[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So what are your hopes for AA6? Mine is that Trucy isn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: DD_cover_art.png (2MB, 1377x1376px) Image search: [Google]
DD_cover_art.png
2MB, 1377x1376px
So what are your hopes for AA6?
Mine is that Trucy isn't an irrelevant joke character anymore.

Also gonna pirate it because fuck Capcom for not releasing DGS here.
>>
DGS might get a fan translation now.
>>
>>323090960
They don't even have a team put together nor have started on anything.
>>
I just want Maya again.

>>323090960
I wish.
>>
Maya to return.

I think that was part of the reason they sent Phoenix away from Japanifornia, they can revive the Nick/Maya team there while Apollo builds up his dynamic with Trucy and Athena more.
>>
File: hacker man.jpg (87KB, 432x528px) Image search: [Google]
hacker man.jpg
87KB, 432x528px
>>323091387
Maybe someone will now that a lot more people have access to piracy on the 3ds.
>>
>>323091678
Well, Athena is sticking with Apollo in Japangeles, and I don't think Phoenix will be alone during his trials on Kurain. So who knows
>>
>>323091740
How do I make a custom theme?
>>
>>323091387
There are two, actually
>>323092934
It's piss easy. You just need to install CHMM2 and download custom themes or make one yourself. Really, I think the hardest step would be to make the music and even that involves a simple conversion program.
>>323091740
Please share that sick Umineko theme.
>>
Hope: Maya to appear and have an important role. Apollo issues to get resolved (or at least acknowledged) once and for all

Realty: Pearl will take the place of Maya (again) and game will only tease her showing up, Apollo's baggage will never get resolved and only get teased (again)
>>
>>323093750
Right here mate https://3dsthem.es/
Just search for Umineko.
>>
Hopes: That AA6 will be as organic and consistent as the original trilogy as a whole and the investigation spinoffs as a whole

Expectations: It'll be a shitty mess like AA4 and AA5
>>
>>323095549
>AAI games
>consistent
>first game is the worst in the franchise while the 2nd is the best

??
>>
>>323096838
Consistency as in how the story of each game flows with one another

Ace Attorney 1, Justice for All, and Trials and Tribulations all tell their own story, but still flow and connect with one another.

Ace Attorney Investigations 1 and 2 both tell their own story, but also flow and connect with one another.

Apollo Justice would have been better if it was its own thing, but Capcom meddling slapped Phoenix Wright into the story, which makes it go completely off the rails from the previous games. Dual Destinies does the same thing, but doesn't even have a 7 year time skip to justify ignoring everything that happened in the previous game.

Also, AAI2 is the best, yes, but AAI1 is middle tier and AJ and DD are both worse
>>
>>323098331
>but AAI1 is middle tier and AJ and DD are both worse
No.
To begin with, AJ and DD both have actually interesting stories.
>>
If we're gonna go supernatural, go all out and go maximum Ghost Trick with it. Lots of people will disagree with me on that probably.
The Kurain Courts already have the supernatural stuff integrated into it which is a step in the right direction for this story angle.

Regarding Apollo, just get the Thalassa stuff out of the way I guess. To be honest I'm not that interested in his side of the story beyond the possibility of Ema showing up again at the moment. More than anything else I'd like them to make me actually give a shit about the character. Has nothing to do with lack of screentime or whatever, Gregory Edgeworth was perfectly likeable and he was only playable for half a case. Similar deal with young Mia.
>>
>>323098491
I feel as if you're the same guy that disagrees with me every time I post in an AA thread on the few occasions that we do, so we're just going to have to agree to disagree
>>
>>323098331
I just played through AJ for the second time recently and thought it was pretty decent. Phoenix made the game enjoyable as a mentor, and his development over 7 years was actually pretty cool and unexpected. The only thing they fudged on imo was the ending, they could have told those stories in a much more consistent and AA-friendly way. Oh and that third case, I think I lost count of how many times they repeated that bodyguard's dying message. AAI is more consistent and I enjoyed it more, but I think AJ had better concepts from a storyline perspective. If they had ever made an AJ2 instead of DD I would still rather they handled Wright the same way they did in AJ.

Currently playing AAI2 btw (I've been binging through the whole franchise and AAI2 was the only one I never got to play before). So far it's really, really fun.
>>
>>323101157
Can't say that I disagree with any of that.

Hobo Phoenix was probably the best character in Apollo Justice. Ironically enough, his presence in the game is why it makes AJ suffer as a whole, because instead of being a game about Apollo Justice, it was a game about Phoenix Wright where you didn't get to play as Phoenix Wright.

AJ case 3 is universally considered the worst in the whole series and I agree there, as do I agree to fact that AJ's ending was bad (the worst in the series imo).

AJ absolutely had 100% better concepts for its story than AAI did, but it didn't live up to its potential and failed to deliver, which is why I think AAI is better despite being only average all around.

AAI2 is absolutely the best, hands down. Great returning characters, great new characters,best story with each case connecting to each other. I'd say it has the best 1st, 2nd, and 3rd cases in the series, with two top tier 4th and 5th cases as well.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.