[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So what was your GOTY 2015? Pic related was mine. I think it's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (121KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
121KB, 512x512px
So what was your GOTY 2015? Pic related was mine. I think it's the closest thing we've gotten to that innawoods dress up simulator in video game form. The fact that the game's combat is a dwarf fortress level of depth is a big plus as well
>>
>>323038173
tell me more about this game. how autistic is it?
>>
It actually got a 1.0 release in December 2014 after about 9 months in early access, but I'll roll with that, it was a good game.

>>323040273

Only mildly. There's some stuff that's somewhat unintuitive (like the talisman on your neck/figuring out how equipment slots stack) but for the most part it's pretty non-autistic.
>>
Shame the main storyline compromises of 3-4 questchain dead ends.

The game would be incredible if they implemented longer goals and objectives.
>>
>>323041389

There's some story-based mods on Blue Bottle's forums. Granted, there's not many and I have no idea what the quality of them are, but there certainly are some means of making more of a story in the game.
>>
>>323038173

You should check out Thea: The Awakening if you haven't. Might be up your alley.

This year, the Isaac expansion, Killing Floor 2, Dirty Bomb and Fallout 4 probably got the largest chunks of my time, but my favorite game of the year would have to be either Crypt of the NecroDancer or Galactic Civilizations 3.
>>
>>323038173
Gonna have to go with Undertale for personal. W3 for professional.
Tell me more of this game of yours OP.
>>
Nuclear Throne if full releases of EA games count
>>
>>323038173
Underrail. However briefly it gave me a feeling I haven't had since playing Runescape as a kid
>>
I wanna say risk of rain buuuut thats I don't think games that got updates this year count.

I'm gonna say undertale its not by any means perfect and I think it gets too much credit but the amount of things this game takes into account during your playthrough is impressive, love sperging out over my choices.
>>
The game that resonated strongest with me is Undertale, but the game I'm still playing the most frequently is Monster Hunter 4U
>>
>>323038173
Rocket League
>>
>>323038173

I thought it was shit since there were too many scripted events. I want my survival game to be a lot more sandbox.
>>
My personal GOTY is Dead Rising 2: Off The Record. I haven't played anything released on 2015.
>>
File: 1445108551890.jpg (25KB, 290x227px) Image search: [Google]
1445108551890.jpg
25KB, 290x227px
>>323038173
How's this compare to CDDA?
I've grown to hate the game and its developers but it's pretty much the perfect innawoods dress up simulator if I've ever played one.
>>
>>323046654

More simple in terms of mechanics, world is static, and doesn't really have zombies.
>>
>>323047007
>world is static
This kills the replay value.
Guess I'll check it out still, looks quite comfy.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (70KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
70KB, 1920x1080px
A tough choice, but DariusBurst: Chronicle Saviours is probably the most fun I've had with a new shmup release for some time. So much content, so many cool bosses, ships and playstyles, and more. It's the bee's-knees with one of the BEST soundtracks in recent times, no lie:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lR1kfaf_v0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3z_CB9fwTxg

In a year full of amazing shmup releases DBCS takes the cake.
>>
>>323038173
Infinifactory. No question.
>>
>>323047246

>this kills the replay value

You'd be surprised at how differently each run plays out. The locations/landmarks stay the same, but the enemies vary, and combat is varied enough that you're almost always on the brink of sudden death. At least until you acquire a wrench, at which point you can wreck everything that isn't wielding a gun.
>>
>>323038173
Life is Strange
Heroes of the Storm
>>
>>323038173
Undertale.
NEO Scavenger was my 2014 senpai
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.