[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is the new 3ds XL screen much better than the original 3ds screen?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: maxresdefault.jpg (324KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
324KB, 1920x1080px
Is it? I've got an original 3ds from launch, I keep wondering if it's worth buying a new 3ds xl just for the bigger screen, but only if the screen quality is better too.

Is it substantially better than the original 3ds one? enough to warrant buying a new console? or is it just as shitty and dark?

thanks faggots
>>
Same quality, just a bigger screen. The only reason you'd buy the new one is for Amiibo support, no joke.
>>
>>323102109
same quality as the original non-xl screen?

such a fucking relief.

only game that's a pain to me on the small screen is smash bros, but i ain't buying a new console for that shitty game. haven't played it since i bought it, shittiest smash bros so far if you don't play online.
>>
The colours are way better on the new 3ds xl, and the 3D works. It's worth buying it in my opinion. Also the CPU it's faster, so loads game faster. And plays on the Internet faster as well.
>>
File: BxeiYNKIgAEUa8c.jpg (36KB, 600x424px) Image search: [Google]
BxeiYNKIgAEUa8c.jpg
36KB, 600x424px
is the stick any different? the stick on my 3ds xl broke off. it still works. I just have a tiny stick now. image from google.
>>
No, It's the exact same quality.
>>
>>323102592
what about the brightness?

how better is the 3d?

a new 3ds costs about 1200brl so it needs to be pretty fucking awesome for me to justify buying it
>>
Between the XL and NXL, it's an upgrade. If you're buying an XL for the first time and don't want a used one, just get the NXL. Gamestop has been selling them for 175. If you already have an XL probably not worth it. I don't use ROMS but I heard the original XL is way easier to use them on if that matters.
>>
>>323102884
what about between the original non-XL 3ds and the new 3ds XL?

i bought my 3ds back in launch when 1usd was less than 2brl... now 1usd is 4brl.

t-thanks dilma

it is now actually cheaper for me to buy it here unless i'm on vacation in the us.
>>
>>323102671
Real question is, is it worth buying a N3DS if you own the old version already?

With the pirating craze going on im tempted on buying a n3ds but Im not sure if it would be a good idea.

So far I know the only exclusive game on the n3ds is the xenoblade but whatever
>>
>>323103343
>With the pirating craze going on im tempted on buying a n3ds but Im not sure if it would be a good idea.

same here. except i don't give a fuck about xenoblade, especially since i already one a fucking wii.

unless the new 3ds xl screen blows the original non-xl screen out of the water i don't think i'm buying it.

i can't seem to find videos of people comparing their screens online though
>>
>>323103523
Im suspecting its all bullshit BUT I will admit 3d looks better on friends N3DS compared to my xl but it might be placebo. I hope and I really hope they dont fuck the old 3ds users even more in the future with any upcoming games such as the new pokemon or and Jap games such as rhythm heaven
>>
>>323104468
3D does seem a lot better if only because I don't have to hold my face or the console completely still anymore.
I don't use it often, but that facetracking is handy. The thing also has an autobrightness but I don't use that.
>>
>>323105026
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlM5N0yLxWc

this video was really helpful!

definitely not buying it lol
>>
>>323105026
THATS WHAT IT IS
>>323105224

Yeah N3ds had no ghosting but whatever fuck nintendo for trying to fuck us o3ds owners without a good incentive for us to move on
>>
>>323105224
Well, glad it was helpful.
>>323105480
Maybe it's just me, but I notice image ghosting or whatever it is with almost anything that uses 3D.
N3DS doesn't seem to have as much, but it does have some.
>>
>>323105873
Try playing ocarina with 3d on, it was horrible...

Im assuming you modded your n3ds with that cfw thing right. Tempted to go for it
>>
Is someone going to post the difference between n3DS XL TN and IPS displays?
>>
>>323106059
I didn't. I don't really see a need for it. I like having physical copies of my games.
I need to play Ocarina at some point. Already played the 64 version but I wouldn't mind trying the new one.
>>
>>323108249
it's cool

doesnt feel the same though
>>
>>323108829
Neato.
It does look really pretty. Majora's Mask 3D actually feels better to me.
Animations for both remakes are really nice and smooth.
>>
>>323109418
I need to grab majoras mask too bad limited editions were out quick
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.