[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sup, anyone here done WOW scripting before because I need some

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 6

File: WoW.jpg (476KB, 2827x1608px) Image search: [Google]
WoW.jpg
476KB, 2827x1608px
Sup, anyone here done WOW scripting before because I need some help with the following code line :
--SetBinding("BUTTON1","MOVEBACKWARD")
--SetBinding("BUTTON2","MOVEFORWARD")

I want Mousebutton 1 and 2 to use skill bar action 1 (auto attack) and skill bar action 2 (whatever ability is bound to it) so I can mimic action mmos like gw 2/wildstar/teso

Code was taken from mouse look lock (addon)
Thanks in advance
>>
Bump, anyone? Asked /b/, got deleted in less than 10 minutes come on people, I did my research, it seems impossible for someone like me but other mods did it too so there must be a method.
>>
File: 1452103695253.jpg (40KB, 560x400px) Image search: [Google]
1452103695253.jpg
40KB, 560x400px
pretty please?
>>
thats it i guess
>>
>>323042258
I don't know shit about this but good luck m8
>>
>>323044575
thank you, researching doesnt do shit nobody seems to care or it simply isnt possible but it is such a simple idea which could freshen up the expirience in wow man, fuck it
>>
still here, someone must have an idea, how many people are using these board at least one person could just confirm that this is realistic or not
>>
>>323044690
>>clicking to do shit could freshen up the experience in wow
wat
>>
just go away fag, jesus
>>
>>323045723
making the combat modified tab targeting to reticule IS dominating the modern day mmo and with some tweaks wow could have it too and this will give me a massive boner

>>323045729
what the fuck is your problem baiter kid, never had an interesting addon/mod idea but wasnt compitent enough to make it work?
>>
>>323046475
>compitent
kek
>>
>>323047657
as you can see Im not, as i can see, you are even less go away if you cant help
>>
>>/wsr/
>>
>>323047937
butthurt?
>>
No one knows how to script on /v/, faggot.

Not even /g/ would help you on such an easy task.
>>
>>323048134
doesnt ring the bell

>>323048142
i dont care who are you

>>323048406
dont speak nonsense
>>
Why don't you just bind button one to M1 and button 2 to M2?
Making a script for it seems like you're overdoing it a bit.
>>
>>323048694

you can't bind a bind to another bind retard. that requires macros or scripts
>>
>>323048683
>i dont care who are you
you obviously do care or else you wouldn't keep responding
>>
>>323042258
Isn't there just an option in the game's keybindings to set Mouse1 and Mouse2 to the ability hotkeys?

Also, do you have a similar plan for re-binding your ability to interact/loot with other keys once your main mouse buttons are out?
>>
File: 1400264704417.gif (2MB, 265x192px) Image search: [Google]
1400264704417.gif
2MB, 265x192px
>>323042258
dude just google it i found your answer in a heartbeat but since you are a drama bitch I'm not posting it. g/l
>>
>>323049178
>lying on the Internet
>>
>>323048876
i just respond to messages i recieve here how the fuck am i supposed to know who you are please fuck off

>>323048813
this, while in mouse look mode the author of the original script made it so mouse button 1 is to move forward and 2 to move backward, i just need to rebind those while in mouse look mode et voila

>>323048883
no, the plan is simple for interaction with the npcs world etc you just press (for me it is) mouse button 3 and you are back in the normal wow left click to aim right click to interact style

to interact with stuff while in mouse look mode you need a dedicated interaction button and mouse over for npcs
>>
>>323049282
Still not getting it
>>
>>323049414
I thought you didn't care?
>>
further information:

cant use mouse look handler because im on wotlk

clique doesnt work in mouse look mode nor in "normal" mode

mouse look lock requires wow programming (dedicated site with commands) I dont understand
>>
>>323049678
what dont you get?

>>323049693
thanks goy for bumping the thread
>>
>>323050092
enjoy it while it lasts, thread is gonna be closed soon
>>
>>323049414
>mouse button 3 and you are back in the normal wow left click to aim right click to interact style
I see where you're going, but this just sounds like you're undertaking an overly-complicated idea for relatively minimal results. You're binding two actions -- one of which is the the standard Auto-Attack, generally associated with Mouse2 even when not specifically bound -- just to mimic an action mmo setup?

You've got to be either melee or a Hunter in WotLK, as I don't recall casters having much, if any, freedom to move while prepping a spell back then.
>>
>>323050092
i was referring to >>323049282
who was still not getting it.
>>
>>323050334
I know, I know what else can I do except trying every now and then?

>>323050519
Maybe you are right and he results are minimal but I am freing up 2 mouse buttons for action skill bar skills instead of useless walking backwards or forwards. Yes you are right but beeing a hunter or warrior doesnt change much. you free up tab because you target with mouse 2 which is faster easier to reach and saves time and frees up a button for a spell/ability. Mouse 1 would free up 1 or auto attack look at neverwinter, right now im playing with a similar setup in gw2 and beeing able to play in perma mouse look is easy on the buttons and gives me a good feel as an fps player. i know its niche and not for everyone but still, how complicated can it be to rebind move forward and backward to "1" and "TAB" the results are gameplay flow, better shortcuts and more buttons
>>
>>323051121
>you free up tab
You've been restricted to Tab-targeting? Why not make a macro to cycle through hostile targets?
>>
>>323052224
No offense but i want to make mb1 and 2 working first, if this doesnt lead to anything why should i bother with target cacle macros and learning how to macro in the first place?
>>
>>323052370
>why should i bother with target cacle macros and learning how to macro in the first place?
Well, for starters, the WoW community would be able to give you macro help in an instant and there are a ton of resources for it.

Anyway, you'll need to refresh my memory somewhat. I recall that (normally) you can look around while still in 3rd-person mode, but doing so makes your cursor disappear, meaning you can't interact with targets. Does the same thing happen when zoomed in to 1st person mode?
>>
>>323053095
Im downloading legit wow just to be able to use the community boards, contacted the authr of the orignal mod etc etc so I am on it even without knowing if Ill be macroing stuff or not so theres that and as for your question you mean when pressing and holding mouse button 1 or 2 yes the cursore disappears and you cant interact, i think the same thing happens in first person ala when you zoom in without seeing your chaaracter, so the mechanics dont really change its just the perspective that changes you still have to hold mouse 1 or 2. In my case i just press mouse 3 whenever i want to switch to mouse look mode same works in first person. I press mouse 3 and tab target on the enemies.
>>
File: CancerKid_wtf.jpg (124KB, 726x677px) Image search: [Google]
CancerKid_wtf.jpg
124KB, 726x677px
>>323042258
Nigga right klick is aa are you retarded? Wtf git gud pleb.
Also just bind M2/M1 on cast bar slot 2/1 u fag.
U dont need a mac for that. Thats actually not even what this is made for.

When u want an
>game like x
Then go play something thats
> like game x
>>
>>323053547
Pls just sage this.
Please.
>>
>>323053553
nottu dissu shitto agen.
You see, when mouse look lock mode is activated, mb1 and 2 are acting as walk and not as keys. i need them to act as keys so i can bind abilities to these keys so i dont walk. it really is simple but the execution is too difficult if you cant script nor macro
>>
>>323053743
Pls just fuck off.
Please.
>>
>>323053547
Just a heads-up: A simple mouseover cast macro bound to mb1 and mb2 would probably solve your problem.

/target mouseover
/cast <Ability>

Set it as whatever action bar slot you want and then bind mb1 or mb2 to that action bar slot in Key Bindings in WoW. If you want to go further and be able to interact with NPCs using the mouse buttons, you'll need to include some additional information (such as lines that would adjust for "if I'm holding down Alt when clicking, it interacts instead of casting the ability").
>>
>>323053925
Thats just stupid really.
Who would need that???? Just use everything next to WASD also cntrl and shift for casting.
Or....just please never play again mouse walk senpai
>>
>>323054046
>not even knowing bout sage
>muh main lvl 20 skill
>muh shit tier addon crap
>cant rewrite 1 word

How autistic are you?
Tip: you need to change 1 word per line
>>
>>323054324
Mouse buttons dont act like mouse buttons when the mouse look lock addon is active. As I already stated, trying clique while in mouse look lock mode does nothing even when mb1 and mb2 are set to skill bar. Its the code that needs to be changed but ill try your suggestion anyway, thank you
>>
>>323054637
You cant even look around. Better have no overwiev in 25 raid. Who cares if group gets dick wiped 300 times.
Gg to have you in raid man.
>>
File: 1273547227052.gif (1MB, 185x119px) Image search: [Google]
1273547227052.gif
1MB, 185x119px
>>323053547
>Im downloading legit wow just to be able to use the community boards
You don't need to download the game, you just need a bnet account to use the boards.
>>
>43 posts
>11 ips
Is this guy replying to himself
>>
>>323054891
Maybe in some cases. I've offered about as much help as I can.
>>
>>323054891
Yes pretty much 25 times.
Hed answering every post as he gets more autistic about his shit-tier problem
>>
>>323054324
furthermore you cant bind mouse button 1 nor 2 in options

>>323054880
try it out, it states that you need a character in wow to be able to post.

>>323054768
are you braindamage?

>>323054891
what are shitposters?
>>
>>323055010
what is bumping a thread one cares about?
Im too fucking long on these forums to be bothered desu senpaifamily
>>
>>323042258
Worst thread in months
>sage
>>
File: BrentRamboapproves.gif (1MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
BrentRamboapproves.gif
1MB, 320x240px
>>323055250
Cool story bro.
Tell me more plox. So funny. Well memed.
>>
>>323055427
Want to hear more about how robots like you are cancer and should leave /v/ forever. I can write a book but will you buy it, keep bumping the thread
>>
>>323055756
No one would buy it if it was written in English, which you have repeatedly demonstrated you are incapable of writing coherently.
>>
>>323056446
shit, page 9, write more dumb shit chump
maybe a somewhat compitent person will see this mess of a thread and turn it into success
>>
thanks for participating, but no thank you /v/
dont go to /vg/ tomorrow, some of you are ok
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.