[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You can't play video games forever. One day you'll

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 233
Thread images: 39

File: 1451534021833.jpg (5KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
1451534021833.jpg
5KB, 184x184px
You can't play video games forever.

One day you'll have to go outside, work a full time job and provide for yourself.

This is all a mirage.
>>
wow how fucking deep, Freud
>>
Not if I kill myself.
>>
So theres time left. np
>>
>>323071991

lol, fucking kiddies getting rekt
>>
File: 1451774879121.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1451774879121.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
Not if I kill myself first!
>>
File: Zanza.png (194KB, 340x348px) Image search: [Google]
Zanza.png
194KB, 340x348px
>>323071991
you're the one who's a mirage
>>
Nah, I'll just live with my mom till she dies and then kill myself
>>
Brb going to PMD-verse
>>
>>323072395
This, I will always have the final say in my life.
>>
File: LL.jpg (403KB, 1276x1018px) Image search: [Google]
LL.jpg
403KB, 1276x1018px
>>323071991
I work 60 hours a week and still play vidya, suck my direct deposit.
>>
I do that already and play videogames still.

Am I some kind of god?
>>
I have a job in a graveyard shift on weekends that pays me enough to live by myself and allows me to play during the entire week, cuck.

Heck, even my job with an 8 hour shift can be done in 3 hours allowing me to play for the rest of the night.
>>
>>323071991
I have a fulltime job , earn money and live on my own. Joke's on you.
>>
>>323072737
Working a pointless job is worse than not working at all, despite what your overlords tell you.
>>
>>323072849

Say that to yourself, at least I can live on my own and still have time to play videogames.
>>
>>323072849
Not at all. If you get paid well working a pointless job is the fucking best because you can do whatever you want at work and get paid for it.
>>
>>323072990
I can do all of that with a job that means something.
>>
>>323073143
>job that means something
Literally who cares. I'd rather shitpost on 4chan at work than have a meaningful job. Unless the meaningful job pays twice as much I don't give a fuck.
>>
>>323073143

No, you don't.

Stop being delusional because you got exposed, retard.
>>
>>323073260
Can you elaborate on that? Any arguments to backup your claim?
>>
>tfw you found out your losing your job yesterday
>>
File: 1446138824854.jpg (98KB, 544x626px) Image search: [Google]
1446138824854.jpg
98KB, 544x626px
Don't make me inherit a large sum of money, anon.
I'll fucking do it to keep playing vidya I swear.
>>
nothing lasts forever.
once you realize you are going to die someday, there is no excuse to waste your most of your time on work and commute(if you an manage it).
>>
What if I live on my own, pay all my own bills, have a qt gf, and still enjoy vidya?
>>
>>323071991
Nah f a m. I work so I can spend money on my hobbies, one of which, is video games.
>>
>>323071991
But anon, I already live on my own and have a full time job which I hate.
It's not so bad, I can still play vidya.
>>
>>323073524

>a job that means something

whoah!
>>
I'm more worried about my video gaming skills getting worse and worse. I'm already 25 and feel im a worse player than I was 5 years ago.
>>
File: 1447583019098.jpg (137KB, 871x917px) Image search: [Google]
1447583019098.jpg
137KB, 871x917px
Whats the easiest way to suicide /v/?
>>
>>323071991
I have a full time job and play video games.
What now OP?
>>
>>323071991
gub'ment money checks nigga, I ain't gotta do shit but vidya till I die.
>>
>>323074070
Reading reddit all day and half of the sjw shill and shitposting here will kill you inside , that will mostly cover it.
>>
Hey, kid. Welcome to Prison.

You think you just woke up here one day, right? Think again. It was your whole life that brought you to this. Fact is, you were born to be here. Go ahead, look around. I’ll be here when you get back.

Looks smaller than it is, don’t it? Sometimes, it doesn’t even feel all that bad. But still, You look through those bars, and you see all that you’re missing. Hopes. Dreams. What could-have-been. Here, put your palms up to the Black Iron, grab the bars, let me show you something.

Feel that? That’s all the books you’ve read. And that entire wall over there is your adolescence. Look up: It’s your CD collection. The floor you woke up on? Your parents. Like I said, you were born to be here. It’s your life, it’s the cold trap of your own existence. You painted yourself into a corner.

So, now you’re wondering why you feel trapped here, in your own life. Why now, why today, can you see the bars of a Black Iron Prison that you made for yourself? Because you stopped reacting, and took a couple of steps forward. You thought you could do what you wanted, you tried to be self reliant, and bang. You smacked your head against the wall.

Look around you. Look at these cold, black bars. The colorless ceiling. The hard ground. That’s your universe. That’s the world you’re going to be living in for the rest of your life here in Prison. You’re going to live out your life in quiet desperation. Or, not so quiet if you decide to take the rife/bell tower route. Either way, long or short, it’ll feel the same. Dead, unchanging.

So, if you’re interested, I’d like to invite you to a jailbreak... Just turn around.
>>
>>323074070
Don't run into traffic. People will actually give a shit once in their life.
>>
>>323074186
Hopefully soon
>>
>>323074070
I actually got banned from 4chan for a two months. I decided for once just to not ban evade out of curiosity.

Those two months have been the most productive and healthy time in my life. I honestly feel like my outlook and general mindset of life has improved by avoiding this website. Of course I came back after the ban is up. Instead of killing yourself why not get visit by the party van and give you a few months of tranquil release.

It's all moot though, you're here forever.
>>
>>323074856
That would work if bans were still like that.

Now you can still lurk.
>>
>>323074305
>letting any of that bullshit have an effect on you
you sound like an absolute pussy
>>
>>323071991
But anon, I'm working full time, have a wife and still play vidya.
>>
>>323072301
drrrr drrrr drrr
>>
>>323072849
Are you retarded? This is the best job ever.
>>
>>323072301
IT WAS MADE FOR ME
THIS IS MY HOLE
>>
>>323072672
I "work" 48 hours every 8 days. I literally sit in a chair watching vidya streams, shitposting on /v/ while monitoring application logs/alerts.
I get paid £42,000 a year for this.
>>
>>323075070
It has the same effect on me as it has on you, i just noticed that it doesnt give me anything except anger.

Fuck the jews
Fuck niggers
Fuck cucks
Fuck all the tranny faggots
Fuck politics fuck refugees fuck merkel, fuck it all.
Bomb them all to death , running with a knive through the city stabbing each motherfucker would make me happy.

But whats the point , fuck them ill just go play videogames and jerk off.
>>
>>323074552
Nice blog, faggot.
>>
File: HE'S FAST!.jpg (76KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
HE'S FAST!.jpg
76KB, 400x300px
Are there any games where I can be faster than my opponent?
>>
Trump will end obamacare and force the neets of 4chan into suicide.
>>
Jokes on you, I get autismbux.
>>
>>323071991
But that day is not today.
>>
>>323071991
i won shitload of money in lottery
on first fucking try
>>
>>323072301
Where does that come out to?
>>
>>323076039
F.E.A.R.
>>
>>323076275
Your funds will be cut severely when the next republican is elected. Not even disabilities will save you.
>>
>>323076520
it doesn't
>>
>>323076520
A bigger cavern. Thats the only entrance.
>>
>>323076471
I give a lot of people shit for playing the lottery, but I might try it once just to see if I have the same luck.
>>
>>323076864
There is 0 harm in playing the lottery every now and then.
>>
>>323076668
>>323076760
Well shit, my claustrophobia can't take that.
>>
Not if I'm NEET.

My grandparents left me a house at 21, all paid off and fixed up.

Along with 200,000.

I can sit on my arse and play vidya all my life and die out of the way.

Fucking ace.
>>
I have a full time job and occasionally vidya.
I've sorta turned into a dirty retro collector though.

Also skylanders, because I'm a manchild
>>
>>323071991
I'm too busy going to university pretending that I'm setting up my career when in fact I have no idea what to do with life.
>>
>>323077359
200k won't last an entire lifetime. you'll waste it all on junk food and vidya in about a year. then you'll be right back where you started. broke, skillless and will sell your home
>>
>>323077004
The guy they were trying to rescue was trapped head first in an almost vertical hole.

They couldn't get him out
>>
>>323077359
You should get a part time job to supplement your money.
>>
I'm 23 with no bank account. I really am a dumb asshole.
>>
>>323075407

I see what you did there mr spaghetti
>>
>>323077924
If he was smart, he'd rent the home and invest the money.
>>
>>323076864
You know what they say, "you gotta play to win."

Just don't go overboard. Let other people pay lots of money into the jackpot, while you try to snipe it with your $1-$2 ticket. It's an ultimate "fuck you"
>>
>>323078026
How did they even got the rescuers out?
>>
>>323071991
Its called time management skills

Get them.
>>
>>323071991
>tfw mobile developer
>tfw 4 hour work day
>tfw 2k a month

feels gud
>>
File: truth_is_out_there.jpg (203KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
truth_is_out_there.jpg
203KB, 1920x1080px
But I work from home and live with my parents. You can't make me go outside!
>>
>>323071991
I have a full time job and play video games during my spare time.
Hell, I even play more video games now than before because I can pretty much buy whatever I want and don't spend days doing nothing at all
>>
Don't see the problem. I'm doing that right now. Enjoy my gaming on the weekends/after work instead of getting shit faced.
>>
>>323078372
>Tfw browsergame developer
>2k hours work per day
>4 bucks per month
>>
>>323078194
He couldn't rent the home because if something broke while renting it to a tenant he wouldn't have the knowledge and funds to fix anything. washer, dryer, fridge, plumbing. He'd just be sued for contract violation.
>>
You'll work until the day you die and receive nothing but table scraps in return. How does it feel to be a slave?
>>
>>323075743

shut up kid, go back to your limp bizkit cds
>>
File: cave.jpg (191KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
cave.jpg
191KB, 1280x720px
>>323078227
Rope and pulley systems.
>>
>>323078684
>he wouldn't have the knowledge and funds to fix anything
200k can hire someone to do those things.
>>
>>323078216
That's the plan, m8. Problem is economy class fucked me up real bad in high school and now I see every dollar that isn't a sound investment is a dollar wasted, and said dollars add up to be a large amount which can be used to purchase better things.

I bought a pizza yesterday for around $16 and I was pissed at myself later for not just going to Little Caesars and getting a shitty cardboard pizza for $5.

And that's why I don't play the lottery, a dollar wasted at playing it is literally a dollar wasted, there is no upside.

I'll still play someday, maybe when I'm less autistic.
>>
>>323078895

>Nutty Putty

That's a hilarious name for a cave.
>>
>>323078889
Clueless shitposting... Wanna discuss videogames instead?
>>
>>323071991
is this king krule btw?
>>
>>323078572
be a sellout, work smart and put love into your work.

don't compromise any part of your game. players can tell when you're being lazy or when you don't love your game.

also, learn how to properly monetize and expand into as many platforms as possible and logical for your software.
>>
But can you - save me
Come on and - save me
If you could - save me
From the ranks of the freaks
Who suspect they could never love anyone
;-;
>>
>>323079336
to expand on don't compromising:

you can compromise, it'll just lower your chances of succeeding. you don't need to be an excellent artist do make your game look good, just work hard really.
>>
>>323079336
Sadly im working in an office with a boss and all that shit. We drain on both sides of the money so my boss can drive his bmw in first gear to the office.
>>
What careers should I look into pursuing? I don't wanna life the neet life any longer. Don't have Uni experience. What's something generally reliable? I'm thinking something in the IT field, but don't know exactly what (plus apprenticeships are a good way to both learn n' earn, and experience is key from what I've heard)

Help me /v/. What do you all do for a living?
>>
>>323075718
Literally my dream job. I'm studying CS to find some stupid data monkey job like this.
>>
>>323079759
Start in a pc hardware store repairing pcs and shit. Its fun and requires no skill.
>>
>>323079759
Anything in the IT field. It doesn't matter.
Work with normal ass fucking computers and repair electronics.
Maybe learn programming, that's huge money.
Work any help desk job
>>
>>323079759
Trade work
Carpentry, plumbing, electrical, etc

People shit all over it but its a really solid profession and the workforce is all hitting retirement age.

Community college/trade schools are a lot cheaper then uni. Just be prepared for people to shit on you for going into a 'low end job'.

Low risk, high reward anon.
>>
Getting a job was the best thing to happen to me.
Living on my own, can afford all the vidya, consoles, and beefy pc i want.
Sure working sucks, but being a walking disappointment to my family while living at home was horrible and vidya was my escape.
Now i actually appreciate my free time and dont need an escape, i can truely love vidya again.
Neets will brag how good they have it while they play dota on their toaster and whine that everything costs money, its hard to be jealous.
>>
>>323075718
wait what do you do, £42k is an easily comfortable wage (for me personally)
>>
M-F 37.5 hours a week here niggers. I still have more time than I need to play vidya.

You guys shouldn't worry about working. Worry about having kids. That's the end of your fucking life right there. But that's getting real ahead of yourself since I'm sure half of you are on /r9k/ bitching about the friendzone
>>
51 hours a week anon here

I can play video games forever and I'll never stop.
>>
>wake up
>commute
>work
>commute
>do work around the house
>sleep
>repeat
Truly a lifestyle to be envious of.
>>
>>323080551
You can play gameboy while commuting
>>
>>323080551
>wake up
>vidya
>vidya
>vidya
>vidya
>sleep
Truly a life to be envious of

In all honesty tho, different strokes for different blokes
>>
>>323080551
>Wake up
>Fap
>Commute
>Work
>Shitpost
>Work
>Commute
>Play vidya
>Watch anime
>Shitpost
>Fap
>Sleep
Life is fine.
>>
I get NEETbux so yeah i can play videogames forever~
>>
>>323080039
>>323080086
>>323080125

Thanks anons, will take all into consideration. I think since I've already spend a lot of time with computers I should look into IT. Do any of you know, or anyone else, having any good suggestions for specific roles? In the UK atleast we have apprentiships where you go work for a company, get paid, but they teach you at the same time and give you a degree or simular at the end, but it's usually IT [insert name of role here] job. Probably sounds stupid but should probably look up and see what I enjoy most, just wanna know if there's something I should generally avoid if daily work life it shit, or isn't worth the time. Thanks again.
>>
Working 36 hours a week and have Friday and the weekend off.

Playing vidya and fucking my onaholes was my dream and I'm finally living it. You can't bring me down, OP.
>>
>you are inspired but unmotivated
>youve always dreamed of becoming a writer
>you have contemplated going into politics when you're much older
>sometimes you will day dream about your writing being published and produced so your life becomes a cake walk

This is you.
>>
>>323079064
Ha I'm the same.

In hindsight I should of "abused" my parents funds since it was practically free money without care, but whenever I asked for money to go out I would never spend it 'cause I always felt like I was wasting it. At least I saved it all up :^)
>>
>>323081495
There are hundreds dude.
Help Desk
Desktop Support Technician
PC Technician
Technical Editor
Support Analyst
Systems Administrator
Data Entry
Remote Desktop Support
Network Operations Analyst
Technical Data Analyst
Developer
Cable Tech
Network Engineer
Business Analyst
IT Network Admin

I'm just throwing shit out there. There are tons of variations for IT jobs. Most of it has analyst, support, engineer, technician, or admin attached to it.
>>
>>323082097
yeah I understand, just hard to "decide" on something when I haven't had any actual experience doing it. I'll look into it more and pray that I pick something worthwhile and that I actually enjoy.
>>
>>323080662
>you can play a gameboy while driving
we arent all as crazy as you
>>
>TFW unemployed Londoner
>Dropped out of a chem eng degree after 3 years
>Overqualified for the shit jobs
>Underqualified for the good jobs
>Pay bills earning under minimum wage doing contract jobs on Fiverr and Upwork

Life is truly suffering.

You haven't had it bad when you tried your hardest to climb the ladder, but misstepped right near the top and fell right back into the pond scum you came from.
>>
>>323071991
jokes on you fucko

i work a full time job, married, own a house, AND still have time to play video games.
>>
Just get autismbux and then you are forever free.
>>
>>323082297
Yeah you can't ask us what to decide on. There is hardware and software and some jobs do both while others do just one or the other. Even if you said you wanted to do programming there are lots of different languages and positions.
>>
Should I join the RAF as IT technician lads

Anyone here done this. IT would probably be good for me as a person too.
>>
I was a NEET from age 22-25. The first year was fucking glorious. Felt like I was cheating at life. By the third year I was so depressed that I pretty much no longer enjoyed vidya. I couldn't play without being high, and I had become so isolated that I only played stuff like League or CS, just to have people communicating with me; or if I had no weed, shitposting for hours.

I've been employed making a humble 40k for the last 3 years and I'm happier than I've ever been. I live with my girlfriend instead of my mom. I have health insurance. I still have plenty of time for vidya, and I enjoy it way more.

One of my oldest friends trainwrecked his life and is still a 28 year old NEET. He tries to unironically brag about it sometimes and I just let him. Why rub in the fact that he's depressed as fuck, lives with his parents (who have lost all respect for him), and because of that will also be alone until he unfucks himself? Bragging about his wretched existence is one of the only things he still has.
>>
>>323082297
just google "highest paying it jobs" and pick the one with good pay and number of job opening

ez pz :^)
>>
>>323082832
Don't listen to this guy. He's lying to make you feel bad about your life.

It's actually decent being an older neet. Since you had so much free time studying subjects you enjoyed, you now have the enlightenment required to study something you're passionate about.

Boredom is the best thing for curing a lack of creativity. I'm currently an accomplished screenwriter and the first 6 years of my life all I did was sit around and figure out what I wanted to write about.
>>
Not if I leech off the government/parents and pirate everything.
>>
>>323081495
As someone who went to uni and is now a qualified solicitor, a "professional", take it from me: do an apprenticeship. My mate started at the bottom as a pipe fitter. He earns twice what I earn and has done for about six years. And he's thick as shit.

Every cunt goes to uni now as a matter of course. We're a nation of flabby call centre workers.

Learn a trade that requires skill. Doesn't matter about starting at the bottom. Learn something useful and you'll find your skills are in demand.
>>
File: 1452069868390.jpg (10KB, 375x375px) Image search: [Google]
1452069868390.jpg
10KB, 375x375px
>>323082832
>Why rub in the fact that he's depressed as fuck, lives with his parents (who have lost all respect for him), and because of that will also be alone until he unfucks himself

Yes.. Good goy. It's such an embarrassment to live at home when youre older.

Go out there and get a mortgage already, you silly goyim. What are you waiting for?
>>
File: 1451534321640.jpg (12KB, 250x301px) Image search: [Google]
1451534321640.jpg
12KB, 250x301px
>>323082832
>>323083219
Actually, both of you are right, just different approaches!
>>
>>323080008
>>323080327
Application support
>>
>>323081191
What happens when your toaster finally dies?
>>
>>323071991
>You'll grow out of video-games
It's already happened, you just won't admit it.
Someday even the memory of vidya won't be enough to make it through another hour of pointless button bashing, that is when you'll lose your last sliver of hope.
>>
I'm 29 and I haven't worked a day in my life. Been living off government money for the last 10 years.

I wake up, play games and watch anime, and go to sleep. That's been my schedule for 10 years.
>>
>>323071991
I already do that and still play video games.
>>
>>323071991
why did you use my thumbnail
>>
>>323083497
Nope, the original guy didn't learn anything. All he did was figure out that his life was miserable, but he didn't take proactive measures to counter this.

He just did what all normies tell you to do, not what he actually wanted.
>>
I pay video games at work. Don't we all?
>>
>>323083396
if you arent making enough money to rent an apartment, you are a failure, sorry
>>
>>323083782
why op
>>
>>323083396
It's a different story if you live at home while working or going to school than if you are a pure NEET.
>>
>>323077803
This, i dont know what i gonna do when my parents kick me of the house, probably just kill myself.
>>
File: 1451070194089.jpg (38KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1451070194089.jpg
38KB, 500x375px
>>323083927
Why not buy the apartment, rent it out to some Chinese and continue to live with your parents while you collect negative gearing?
>>
But I did move out and got a full time job. Now all I play is Brutal Doom and League of Legends.
>>
>>323080171
this.
I know that feel mang
>>
File: b6cee86e45de72fb1e66d25be78e1779.jpg (599KB, 1300x1235px) Image search: [Google]
b6cee86e45de72fb1e66d25be78e1779.jpg
599KB, 1300x1235px
>>323083558
I use my NEETbux to fix it.
>>
File: 1451533998177.jpg (104KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1451533998177.jpg
104KB, 768x1024px
>>323083793
I can't agree with you more since I'm doing the same thing as you.
>>
>>323083927
I make $17/h but that isn't a lot in Commiefornia. I'm sure I COULD rent an apartment but I don't want to when I can live at home and do more things.
>>
>>323083219
>implying all of us neets actually use our free time to learn skills
27 and I'm pretty sure my brain is rotting. I can't even do grade 6 level math anymore. I'm going to crash and burn in a few years.
>>
>>323080171
The thing is, you're only rationalising your purchases under the presumption that you deserve it for working.

Someone working just as hard as you could be playing dota on a toaster simply because he chooses not to waste his money on such luxuries while he has a mortgage to pay.
>>
>>323083769
This is the literal dream
>>
>>323084217
How much do you get? I'm on disability and get $800 a month.
>>
>>323084454
What the flying fuck am I reading
Please stop with the sour grapes anon it's embarrassing
>>
Anyone have that /biz/ post that shows the fate of a NEET?
>>
>>323084631
I know a guy who earns £110k a year but lives in a tiny London flat, has barely any furniture and puts all his money into stocks.

It's a different life, anon. Not all of us feel the need to splurge half our paycheck on unnecessary luxuries just so we can justify the fact we work at all.
>>
>>323084845
What does that have to do with anything?
So he makes a lot of money and does nothing he enjoys? What kind of shit are you spouting?
>>
>>323084845
>an average gaming pc for less than 1000 bucks
>which you spend 5h a day on since it's your hobby
>unnecessary luxuries
Anon fucking please
>>
>>323073646
>tfw worked at job for 4 years
>get let go the day before the start of the christmas season
>for the usual glut of seasonal hires who will quit after january if they don't get fired for being huge fuckups before then
>No money to spend on christmas because of this
>couldn't get my family members anything like I usually do
>>
>>323084545
Holy shit you make a fortune.
>>
>one day you'll never ever have any free time ever

Bullshit. I have full time job and I can still find time to play vidya.
>>
File: 1452104701394.png (1MB, 923x641px) Image search: [Google]
1452104701394.png
1MB, 923x641px
>>323071991
>Work full time, 40hr week job
>Play video games when I get home
>Can literally play video games forever

Guys, help, I beat the system
>>
File: 01.png (233KB, 800x1243px) Image search: [Google]
01.png
233KB, 800x1243px
>>323075407
so it begins
>>
>>323085008
>>323085051
He's investing into his future, something proactive that I couldn't expect anyone on /v/ to understand.
>>
>>323079172
It's a horrible name for a cave to die in.
>>
>tfw worked a job for 2 years
>Tell them I'm putting in my two week notice so I can go to school full time
>They want to keep me so badly they offer me part time and say I can pick my own hours
>Tell them I'll be back in 3 months and then we'll talk about it

Currently living NEET life before college and going back to work. Why didn't you do good enough where they wanted to keep you?
>>
>be NEET
>former friends and same aged family members have husband/wive, career, even kids
>they treat me like the manchild I am
>can't even hold a conversation with them anymore
Being a NEET is all fun and games until this happens.
>>
File: 02.png (276KB, 800x1271px) Image search: [Google]
02.png
276KB, 800x1271px
>>323085372
>>
>>323085383
Oh yeah, I also like living like a hobo for two decades so that I can buy a mansion the day before i drop dead
>>
>>323083219
Just giving my anecdotal experience, friend. You might be happy. It goes without saying that many NEETs are not. My friend is now an alcoholic that regularly abuses his prescription lorazepam; benzos that he was given recently to try to dull the constant background hum of anxiety and self-hatred that permeates his existence. The love of his life left him when it became clear that he might never get his shit together.

>>323083396
I lived with my parents for a year or so even after I got a job. It's a great idea. That's not the same as living with your parents because you're incapable of taking care of yourself or doing anything to improve your situation.
>>
>>323085383
That's the dumbest fucking thing I've ever heard. If you make that much money you can invest and spend in luxuries. If you don't enjoy life while you're young you'll regret it when you're older, even if you have 10million saved when you're 60.

He doesn't have to spend all his fucking money at once to enjoy life or do things he enjoys. He can live in a humble adobe and buy stuff for his hobbies. Doesn't mean he has to buy 20 new cars or something stupid.

God damn you're dumb.
>>
File: 03.png (226KB, 800x1186px) Image search: [Google]
03.png
226KB, 800x1186px
>>323085515
>>
>>323085338
Is that a lot for disability bux?
>>
>come home from work
>decide to play video games in my spare time
>as soon as I turn my computer on, my boss breaks into my house, throws my computer out a window
>he yells "PEOPLE WITH JOBS ARE NOT ALLOWED TO PLAY VIDEO GAMES" and runs away

I wish I had never gotten a job. ;_;
>>
>>323085625
You sound like the stupid one to be honest. He plays vidya on a modest PC lives in a modest house and has kept the same standard of living since birth despite earning more.

I'd say that's more humble than whatever you think is better.
>>
Nigga I have a job, and go to school and I STILL find time to play video games, as well as indulge in my love of film

Lrn 2 time manage
>>
File: 04.png (227KB, 800x1221px) Image search: [Google]
04.png
227KB, 800x1221px
>>323085638
>>
File: 1364339072133.gif (850KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1364339072133.gif
850KB, 320x320px
>>323085638
I haven't read this in a long time.

Proceed.
>>
>>323085383

>saving money for the age where you can't enjoy it instead of spending it during the age you can enjoy it
>>
File: fastest_shitposter.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
fastest_shitposter.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
I have a full time job making 60k a year and a live-in girlfriend and somehow I still have time to enjoy video games. Dunno why some folks can't hack it.
>>
File: 05.png (239KB, 800x1202px) Image search: [Google]
05.png
239KB, 800x1202px
>>323085841
>>
>>323085383
That's rather misguided. What kind of "future" exactly would a person like that be aiming for that would not be presently acquirable with a $110k salary? And how would investing in stocks help them acquire it?
>>
>>323085783
There is a difference between living a humble life, and earning 100k a year but not having the money to spend 1k on your hobby every other year
The latter is being a super cheap jew
>>
>>323085783
>He plays vidya on a modest PC
If you make 110k a year you can play vidya on a 10k PC that will last you years, and by then the 10k wont matter at all.

I don't care about a modest house. Even if I was a millionaire I'd want to live in a modest house. Regardless, there is a huge difference between a high end gaming PC ($2k-3k) and a big house ($300k-$600k).

You're literally retarded.
>>
>>323083396
living at home and being a NEET is completely different.
I lived with my parents til I was 32, no one talked shit about me (afaik) because I supported my family and helped pay half the rent.

Which was infinitely cheaper than wasting money renting or trying to get a mortgage when I have literally nothing saved up (and for a long time had student loans). That's a stressful way to live, hoping every month you have enough money to pay for everything and if the slightest mishap were to happen you'd be fucked. It's how most people quickly spiral out of control with credit card debt.
>>
>>323086046
Where are you getting this thousand dollar PC from?
>>
>>323076760
>>323077004

I dont think it is the only entrace. For all we know, that is the ceiling of a bigger cave, that might have a huge fuck entrace a few hundred meters away. People arent THAT stupid.

>>323085372
I aprove
>>
>>323086201
That's how much a good gaming pc costs
>>
>>323073910
this
>>
File: 06.png (335KB, 800x1196px) Image search: [Google]
06.png
335KB, 800x1196px
>>323085967
I think I can see mine too
>>
>>323086067
It's simply a different rationale to yours. he clearly has a better value of dollar than you do. He knows every dollar invested today is a potential thousand dollars in the future.

I presume you are American or from a country that promotes consumerism heavily in its culture?
>>
>>323086359
My body is ready.
>>
File: 07.png (251KB, 800x1212px) Image search: [Google]
07.png
251KB, 800x1212px
>>323086359
>>
>>323075743

Edgy
>>
>>323085625
>>323086067

My aunt and uncle both make over 100k a year, yet they live like they have an average income. They have 3 kids so that might have something to do with it, but holy fuck 200k+ a year is insane. Are some people just naturally jews with their money?
>>
>>323086118
This.

>Lived at home till I was 27
>Paid off all debts
>Own a nice car that should last me years
>Had a nice degree
>Got a good job
>Saved up for furniture and other home stuff
>Built up my credit by buying everything with a credit card and paying it off
>Saved up a down payment and 1 years mortgage for a house
>Moved out
Life is good.
>>
Joke's on you. I work from home. Sometimes I even play an hour of Crusader Kings to take a break from it.
>>
>>323086468
>being this obsessed with increasing your money with no end goal in mind.
It looks like your buddies hobby is investing, which is just how he spends his time.

What are YOU doing, anon?
>>
File: 08.png (242KB, 800x1196px) Image search: [Google]
08.png
242KB, 800x1196px
>>323086497
>>
>>323086359
This manga would be more realistic if the holes were in the ground and people didn't know they were there until it's too late. 0/10, objectively bad.
>>
>>323086624
I'm a screenwriter.
>>
>>323086691

Posting on 4chan does not count as screenwriting.
>>
>>323086691
Ahh good career choice. I'm sure there's no trouble entering THAT market is there?
>>
File: 09.png (251KB, 800x1199px) Image search: [Google]
09.png
251KB, 800x1199px
>>323086630
>>
>>323086468
What the fuck is he doing with his future though? 110k a year is plenty of invest in your future, live in a decent home, and pay for your hobbies.

He could save/invest 70k of it a year and STILL have plenty for hobbies and a home. Whats he going to do? Save till hes 60 then buy a fucking mansion, nice cars, and travel the world for 10 years before he dies of a heart attack? Whats the point

There is no end goal in mind.
>>
File: 10.png (202KB, 800x1226px) Image search: [Google]
10.png
202KB, 800x1226px
>>323086819
After all those years, I get it now. This story is all about NEETs
>>
>>323086816
not him, but why are you so ass-assaulted anon?
>>
>>323086468
>every dollar invested today is a potential thousand dollars in the future
You keep chasing that mirage.
>>
File: 11.png (231KB, 800x1238px) Image search: [Google]
11.png
231KB, 800x1238px
>>323086958
>>
I work data entry, 25 hours a week at $15/hour. I'm okay for now.
>>
>>323086958
And yet, I still don't fucking get it.

Whats the point of this? How does it fucking end?
>>
File: 12.png (221KB, 800x1202px) Image search: [Google]
12.png
221KB, 800x1202px
>>323087068
>>
File: tumblrmaymay.jpg (30KB, 248x345px) Image search: [Google]
tumblrmaymay.jpg
30KB, 248x345px
>>323087037
>implying I didnt just come into the thread to shitpost and make fun of stupidity

New to this board?
>>
>>323086847
it seems clear that investing is his hobby, his game.

There is no end-game to a hobby. You enjoy it and that's it.
>>
>>323084336
Get out of commiefornia dude. It's a hellhole that feeds on poor saps like you who can't afford to live there but do anyway. I hope you didn't move there to get involved in film, TV, or music
>>
>>323079759
I work a 2 week on one week off rotation out in a mine as a field engineer. 12 hour shifts, five days a week, weekends off along with the aforementioned week off.

Working rotations ain't a bad gig. If you don't wanna go to school for engineering laborer a and technicians can make a pretty penny on this stuff too. Just don't let MHSA screw you.
>>
>>323087085
That sounds pleasant. Make a decent amount and don't work 40 hours.

>>323087218
I've lived here for most my life, and I have a handful of friends I've known for over a decade. I can't really leave or I assure you I'd get the fuck outta here.

>>323087216
Makes sense in that case. He most be one extremely boring guy if thats his only hobby though.
>>
File: 13.png (255KB, 800x1204px) Image search: [Google]
13.png
255KB, 800x1204px
>>323087196
>>323087124
It ends with peace
>>
>>323087215
>New to this board?
That's something someone relatively new would say. Once you've been here for a certain amount of time the idea you're spouting loses its luster.

have fun with your shitposting
>>
>>323075070
I-I got sad yesterday because some faggot at LoL was flaming
>>
>>323087563
You can go back to reddit at any time lad, holy shit im laffan
>>
File: 14.png (237KB, 800x1206px) Image search: [Google]
14.png
237KB, 800x1206px
>>323087486
>>
>>323071991
I'm independently wealthy due to an inheritance from my grandfather. I'll never have to work a day in my life.
>>
File: 15.png (279KB, 800x1216px) Image search: [Google]
15.png
279KB, 800x1216px
>>323087670
>>
>>323084336
What the fuck is up with your rent in california. Got a job offer in San Jose I turned down because everywhere I looked the rent was $2,500+.

I say this as someone who lives IN New York paying $1,800 in queens and I consider New York expensive.
>>
>tfw don't want to call my past employers confirming that they'll be a reference for me because I dread talking to them
>been NEET because I hate the idea of contacting them so fucking much
>>
>>323087413
>Makes sense in that case. He most be one extremely boring guy if thats his only hobby though.

In a sense, yes. Really though I speculate that you can make anything a hobby. Just avoid activities that give you higher dopamine rushes and then you can make anything engaging.
>>
>>323086958
You could easily say this story is about anyone, but you choose NEETs because of your own personal bias, desu.
>>
>>323087894
Sorry to compare dicks but I pay close to $4000 a month in central London.

Didn't realise London was double the price of New York Fucking City.
>>
File: 1450595480006.jpg (23KB, 396x360px) Image search: [Google]
1450595480006.jpg
23KB, 396x360px
>NEETs think they are living the dream and being so clever by cheating the system and being literal parasites

Well guess what? It's not gonna last forever. All it takes is a state/federal audit, or a reduction in benefits or elimination of them entirely, and your free ride ends.

So what, you say, I can just move back in with the parents. Well they don't want you. I'f you're so fucking pathetic that you got to the point where you had to cheat the system to get benefits you aren't supposed to have to continue your selfish, lazy lifestyle, then your parents probably either a)kicked you out before or b)already resent you for being a failed human being and wasting your potential. They will probably let you leech off them some more though like the suckers they are, because, after all, you're family, right?

So you might get to continue this empty life, devoid of substance, but for how long? Your parents aren't going to last forever, nor will their patience or kindness. Once they kick the bucket, or kick your ass out again and finally disown you for good, what will you do? Suicide? You don't have the balls. If you did, you wouldn't be in this situation. If you do, good luck affording any method that's painless like exit bag or just blowing your brains out. (protip: down the street, not across the road)

You're living on borrowed time, NEETs. And that time is quickly running out. Fix your sorry excuse for a life, or just end it now. You will be doing all of us a favor.
>>
Relatively new Junji Ito for those who haven't read it yet.

http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/ghost-heights-management-association-r14910

He's had some new stuff since then, but the only group working on Ito is slow as balls.
>>
>>323087894
You just have to find the right places.

Some places are completely fucked though. San Fran/Palo Alto/That entire area are 100% fucked. Even trying to live outside the cities rent is stupid high.

But still I'm further north and it's shit. For a normal 2 bedroom apartment it's around $1100-$1500 which doesn't make any god damned sense.
>>
>>323088062
That retard mode pricing. Isn't it just some shitty apartment? The people who rent those out must make quite a lot of money for very little work.
>>
File: 16.png (295KB, 800x1210px) Image search: [Google]
16.png
295KB, 800x1210px
>>323087882
>>323088015
Of course it is, who the fuck else post a whole issue without having p2w and waits everytime for CAPTCHA?
>>
>>323087982
Really? All of my former employers LOVE me, except my first job that I walked out on because they were dirty Indians that were breaking health code left and right and I was tired of their shit.

Just be genuine and friendly with employers m8, it's quite easy to have a positive experience.
>>323088062
That's a fucking apartment rent rate? That's insane, how big is it?
>>
File: 1450836897067.png (557KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1450836897067.png
557KB, 800x800px
>>323088198
NEETKEKS ON SUCIIDE WATCH
>>
>>323087982
You don't need permission to list a past employer as a reference. Unless you left on bad terms (i.e. got fired or walked out on the job), there's no reason not to list them.
>>
>>323088198
I want to see you break a sweat paying taxes for my NEETbux, fuccboi.
>>
File: 17.png (219KB, 800x1205px) Image search: [Google]
17.png
219KB, 800x1205px
>>323088337
>>
>>323088198
man's right. I'm a NEET due to severe health problems. It's fun at first, but the endgame is complete and utter torture.
>>
>>323079759
I am going to double the sentiment of the other anon. Get a job that requires a trade skill.

>>323088062
Well do you live in a studio/1bedroom apartment? If so London is even more fucked than California or you chose a really bad apartment. Even Manhattan doesn't hit 4K afaik.

>>323088243
I live near public transportation everywhere and I currently do not own a car for that reason. So I didn't want to rent a place that is too far from my job. I just don't understand how one city can be so god damn expensive (and apparently london is even worse).
>>
File: 18.png (238KB, 800x1209px) Image search: [Google]
18.png
238KB, 800x1209px
>>323088465
>>323088223
I thought he was on hiatus
Thread posts: 233
Thread images: 39

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.