[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm playing DA:O and I'm enjoying it, I just killed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 4

File: dao.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
dao.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
I'm playing DA:O and I'm enjoying it, I just killed the first dragon you find on the Werewolf ruins, but I feel very underpowered.
I'm plaing it on hard, my main team is Leliana, Morrigan and Alistair wich have been pretty good up untilkl now, but every time I'm ambushed by skeletons I get my shit kicked in. I'm playing a Mage, my strongest gear is the Oak branch, and my strongest spell is the second tier lightning spell. I'm level 9 with elven armor, focus on magic (25), and willpower (22 I think). And every time I get ambushed on the trips between locations my team takes a beating, only myself or one teammate make it out.
Anything I'm doing wrong? I feel like I fucked it up big time
>>
>>323099304
>I just killed the first dragon you find on the Werewolf ruins,
wtf is this DLC or something?
>>
>>323099369
No, it's the one in the werewolf lair, the one you find in the brecilian forest
>>
>>323099594
oh that thing
that's not a dragon, that's a large drake

when you find the ACTUAL dragon, trust me you'll know
>>
>>323100679
Yeah, I actually feel underprepared, considering I have like 15 hours into the game
>>
>>323099304
>Baby Drake
>Dragon
>>
>>323101542
It qualifies as dragonkin no?
>>
>decide to make a bow rogue
>focus on attack speed and crit
>bosses felt like fodder

Crits OP
>>
>>323099304
Don't bother with the sequels

The game goes through a stage where you're pretty underpowered, if you do something like the mages tower you'll start dummying everything
>>
OP, has Lothering been destroyed?
>>
>>323099304
Go the the mages tower and go through the Fade. You'll get some free power-ups.
>>
>>323099304

Why the fuck are you not using Sten?
>>
>>323099304
Do the Mage Tower to get some permanent stat boosts on your Warden and a healer that'll make your party basically immortal. Make your Warden an Arcane Warrior and have them be the party's tank, then use Leliana and Morrigan as damage dealers with the aforementioned healer and you'll be unstoppable.
>>
>>323099304
Play through all the origin prologues, they're actually pretty fun and interesting for each character
>>
>>323099304
OP, do the mage tower first then redcliffe. The brecillian forest is meant for something like lvl 13-18 or some shit. The mage tower gives you sweet permanent boosts to your stats during the fade section.
>>
hexes and other debuffs are real good, i think ice has a better raw damage output than lightning, and get wynne asap like everyone has already said

maintaining your formations and preventing enemies from cutting off your spellcasters is pretty key to basically every fight too
>>
>>323105006
Lightning saps stamina/mana, but yeah, I think ice does more damage. OP should try doing spell combinations.
>>
>>323104395
>Make your Warden an Arcane Warrior
That's all he needs to do to make himself unstoppable, don't need no body else.
>>
>>323105360
>put Glyph of Paralysis in the middle of a group of enemies
>put Glyph of Repulsion in the same spot
>win the fight
>>
>>323106119
>cast Grease Fire
>take screenshots of people slipping and burning
>>
Use 3 mages and just blow your load on on everything and just spam heal your tank through it, rogues and archers are shit
>>
Are mages not supposed to get upgrades? I'm level 16 and my warrior has gone through like 4 sets of gear while my mages are all pretty much wearing everything they first equipped.
>>
>>323107257
Have you been to Denerim? There's some upgrades there, the one where Ser Landry challenges you to a duel
>>
>>323104395
You don't need anybody on your team. You can solo the game as arcane warrior on nightmare if you built yourself properly.
>>
>>323106038
If you're playing as a mage there's no other real options.

Nobody wants to be a healer to dumass AI.
Shapeshifter? Lol worthless.
>>
Use Shale as a tank. Have her father and keep threat. Set Wynn as a healer if you haven't already and have someone else help with melee dps.

Then You just stand back and nuke everything
>>
>>323108708
arcane warrior is also worthless if you're going for a blaster spec
might as well take a heal or 2
>>
Why would you even play single player mmorpgs if you're not gonna have a healer? Get Wynne nigga
>>
>>323108929
>father
Gather, fuck
>>
>they didn't have a gay relationship with Zevran
Zevran was the only good romance option.

Gay Warden master race
>>
>>323099369
It's a small dragon(drake), not a high dragon.
>>
>>323109126
I railed Morrigan because I have a thing for rebellious goth bitches.
>>
>>323108995
Why would you go for the inferior spec? To purposefully gimp yourself?
>>
>>323104383
Not OP, but Stent kind of sucks in combat.
>>
I'm jealous. Origins is one of my fave games of all time, but I was playing through it recently modded. Well one of my mods has fucked me over and every time I hit a certain point, the game crashes on me. I'm not sure what to do.
>>
>>323109126
How? My warden's a nude female dwarf.
>>
>>323109273
>>323109126

The best is a 4way between Zevran, yourself, hardened Liliana, and Isabella and have Morgan call you a sick fuck.

Pretty sure there's an achievement for it but it's been a while
>>
>>323106868
DA:O had some pretty fun spells
>Virulent Walking Bomb
>Storm of the Century
>Advanced Reanimate Dead
>>
>>323109475
>dat ass

Unf.
>>
>>323099304
Probably a lack of proper party tactics by the sound of it. I don't know how others like to play, but I prefer pausing every few seconds to issue my orders manually rather than relying on the computer to time abilities correctly.

Prioritize enemy mages first (Winter's Grasp, Critical Shot, Mana Clash, other abilities that deal tremendous single target damage and debilitate in some way from long distance). Enemy rogues are the next big threat and possibly even more threatening than mages at higher difficulties because they cannot be one shot with mana clash. Since you're playing a mage, the best bet would be to start the fight with a fireball against enemy archer formations. Strong CC like fireball, WG, CoC, and scattershot will take you far.

As for building your characters properly, try to focus on one or two attributes when leveling. For example, you probably assumed that giving your tank, Alistair, constitution and strength would increase his tanking ability. Actually, tanks perform better when ignoring damage altogether rather than reducing the damage received, so most tanks should be built by pumping strength to the minimum needed for high level armor (iirc 42) and then dumping 3 points at a time into dexterity every level for max evasion.

Mages should be built 2:1 magic:will until at 20 or 25 will naturally (no equipment bonuses) and then all magic from that point on (consider your own character receives very large stat additions from the mage tower quest that will likely raise your willpower to sufficient levels for the rest of the game). Rogues need 2:1 dex:cunning until minimum dexterity needed for armor and weapons, and from that point you should pump cunning every level (which raises your damage more per point than dex or str when you pick up the skill lethality).
>>
File: morrigan face.jpg (11KB, 521x428px) Image search: [Google]
morrigan face.jpg
11KB, 521x428px
>>323108420
>arcane warrior
>not a dodge rogue with 100% magic resist

Enjoy tanking fights for hours while I kill everything in seconds.
>>
Using Shale is practically cheating. Use her if you wanna cheese the game.
>>
>>323110430
Rogue was retarded broken in dao, and broken In a bad way
>>
>>323110481
She can't tank like Alistair, but her mage support and archer support modes are broken.

>>323110430
I haven't played a rogue since my very first time with the game. It would be fun to go back and optimize the shit out of a DW rogue.

It would probably get boring if I did all the work while my party did nothing but cast buffs...
>>
>>323100679
that feel when Morrigan's request
>>
dual daggers rogue became my favorite, city elf with rose's thorn and that dagger you get from your mother in the alienage are the best gear outside of awakening, so much fun
>>
>>323111749
>not dual-wielding longswords
>>
>>323111112
>party did nothing but cast buffs

It's a solo build, if you don't kill off all the other party members you're doing it wrong.
>>
>>323100679
its name is literally Dragon though.
>>
>>323112261
>can't kill Morrigan
>the worst you could do is fail to turn her in
really fucked with my anti-shem Daliboo female mage run
at least i got to really twist the jnife in Alistair by fucking him before having him executed
>>
>>323101542
its called a Dragon in game. Its title is literally dragon you retard.
>>
>>323113095
>having alistair executed

i had no idea you could even do this.
>>
>>323113407
yes and it sticks better then killing leliana
and leliana got to be deader than morrigan
>>
File: 2016-01-04_00001.jpg (254KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-04_00001.jpg
254KB, 1920x1080px
What is the consensus of Awakening?

I loved the shit out of it, it always held a spot with me.

I just wish if your Warden in origins died you could continue with your save, but used the olesian warden instead of forcing you to resurrect your dead warden.
>>
File: gabe newell monday morning.jpg (166KB, 836x856px) Image search: [Google]
gabe newell monday morning.jpg
166KB, 836x856px
>>323114156
Good shit, I liked how at the end no matter what class you were overpowered as shit.
>>
>>323113859
did you just try to kill as many party members as possible?
>>
>>323111112
Solo build man. I once finished Nightmare difficulty without reverting to an earlier save. While naked. That's how OP it is.
>>
>>323114156
Pretty good. Really liked The Messenger, and the shields, and that armor set worn by the warden who slayed the first archdemon
>>
>tfw I beat the game using a party of 4 warriors because I couldn't stand any of the other npcs
I was literally punching myself in the leg so hard it left a bruise it was so frustrating.
>>
>>323114156
i ended up liking the main story in awakening more than origins honestly, although i guess you need the setup of the base story to make the twists on the world awakening introduces have impact. plus they managed to introduce a whole new set of supporting characters and give them all a decent amount of personality and development in less time than the base game.
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.