[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this the perfect alien game?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: alien-isolation.jpg (863KB, 2371x1421px) Image search: [Google]
alien-isolation.jpg
863KB, 2371x1421px
Is this the perfect alien game?
>>
Knee-high obstacles and uninteresting enemy scripting doesn't make for a particularly interesting game. Much less a 'perfect' Alien game.
>>
>>322977594
I almost wish I never saw that "kill no humans" trophy, because god damn were they annoying, especially the armored guy with the machine gun who never stops following you and there's no cover.

Also, the ending was a HUGE letdown, but I loved every other moment of the game. No Queen Alien? Doesn't even show you and Alien being blown out of airlock? Nope, just a cut to you floating in space the end.
>>
File: image.jpg (35KB, 454x330px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35KB, 454x330px
>>322978094
>scripting
>>
>>322977594
Well, my bro is a huge Alien nerd and he loved it
>>
File: 1421526986927.jpg (347KB, 1015x923px) Image search: [Google]
1421526986927.jpg
347KB, 1015x923px
It was a pretty good game. The medical bay section was the best. Had some sound issues which I found out because I have a 144hz monitor (don't know how they are related but ok). The robots were not freaky though just plain annoying.
>>
>>322979742
>That fucking reactor level
I hate how those flimsy rubber suits make them bulletproof and stun proof.
>>
>>322979919
That was great, especially if you go in blind and take it like a man.
>>
>>322977594
Never gotten so much anxiety from a game before. Alien legit 10/10 scares the fuck outta me, have to start and stop playing every 30-45 minutes.
>>
>>322978335
How do you think enemy AI functions in a single player game? It's scripting that reacts to certain events, positions of the player, et cetera.

There is interesting scripting that seems to nearly completely mimic a "real" enemy, and then there's uninteresting scripting that has quite a few flaws and breaks immersion/makes the game too simple.

If you were an ingame enemy, you would be the latter as you're a nigger that has no idea what he's on about.
>>
It had good sound design and the Sevastapol looked true to the Alien movies but I didn't really like the game overall. After a couple hours the Alien was more of a pest than something to be afraid of. Once the flamethrower and molotovs came into play I just started blasting it any time it showed up so it'd go away long enough for me to do what I had to do.
>>
fuck I love the interface designs
everything has such a weight to it, chunky keycards, levers, mechanical keyboards
gives me a raging boner
>>
>>322979919
>mfw I first try to pipe bomb one in a suit, and it just says "please don't damage Seegson property."
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.