[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

World of Warcraft

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: World-of-Warcraft.jpg (342KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
World-of-Warcraft.jpg
342KB, 1920x1080px
I haven't played WoW since the middle/end of burning crusade, and have been getting an itch lately to play again.
It basically consumed my life and I escaped it so I wouldn't end up with no job/friends/home, but I think I have a better handle on living now so I could probably play it without going nuts.

Is it worth going back to now?
How are mages as of latest patch?
Is all the old content ignored/worthless now?
Will people actually respond or just come here to shitpost and shill their preferred mmo?
>>
>Is it worth going back to now?
We are talking about neo-WoW, what do you think? No.

>Is all the old content ignored/worthless now?
Even the penultimate raid tier is obsolete, never mind content from other expansions.

>Will people actually respond or just come here to shitpost and shill their preferred mmo?
MMOs are dead in general so I'd wager most people will say something similar to what I am saying.
>>
>>323010475
welp
>>
it's pretty fucking epic, bro
>>
This game is no longer a MMORPG, everything you loved it for is long gone.
Just go find yourself a private server or something.
>>
It would be pretty cool if they made all the old zones scale to be playable at any level like GW2 does

I guess they'd have to bring back leveling and make it fun again though
>>
Corecraft when?
>>
File: 1440645623805.png (326KB, 445x449px) Image search: [Google]
1440645623805.png
326KB, 445x449px
>>323011027
epic
>>323011068
Are there any private servers that actually work like it's supposed to and aren't out-the-ass full of bugs and broken shit?
>>
>>Is it worth going back to now?
Depends on who you ask. But if you're going to get into it you should at least wait until the next expansion comes out.

Currently there's no content at all because it's the dead zone between the last content patch and the new expansion.
>Is all the old content ignored/worthless now?
Pretty much yeah.
>Will people actually respond or just come here to shitpost and shill their preferred mmo?
The only people that really shitpost and shill their MMO and FF14 fags. Which is pretty much just a slower, weeb version of WoW
>>
>>323011504
>and FF14
are*
>>
File: muru.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
muru.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>323011386
Well, that'd require bigger changes like level scaling because in terms of tuning, the zones are obsolete at the intended level (globalling mobs and such like) and you outlevel the zones even if you try to minimize your experience gains to some unrealistic absurdity.

>>323011402
It's difficult to extrapolate since the developers have been working on raids (both supervising raid tests and fixing privately reported raid bugs, and then doing vanilla raids) rather than having visible progress on Github, but realistically it's AT LEAST half a year away, and depending on a number of unknown factors (like the extent they'll fix non-raid vanilla content before release) it could very well be more than that.

>>323011403
Depends on what you'd call "full of bugs and broken shit". For example, this webm pretty much represents how bad raids are at their worst (on servers that someone actually plays on, not unaltered open source emulation). I would personally consider it "outrageously broken", your mileage may vary, do you notice anything off?

Same with other content, a less observant player might not notice any issues in vanilla/TBC questing content (there are some obviously broken WotLK+ quests even on the best of servers, but primarily concentrated in Icecrown, levelling experience by large can feel polished) but if you start nitpicking, you could list dozens of issues per zone, from drop rates (would you notice that Cracked Silithid Carapace not having 100% drop rate is wrong?) to missing RP events (would you notice if Young Arikara didn't appear as you hand in "Alien Egg"?) and inadequate patrol paths and such like.
>>
>>323011403
Nostalrius I guess. Tons of people play there.
>>
>>323012445
>half a year away
>"lol Q1 2013 release"
>"lol Q1 2015 release since they're doing tests"
Fuck /vg/, i'm just going to wait til shit starts blowing up like it did with Nostalrius.
>>
>corecraft meme is still alive
4 years of tricking the people, and counting. Ayyy
>>
Game is alive and best MMO on the market.

Fags are just butthurt
>>
>>323012921
Right now we at least have thorough knowledge about the current state of the project as the test server has been up for almost half a year now (a few dedicated testers have gone through the content and mechanics thoroughly and systematically) and the issue tracker is available in Github. In retrospect, earlier estimates (if you can call them that) were wild speculation.

Of course, even now there's a big uncertainty factor. For example, I wouldn't have known they'd do vanilla raids and that's looking to take one and a half months total. The 6 months I mentioned as the realistic lower-end estimate similarly doesn't include things like vanilla questing: I think I now know HOW they will choose to tackle the issue (give a GM account to some autist and let him 100% the zones and report anything obviously wrong) but that doesn't tell anything about the extent of fixes (making uncompletable quests completable is an order of magnitude less work than actually fixing all the reported RP events and such like as well) or if they'll even do that before release.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.