[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have a question

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

File: bloodborne.jpg (32KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
bloodborne.jpg
32KB, 460x215px
I have a question.
I have seen people memeing about dark souls for awhile now and always thought the game looked boring and was basically a walking artifically difficult meme.

There's a question here somewhere,
Constantly in the past I played "boring" games that I had seen on /v/ (I thought they looked boring because of videos I had seen on /v/) and they weren't boring and had a whole dimension that autistic af /v/ never even talked about (this has happened many times)

Here's my question...
Anyway, so I have about 900 games on my backlog and I thought it would be a good idea to add another one.

Question incoming;
So I thought "hey, why not at least TRY dark souls'. I thought it might be a good idea.

Should I get bloodborne?
>>
No, Dark Souls, because arguably it has roughly equal gameplay but the deeper story, though not to say BB's isn't good, that will challenge you to investigate and delve into it to figure it out, and will haunt you the more you know.

Also, /v/, for whatever reason, literally is autist in that it hates anything popular, with few exceptions. Never forget that.
>>
>>322970395
Yee id do it if I were you. Well I did do it and I'm lovin itâ„¢. I've never played a souls game before bloodborne and I'm really enjoying this game. The general opinion towards bloodborne is pretty positive on /v/ which is really uncommon so you can't go wrong. And the lore is so much fun to get into, it's like a whole other adventure figuring out that shit. Tldr:get it faggot
>>
>>322971301
I have heard that the controls are wonky and you almost need a controller if you want to play it. Is this true? On PC I mean.
>>
I wish we would get over calling everything memes.
>>
>>322973218
>it literally is a meme
>>
>>322971798
>lore is so much fun to get into, it's like a whole other adventure figuring out that shit
why does /v/ never talk about this?
>>
>>322970395
I was like you and had it sitting in my library for a good long while. Gave it a try the other week. Once you get past the wall of being a complete shitter and being terrified of everything it starts to get pretty decent. But it is not for everyone, and the game can be unfairly cruel at times, but that arguably part of its charm. It will test your tolerance for bullshit, but also drive you to beat it out of spite.

>>322972678
Yes use a controller. It is playable with KB&M but not as easily as a controller.
>>
Why do you write like a little bitch?

Stay away from the game.
>>
>>322974074
>Not telling him to git gud at writing
>>
>>322973696
>tolerance for bullshit
When I played skyrim I played it on the hardest difficulty (master or something) and for whatever reason it was extremely difficult. By far the most difficult game I've ever played. I know what your say "git gud scrub skyrim isnt hard". And actually I agree. Most of the game wasn't hard at all. I beat alduin on my first try. It was only select parts of the game that were that difficult. Specifically, I remember one instance in a cave fighting those goblin things (cant remember their names) and the mega ass destroyer version of those guys came and utterly reked my shit. I was savespamming hard but no matter what I couldn't beat them. I was really high level but they could ohk me almost every time. It took me maybe an hour but I eventually got under a bridge and shot every arrow I had at the motherfuckers. I killed them that way. That stupid cunt lydia got ohk almost immediately lol but shes invincible so it wasn't much of a big deal. Anyway, my point is that I think I can hand it. This is my anecdotal evidence that indicates I wouldn't have a problem trying and retrying hard shit until I beat it.

Anyone else have any similar experiences?
>>
>>322974074
>meming this hard
>>
>>322973528
They do. A fuckton actually. Just about every thread about bb gets derailed into lore. sometimes it's cool but it can get annoying. Just yesterday there were these two fags sperging out on whether rom is a girl or not.
>>
>>322975270
>wanting such autistic tryhards playing memegame even more

Fuck no.
>>
>>322975496
Huh, I guess I must not recognize when people are talking about details like that. And I don't go into generals that I don't play. It's kind of like before I had played undertale. I had heard a lot about boring things like what order to do puzzles in, but never about things that were interesting. It was only after I played it (great game btw) that I started recognizing the the discussion of possible undiscovered endings and other interesting details. /v/ kind of made undertale look boring.
>>
>>322974628
Well to be fair here Skyrim at that difficulty would be hard because Bethesda can't balance for shit. So the difficulty is artificial because they didn't intend it. And your workarounds tend to just be to get better gear and/or learn to cheese it.

Where as DS is hard because it was intentionally designed to be unfair in many logical senses. Like bigger things wrecking your shit because of their size, and getting fucked over by confined spaces so you can't dodge effectively. But you can learn ways around that and git gud which is part of the intent I assume. Not saying you can't cheese it in DS, but it isn't your only viable option for the most part.
>>
>>322972678
Anon here that you were responding to.

People complain about not being able to play any of the Dark Souls without a controller, but I play perfectly fine and competitively in multi with a keyboard. It's all about configuring the default key mappings into the pattern that fits you best, but most people just lazily opt for a controller imho. A friend of mine actually plays the default controls on pc and he's fine with them.
>>
>>322977141
>>322972678
I'm assuming you already have a ps4 controller for bloodborne so you could just use that if you wanted. And if you don't have ps4 yet then buying a controller for DS would be less than a ps4 so it wouldn't be much of a problem
>>
>>322977141
That's really good to hear because I wouldn't actually have bought a controller lol. And I'm ok with remapping the controls. I did it just last week when I played ac1. The default controls are such shit in the port. The game was fun too.
>>
>>322978081
>>322978109
lol
>>
>>322970395
>Constantly in the past I played "boring" games that I had seen on /v/ (I thought they looked boring because of videos I had seen on /v/) and they weren't boring and had a whole dimension that autistic af /v/ never even talked about (this has happened many times)

Like what game?
>>
>>322978516
like >>322976716 undertale. But like I said in that post it probably is just my perception. Another game was Fez. I hadn't actually seen anyone discussing it in any meaningful way even though (I learned after I played it..) that it is an excellent game. Everything I saw was people talking about the developers.
>>
Holy shit OP go back to English class
>>
File: Answer_to_Life.png (52KB, 322x196px) Image search: [Google]
Answer_to_Life.png
52KB, 322x196px
The answer is 42, but what is the question?
>>
>>322978895
>trying to think of something funny but simultaneously mimetic and "I really don't care much"ish to both make people laugh and tell them that the op is just an attention grabber
>but I forgot I don't care and would rather make an even more mimetic and "I really don't care much"ish post without any comedic value
>... I say trying to include comedic value in my post
>>
>>322970395

>Hey I think I should try Dark souls
>should I get bloodborne.

I mean they're practically the same game but why the random choice?
>>
>>322970395
I've beaten each souls game and BB quite a few times and all I can say is I hate them a lot sometimes, but they are the most addicting thing being an adult whose favorite games growing up were 3D Zeldas. It's adult Zelda with multiplayer and a more subtle and intriguing story.
>>
>>322979749
Because I am a shitposter and I can't have a reasonable discussion without shitposting. Even now I am shitposting.

>>322979865
>It's adult Zelda
Honestly this makes me want to play it the most out of anything in this thread.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.