[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rainbow Six Siege

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 6

File: rainbew.png (262KB, 830x710px) Image search: [Google]
rainbew.png
262KB, 830x710px
Alright, so me and 2 friends are arguing on wether we should buy Rainbow Six Siege. I don't feel like it's worth it. If not, any other multiplayer games good for 3 players?
>>
>>323084114
>I don't feel like it's worth it.
It's not.
>If not, any other multiplayer games good for 3 players?
You fool! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders - The most famous of which is "never get involved in a flame war on /pol/" - but only slightly less well-known is this: "Never go to /v/ when looking for good video games"!
>>
My favorite co-op experiences that you could do with 3 players would have to be Terraria, Call of Duty Zombies, and Borderlands 2. Try one of those if you somehow haven't yet.

CS:GO is also great to get into.
>>
don't get baited in this garbage, you'll find it fun for 2 days max then feel its shittiness
>>
>>323085395
>>323087629
can we have opinions of people who actually played the game instead of watching it on the internet?
>>
>>323087629
Fuck this guy

The severs are still shit so if you're looking for something now then siege isn't the best, but I play it daily at this point and it's fun when the fucking servers don't force a 3v5 in ranked
>>
>>323087629
Yeah that's kinda what I thought would happen.
>>
The patch today fixed matchmaking for the most part, netcode is still iffy but other than that I fully recommend Siege it's a great game
>>
>>323087856
I just rent it atm but it's one of the best shooters I've played in a very long time I am completely hooked on it. I wouldn't say it's worth £50 but I'm sure you can get it cheaper.

The only let down is some times the servers take ages to load you into a game but for the most part it's fine.
>>
>>323087856
I've been playing it 3 hours or so a day for most of the month and I'm still loving it. It's nice to have to think about tactics ratber than havings dicks running amok in CoD.
>>
File: 126098430971.jpg (19KB, 220x220px) Image search: [Google]
126098430971.jpg
19KB, 220x220px
>>323087856
i played the beta thats why i said that in the first place, its just not worth 60 eurococks for multiplayer only
>>
>>323088032
If you like tactical shooters, buy it. If you're the type of guy who complains about camping in shooters, don't buy it. I have 100 hours in Siege. It's fucking fantastic. Get it cheap somewhere if you have to.
>>
>>323084114
worth 40 bucks not 60. still a heck a lot of fun snag it while on sale.
>>
Rainbow Six Siege is a fair example of how corporate asshats like Ubisoft can ruin an actuall good game. I give the devs props for not taking the safe route with the fps genre by making it Battlefield or COD-esque, but the tactical and slower approach.

But Ubisoft fucked up badly with poor servers and whats worse, they sent the devs on a two wek vacation because of holidays while disableing ranked matches.

So unless they fix the FUCKING SERVERS this game is dead.

Worth it? yes, BUT ONLY IF THEY FIX THE FUCKING SERVERS
>>
>>323084114
If you can get it for cheaper on keysites for example get it, it's a great and super fun shooter and fills in a niche if you don't want CS, COD, zombie x3, wannabe milsim or straightout milsim.
>>
I love it but takes too fucking long to join games sometimes. And multiple times I have joined a game just for the defeat/victory message.
>>
File: 14094870182952.png (81KB, 421x109px) Image search: [Google]
14094870182952.png
81KB, 421x109px
Canadian operators soon, fellow operators
>>
>>323088548
So you didn't play the full game?

Then your opinion doesn't matter, lol.
>>
uplay is an atrocity, so if you're fine with getting random disconnects and shit not working as intended, go on ahead
>>
A fix patch just came out today for PC.

Consoles is on the 14th i think.

It's a good game.
>>
>>323088727
>>323088773
The patch today helped a lot with the matchmaking, it's still not perfect but most of the time it will find a game within a few seconds. I've been playing all day and only a couple of times have we had to wait longer than a minute.
>>
>>323087856
I played the Alpha and gave up on it then. Simple but neat concept that could've been much better with decent execution, aka classic Ubihard.
>>
>>323088921
But she looks chinese
>>
>>323084114

Actually the best game I've played in a while.

So it's a recommendation from me.
>>
>>323088942
>people playing demos can't express their opinion
okay sure, not like i care what others spend their money on
>>
>>323088579
Pretty much this exactly.

I personally love Siege, however it is a bitch to play with friends, unless you have changed your NAT type or port forward, because Ubisoft.

That said, it's insanely fun if you don't mind being able to die instantly and permanently.
>>
>>323088921
What does the Tactical Lumberjack and the Innuit do?
>>
>>323084114
>any other multiplayer games good for 3 players?

Helldivers
>>
>>323084114
Got 100 hours in it.
I'd get it for $30-20 if you enjoyed Rainbow Six in the past and want a 5v5 multiplayer game focusing on recreating that.

It's a lot of fun alone, with friends it will probably work out a lot better for you. If your friends are casual and unwilling to adapt it may turn shit quickly because it's all about outwitting your opponents. If they are addicted to GO it probably won't go well either because Siege isn't good enough to be e-sports yet and they will nitpick it to death.

Battles seem quite unique with the destruction and gadget placement and keeps things fresh but it's all about tense 5v5 matches there is really very little else.
>>
>>323089025
though i like the good news i think its a bit early to spend my money on it, ill just wait for one more week, see how things are, then buy it.

Otherwise ill just spend it on dragon dildos to shove it up my ass
>>
>>323089127
Ever heard of eskimos you fucking nerd?
>>
>>323089294
I heard everyone dropped this a week after it gained some traction on /v/. Is it true? I'd love a long lasting co op twin stick shooter but don't want to buy it to realise it was FOTM shit.
>>
>>323084114
Helldivers is great.

Siege is also pretty good, but don't pay too much for it.
>>
>>323089554

If you have friends its hilarious, I don't know how much staying power it has but for 20 dollars its certainly a fun time.
>>
>>323084114
It is incredibly fun, but only if you have a couple friends to join you in pubs, teamwork is the most fun.

The only problem is the PC version has really bad servers. DC really often and get a bit of lag here and there, really puts a dent in an otherwise super fun game.

Honestly though I wouldn't get it for full price, I got it on sale for about 45 bucks which I am pretty happy with.
>>
File: 14049801892512.png (38KB, 187x187px) Image search: [Google]
14049801892512.png
38KB, 187x187px
>>323089259
Underbarrel shotgun for the attacker. Possibly bear traps for the defender.
>>
>>323090087
>Bear traps
Okay, I'm in.
>>
>>323089180
alright so stop quoting me and find another thread to shitpost in
>>
It's not worth $60.

It is, however, a damn good game. I picked it up 2 days ago and have already sunk 10 hours in. Without a doubt the most dynamic multiplayer shooter out there in terms of how things can go down. If you pick off the only guy capable of breaching reinforced walls, all of the sudden attackers have to come up with a new plan and defenders watch far fewer entries. That change of plan translates to almost ever action in a match, and carries the game upon its knack for being novel in almost every encounter.

The other nice thing is that its a very specific kind of game. It has a measured tempo up until a big firefight where everything goes tits up and people die quick. What that means is that very specific kinds of people are playing it, such as those that enjoy ""tactical"" shooters and slower, more methodical gameplay. I've had no trouble finding pleasure in playing "casual" solo because you're less likely to find an unskilled and uncooperative player then, say, CoD or Battlefield. The ranked mode is locked until level 20, maybe 20-25 hours worth of playtime, and I'd imagine once I get there it's really only people who care to play and win.

I had money to burn so it wasn't any trouble picking it up. If you're looking for something new in a shooter, and aren't living paycheck to paycheck where $60 is a big investment, pick it up.
>>
Just get Vegas 2 instead. The campaign is short but fun if you like that sort of thing.
>>
Not OP, but this question didn't merit it's own thread. I'm looking for something fun to keep me occupied for the rest of January. Should I go with Siege or Just Cause 3?
>>
>>323084114
It's a lot of fun with friends, coming up with and executing tacticool plans. I wouldn't suggest buying it for $60 though, I bought it for $35.
>>
>>323090716
Siege unless you want more of JC2
>>
>>323090716
jc3 is just prettier jc2
>>
>>323091082
>>323091082
Siege it is.
>>
siege would almost be a 9/10 if the netcode wasnt fucking horrible and the game didnt have some weird bugs
>>
>>323091760
also you will run into many wall hackers already.(at least in higher ranks) Theres also no way of reporting someone other than going onto the forums and making a topic i think. they really fucked that one up
>>
How essential is having a mic in this game?
>>
>>323091994
It'll help a ton but if you aren't playing ranked you can do without shyposter.
>>
Played every closed beta and I can safely say that if you have a couple friends to play with, its worth it. $60 is a bit hefty for a multiplayer only experience so doing solo with pubs would just make one salty forever.
>>
>>323091994
You can use pings which will place a yellow marker on your teams hud or spot enemies with your drone if you don't have a mic, and it obviously supports text chat.

However, spotting with your drone will alert the enemy team to the fact that they've been spotted, they will shoot your drone and reposition in response, you can fuck their plan up a lot better if you don't spot and just tell everyone where the bad guys are sitting.
>>
>>323093950
The most annoying shit is when a teammate has lost their drone, you just get yours into a good hiding spot and then said teammate starts spotting while spectating you, giving away your position.
They should really only give them that option until after the prep phase is over when spotting is actually needed.
>>
>>323094625
When you've placed a drone well just turn it around to face the wall, this has the added bonus of not only stopping this bullshit, but hiding the little red light on your drone and making it much harder for the enemies to spot as well.
>>
>>323095003
Think I will do this from now on, doesn't the red light only show when holding down the spot button?
>>
>>323088921
Twitch is better
>>
>>323084114
Don't listen to the bullshit on /v/ The game is worth it.
>>
>>323095091
I think it flashes when you spot, but there's also a dim light that's visible on the front at all times.
>>
File: 1450146823481.jpg (156KB, 500x612px) Image search: [Google]
1450146823481.jpg
156KB, 500x612px
It's actually a great game, especially with friends. We cant stop playing it. It does have issues though, and I'm not sure if I can fully recommend it. The two main things that bug me are the netcode (although supposedly the patch today fixed most the issues, i played a bunch of games today and had no issues) and the fact that there's micro transactions in a $60 MULTIPLAYER ONLY GAME. The micro transactions are just for ugly ass cosmetic skins, but still, it's stupid as fuck that a multiplayer only game that most people have trouble justifying paying for has micro transactions to boot.

I've put ~200 hours into it so far though and haven't been slowing down, get it if you want a tactical shooter that allows for tons of memes and antics.
>>
File: 1421030938299.jpg (39KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
1421030938299.jpg
39KB, 400x600px
>>323096673
oh, one more thing.

BUY IT ON A KEYSITE. DONT BUY IT ON STEAM/UPLAY. I GOT MINE FROM CJ'S CDKEYS, THEY HAVE IT FOR $40 BUCKS AND MOST KEYSITES HAVE IT FOR THE SAME PRICE.

The game is fun but I wouldnt consider it worth 40 schhlongs.
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.