[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>playing dark souls for the first time as warrior >having

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: FUCK THIS GAME.png (174KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
FUCK THIS GAME.png
174KB, 500x500px
>playing dark souls for the first time as warrior
>having great fun in my first 15 hours
>had gotten Zweihander and advanced knight armor some time ago
>shit was way too heavy so I upgraded everything +5 and saved it for later
>get to the basement of the watch tower in undead burg
>boss takes me by surprise, retreat to the second floor and fight him there
>he is 1 hit away from dying
>he blocks my next attack and then fucking hits me off the ledge and kills me in 1 hit
>w-whatever I can always return and try again right?
>he jumps off and kills himself
>haha what a retard!
>I come back and there's no loot
>I-I bet it was just a large soul or some shitty consumable
>50%+ equipment load ring
>JUST FUCK MY SHIT UP SENPAI
>>
cool thread op
>>
>>322974736
quit game and reload
>>
>>322975914
I already did it twice and nothing I don't mind starting up another character but do I really need to watch out for retarded bosses jumping off cliffs in the future or it's just that one? I don't want this to happen when I am 60 hours in or some shit
>>
>>322976641
Nah you're mostly good
>>
File: below.jpg (119KB, 668x1370px) Image search: [Google]
below.jpg
119KB, 668x1370px
>>322974736

>Get SotFS for 10 dollarydoos over the sale
>download it
>It crashes when opened

haha
>>
>>322976641
This is literally the first time I have heard of Havel committing suicide like that, and I didn't think it was possible since Havel normally never leaves the watchtower (you can cheese him super easy by just walking in/out of the front door making him walk out to do one attack then slowly walk back through the door). I don't think there's any other NPC enemy that has this problem to my recollection. In fact there's one optional guy where one kill method is to kick them off a cliff when they're not aggro'd and then quit/reload to make the drop spawn.

It was only really a problem in Demon's Souls where there's one NPC that you wanna kill the moment you meet him, but the place you fight him on is precarious and more often than not either you or him is going off the edge. Thankfully the quit/reload for drops worked back then too if I recall.
>>
There's plenty of stuff that can be missed in Dark Souls, but there's NG+, so don't worry too much about it.
>>
>>322974736>>322974736
Yeah just restart you really need the ring. At least now you know how to get there shouldn't take long to get back there.
>>
>>322979239
Oh, there is one similar thing you should know about, though.

If you join the Forest Guardians covenant, there'll be a couple new NPCs who spawn in Darkroot Basin and later in Blighttown: Shiva and his bodyguard. Attacking either will kick you out of the covenant, but killing Shiva's bodyguard is the only way to get the dark wood grain ring, which lets you roll really fast if you have low equipment weight. He hangs out near a cliff in Darkroot Basin, so you may want to wait to kill him until he spawns in Blighttown, so you can be sure that he won't fall to his death and force you to lose the ring.
>>
>>322976641
Honestly OP, the game shouldn't fuck up like that. Usually once you restart the game, his drop should either be where he died or where he spawns. Sorry for your loss OP, if you're an honor bound knight like I always am, restarting the game or resorting to hacks isn't even an option. Push through, persevere my friend.
>>
I actually just now got into pvp on my second run. Whats a good soul level for forest hunter? I'm getting alot of action surpizingly but I'm still getting my shit pushed in.
>>
>>322979494
That's not true, ideally you should kill his bodyguard by kicking him off the cliff, then quit/reload and the ring will be on the cliff where he fell. I've done this before since fighting the two of them in Blighttown can be more of a hassle.
>>
>>322974736
>he jumps off and kills himself
jumps off what?
he cant leave the tower
>>
>>322974736
Just CE it in
>>
>>322976641
Are you lying or are you retarded? This sounds made up as fuck.
>>
File: 1435750365756.png (211KB, 467x467px) Image search: [Google]
1435750365756.png
211KB, 467x467px
>>322974736
>>322976641
OP you lying sack of venereal diseased shit.
That doesn't happen in this game, when you reload the game all essential items dropped by NPC's and enemies get placed where they spawn.

Go back to reddit faggot
>>
>>322979047
I've had him leave the tower on me once, a few enemies throughout Souls games I've had leave their designated area actually, eventually they clip through it with an attack and keep following you anyways.

Never had any of them kill themselves though, outside of random Chalice Dungeon enemies that just seem to die 4-5 rooms over and Eileen's last hunter that somehow managed to aggro, activate Chikage and kill himself while I went from Rom->Hunter's Dream->Cathedral Ward.

But yeah, it's definitely possible, not common by any means. Havel is about the only one that can you drag far because you keep attacking him and baiting out attacks to where he follows before he starts backing up to reset, his HP allows for it at early game to take that many hits before dying.
>>
>>322981263

I was going to say you should wait because Shiva becomes a merchant with rare and unique wares in Blighttown. Then for possibly the first time ever I realized you could just off the bodyguard, absolve sins, then rejoin and buy stuff later. Fuck.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.