[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nova is the reason why HOTS players are quiting.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

Nova is the reason why HOTS players are quiting.
>>
>>323018748

league is the best game ever

that and undertale
>>
File: dusk.png (263KB, 842x1107px) Image search: [Google]
dusk.png
263KB, 842x1107px
>>323018748
>Nova
>Illidan
>Kael'thas

I don't like the game anyway, always a shitter playing murky on my team, this game is so reliant on full team strategy that winning is actually impossible if your team mates are shit

Atleast DOTA lets characters get crazy solo and win like Arc warden or Naga
>>
>>323018824
Nice bait
>>
>>323018748

Wait dud she finally get buffed enough to not be useless? I stopped playing a long time ago but back then there was no reason to pick nova when zeratul did everything she did but better
>>
File: Nidalee.jpg (70KB, 488x505px) Image search: [Google]
Nidalee.jpg
70KB, 488x505px
>count your blessings, Noxian
>>
Wait, really? I played HOTS last winter and the general consensus on Nova was that she's great for pub-stomping, but shit for competitive. What happened?
>>
File: 1353523030969.jpg (23KB, 478x354px) Image search: [Google]
1353523030969.jpg
23KB, 478x354px
>>323019471
>that voice acting
>>
>>323018748
Going to have to use some more words there, chief. Nobody knows what you're talking about.
>>
Did they finally make her usable? She was my favorite hero but Christ she was so garbage
>>
the reason HOTS players are quitting is HOTS
>>
File: 1450996055584.jpg (75KB, 1023x581px) Image search: [Google]
1450996055584.jpg
75KB, 1023x581px
>>323019486
shes still shit, shimmer is easy to spot unless youre a shit casual

>>323019040
nova is still shit for reason above, imo make her stealth her trait but with a CD and impossible to see, same with zeratul, make them still able to get knocked out of it though

illidan needs a buff, hes squishy as fuck now and hes almost as bad as artanis who is literally just a worse sonya, artanis has no way to leave a fight and blizzards only response was
>HES A MELEE WARRIOR HES NOT MEANT TO LEAVE THE FIGHT
then they turn around and let sonya leave fights with her shit hook

>kaelthas
I have loved him ever since WC3 but the fucker needs a nerf
>>
>>323019819
they already nerfed kael and if you want an illidan buff you don't remember last fall when he was op, shit was annoying as fuck
>>
>>323019778
this
>>
>>323018748
HOTS feels so empty and Soulless like all blizz games. Victory doesnt mean shit because its a casual game and losing is just a waste of time.

At least with Dota, there are so many skills to sharpen, you learn from trying different builds. A comeback victory feels fucking sweet.
>>
>>323018824
league of undertale would probably be the best meme ever created by mankind, 5vs5 memes fighting or sparing each other just imagine the possibilities
>>
>>323019819
I kinda like Artanis. But I do agree that he is really UP.

The only abillites that works together are W and his passive. But the rest of his spells are shit.
>poormans gapcloser
>Shitty charge attack that ends up costing you more Hp than the hero you tried to harras
>you are forced to take the mini charge at level 16

Doesn't help that the people of reddit convinced the HotS devs that the only problem with Artanis is that his range on his melee attacks is his only problem.
>>
>>323020298
Dota can be boring, this is what I don't understand. If the game has something boring why play it, even if it's a small thing. In normal game at least I can use cheat engine to see the story faster.

How many million times have you done the same thing just to get to the fun parts, why would you accept that. Sure, it's the same in RTS where you can build the same things, but in an RTS there's more variables and thinking involved even if both players make the same build again.

HOTS is not even MOBA anyways, that's why I like it, it's also less addictive which it's good. I rather kill myself rather than have played 1000 dota/lol games
>>
>>323020712
Why are they having so many shitty skill sets? Lunara and Artanis both have interesting concepts but have that one or two skills who just fucks em over. Like you just feel there is something missing in their kit. Fucking ward on Lunara for example, just why? Is she a fucking support or an assassin?
>>
>>323021905
HOTS Is the same shit as LoL, Smite or Dota2. The concept is the same, the goal is t he same, 2-3 lanes, whack that core, nexus, throne down.

I still hold Dota 2 as the best in the genre, every match have a unique feeling to it and line ups change how you play or how a match errupts. All the it ems and such can change a match totally.

I still think Hots got some shit going for it but some times it falls short and some heroes are plain boring (Sure Dota has em to but it is personal taste) and some character feels like they miss something, See Artanis. But then they have heroes like Abathur. Anub which I personally love or Sylvanas who is hillarious to play or got mechanics who just make em interesting.
>>
>>323021905

The thing is that the laning phase is a fun part. Its not like league where its a mandatory boring/stale as fuck 25 min laning phase, youre constantly doing something in dota. Its pretty clear you barely played 1-2 games of dota or are just talking out of your ass because there isnt a part where youre waiting for the fun to begin besides waiting for creeps to spawn and even then shit can go down.
>>
>>323018748

Nova is a non-shitty version of Samus,
>>
>>323022529
I agree.

Sometimes you meet the classic 2-1-2, or you meet a 1-1-3 or 1-1-2 with a jungler or even a swap where the lane goes 3-1-1. Roamers, gankers, sudden 5 man pushing,

Dota can be played in so many ways. Like playing defensively against a 5 man push strat while you have a NP or brood pushing the shit out of them. Or you do smoke ganks and lurk in their jungle or you go into a defensive line up and hold high ground until you can turn it. I seen so many games drop cause of mistakes or good defence both in my favour and not in my favour at all. I played lot of LoL and I never saw so much turn arounds there as I saw in Dota 2

Hots is also extreme on the come backs but its cause you cannot get ahead there like in Dota, LoL or HoN. Your whole team is a unit, a unity of one. In Dota you can litterally drag the shoddy players by out levelling and out farming the other team with a decent end game pick but in Hots it is much harder thanks to the shared exp and no items. Your 3-4-5 lvl lead can be eaten so quickly if one idiot on the team starts to tilt or fuck around.
>>
I play HoTS regularly and I'm not exaggerating when I say that 95% of my quick matches have had a nova or murky on them and they're never good.

I don't even get mad at video games but Im gonna start going in as a five man to avoid it because it's really frustrating to lose a match because some idiot wants to play an underpowered character and feed the whole game without even being able to soak a lane.
>>
>>323022427
Yeah I'm just saying I hate repetitive stuff like last hitting and leaning, maybe my hatred is not even nomal but I fucking hate last hiting and laning so much that that's one of the main reasons I hate mobas, it just ruin the otherwise good game for me. I think RPG's conditioned me to hate repetitive stuff, even if it's doesn't take too much concentration
>>
Hots is the reason why Hots plaers are leaving.

There i fixed yo shit op
>>
>>323019297
Thanks!
>>
File: 1452015629498.jpg (25KB, 552x594px) Image search: [Google]
1452015629498.jpg
25KB, 552x594px
The game being shit is why HOTS players are quitting
>>
>>323023171

Well thankfully hots is made for retarded kiddies such as yourself with short attention spans.
>>
>>323023171
But Hots end up repeating a lot of things aswell. Even more so than Dota. You pretty much need to wack plants, spiders, skeletons, demons and such to achieve a victory. And beside that you need to bash the neutral creeps. It got more maps and more objectives but I feel they get repeative aswell. Speaking of which, there is no multiplayer game out there who do not rince and repeat. It is part of it. I say its a preference thing. Mind you I play Hots to.
>>
>>323019819
You're a braindead retard who only understands mechanics on the surface level. Do you want to know why Nova sucks? It isn't because she is literally a ranged assassin, incapable of sustained damage, it's not because she has no HP and dies in a slight breeze, it's not because you can see her stealth shimmer ala Starcraft. It's because if you wanted her to have competitive viability, she'd have to get buffed to completely ludicrous levels to be able to perform her job. You can't just buff her damage, she can already instantly kill squishies, you can't just buff her range, she'd sit in bushes killing people from a mile away with no recourse, and you can't just buff her durability because that still wouldn't unfuck her. Nova is a fundamentally flawed character, and needs to be kept weak for the health of the game. If you like Nova, congratulations, you like the idea of an uninteractive shitter-stomping character that only works when no one acknowledges her existence. In order to fix her, she needs a complete kit revamp, with the most important one being activated stealth with a set duration. You can't tune a character around permanent invisibility, it's too strong a mechanic, and conversely, not useful enough in enough situations.

As for Illidan, it's not that he's weak, it's that he gets chain cc'd to death. He can solo almost anyone at any stage of the game, and is impossible to escape or shut down without either a lot of incoming damage from multiple people or the aformentioned cc. Stuns, blinds, poly, all fuck him over incredibly hard because he has to commit to do damage. Melee assassins will always be weak in HoTS without a team comp built to support them, that's just how this game's crowd control has been implemented. Also, Artanis has some of the strongest sustain in the game because of his stupid fucking shield, it really won't take much to make him viable but he'll still lack a real stun so he won't be picked.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.