[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>going to gamestop because a well meaning aunt gave me a gift

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: Crash Bandicoot is not amused.jpg (18KB, 216x222px) Image search: [Google]
Crash Bandicoot is not amused.jpg
18KB, 216x222px
>going to gamestop because a well meaning aunt gave me a gift card
>check online to make sure they have the game I want first, because fuck going out for no reason
>get there, they don't fucking have it
>Head to walmart too because my mom wanted to do some shopping and didn't want to drive herself
>Walmart has the game
>it's $5 cheaper to buy it new at walmart than it would have been to get it used at gamestop
GAMESTOP
>>
Really?
Usually Wal-Mart never adjust their prices from the launch price unless it specifically goes on sale.
>>
File: OjM2HkO.png (32KB, 803x163px) Image search: [Google]
OjM2HkO.png
32KB, 803x163px
>>323101959
Fuck if I know, but it was $15 for a new copy at walmart and $19.99 for a preowned copy on the gamestop site.
>>
>>323102621
>DOA collection for xbox
>120$ new everywhere
>20$ at walmart
I never understood how they price games but I'm not complaining
>>
>>323099842
>check online to make sure they have the game I want first, because fuck going out for no reason
>get there, they don't fucking have it
Always call. Never EVER trust the website.

Websites usually warn you ahead of time with this shit. And it's not just GameStop, this applies to any retailer with a website. They'll usually have a disclaimer saying that the stock numbers are guidelines and not a definitive count.

There are many reasons why these numbers are wrong.

Numbers could've been fudged during inventory, which would make it the store's fault.

Or it could be that the website refreshes counts exactly once every 24 hours, which is actually the most common scenario. If it says "3 in stock" now, what's to stop three different people from shopping at that store and buying those items? The website count will be paused at "3" then change over to "0" the next day when it does its daily refresh. Once again, this is the likeliest situation, because live updates are a pain in the ass.

Another factor to consider is the fact that the website isn't maintained by the store itself. The website is usually maintained in an office located thousands of miles away from the store. Some code monkey in New York isn't gonna know how many of every single item that one of dozen Texas stores has in stock.

Phone the store if you want a better idea. A store employee won't tell you that something's in stock when it isn't, because no store employee ever in the history of mankind has ever said "Oh, I love being chewed out by angry customers!"
>>
>>323104082
>Call to ask if they have the game
>Sorry but we're not allowed to tell that by phone, you'll have to come here.
FUCKING GAMESTOP
>>
File: incredulous.png (196KB, 302x340px) Image search: [Google]
incredulous.png
196KB, 302x340px
>going to buy the c&c 10 year anniversary collection
>from gamestop
>try to buy it
>the guy asks for my id
>I tell him I don't have one because I'm 17
>he doesn't let me buy it
>walk over to the Target on the other side of the mall
>I buy the game with no questions, and some snacks as well

seriously though, how are they still in business
>>
>>323104976
>Underage b& in charge of opinions
>>
>>323104648
>"Excuse me, do you have Battletoads?"
>"Sorry but we're not allowed to tell that by phone, you'll have to come here."
>>
>>323105246
>implying anyone has sold the c&c 10th anniversary collection in the last year
>>
>>323105838
Then he's just retarded
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.