugh is annoying, and he never has anything interesting to say.

It's like having a boring stoner on your couch. I guess if you're lonely and want some semblance of human company, but don't want to be mentally engaged, he's okay background noise.
>>
File: 0ds9als.png (762KB, 800x1111px) Image search: [Google]
0ds9als.png
762KB, 800x1111px
Vidya:
Mogtalk
State of the Realm when Ethys is on
Planet Destiny
GT Time
Co-optional

Etc:
Joe Rogan
BIll Burr MMP
>>
>>323118782
No, Rogan does know shit abut mma
>>
>>323126991
On the drive to or from work in the morning.
>>
Co optional is the only podcast I've watched for more than 5 minuets. Minus that one from Alchestbreach is anyone's ever heard of him, but it got too cringey in concept for my tastes

Used to listen to TGS and then Co optional while I played Borderlands, but I sorta stopped watching them as time went by. Decided to watch the most recent one with JonTron, and I was pretty iffy about whether or not I enjoyed it. Dodger still doesn't contribute much other than "Guys I got engaged!1!1!" and Jon seems to be suffering from not liking too many aspects of modern gaming.
>>
>>323128223
I meant that it's my profession. So I have several hours a day during which to multitask and listen to music or podcasts.
>>
Why do all gamer chicks dye their hair?
>>
>>323128652
>why do girls play video games

mental problems
>>
>>323128652
how would you know they are GAMER GIRLS if they didn't have tootyfrooty hair and streamed?
>>
>>323126102
They're shit dude get over it
>>
>two shitty guests in a row for Co-Optional
Fuck, I couldn't even finish watching the last two episodes.

Kite is cute and I like her videos, but her mannerisms are really grating when she's speaking off-script.

Jon was a fucking mess. It sounded like he didn't know a damn thing he was talking about, and he kept stuttering and losing focus halfway through a sentence.
>>
File: 1438439032996.jpg (226KB, 1024x890px) Image search: [Google]
1438439032996.jpg
226KB, 1024x890px
>>323120689
These seem like a thing humans should get over toward other humans eventually.

>whenever I see his face I just PTSD that one time he didn't execute a bit

But salgood.
>>
>>323116192
no
>>
>>323128563
Jon: I just don't understand [modern video game trope]. They didn't used to be like that. I just don't get it. Why do they do [modern video game trope]? I don't understand. What happened to [retro game]?
>>
>>323118007
>yurs
>>
>>323128652
Aposematism

Google it
>>
>>323129137
What ?
>>
>>323121739
>dwarves
Don't insult proper functional dwarves with those bio-barrel Warhammer "Dwarfs" fucks.
>>
>>323121739
That said the Dwarf team in that league would be better played by Twitch chat.
>>
>>323122885
two best friends i think
>>
>>323122708
Jesse is perfectly fine at video games but that's not funny. Further he's got some issues with applying himself toward being good at any given game. Specially with his job being playing games, a bunch of games, all the damn time.

No time to get good, just crack jokes.
>>
>>323122718
twitch happened
>>
>>323126991
I wash dishes, it really helps me zone out and pretend I'm not there.
>>
>>323129254
The way TB says years, it really bothers me and ruined an indie game he was in.
>>
>>323129136
He misses 3d platformers. Of all fucking. I guess that was one of the few fun aspects of Guild Wars 2. Oh unless you were the majority of people that screamed about the jumping puzzles.
>>
>>323130116

It's sad when fucking dunkey of all people can explain better his viewpoints towards what he thinks makes a game good. His dunkviews for THPS1 and Banjo-Kazooie basically point out exactly what makes those games work, and his one on OoT, while a bit fanboyish, does show he understands proper establishing of atmosphere in a game.

Jon has his tongue tied if it isn't massively scripted.
>>
File: confused.png (12KB, 334x229px) Image search: [Google]
confused.png
12KB, 334x229px
I remember listening to idle thumbs a while ago

are they still good
>>
podcasts are nice, just turn it on and half listen to it while doing other stuff.

You can zone in when they start talking about something that interests you.
>>
>>323130985

Forgot to add, and he does it without resorting to jokes, he just talks about the game.
>>
>>323111361
Dodger is literally tumblr at this point.
>>
>>323111361
>bluehair
its all make sense now
>>
>>323131416

That would imply she has enough of an opinion to actually open her mouth.
>>
>>323131075
The last few I tried to listen to were just 2 of the hosts or 45 minutes of jacking off to the Anno games.
>>
>>323111361
I have Chop bard and a few radio drama podcasts. I haven't found any vidya podcasts I liked.

I've been having fun listening to Old time Radio episodes through Archive.org.
>>
Jon doesn't even play video games anymore.

TB only plays PC games

I don't know the other two but with all their shit in the background I doubt they do. None of them know nothing of coding and game development. Why would anyone care about their opinions?
>>
>>323130985
Dunkey's whole review of Tony Hawk was just "it's good because it's simple".
>>
>>323111361
Only podcast i can watch for hours and hours and then rewatch.
>>
>>323130096
Oh yeah, the way he says a lot of things is irritating. It's not really his fault though.
>>
>>323131661

Yeah, and that's pretty much the best way to sum up THPS. It just throws you in, gives you 2 minutes to try and be your best, and has really tight controls. It doesn't need anything else because that alone is fantastic. Like he said, the whole game is "the good part of the game".
>>
>>323131613
>None of them know nothing of coding and game development. Why would anyone care about their opinions?
if nobody cared about the opinion of uniformed idiots /v/ would have to shut down
>>
>>323129596
Jesse, just like almost all ecelebs, is average at best.

He also sucks at heroes even tho he plays it a lot
>>
>>323132032
>Jesse, just like almost all ecelebs, is average at best.

Well yeah. People like OmegaEvolution don't become ecelebs, they just want to make combo videos
>>
Who is JesseCox and why does he look literally identical to Jack Patillo from RT?
>>
Does the sleepy cast always have music playing?

I just clicked a random episode and it's getting really annoying
>>
>>323132568

Jack has a much thicker beard.

But long story short, much like TB Jesse started as someone who uploaded videos of WoW Cataclysm back when it was still in beta. They both took off and went into different directions. Jesse started LPing (back when it was something basically only SomethingAwful did and wasn't everywhere), TB started doing reviews and first impressions. They met during the Cata beta.
>>
If JP gained 100 lbs
>>
>>323132907
meant for
>>323132568
>>
Mega64 a.k.a. the greatest video game podcast on the internet
>>
Player One Podcast

3 middle aged gamers and sometimes some young Vita loving faggot talk about video games
>>
>>323133119
sounds awful
>>
kill yourselves you eceleb-worshipping fedoras.
>>
>>323119258
too bad the fanbase is utter shit
>>
I listen to any podcast itmeJP does

I don't even know why anymore i've just done it since the days of state of the game
>>
>>323111361
mostly nonsense complaining and circlejerking when involving video games
>>
I tend to listen Plauschangriff and Gedankenprung by Gregs RPG Heaven.
Thread posts: 277
Thread images: 30

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.