[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have some friends who play Destiny, and they have hundreds

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: destiny bungie main.jpg (816KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
destiny bungie main.jpg
816KB, 1920x1200px
I have some friends who play Destiny, and they have hundreds and hundreds of hours in it, but they admit its a bad game. I got a PS4 for Christmas and I'm thinking about picking up the game so I can play with them. Is it at least fun, in a carrot-on-a-stick way?
>>
It's fun for PVP
>>
>>323055926
It's a really good skinner-box, and the gunplay can be fun, but yeah it's an MMO, so it's grindy. I enjoyed it.
>>
Play Halo but completely ignore any story and you have Destiny. It's incredibly boring.
>>
Be sure to buy the taken king edition. The vanilla game is empty and boring.
>>
>>323055926
>Is it at least fun, in a carrot-on-a-stick way?
Sure. Destiny is a reasonably robust game, but it's also a horrible grindfest and kind of shallow if you're not being social.However, now that TTK has released, it's a proper game and you could probably have fun, especially if you playe dwith your buddies.

It's not a BAD game by any definition, but not everybody enjoys it the same. Put it that way.
>>
>>323055926
>Is it at least fun, in a carrot-on-a-stick way?

That's actually the only way it's fun. Gunplay works well and there are some cool abilities and shit, but ultimately you're just doing the same things over and over again for better gear. It's a fun time waster but not much else.
>>
>>323056263
Destiny. Mmo. Topkek
>>
>>323056526
That's pretty much what I want. I have plenty of single player stuff in my backlog but I really want a good social game, haven't played a multiplayer game in probably 2 years.
>>
File: image.jpg (258KB, 1400x590px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
258KB, 1400x590px
I played the shit out of it, but I burnt mysef out last month. I'm waiting for the next dlc, update, or Destiny 2. It's a fun game, but way better if you make friends and play with them. The grind isn't nearly as bad as it used to be, but I've always been stupidly lucky with drops. I'd pick it up, op. Get the taken king version and give it a spin.
>>
>>323056773
Then go for it, it's fun with friends and there's enough content by now that you won't get bored too quickly.
>>
File: 1451267914605.png (318KB, 496x559px) Image search: [Google]
1451267914605.png
318KB, 496x559px
>>323055926
It was the most "meh" game I have played in recent memory which is strange considering how many hours I put in. Your enjoyment will probably be based on whether you like grinding almost MMO style. Like the grind? You'll find some enjoyment for maybe 40hrs or more. Don't? You'll drop it really fast. Doesn't help that you need Taken King to make it an actual game.
>>
>>323055926
Even bad games are fun with friends
Get it
>>
Your friends must be my friends

>Im thinking about buying Destiny to play with you guys
>Don't do it it's a waste of money, the game is shit
>Log on to PSN
>5 friends online- Destiny matchmaking

Fuck you guys wherever you are
>>
>>323056219
No it isn't, the PVP is unbalanced as fuck
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.