[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: WATCHDOGS-hero.jpg (88KB, 613x331px) Image search: [Google]
WATCHDOGS-hero.jpg
88KB, 613x331px
What went wrong?
>>
Too much hype train, not enough payoff.

The one gimmick the game had was basically just a flavortext generator that turned into a use button every now and then. Beyond that, every other mechanic/element of the game was done better by GTA IV 6 years prior.

Even better, IV had a mod made for it that added the flavortext generator, so you can basically get the same experience as Watch Dogs in a better game.
>>
File: watch dogs trailer.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
watch dogs trailer.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>
>>
>>322989079
>Cops teleported right into the fucking train

And there are people that don't think the cops teleport
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nCGPiFIhV4
>>
>>322986821
Buggy and poorly coded. Story riddled with plot holes and inconsistencies. Very little of the hacking was substantial.
>>
I played it during xmas because ubi had it on 80% and I honestly enjoyed it. not sure how many times it has been patched since release, but it looked and played really well. also the weather effects are pretty much my GOAT.
>>
>>322994128

Same here. It was a solid game.
>>
The story feels like it was written by like 20 different people that didn't talk to each other very much. Then the resulting story nuggets were stitched together. The gunplay and driving was also pretty crappy. Aiden is also one of the most bland MCs in ages.
>>
The only thing I liked was the sounds of gunfire and shattering glass, bullet impacts, etc. Gunfights in the middle of the street with everyone taking cover behind cars and panicking civilians were cool.
>>
apart from the hype and graphical downgrades, nothing really, the game was solid, i enjoyed it more than most open world games.
>>
>>322994128
i played it right after the release because i pre-ordered it and i never really experienced any game-breaking bugs
the multiplayer is a little boring though and the story is predictable, but its fun to just walk around the city and just profile random people
>>
good things:
>actually great gunplay, the silenced pistol is the fucking best, shootouts feel great, possibly my favorite of any open world game.
>the overall story wasn't great but the chapter where you infiltrate iraq's tower was superb
>there wasnt 30 lines of dialogue every mission to let the player know that aiden is actually a good guy at heart (looking at you gta) but actually acknowledges eventually that he's a fucking selfish asshole
>ability to tackle missions loud or stealth, and seamlessly change between the 2 styles

bad things:
>driving is weird
>most characters feel underutilized in the story
>fucked up pc performance at release
>hacking should have been more fleshed out
>>
Only played the first 20 minutes but it didn't seem too bad. It was the driving at made me drop it so quickly.
>>
Literally everything.
>>
Watch_Dogs is one of those games that tries to do a lot of stuff, and fails to really have any polish or substance in really any area for it to stand out. I found myself just absolutely bored of the game when I got into Chapter 2, and all the side content (besides the mini games) felt pointless to me.

To be fair, I do hope Ubisoft learns from it and makes a Watch_Dogs 2 that fixes a lot of issues (Bad missions, badly patched together story, terrible driving, pointless side content, meh hacking) and actually makes it substantial. The series STILL has potential to be great if they polish it a little more.
>>
The athmosphere of chicago was GOAT. But ubisoft went full AC1 with the repetitive missions/sidemissions that make you do the same thing over and over again. mechanically the game worked fine besides some car handling issues.
>>
Okay stealth for an open world game, the hacking is neat and offers alot of side paths or variations to the same objective.

Poor world design, awful story and bland main character are huge faults.
>>
i think the moment i knew it was going to disappoint was about 30 minutes into the game where I got a crime in progress thing. I apparently stopped the guy threatening the victim too early (even though he had already stalked this person and was threatening them very loudly, getting ready to pull out a weapon)

so not only did this instantly stop the crime in progress, but then the victim and the guy with the gun immediately stood up, gave me strange looks, and walked away together.
>>
>tfw this game was supposed to finally elevate Chicago as a viable game setting but it failed
>>
File: watch dogs.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
watch dogs.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>322986821
five years of audio logs, some lasting a mere sentence, forming some plot nobody cares about
this 'talking to yourself' meme to do some half-assed worldbuilding needs to end.
>>
>>322986821
pretty much what others have said but add "misleading online experience". i had a decent time with it as broken as it was. playing cat and mouse was pretty fun and tense. they made it sound like everyone would be watching and invading everyone constantly though and it was really a minor detail of the game
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.