[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hate for Fallout - Meme or what?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 232
Thread images: 27

File: Fallout-4-400-hours.jpg (135KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Fallout-4-400-hours.jpg
135KB, 1920x1080px
do you guys hate fallout 4?

is this a meme or what

I don't understand

also if you guys hate it please explain why
>>
its a meme

we all agreed its better than 3 at least
>>
I just finished it after 113 hours. It wasn't very good. 7/10 at best. The plot was a new low of garbage that doesn't make any sense. New things and any sort of challenge disappeared after like 30 hours just like Skyrim. I had to force myself to finish it because I knew I'd never finish it if I dropped it.

The shooting is greatly improved over previous games, settlements were a cool (but poorly realized) idea and power armor was fun. That's all the good there is to say.
>>
>>322971749
It was okay, but the quests were absolute garbage and by extension, the story.

No real choices, no power to influence anything major, ending is basically 'you wipe out one non existent faction', only the BoS actually exist outside of their quest line.
>>
>>322972163

The plot was eye opening, made me do a lot of thinking about Artificial Intelligence, Free Will, Consciousness and the human condition in deciding my faction (railroad for me f a m)
>>
It has less quests than Skyrim.

SKYRIM.
>>
>>322972471
Well I guess if you are underage and never read a book or watched a single fucking movie in your entire life with androids in it like Bladerunner you would find this rubbish interesting.
>>
Fallout 1 and 2 are good games but, like Morrowind, are too dated to be worth playing (Morrowind only slightly less so).

Fallout 3 is totally playable and as significant and great a move for the series as Oblivion was in The Elder Scrolls: it offered the best compromise of updated, more enjoyable gameplay along with RPG skill building mechanics.

Fallout: New Vegas did massively improve the writing and overall setting over Fallout 3, but was still an unfinished game in both content on the map and even in the story. Still great but arguably less so than Fallout 3.

Fallout 4 tried to do what Skyrim did for The Elder Scrolls: problem being, Skyrim had many more interesting locales and quests than Fallout 4 does. There are only 2 great quests and the RPG mechanics have been entirely stripped out (without even a skill stat).

Final ranking:

Fallout 3 > Fallout 2 > Fallout 1 > Fallout: New Vegas > Fallout 4

Tactics and BoS are outliers so IDGAF.
>>
>>322972471
Kill yourself faggot
Institute tech could have saved humanity
And in institute storyline you have a choice for synths who want to be free to have a choice to leave
I hope you get skinned alive Redditor
Also it's a shitty game, finished all quests and storylines In 90 hours
Have 500 hours in skyrim and only do quests
Still have not finished them all
>>
File: monfurhur.jpg (431KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
monfurhur.jpg
431KB, 1920x1080px
Wide as an ocean, deep as a puddle. Open world was empty because you have to build every town yourself. Power armor after the first mission makes you overpowered. Deathclaws can be killed with 2 shotgun blasts. The wilderness isn't dangerous in general. Radiation is a joke to deal with.
>>
I hate it. It didn't even live up to FO3.

The only thing it brought to the table was better gunplay, but it also shat on everything else.

It was just a bad game that was lazily designed when you compare it to Skyrim, NV, or even FO3.
>>
>>322973043
>Replacing humanity with hollow children is saving it.
>>
Generally better than fallout 3, but worse in some ways.

Minutemen are the laziest thing in the game - you'll never want to go to sanctuary or the castle because you'll get 5 radiant quests you can't say no to
>>
How can someone at all claim Fallout 4 is better than Fallout 3?
>>
>>322971749
Fallout is my favorite RPG.
Fallout 4 is not an RPG.

You may be able to identify a conflict between those two statements.
>>
/v/ was going to hate it regardless of how good it was. The only thing that the game's quality changes is how often we see threads for F4.
>>
>>322973303
Are you fucking retarted you idiot?
They can't reproduce you dumb autist
You can become the fucking leader of the institute and control what and what doesn't happen, you can theoretically not make any more synths. You have science that can save the world. If I knew you IRL I would beat you to a fucking pulp you fucking faggot
>>
I find that you can like something that you think isn't very good.

This and skyrim are examples for me.
>>
>>322973101
>Power armor after the first mission makes you overpowered.
As much as I hate saying this:
Then don't use it.

>Deathclaws can be killed with 2 shotgun blasts.
then don't cheat and add explosive to shotgun with console commands :)
>>
Because after playing the other Fallouts Fallout 4 doesn't top the previous ones or add any new worthwhil elements
>>
>>322974017
>Kidnapping people and killing them for their memories is saving humanity

The institute only has the technology to destroy.
>>
There's no meme it really was lacking in content
>>
>>322972163
>Wasn't very good
>7/10
>a good amount above average
Jesus /v/ is retarded
>>
>>322971749
It's shit but fun.

Yea, i have autism
>>
It has potential to be a fun sandbox like skyrim. Maybe dlc can save it.
>>
>>322974017
This is the worst post on /v/ today
>>
None of the Fallout 4 have any good qualities. Seriously they're all shit
>>
>>322974580
7/10 is like a large failure in the video games scale of reviews
>>
>>322974017
stay assblasted, kiddo
>>
>>322974442
>kidnapping retards who have no idea what they're doing and replacing them with your own agents for the better of mankind

sounds like a sound plan, hopefully we can eventually get rid of this shitty shack shit culture
>>
Unlikes TES games, Fallout feels notorious for not having shit to do after the main story.

I mean there's definitely things to do, just not anything interesting. I'm really disappointing considering Fallout 3 is one of my favorite games of all time.
>>
>>322974636
I don't see what's "autistic" about liking something and saying it's bad.
>>
Very little weapon variety, The crafting system fails to save it, There's no good reason to make settlements, (Although i find it fun myself) There's like 4 different kinds of enemies, The armour system was a nice return to how it was in morrowind, Power armour was op as fuck and cores are everywhere, The quests and story are mostly shit and the dialog options are god awful, exploration is fun and combat is fine.
Worth 20 dollars, not 60.
>>
>>322974932
Same could be said of TES games. All the side quests are fairly boring as well
>>
>>322974837
Good thing we're talking about a post. Unless anon likes to use the retarded IGN scales. Don't grade games like math exams kids, it's retarded
>>
It took an already dumbed down series, and continued to dumb it down in every single way. Much like Skyrim.
>>
>>322975240
B- for your post
>>
>>322972471
That is like the most overdone trope in sci-fi, and Fallout 4 didn't do a great job at it. You should read more or at the very least play more games if this is the thing that opened your eyes about it.
>>
m confused as to why Bethesda is going a realistic route when it comes to the character creation.

First Skyrim, now Fallout 4.
Why can't I create a blue haired character?
Why does the hair go from white, to gray, to black, brown, blonde, red, orange?
Why these realistic colors?

Fuck! I want my variety.
>>
>>322972869
Fallout 2 is still worth playing imo.

By the way have you gone back to Fallout 3 recently? I played it again last week and found more shit lacking than I did when I first played New Vegas. NV really is the superior game.
>>
>>322972471
you must be 12
>>
>>322975363
Dang! I need at least an A in shitposting 101! My Dad's gonna be so mad...
>>
>>322971749
Because youre autistic
>>
>>322974926
>Replacing people with robots is good for people.

How so? Seems more like murder.
>>
>2016
>bethesda still lets us blow people into spaghetti
>but sex is still icky
>>
>>322972735
>>322973043
>>322975378
>>322975457
you've all been taken for a ride
>>
Within the first 10 hours of New Vegas, even when my computer was shit, I knew that I'd be buying the game eventually.

I know I won't be buying Fallout 4.
>>322975435
>Fallout 2 is still worth playing imo.
Did you play it when it came out? I just can't get around the graphics. Same with all the old RPG's (and the combat, but I like Fallout 1+2 combat).
>I played it again last week and found more shit lacking than I did when I first played New Vegas. NV really is the superior game.
Here's what I like about Fallout 3 vs New Vegas
1. combat is more enjoyable. They really underpowered VATS in New Vegas, and perhaps that was a balancing choice but having to rely on the shitty FPS mechanics in those games is a last resort.
2. In Fallout 3, every location has SOMETHING valuable in it: whether a bobblehead or a weapon or a magazine. FNV has a lot of plain useless locations (largely because it's an unfinished game...).
3. WITH BROKEN STEEL, I like Fallout 3's ending more than F:NV. I don't like any open world game that just has a slideshow as the ending without letting you explore the world aftewards. This is again a flaw of NV being unfinished.

I mean obviously the best locations of NV like the Vaults and the best characters like House and the best DLC like Dead Money blows Fallout 3 the fuck out. But the flaws are too numerous IMO to put it ahead of Fallout 3, which is just a much more consistent, cohesive product.
>>
>>322975737
well most wastelanders have no idea what they're doing and barely figure out how to survive and CONSTANTLY as for your help

the one settlement the institute got into seems to be fine despite in a dangerous area near gunners

and if you go back to it, they'll burn down the evidence as in the crops and ONLY the crops

the railroad accidentally makes synths into raiders
>>
Stop arguing about the factions. They were all retarded. The Institute created super mutants for no reason and then released them into the wastelnd for no reason. They also decided to give their robots enough free will to rebel against them for no reason. The Railroad invests tremendous effort into helping robots run away even though the Institute can just build more at any time. The Brotherhood of Steel, a group obsessed with hoarding technology, want to destroy the greatest research lab in the world. With nukes. And the Minutemen are hilariously incompetent just so the player can feel important from the very start of the game.
>>
File: 1451857665877.jpg (255KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1451857665877.jpg
255KB, 1920x1080px
>>322971749

Anyone who is honest will say it's mediocre with fun moments. Graphics are ok, punctuated with weird bugs.

Everyone else is lying.
>>
>>322976206
>Anyone who is honest will say it's mediocre with fun moments.
Yep.
>Graphics are ok, punctuated with weird bugs.
If they weren't horribly optimized I'd agree.
My computer can't handle the basegame because the city runs like total fucking shit.
>>
>>322971749
For a fallout game, it is really bad. For a Bethesda game, it is a very good game.
>>
>>322971749
We don't hate Fallout 4.

We hate you. *Appears behind you*
>>
>>322975981
At least the locations in New Vegas that were finished had some personality to them. Fallout 3 was a bunch of scattered, repetitive nooks and crannies with always the same generic loot in them. Which was always useless because you're permanently swimming in ammo and caps.

And I take it you've never played Lonesome Road. But no matter any of that, I'm not one to care much for writing in videogames but F3's is so atrocious I wince when talking to characters, I have a hard time believing a functioning adult actually wrote all that shit.
>>
>>322976057
>they'll burn down the evidence as in the crops and ONLY the crops
No, they're killing the people too.

>the one settlement the institute got into seems to be fine despite in a dangerous area near gunners

Are you fucking my stoma? There are plenty of settlements in places where in reality they'd get fucked by the super mutants, raiders, roaming deathclaws, and so on as soon as you left.

That's proof of nothing.

>the railroad accidentally makes synths into raiders
No, they made a synth into an individual with the same capacity to turn to raiding as anyone else with free will.
>>
>>322970149
I hate the SPECIAL system, the perk system may have been OK, but as executed the skill system was just better. The perks were horribly lackluster.

>spend a lot of time improving the real time combat
>virtually all combat related perks are VATS only, with the exception being %damage increases
>press e to execute critical
>PRESS E TO EXECUTE CRITICAL

The quests are dull, there's no real branching, and the illusion of real choice only persists so long as you aren't using a mod that shows you the complete dialogue choices.

Voice acted protagonist was definitely a mistake, it feels like it severely limited the amount of roleplaying options available to the player.

Bethesda still doesn't know how to do difficulty (hurr more difficulty = spongier enemies, that's 'difficult', right guys??)

Weapon modding is very underwhelming.

Fucking have to mess with the configuration files because Bethesda doesn't include basic configuration options in their menus.

Countless other dumb garbage. Countless. eg: why does Nick Valentine know who Dogmeat is if I haven't used him at all the entire game? etc.

I don't recommend the game, not without extensive mods by the community first. As packaged, the best I can give the game is 5/10.
>>
File: 1404278044645.jpg (24KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1404278044645.jpg
24KB, 320x240px
>>322975981
>fallout 3
>more cohesive than new vegas
>>
>>322976467
Eh, I never had a moment in Fallout 3 that made me think "Jesus Christ are you kidding me?" which I did in Fallout 4. parts of 3 are hammy, yeah; like Mr. Burke. But I take that as part of the dark zaniness of the game.
>>322976659
>eg: why does Nick Valentine know who Dogmeat is if I haven't used him at all the entire game? etc.
holy shit this like even if you don't even fucking SHOW HIM to Nick
it's such fucking bullshit goddammit
>>322976705
Want to prove me wrong instead of shitposting, kid?
>>
>>322971749
I enjoyed it quite a bit for what it was.

>>322973101
Should have played on Survival Very Hard if it was so easy for you.
>>
File: fallout 3.png (85KB, 912x670px) Image search: [Google]
fallout 3.png
85KB, 912x670px
>>322976802
>>
File: 1378702042360.png (427KB, 640x481px) Image search: [Google]
1378702042360.png
427KB, 640x481px
>>322976802
The game lacks cohesion because pretty much all the areas in the game have no connection towards one another. It's a theme park of enclosed and small stories that don't affect any bit of the story at large. Most everything in New Vegas somehow connects to the end-game in some way or another. Thus, more cohesion.
>>
>>322976603
>No, they're killing the people too.

wrong, I went back to the settlement and all I ever saw after MONTHS of playing is the crops all "destroyed" even the ones I put down, but the family was still there

and even then, later on shaun make you the leader and tells you to tell the waste of YOUR intentions after his own death

ofc course bethesda is too lazy to add quest after the main one so you can enact your will

atleast you get a unique white paintjob for power armor from them

and they where supposed to have their own set of power armor too
>>
>>322977040
Can someone post the response picture to this stupid mislead garbage and actually goes into detail
>>
>>322977227
>Can someone post
If you don't have it, don't talk about it.
>>
>>322977040
What does the plot have to do with whether a game is cohesive?
Where is your own reasoning instead of posting a fucking spammed image?
How old are you?
>>322977143
That's not what I find cohesion to mean: cohesion means that, overall, the games' parts are generally equal in quality and form a great whole. Fallout 3 is more cohesive because in spite of some flaws, the rest of the game makes up for them. Fallout: New Vegas has some exceptional areas but many drastic problems.
>>
>>322977227
To be fair Fallout 3's writing is shit
>>
>>322977143
the best part is, them denying obsidian the bonus and it biting them in the ass later
>>
Pros
>improved gunplay
>gun bashing
>most of the companions are likable
>graphics and physics engine are definite improvements from the previous games
>character creator is better than ever
>power armor feels more like a significant power up rather than just another set of armor
>looting containers without pausing the game

Cons
>you get power armor literally an hour into the game
>repeatable quests are boring as fuck
>less variety in hair colors
>severely limited dialogue compared to previous games
>voiced protagonist with pre-established backstory makes roleplaying different characters much more difficult
>mods basically required to fix a lot of inane bullshit
>some outfits and clothes are unusable due to being incompatible with armor pieces and having shit stats
>ballistic weave, which is supposed to relieve this issue, is limited to The Railroad for some reason
>the dog, which they hyped up heavily before release, is the worst companion in the game
>companion affinity system is broken (e.g. piper thinks you're a paragon of the commonwealth even though all you've done is pick a bunch of locks)
>retarded Bethesda writing
>complete lack of a variety interesting towns due to the settlement system
>settlement system itself feels tacked on, like a mod rather than part of the game itself
And many, many more.
>>
>>322971749
+++Fun action game. Gets the job done

-NOT THE RPG I WAS PROMISED. LINEAR, SHIT.

overall 7/10
>>
>>322977287
> if there evidence that contradicts what I'm saying don't let the people know about it
>>
>>322971749
The game looks like ass for the most part, it looks nice sometimes, especially in a few outdoor areas, but it has the same dull, ugly textures as New Vegas and FO3.

It gives the player the most overpowered gear at the very beginning of the game, it makes you overpowered as soon as possible and the player does literally nothing to earn it.

It is the same repackaged, regurgitated material as the previous fallout games, it doesn't bring much to the table aside from the settlement creating mechanic.

It got rid of the reputation mechanic, you can kill pretty much whoever you want, and no one will give a shit.

The writing and main storyline is awful for the most part, and the dialogue wheel is confusing and frustrating.

Shall I continue, or do you get the idea?
>>
File: 1392165358377.jpg (46KB, 619x587px) Image search: [Google]
1392165358377.jpg
46KB, 619x587px
>>322977319
>That's not what I find cohesion to mean
Well that makes you wrong. The game's cohesiveness means everything in the game works well with one another. It shouldn't be a bunch of independent parts you jam together and hope works. They've all got to be made for each other. That means since in New Vegas most areas are directly connected to others for reasons being through questlines, through faction purposes, through lore reasons, that makes it a more cohesive and consistent world.
>>
>>322977160
>wrong, I went back to the settlement and all I ever saw after MONTHS of playing is the crops all "destroyed" even the ones I put down, but the family was still there

Are you absolutely sure? I remember the computer entry saying the family would be taken care of too and didn't they still kidnap, interrogate, and murder the father?
>>
>>322976802
The settlements, for one thing. In New Vegas, the settlements made sense. Goodsprings was built on a fresh water source, Primm and Novac were touris traps on the way to Vegas.

In Fallout 3 the settlements were just zany, nonsensical setpieces. The Republic of Dave was just a family in the middle of fucking nowhere. Megaton was actually built around a live atomic bomb. Yes, they're zany and unique. But they don't contribute to a cohesive world.
>>
File: mfw I read your post.jpg (231KB, 611x440px) Image search: [Google]
mfw I read your post.jpg
231KB, 611x440px
>>322977626
>Well that makes you wrong.
OK kid.
>>
It's been 2 months and they've only had 1 "major" patch.
What the fuck is Bethesda's problem?
I'm looking at you, targeting HUD bug.
>>
>>322975949
>im only pretending to be 12
Either that or you're a shitposter which doesn't make you any better so back to reddit lil guy.
>>
>>322977752
As I said here: >>322977319
You seem to have a very different definition of cohesion from me.
>>
This game is the worst RPG Bethesda put out in years. I didn't think it was possible to sink lower than Skyrim but holy shit. Fallout 4 is abomination and a disgrace to the Fallout franchise. 9/10
>>
File: ScreenShot68.png (1MB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
ScreenShot68.png
1MB, 1280x800px
>>322977714
yup

had a quickie screenshot

not to mention in the institute ending, there was also synths freely roaming around town areas
>>
>>322977365
Examples?
>>
>>322978001
Tenpenny Tower's quest. The concept of Megaton.
>>
>>322977924
If two people say you're wrong in terms of what cohesion means I don't think they're the ones that are wrong.
>>
>>322977986
Wasn't the experiement at the barn or the waste treatment plant?

I'll have to go through institute logs again. I haven't played in a few months.
>>
>>322978114
Mind going into more detail on what exactly is the problem? Just so I know you aren't just speaking out of your arse and parroting what others have said
>>
>>322978001
The President of the Enclave can be convinced to give up his primary programming function, and destroy the entire Enclave, if you simply tell him that what he's doing is wrong.
>>
>>322978137
The definition of cohesion is:
>the action or fact of forming a united whole.

You both are claiming that cohesion means that locations need to fit together logically into a narrative.

I am saying that cohesion means that the gameplay, RPG elements, story, etc. combine together in a united whole.

Both of your definitions are purely convenient for this discussion, because they make NV seem superior. But in the grand scale of things and each game as a UNITED WHOLE, 3 is better.
>>
>>322978228
waste treatment plant

and if I remember correctly, it only evidence
>>
>>322971749
I dont hate it, but aside from the opening sequences in each game I find them virtually unplayable, bought the whole series up to vegas in a steam sale and ended up returning every last one of them.
>>
You know... I'm having fun with it. I went in not expecting good writing or story, so I'm getting genuine enjoyment out of exploring and coming across dungeons and characters on my own. Also, Nick Valentine is great and doing his quest line is satisfying.
>>
>>322978357
Why build a town around a radioactive bomb? Why aren't people rapidly turning in to ghouls or dying? Tenpenny Tower was a shit quest in which the concept of was retarded and the actual actions you take in it are boring as fuck
>>
File: HeatherMason.png (899KB, 720x1799px) Image search: [Google]
HeatherMason.png
899KB, 720x1799px
I don't hate it, it's decently fun for like an hour. It's just incredibly manufactured, soulless, and dumb. It has no spark, no big ideas, and it just feels passable at best. Nearly everything is a downgrade from NV and even FO3 except for basic gunplay.

After the first hour it's just boring and depressing. It's definitely worse than Skyrim, it isn't even pretending to be an RPG anymore.
>>
>>322978394
All of the elements from every game are cohesive by your definition. Everything in every game contributes to the UNITED WHOLE of that game.
>>
>>322977924
Alright another anon here, let's dissect your argument a little. So, although we have an established definition for cohesion, an action or fact of forming a united whole, you choose to redefine it for yourself. Rather bold I must say anon, let's see what you have.
>Fallout 3 is more cohesive because in spite of some flaws, the rest of the game makes up for them. Fallout: New Vegas has some exceptional areas but many drastic problems.
You are completely changing the definition here anon! It keeps nothing in tact, the original word has no meaning. I believe what you meant to say is that you like Fallout 3 more because you had more fun (for whatever reason that may be, and please do share), and could not get in to New Vegas' superior gameplay, story, and atmosphere. Your argument has nothing to do with cohesion and everything to do with personal bias. D- see me after class
>>
>>322971749
skyrim is more rpg than fallout.

skyrim.

let that sink in for a minute.
>>
>>322978357
Not him, but probably the resolution to the Tenpenny quest on the ghouls side being classified as good and killing them for murdering the inhabitants as evil and siding with the residents and wiping out Roy from the beginning being an evil thing too.

The quest would've been better if they'd simply removed the karma from it.

>concept of megaton
Town built around a nuke and made from a scrapped airport when there were buildings still a short trip away that could accommodate people.

The idea behind this is that the children of atom were the main labor force and had a lot of pull in terms of where to rebuild and they chose around a nuke.
>>
>>322978575
>Went in with 0 standards
>Game was able to meet your standards
Amazing
>>
>>322978765
Fallout 3 had good/decent gameplay, passable story/writing (unless you're trying to absolutely dump the game, like /v/ contrarians do), excellent world, so on.

Fallout New Vegas had weak combat, great writing/story, passable world, so on.

Fallout 3 has very little that you can argue is truly terrible like you could the glitches with FNV on release along with the many blank or otherwise uninteresting locations that had to be abandoned.
>>322978891
Sorry kid, not reading your paragraph.
>>
All factions are retarded
>>
>>322978894
>The idea behind this is that the children of atom were the main labor force and had a lot of pull in terms of where to rebuild and they chose around a nuke.
Why aren't they dead or ghoulified from humping a nuke all day
>>
>>322978597
Perhaps to be used as an source of power considering most things were nuclear powered.

It was was an unexploded bomb and as far as im aware bombs are usually built to be sealed and as far as I'm aware the bomb wasn't leaking radiation

I'm pretty sure there was some weak excuse in the game on why they built around it told by one of the settlers however cannot remember as it was a long ass time ago

Not sure what you are harping o with ten penny tower are you talking about inviting the ghouls OVER?
>>
Bland as fuck
I was super hyped for the game I liked 3 and NV and played the first 3 games in anticipation for the game too
I haven't played the game in almost 2 months and got really bored after like 10 hours and stopped after like 20 hours
There was literally no reason for me to explore with RNG loot drops and a gun crafting system while although solid it made unique weapons obsolete
Plus the whole Boston setting isn't compelling to me either
Plus the AI's 100% accuracy with all grenades is fucking annoying
>>
>>322979175
>Why aren't they dead or ghoulified from humping a nuke all day

Radiation is only a factor if you're the player or as a point of plot convenience. Correct me if I'm wrong, but since FO1, NPCs could stay next to the glow or any radiation source forever unlike you. Same in 2. Same in 3. Same in NV. Same in 4.
>>
>>322979126
The world in Fallout 3 is not excellent. That's what we've been saying. None of the towns make any logical sense. The main story is riddled with plot holes. No characters have a motivation more complex than "I am good" or "I am evil."
>>
>>322978394
Okay so burden of proof is now on you, what makes 3 more cohesive? Like others have said, NV has settlements that make sense, factions that aren't completely 1-sided, an actual ending. 3 has ridiculous shit like Megaton and Little Lamplight, retarded factions and my god the plot is unsalvageable.
>>
>>322979680
>None of the towns make any logical sense.
>logical sense
I don't see why you place value on this.
>The main story is riddled with plot holes.
See:
>>322979126
>passable story/writing (unless you're trying to absolutely dump the game, like /v/ contrarians do)
>>
>>322979126
>Fallout 3 had good/decent gameplay,
>Fallout New Vegas had weak combat
But it's mostly the same, except that New Vegas has added more features which makes it better.
>Fallout 3 has very little that you can argue is truly terrible like you could the glitches with FNV on release along
Fallout 3 was just as buggy at release and still is to this day. It runs better through a mod for New Vegas than as a standalone game.
>>
File: 1451864423651.jpg (146KB, 500x625px) Image search: [Google]
1451864423651.jpg
146KB, 500x625px
Just waiting for the sex mods to roll in, just like every other Bethesda game.

Lobotomized roleplay
Gave a shit about two characters and they were both robots
Power armor is nice
Gunplay is nice
Weapon customization is alright
Settlement building I couldn't give a fuck about
Balls to the wall dumb plot

It's OK. I found some entertainment in it, but it just made me want to go back to New Vegas which had monumentally better roleplay mechanics. I'd probably be fine with it if I wasn't limited to four fucking dialogue options that usually wound up being the same thing.

Remember exercise! Too much time in front of the Terminal is not good for you.
>>
>>322979780

>>322979126
>>
>>322979817
Not that anon but even schewing logic, non of the towns have fun gimmicks. Except maybe rivet, and the loli/shota town if you'er into that
>>
>>322979594

I think settlers actually take radiation damage, but are "protected" in vanilla and thus won't be killed by it
>>
>>322980068
Still nothing related to a "cohesive world."
>>
File: 1415004884223.png (67KB, 449x1197px) Image search: [Google]
1415004884223.png
67KB, 449x1197px
>>322979126
Holy fuck anon how can you even delude yourself in to believing this shit? There's no point either when someone actually makes an argument and you just get dyslexia for a bit. Keep living in your fantasy world where Bethesda still makes good games.
>>
>>322980164
>I think settlers actually take radiation damage
what suggests this?
>>
>>322979880
>except that New Vegas has added more features which makes it better.
New Vegas nerfed VATS as I already said.
If I'm going to have to keep quoting my posts for you kids that keep arriving then I'm just going to stop posting.
>Fallout 3 was just as buggy at release and still is to this day.
All I can say is that I entirely disagree based on my thorough, long-time experience with both games.
>>322980107
>Republic of Dave
>Little Lamplight
>Andale
How are these not fun gimmicks?
>>322980248
How old are you? I'm curious.
>>
Fallout 4 is at best a glib facsimile.
>>
For me fallout 4 involved looking around, trying to find something interesting

but eventually you explore everything and realize only like two places were interesting and everything else was fetch quests and dungeons that contain a magazine that gives you +5% crit damage and a steamer trunk full of pipeshit and a nearby
>>
File: 1451126662128.webm (195KB, 302x272px) Image search: [Google]
1451126662128.webm
195KB, 302x272px
>>322972869
>3
>better than any other Fallout
lol

2 = 4 > New Vegas > 1 >>>>>>>>>>>> (...) 3
>>
>>322980330
>everyone that disagrees with me obviously must be a child
Are you serious dude? You've been doing that the entire thread. Are you in high school?
>>
>>322980459
How old are you?
>>
File: witcherfallour.jpg (10KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
witcherfallour.jpg
10KB, 300x168px
between Fallout 4 and the Witcher 3 (both "meme" hate games), which does /v/ prefer?
>>
>>322980330
>New Vegas nerfed VATS as I already said.
Because that shit was fucking broken in 3, New Vegas simply made it better. You're conveniently forgetting Damage Threshold, different ammo and the likes.
>All I can say is that I entirely disagree based on my thorough
>my thorough
Oh, so nothing then.
>>
You cant whore yourself out.
>>
>>322979594
Engine Liminations. You can find a recently diseased man in Fallout New Vegas who died of radiation and Moira gets Ghoulfied in Fallout 3.

Gameplay wise, NPC's don't die of radiation because that would take too fucking long. Within the context of the game world, they do and do so often.
>>
>>322980310

I put a bunch of beds around a radiation source and settlers would occasionally enter the downed state

if I boot the game up again I'll see if they actually die now that there's a mod where settlers can die
>>
>>322980531
>>
>>322980541
Haven't bothered with The Witcher 3 yet since I'm waiting on the inevitable Enhanced Edition. Never even got to the main city in Fallout 4 since I got bored by the constant raiders and mutants without interesting sidequests.
>>
>>322980310
Not him, but I was talking to a settler near a bunch of radiation barrels in the drive-in settlement and he collapsed after like a minute.
>>
>>322980330
>Little Lamplight
I said loli shota town
>Andale
Holy fucking shit cannibals in a post apoc setting? Slow down Bethesda you are blowing my mind
>Republic of Dave
I cannot think of a single interesting thing about the republic
>>
>>322980589
He basically likes VATs because it's an "I win button" to the kinda mediocre FPS combat.
>>322980541
I thought /v/ fucking loved The Witcher series?
>>
>>322980815
perhaps once, now they decided to hate it
>>
Oh yeah I forgot you can actually just strawpoll and realize almost every person who enjoyed FO3 more than NV is in the vast minority or shitposting. http://strawpoll.me/6470786
>>
>>322980815
>I thought /v/ fucking loved The Witcher series?
The series became incredibly popular after 2. That's when /v/ started to hate it.
>>
File: Capture.png (27KB, 872x362px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
27KB, 872x362px
Goodbye Fallout 4.
I won't miss you.
>>322980526
Only the people who shitpost, which has been a minority of the people.
>>322980589
>New Vegas simply made it better
No, it made VATS worthless to use. Which, as I already said, means relying on the garbage FPS mechanics.
>You're conveniently forgetting Damage Threshold, different ammo and the likes.
Neat additions but they didn't improve the experience for me much.
>Oh, so nothing then.
Yeah only playing everything since Oblivion upon launch. :)
>>322980663
Interesting: a lot of people claim to be 25...
>>322980813
>I said loli shota town
True.
>Holy fucking shit cannibals in a post apoc setting?
Did you know that when you walked into Andale?
>I cannot think of a single interesting thing about the republic
How about the whole fact that it's a deluded dictatorial society in an area the size of like 4 houses.
You don't find that a fun idea at all?
Weird.
>>
>>322980980
I wish I was younger, faggot.
>>
>>322980905
Being serious right now:

Who cares about /v/'s opinion? Or really any 4chan board? They're all just trying to be counter-culture and counter-whatever-reddit-likes.
>>
>>322980625
That's what I meant. Plot convenience. Scripted events. I understand why and it explains why the atom priest isn't dead unless we're supposed to accept Atom is a real god like the glowing sea worshipers suggest.

>>322980781
>>322980642
Interesting. Good job bethesda.
>>
>>322980980
>it made VATS worthless to use
i found great use in shooting cazadores' wings and mutants' weapons
>>
Reminder that the super hero town was the only good location in 3.
>>
>>322980330
22 how about you bb? It's funny that you call everyone kids but don't know how to argue. I know you're just baiting it's fun though.
>>
>>322980980
>Did you know that when you walked into Andale?
No but when I found out I did not give a shit. Why? Because I saw this in other post apoc settings and done better.
>How about the whole fact that it's a deluded dictatorial society in an area the size of like 4 houses.
You don't find that a fun idea at all?
Weird.
Wow a fascist small town community? Excuse me while I cum rainbows over this geyser of creativity
>>
>>322981215
I found it "useful" for Cazadores too, but only in the sense "If I don't make it in VATS I'm fucked."
>>322981256
*except for RoD
*except for little lamplight
*except for paradise falls
*except for the tons of areas to explore with tons of content
>>322981342
I think you, like the other posters, want to dislike Fallout 3 more and are finding flaws where there fundamentally are not any.
>>
>>322981256
Super hero town?
>>
Fallout New Vegas' plot: Choose between two different factions, the guy you originally followed, or be your own person.
Fallout 4: SHAAAAAAAAAUN!!!
>>
>>322973526

Because 3 was dog shit.
>>
Fallout 4 could have been better with about an extra years worth of improvement.

Everything feels super barebones.

>No real weapon variety.

>Can't modify most unique weapons(what the fucks the point ).

>Nonsensical pseudo Diablo tier loot drops.
It wasn't going to be a great game, but it could have been a neat "fuck around" game.
>>
>>322972471
The movie Artificial Intelligence did it a lot fucking better.
>>
>>322981557
>That ending
Fuck, man.
Fuck.
>>
>>322981441
A shitty town where a deathclaw would spawn and kill visiting traders and residents meaning it was a bad idea to stop there and risk the lives of merchants.

There was a garage, a townhouse-ish building, and a diner.
>>
>>322971749
The story is incredibly pathetic. I like shooting, but it just feels like im playing rage as a character who's actually even more boring and generic as commander shepard. I really could just go on about how laughably infantile the plot is, but also every sub-plot.

Even worse is the actual world they created. No real conflict, massive amounts of resources and ammo, everyone can read, all races get along and live together, sjw-tier championship, etc.
>>
>>322981425
>I think you, like the other posters, want to dislike Fallout 3 more and are finding flaws where there fundamentally are not any.
Except aside from Fallout 4, it being the blandest, poorly balanced, badly writtten Fallout? I guess so
>>
>>322981481
To its credit, FO4 does let you choose between factions. The factions just happen to be totally retarded because Bethesda cannot write character motivation to save their lives.
>>
>>322981627
>fairy tales
>>
>>322981481
You can choose between 4 factions in Fallout 4, though.
>>
>>322981092
I like to get a gauge of how many people are shitposting and those that truly think 3 is a better game. Like if I were to see a well constructed, logical argument as to why 3 is better than NV I would actually be very happy, because I do not understand how you can enjoy 3 but hate NV. Mostly shitposting though I can never tell anymore because some are so insanely horrible I figure it has to be some meta-shitpost but you never knowww
>>
>>322972471
Watch Blade Runner. It will blow your mind apparently
>>
>>322981679
I cannot for the life of me remember this in the slightest.
The only things I remember from 3 is the Boat town, Nuke town, Little Lamplight, and that vault that ran whitenoise through the speakers.
>>
This is just a big timewaste so I'll say in conclusion:

In Story:

Fallout: New Vegas wins because of the superior writing and of course more believable factions.

In Gameplay:

Fallout 3 wins because it supplemented the lackluster shooting mechanics with a competent VATS system unlike the severely weakened system in New Vegas. Despite the additions in NV like the damage threshold and additional ammos, these rarely if ever changed the overall experience.

In Content:

Fallout 3 wins simply because it is a finished game and Fallout New Vegas isn't. New Vegas, while having higher peaks, has far shallower valleys with plenty of locations having nothing worthwhile in them because they were abadoned in development.

Fallout 3 is a much more consistent, much more united whole of a game. It's much more enjoyable because it has few gripes that jump out at you as you play, unlike Fallout New Vegas where the flaws are much more visibly present and appear much more often.
>>
>>322981825
>older fallout and NV have the bladerunner gun
>fallout 4 heavily involves androids
>no bladerunner gun
>>
>>322981773
You can fucking join all of them and go balls fucking deep into them with no consequence.
>>
>>322981902
Lol. It was fun. Feel free to b8 anytime, you autistic freak.
>>
>>322981902
>competent VATS
You mean gamebreaking piece of shit.
>>
>>322981902
>Fallout 3 wins simply because it is a finished game and Fallout New Vegas isn't
Fallout 3 needed a DLC to add a fucking ending
>>
In other words, you have to write absurdly nitpicky copypastes on /v/ in order to get into Fallout 3 flaws.

To talk about NV flaws, you just have to play the game.
>>
>>322982125
And I said that NV wins in the story.

Have a nice night kid.
>>
>>322982148
This. Fallout 3 is literally flawless. It is the magnum fucking opus of the Fallout series
>>
>>322981739
I'm not too far in the game and the only factions i know are the Brotherhood and the Minutemen. Fuck the Minutemen, I started off liking them until:
"Hey, I did the thing you wanted, happy?"
"We're not done yet... There is another thing I want you to do, General."
>do that
"Alright, that's done, now?"
"No, not quite, here's another thing I want you to do."
>do that
"Now?"
"Not exactly, this thing is different..."

I sent him off somewhere and I don't even remember where...
>>
>>322981902
Fallout New Vegas isn't unfinished far from it. Some locations are just there to flesh out the world. Not everything needs to exist as a nice little fresh loot box.

>Fallout 3 wins because it supplemented the lackluster shooting mechanics with a competent VATS
Shooting wasn't good, but it wasn't bad. I don't play many FPS games so maybe I shouldn't judge. I think moving away from VATs as an "I win" button to either an "Oh Shit" button or an "Can be great if you build for it" mechanic is good.
>>
File: 1421132710204.jpg (52KB, 396x478px) Image search: [Google]
1421132710204.jpg
52KB, 396x478px
>7 years for a game that ends up being just okay
>>
>>322982378
Radiant Quests(why are they called that?). I feel like an idiot doing the same shit for the Railroad thinking this shit had a point.
>>
File: 1432340225073.jpg (12KB, 283x381px) Image search: [Google]
1432340225073.jpg
12KB, 283x381px
>>322982314
>>
>>322981425
>little lamplight
>good
little lamplight was a railroad with two paths. a tedious one and a stupid one
>>
>>322982378
You'll see why they're retarded by the end >>322976146 Bethesda really has a hard time writing motivations because all their shit is so inconsistent.
>>
>>322982584
I too laugh with unbridled joy while playing Fallout 3. Fallout 3 the single best post apocalypse game made to this day
>>
File: 1451812614426.gif (2MB, 300x245px) Image search: [Google]
1451812614426.gif
2MB, 300x245px
>>322982562
>Oh cool P.A.M. can give quests too
>Oh cool a hidden stash, sounds neat!
>Oh cool there's MORE!
>Oh... it's the same thing
>Oh... 10mm ammo
>P.A.M. wants to see you
It's a punch in the dick when you realize these are just repeating quests and Bethesda probably ripped out actual sidequests for this shit.
>>
>>322982289
>>322981902
Fuck you ya autist I actually thought you were baiting. Honestly kid, you called someone a kid in almost all your posts. You don't know how to argue and you cling to your shitty points while they get completely torn down around you, while providing no counterpoint. GG little guy maybe you'd be better off at reddit, I hear they let anyone in. :^)
>>
>>322971749
It has no replay value.
>>
File: fallout3 redux reply counter.png (214KB, 1544x856px) Image search: [Google]
fallout3 redux reply counter.png
214KB, 1544x856px
>>322977227
Don't bother because somebody already took THAT nonsense to task as well.
>>
>>322982850
>Honestly kid, you called someone a kid in almost all your posts.
Only when they were shitposting.
>>
>>322982886
But anon, it has INFINITE quests!
>>
>>322982743
Also you never learn why the Institute was even doing the whole synth infiltration thing.
>>
>>322983213
Keep an eye on the world above and assist in experiment they wished to run.
>>
>>322971749
its fun but ultimately falls short of the hype, especially for a FO game. they should just have beth do the world/gameplay and have obsidian do the rest
>>
Are there any good Fallout 4 quests other than the Cabots and the Silver Shroud?
>>
Fallout 3 would've been good if they had've continued with the narrative complexity, instead it was like: 'Here, you can nuke Megaton, or save it. After that just follow a pretty linear story. We'll give you choices, but, ultimately, the choices will be meaningless.'

The best example is the quest involving Ian West and The Family, you interrogate Ian West and he's all like "I don't even remember but Vance said so." and "I was so lucky Vance showed up when he did." This is the perfect set up for some sort of side story involving a cult that murders the parents of young kids and then recruits the kid by convincing them that they killed their parents because they have a cannibalistic bloodlust. If you had good karma, you would've already been rejected by Jericho, this could've been a way to balance the scales. Overthrow Vance and get Ian West as a recruit. But, nope, the narrative-impacting choice system is over now. You literally only need to go to Meresti station once, and you're done.

There was so much untapped potential.You even have the Meresti Station Security Terminal which gives you the options: Activate Internal Security or Activate Protectron. There could have been a side quest to put it back online, in order to use it against the cult and rescue Ian West. Instead the quest goes like this.

"Oh hi stranger. Should I leave the cult or go?"

"You should go for <reasons>"

"Cool, sounds good. You better let Vance know."

Oh snap, you'll definitely get some resistance from the cult leader, right?

"Hey Vance, I'm taking Ian."

"That's cool. I fully believe Ian should be free to do what he wants. We're completely benevolent, and there's nothing suspect going on around here. Have fun with your narrative blue balls and make sure you buy the expansion."

It's an alright game, but it feels like they put a lot of effort into the first part, and then just rushed the rest of the narrative.
>>
File: 1382201760195.gif (64KB, 300x292px) Image search: [Google]
1382201760195.gif
64KB, 300x292px
>>322977436
How are the evironments and exploration?

What really made the older Bethesda games great was the variety in the sights, scenes, and little villages to explore. Morrowind got this right. Oblivion was samey, but not a complete snore outside of caves. FO3 was retarded with its vast emptiness, copypasta towns, and sewer maze. Mainly, I really want to know if FO4 reverses course on this trend.
>>
>>322982562
I do the BoS radiant quests because they're short and you're guaranteed some good loot. .
>>
Stalker and Fallout series are pretty shit games. Bad/no music, bullet sponge enemies/barely any enemies, bad mouse movement that feels like I have triple debuffering and worst of all the wasteland setting. Whoever thought "WASTELANDS COOL PUT IN ALL GAMES :DDDD" need to kill themselves.
>>
>>322974580
7/10 had to force myself to finish it

Wat
>>
>>322971749
Finished it fully after ~100h, initially i would say its a solid 7/10, but as the hours rolled in i realized how worthwhile content there is in it.
In the end i give it 6/10.

Its hands down the BEST WORST game i ever played, the king of mediocrity.
So in a way its a achievement of its own i guess so create a game so uninspired.
>>
>>322983559
Both Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas took 3-4 years to develop.
In New Vegas we saw what you are talking about. We also saw the catastrophic bugs and the world with, while a lot of good stuff, a lot less to do overall.
Fallout 3 prioritized getting an overall good experience.

Also consider the fact that this was their first iteration in the Fallout series: it would be a bad idea to release a sloppier game.
>>
>>322983853
7/10 better than a average FPS or RPG
Wat
>>
>>322983862
I think I agree with this. I got about a month out of it and tried to be bothered enough to finish it but I didn't.

It was fun for a while.
>>
>>322972054
That's no an achievement.
>>
File: fghfdhgfbn.jpg (101KB, 344x499px) Image search: [Google]
fghfdhgfbn.jpg
101KB, 344x499px
>>322977436
>some outfits and clothes are unusable due to being incompatible with armor pieces and having shit stats
Git gud, I have no issues with surviving and I use the Vault suit with armour pieces. Sink a lot of points into health and stamina perks, and make sure you use upgraded long range weapons like a scoped combat rifle.

Upgrading the rifleman perk has made me nearly invincible unless I'm overwhelmed with enemies. Legendary's go down in about 5-6 shots.

I just wish there were better vanity items so I could change Piper's outfit, the black BOS outfit looks good but I'd have to kill a specific BOS member for it - and I joined the BOS.
>>
>>322984249
just console command the suit in.
>>
>>322984249
I'd played a melee monkey and ran around in Grognaks armor+arm+leg pieces and never had that any trouble.
>>
>>322973043
>Institute tech could have saved humanity
Yeah since what the commonwelth really lack is worthless teleportation technology and slave labor and not a stable government, and education system and developed agriculture.
Synths would only increase the instability of the region by introducing a pressed group that sooner or later would rise against its inferior masters.

Only a retard would join the institute. A doomed faction with every living person on the surface as its enemy. If they wont be wiped out by BOS, by rairload, by the player, by synths, internal conflict then they will by destroyed common people seeking revenge for the crimes they committed.
Whats the point of becoming a part of collapsing empire? It will only take you with it as it burns to the ground.
>>
It's fucking boring.
And it's been hacked to bits to be more friendly to console retards.
Grenade and melee are the same button? Fucking retarded.
Dialogue wheel where you have no idea what you're going to say? Moronic.
In addition to that they retconned so power armour had limited charge so it could only be used sparingly, but then they made fusion cores so common you can play 100% of the game in power armour.
It's painful that what weapons appear is completely dependent on your level; it gives the sense that there's only one or two gun in the entire game.
Base building is deeply flawed and completely pointless.
There's a lot of different places, but they all look the same and because of level scaling you know exactly what loot you're going to get before you get to the loot chest. Why the fuck does every location need to have a loot chest anyways? Shit is stupid.
Weapon mods suck because you need to be a certain level to build them. Why the fuck would I fully upgrade a 10mm pistol when I reach level 30 when assault rifles have started spawning?
Radio is shit. Like ultra shit. Obviously no effort was put in to it. They didn't even choose new songs, they just rehashed old ones, and that DJ is garbage.
I can think of more but I'll stop here
>>
>>322984358
I'm playing on PS4

I have a good PC but for some reason I was getting choppy as fuck framerates in FO4, even though TW3 runs fine.
>>
>>322983864
"An overall good experience".

Once you've played for an hour you've become adjusted to the gameplay, the setting and the aesthetics. Even when you follow the main story and just meet up with Lyon's Pride the first big boss is just a big version of the minions. It's an RPG, hence why they have VATS as a reward for not having an actual skills. People don't play it for skill, they play it for immersion and narrative.

Not only that, but the reason I used the example I did is because it's an example of how and immersive narrative can be implemented without setting back development. Instead of recycling indoor areas like caves and train stations and just making the map 'bigger', they could've easily made every location unique, but had the player stay there longer.
>>
>>322984427
Fallout 4's factions really make you stop and think
>>
File: 1451550079366.jpg (20KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1451550079366.jpg
20KB, 200x200px
>>322974352
>tfw picked up two explosive combat shotguns from loot
>also three double shot combat rifles

Boy, you're fucking retarded if you really believe you need console command for that shit.
>>
>>322984516
>I have a good PC but for some reason I was getting choppy as fuck framerates in FO4, even though TW3 runs fine.
That's because The Witcher 3 was competently built.
Fallout 4 is their worst optimized game ever.
I can run The Witcher 3 at like 20-30 FPS on Medium (on this old 2012 laptop)
Fallout 4 ranges from like 15-20 in the wasteland, to like 5-10 in the city.
>>
>>322984580
>double shot combat rifles
Where'd you find these? I want.
>>
>>322973101
You killed Maxson and wells didn't you?
>>
>>322984452
Dude, power armor is so much better now. it's like wearing a tank, I love the options. And who the hell runs out of fusion cores? You can buy them from the brotherhood, you can find them fucking everywhere, even sentry bots drop 3 at a time.

Fallout 3 power armor was literally just a clothing skin, now that was bullshit.

God forbid we have something powerful and neat.
>>
>>322984703
Just from legendary drops, like any legendary weapon.
>>
>>322984703
You can buy one in the vault that has Curie in it.
Not even that expensive.
>>
>>322984918
I keep getting awful drops from legendaries.
>>
>>322984697
>>322984516
I thought I was the only one any of you fix this shit?
>>
>>322984962
I just get shit drops and really good rifle drops, which blows ass because I maxed out gunslinger.
>>
>>322984827

I like Power Amor a lot more in Fallout 4, but I Really don't like how easy it is to get and seeing raiders in "Raider Power Armor" is just retarded to me.
>>
>>322985029
I tried downloaded one of those texture optimization mods, and though it helped a bit with framerate and micro-stutering, it fucking destroyed my load times.
>>
File: golzius-falling-man.jpg (72KB, 455x461px) Image search: [Google]
golzius-falling-man.jpg
72KB, 455x461px
>>322984427
What's the point of doing any of it? It's a video game.
>>
>>322983864
>Both Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas took 3-4 years to develop
Do you mean together? Because New Vegas had about less than a year to actually be made.
Production started almost immediately after the last DLC in 2009 Mothership Zeta.
>>
>>322985214
Did you upgrade the revolver you get from the dude that killed your wife?
>>
>>322971749
>90% of side quests are radiant and boil down to borderlands tier "go shoot people somewhere" bullshit.
>the non-radiant side-quests aren't interesting at all and usually also devolve into a shooting gallery at some point.
>The world is boring to explore. There are almost no friendly settlements to be found apart from the player built ones. 90% of the locations are boring dungeons where you just shoot things.
>What's in Diamond City is good, but there are way too few quests there. It should have been much bigger especially considering that it's the only city in fallout 4.
>Having a voiced protagonist with a backstory in an open world bethesda title is one of the worst ideas of last year.
>Dialogue wheel
>Main quest is copy-pasta Fallout 3 until you get to the institute (then it gets pretty good)
>Glowing Sea is the most interesting place in the game but it's tiny as shit.
>Half the map is ocean and it's all empty.
It's just baffling how unambitious this title feels compared to Skyrim. The environments are beautiful and the attention to detail is astounding but the content within feels so copy/pasted in comparison to previous bethesda games.

Maybe it was mostly made by a part of the team and the other guys are busy developing a new engine for elder scrolls? One can hope.
>>
>>322974580
I would say 'Very Good' is at least an 8/10..
>>
>>322985839
Speaking of the Glowing Sea, is there actually anything of worth in that pyramid structure?
I was so excited to see what was inside only to find a few ghouls and nukes stacked about.
>>
>>322985660
>Missing the point this hard
Might as well kill yourself because there's no point in life, especially with how stupid you are.
>>
>>322985598
Thanks nigga
>>
>>322985667
Of course.
>>
>>322986136
Your ass-burgers are showing.
>>
File: 1452036141834.gif (176KB, 333x286px) Image search: [Google]
1452036141834.gif
176KB, 333x286px
>>322971749
>ruined melees combat
>skyrim slow swings which fuck you since everyone has a gun
>an enemy with a melee weapon is rare which doesnt make sense in a post apocalypse
>Actually is Skyrim with guns
>you get power armor right off the bat
>deathclaw right off the bat that is purposelly weakened
>make the minutemen so tenous to do that you skip them, missing the best neutral ending
>Brotherhood under Maxson are now Zealot Nazis (Lyon a best)
>The Institute wants to kill everyone because muh servants and muh potential danger
>Railroad kills everyone because muh dangerous evolving technology even though theyre harboring sentient AI
>Radiation has no other effect except taking max health away, making it tenuous
>EVERYTHING GIVES YOU RADIATION
>so much potential for the Children of Atom/Glowing Sea but its like they rushed through it and theyre just there for furthering the plot direction
JUST
>>
>>322984427
This, there is even a mission where a part of the Institute blockades itself in the Bio lab because they dont like you being the boss. Its going to go under some time soon especially with people on the inside setting Synths free.

Until you execute him.
>>
>>322971749
I always go back to it now and again. Fun game.
>>
>>322988569
>people
one person

>blockade
They didn't like YOU. That doesn't mean everything will collapse.

You. A stranger to them walks in and in days is made the leader in a move that looks emotional and nepotistic.
>>
I'm trying to force myself to finish the game but it's no use, this game just feels so dull. It should feel incredible exploring this vast land of madness but I just don't understand how a world so big can feel so damn empty.
>>
File: 2.webm (1MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
2.webm
1MB, 960x540px
>>322971749
the memes
>>
File: 1449172012563.jpg (46KB, 540x438px) Image search: [Google]
1449172012563.jpg
46KB, 540x438px
>>322988291
You forgot to mention in your melee rant
>added an extra button for power attacks
>don't bother adding anything else when holding the normal attack button

and
>getting into melee range just makes enemies bash you with their gun
>their bashes always stagger you
>you can only get one hit in before they can bash and stagger you again
>>
File: 1408877617945.png (387KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1408877617945.png
387KB, 500x375px
>>322989901
>Full power armor
>Dude pistol whips you
>Staggered

Ayy fuck you Bethesda.
Thread posts: 232
Thread images: 27

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.