[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hyrule Historia is NON-CANON

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 9

File: SkywardSword.jpg-original.jpg (26KB, 849x472px) Image search: [Google]
SkywardSword.jpg-original.jpg
26KB, 849x472px
Now that I have your undivided attention, Zelda fans, I have a question.

I was browsing youtube earlier and noticed a video that stood out in my feed. One reason is because it was about Skyward Sword, a game I as too happen to abhor and short of the storyline would prefer if it didn't exist. The second reason is because the name Egoraptor was in the title. Being a real Zelda fan, I never bothered to watch that stupid review about OoT because I don't need a celebrity to make my opinion for me, nor would I trust the opinion of one like the sheeple on this site.

However to decipher the reason why it would show up on my feed, I decided to click on the video and skim-hop through it. As it turns out, it's not even about him. But one thing stuck out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTxqj-XoCXE

At around the 11:47 mark Link does something unusual. He opens his sail after jumping from a vine. I happen to know that the sail is programmed to only key contextual situations.

For what reason did his sail open?
>>
>>322978292
Everyone knew that already, OP.
Eiji Aonuma already said that.
>>
File: IMG_2421915604907.jpg (82KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2421915604907.jpg
82KB, 480x480px
>>322979169
No, actually he didn't. The back of the book just says "This book is canon for the foreseeable future. Until which point Nintendo is able to change things at our whim however we so damn please."

It's not quite the same as saying:

>"We commissioned a third-party to put together some stupid bullshit book that used a fake revelation of the timeline as bait for the 25th anniversary; because the person who wrote the series' lore and headed the Zelda Council is either dead or left Nintendo."

I won't cease until Nintendo has said which. I will get the Truth and offend millions of fanboys if I need to in the process of that pursuit.
>>
>>322978292
>Hyrule Historia is NON-CANON
Incorrect.
>>
>>322979960
Nope.
>>
>>322978292
Zeldafags, Smashfags and Metroidfags are the worst of Nintendo fans
>>
File: 1386409056933.gif (844KB, 500x244px) Image search: [Google]
1386409056933.gif
844KB, 500x244px
Sigh...

I should have known better than to expect much from /v/. Guess I'll have to escalate this to the tcrf guys.
You guys have got a lot of leveling up to do before you're on equal ground with me when it comes to Zelda.
>>
>>322978292
>>322980898
>Opens thread with obvious statement everyone on /v/ already knew.
>"real Zelda fan"
>"sheeple
>"Sigh..."
>"You guys have got a lot of leveling up to do"
You're like a parody of an underage gamefaq forum poster.

The sailcloth likely deployed when the player reflexively tapped the button to deploy it. From the point where the player leaped from the vine, Link's actual elevation from the ground directly below him was likely significant enough to warren the use of the sailcloth. Which was deployed more quickly than the text prompt was displayed.

Does that sufficiently answer your question, o wise and independently thoughtful Zelda fan?
>>
>>322978292
Hyrule Historia is you autistic fuckwit and that's not going to change no matter how much you bitch about it.
>>
File: Sheik'sFacewithoutMask.png (261KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Sheik'sFacewithoutMask.png
261KB, 640x480px
>>322982136
Actually no, but in coming back on a stroll with my dog I did complete deducing the answer (which I knew before starting this thread), but I thank you for trying nonetheless.

The reason it can't be yours is because the sail isn't triggered by height. If it were, then it could open anywhere that you can jump from really high. It has to be opened by content-sensitive situations such as an area where Link can dive (the tower of Skipper's House or the Leap of Faith in the Fire Temple).

The real answer was it's an overlapping aspect of the later part of the game where Groose shoots you into Faron Woods as it's flooded. Cheers!
>>
File: link_toy.jpg (28KB, 350x200px) Image search: [Google]
link_toy.jpg
28KB, 350x200px
>>322982401
Cry moar loser. You'll never amount to much in life with that sort of persistent arrogance and ignorance.

Which means your opinion will never matter. To anyone.

So choose the road you tread carefully my friend.

It's not canon, and nothing you can say will change that fact.
>>
>>322982934
But the sail IS triggered by height. And you CAN open it anywhere that you can from really high.
I'm sorry you weren't aware of this feature.
>>
File: tumblr_nkaz0mHq441u2x2ajo1_500.jpg (59KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nkaz0mHq441u2x2ajo1_500.jpg
59KB, 500x500px
>>322983223
Oh yeah, you're right.

I should have continued introspecting further. I do recall my experimentation with Levias yielding this conclusion. You can jump off his head while he flies under you, forcing the sail option to appear, which you can open and fall for miles if you miss the rest of his body.

Thanks for responding, and the correction! But then this begs the question again.... why did it open for such an insignificant height?
>>
OP is from Reddit, move along, nothing to see here.
>>
>>322984571
Oh, no. Reddit! The Chaeteu D'if of /v/ where you accuse all whose opinion offends you too much to deal with it and ship them off. Please spare me...

Grow up.
>>
>>322984979
Somehow this post really reeks of faggotry
>>
>>322984979
>assuming I posted that because your opinion "offended" me and not because you sound like a pretentious teenager throwing around claims he can't even substantiate

>>>/Reddit/
>>
>>322983601

The sail automatically becomes the default Item you can use with the B button when you're in the air, since no other items in the game can be used while falling. It's optional for every fall, and I thought it only automatically opened when you run over an updraft or fall into the world from the Sky.
>>
OP's writing style reeks of fedoras and autism
>>
@322984979
Just when blatant reddit shitposting cant get worse
>>
File: 2.jpg (6KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
6KB, 240x240px
>>322980478
Nintendo fans are the worst fans
(not really, Undertale fans are)
>>
>>322978292
>>322984979
How far up your own ass is your head?
>>
>>322978292
>>322979839
>>322980898
>>322982934
>>322983184
>>322983601
>>322984979
I need you to stop for a moment, look at your posts, and read them out loud to yourself. Really listen. Now in the future, do this before you submit the post.
>>
>>322980478
Name one thing wrong with Metroid fans which has nothing to do with their perfectly justified complaints towards the state of the franchise.
>>
i too found an important zelda video today

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzqLymaZ2ms
>>
File: 13447126644918.png (64KB, 143x200px) Image search: [Google]
13447126644918.png
64KB, 143x200px
>Giving him (You)s
The (You) economy is at a hard time and you're just giving them away like that?!
>>
>>322985980
Wow there were kids using YouTube back in 2005?
>>
File: Pat.png (343KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
Pat.png
343KB, 500x375px
I don;t think there really is much thought that goes into new Zelda games nowadays. Of course you can;t just pretend a main game in the series never happened but they do conveniently make up shit that will never be mentioned or seen again on a whim.

>I want Moles
>But Aonuma-sama why would there be mole people in Hyrule...
>I WANT MOLES

I guess maybe perhaps the Dragons are the light spirits from twilight Princess, never mind the fact they inexplicably disappear for a few centuries and Ordona never existed because reasons. But fuck logic the Sacred Realm was created to kill a walking Pineapple because we needed a final dungeon!
>>
>>322986217
(Toi)
(Kimi Ga)
(Usted)
>>
>>322986729
Your profanity and vague analogies make it hard to take you seriously and respond to anything you just said. It's like responding to a donkey. Please review how you make your posts anon.
>>
>>322986925
Is this a joke
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.