[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Daily

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 10

File: Mega_Man_(Mega_Man_9).png (92KB, 303x347px) Image search: [Google]
Mega_Man_(Mega_Man_9).png
92KB, 303x347px
Mega Man will never return.
Mega Man is dead.
Mega Man is deader than dead.
Mega Man died and is now dead.
Mega Man is forsaken and dead.
Mega Man was sentenced to death.
Mega Man was destined to be this dead.
Mega Man cannot possibly escape from being dead.
Mega Man will never be resurrected.
Mega Man will remain dead.
Mega Man won't be brought back by Nintendo again, because he is dead.
Send your thanks to Capcom, because Mega Man is dead.
One bijillion years in the future a new Mega Man game won't come out, because his franchise is dead.
Mega Man X9 will never come out, because Mega Man is dead.
Mega Man Legends 3 is just as dead as the rest of the franchise.
Even the shitty XOver is dead.
Any dream of a new Mega Man game is also just as dead.
New Mega Man game when? Answer: dead.
If you hear Mega Man, the first thing you must think is 'death', because his franchise is dead.
Years in the future, an archive of dead gaming franchises will exist, and the only certain thing is that Mega Man will be there.
Any game that isn't Mega Man will live on.
Assassin's Creed will live on, but Mega Man is dead.
Many other shitty franchises can and WILL live on, but Mega Man is dead.
You won't hear possible awesome music in future Mega Man games, because there won't be future Mega Man games.
Just like Michael Jackson and Elvis Presley, Mega Man is dead.
A song that can tells us a lot about Mega Man: marche funebre.
Secret: Mega Man's name is a code: it means dead.
Over 50+ Mega Man games were made, but new ones won't be made other than fan games that are basically imitating what is dead.
In a way, Dr. Wily won, because Mega Man is finally dead.
His death doesn't affect Capcom and Inafune in any negative way, and Inafune even managed to benefit from it with Mighty No. 9. The only one who won't win are the fans and, of course, Mega Man.
For Mega Man, it is a FOREVER Game Over. And don't forget, Mega Man is dead forever and won't return.
>>
File: Yeah I get it.png (116KB, 401x437px) Image search: [Google]
Yeah I get it.png
116KB, 401x437px
>Multiple sentences just to say Mega Man is dead
>>
There is a game coming out in 2 months
>>
>>323042486
What
Where
>>
File: maverickhunter.jpg (203KB, 1100x619px) Image search: [Google]
maverickhunter.jpg
203KB, 1100x619px
>maverick hunter X will never come out

this is the saddest thing.
>>
File: 1a-13.jpg (91KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1a-13.jpg
91KB, 1280x720px
>mfw I have Mega Man and Proto Man plushies

Don't worry guys, Capcom may not care about Mega Man anymore but I'll take good care of him.
>>
>>323043646
Could have been a great send up of the series. Probably wouldn't have sold well though. Purists would've bitched it was too different no matter how could it might have been.
>>
Isn't he getting a cartoon next year?
He had a comic that only got canned because archie was fucking dumb.
>>
>>323041392
Well then, why didnt you buy his fucking games then?
>>
Did nobody notice just how bad the games were selling?

after a while people stopped really caring about Mega man games coming out because we'd get 2-3 a year.

People would look and go "Oh, another mega man game? There will just be another one in a few months."
>>
>>323043646
Looked like garbage, and I like the idea of turning Megaman into an FPS game.
>>
>>323043646
It didn't need to.

It looks like X getting the DmC treatment where inafune thinks that Megaman should be "more western"
>>
Not a single Monty Python reference...

I'm disappointed in you, son.
>>
Don't rule out the possibility of somebody making another mega man, that's retarded OP. There's still money in his series.

Just ask yourself if you really want to be disappointed with the end result.
>>
File: buzzkill.png (85KB, 500x354px) Image search: [Google]
buzzkill.png
85KB, 500x354px
>>323041392
Joke's on you, I've come to terms with this long ago.

I'm still a little sad.
>>
>>
>>323041392
If megaman is your shit you should consider yourself lucky. There already so many fucking megaman games and they even made 9 & 10 in recent years. Now we have shit like Mighty no 9 coming out.
>>
Anyone here played the steam collection of megaman? Is it any good?
>>
>>323048198
too pricey considering that it's not very complete at all.
also it won't feel right
>>
>>323048198
Legacy? It has megaman 1-6 only(out of 10 now). Kind of shitty they even have the nerve to call it a collection when they had a megaman anniversary collection on ps2, xbox, and gamecube that had all 8 megaman games(at the time).
>>
>>323047013
>Did nobody notice just how bad the games were selling?

Nope.

/v/ adores Mega Man ZX and ZX Advent, but those two games flopped incredibly Hard. Last I check, ZX Advent was in the 20K area in total sales.

It wasn't like it was on some platform no one wanted like Maverick Hunter X or Powered Up were on the PSP. Both ZX games were on the Nintendo DS which was obviously incredibly popular.

Nobody gave a shit about Mega Man near the end of its life. Capcom finally decides to pull the plug and everyone goes ballistic.

Regardless, he is coming back. There is the new cartoon show being produced, and the only reason you make a kids TV show is to sell merchandise. That obviously being games and toys.

Capcom's gearing up for a Mega Man revival. We just have to hope that it's a good one and not a shit one.

But given their track record when it comes to reviving old franchises, I have high hopes. Bionic Commando Rearmed, Ultimate Ghouls'n'Ghost and Strider 2014 were all very good.

Inafune isn't around either to outsource the game to some shit tier developer either.
>>
>>323048657

I agree that it is scummy that they left a couple of games out, but ya'll niggas need to stop praising Anniversary like it was a good collection.

Poor emulation and cut content doesn't make it a good collection.
>>
what are indie games like mega man? isn't there one exclusive to ps4?
>>
Do Megafags have the biggest victim complex of any vidya fanbase?
>>
>>323048198
It's okay. The emulation is reasonable, but it's missing a lot of features that would really make it great. The challenge mode is ass, though.

>>323049181
Mega Man is basically everything an indie game wants to be: Simple, fluid, designed for and by hardcore gamers, and super-duper memorable.
>>
>>323049181

Bunch of Rom Hacks
Street Fighter X Mega Man
Mega Man Unlimited
There's also Mega Mari

Honestly, I haven't played a single fan game or clone that's anywhere nearly as polished or as fun as the actual games. That and they all have horrible boss designs.
>>
>>323049383

Not only do they have a victim complex they're backstabbing sons of bitches who are willing to shit on other spin offs in favor of theirs.

I still remember how the Legends fanboys were glad that Mega Man Universe was cancelled. I'm glad they got theirs shortly after.

The hypocrites later used Universe as part of their ammo against Capcom. Fuck them and Legends 3.
>>
File: 1449614742846[1].gif (14KB, 500x596px) Image search: [Google]
1449614742846[1].gif
14KB, 500x596px
Friendly reminder that the only Mega Man game that was legitimately cancelled was Mega Man Universe.

Rockman Online was shut down as the developer could no longer work on the title. It was never produced by Capcom.

Maverick Hunter was a pitch. It was never in development.

Legends Project was never green lit to begin with. Prototypes and created and shelved all the time. The difference this time, Inafune made the development of a prototype public knowledge and hoped that Capcom would fear the backlash if they stepped in and halt production.
>>
>>323043646
Take your Mega Man: Act Zero shit and burn it.
Fuck, it look so goddamn boring and stupid.
>>
File: 1273901921400.jpg (9KB, 123x126px) Image search: [Google]
1273901921400.jpg
9KB, 123x126px
OP, I want you to be dead forever. Kill yourself!
>>
>>323050782

It had platforming and air dashing. I also liked the idea of stealing weapons from basic units.

The prototype looked dull, but it was literally a prototype pitch. They're not going to make a full game. It's just showing off that they have the capability to produce something.
>>
>>323041392
Mega Man is in Smash
>>
>>323050654
>Legends Project was never green lit to begin with. Prototypes and created and shelved all the time. The difference this time, Inafune made the development of a prototype public knowledge and hoped that Capcom would fear the backlash if they stepped in and halt production.

He basically tried to pull a Dead Rising again.

The part that bothers the hell out of me is him going "Legends 3 is my dream project!" and then leaving before it actually got into serious development.
>>
File: 1444015091305.png (403KB, 773x1034px) Image search: [Google]
1444015091305.png
403KB, 773x1034px
Even with the last few years he had a pretty good run. At least theres a fuck ton of games to replay.

Has any news on the cartoon come up? I'm optimistic about it, I remember hearing the people who made generator rex are making it.
>>
>>323049383
>>323049794

I don't remember anyone being super hyped for MM Universe.

And part of the reason why I can't feel super bad for the MM fanbase is because even when his games were selling like hot shit, Megaman was still getting five star treatment. Something that a lot of other Capcom IPs weren't getting.

A ton of IPs got the shaft while Megaman was getting multiple games a year. Even Street Fighter didn't get a new numbered entry for a long ass time before SF4 came out.

Viewtiful Joe
Rival Schools
Tech Romancer
Power Stone
Breath of Fire
God Hand
Okami
Onimusha
Plasma Sword

there are a ton of other Capcom IPs I'd rather see come back before Megaman does in all honesty.
>>
>>323052565
>Has any news on the cartoon come up? I'm optimistic about it, I remember hearing the people who made generator rex are making it.

Not yet. But usually with these kinds of cartoons, we don't start getting more news until the year it airs or a year before that.

So we could get something before the year is over.
>>
>>323052565
Joe Kelly is heading the show. He wrote Deadpool in the 90's which was one of the best cape runs of all time. I have a bit more faith
>>
File: 1451931400505.jpg (118KB, 850x607px) Image search: [Google]
1451931400505.jpg
118KB, 850x607px
>>323052909
Damn, at least I have that to look forward to, assuming it is actually good.
>>
>>323048989
It was a good collection. Bar these pointless modes nobody uses, it had all the content this new version has, plus the bonus material for 7 and 8, and two full games that hadn't even seen a release in the US up until that point. It was beyond anyone's expectations. They messed up with 7's ending for whatever reason, but everything else was top-notch. People speak about emulation issues, performance issues and what-not, but I never noticed. I tried it the other day, and it plays fine. All they really should have done was port the Anniversary Collection to PC fixing these few issues, but I guess throwing some tweaked roms on Steam and calling it a day was enough.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNtXuKBu3gE

At least The Protomen aren't.
>>
>>323042486
What
Where
>>
>>323052565
there's an actual cartoon coming out?
>>
>>323050782
This
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.