[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Monster Raising Games General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: dwm2gbc_packin_poster[1].jpg (2MB, 3000x2137px) Image search: [Google]
dwm2gbc_packin_poster[1].jpg
2MB, 3000x2137px
What are some good Monster Raising Games, /v/? Preferably something I can emulate.

Started playing through Digimon World Dawn, what am I in for? Also is DQM or DQM2 worth getting into if I've never played Dragon Quest?

Pic related
>>
>>322969607
I can vouch for DQM. It's pretty excellent.
The original gameboy games have a fascinating breeding system where specific monster may take generations of breeding to get.
The newer DS games do things a bit differently though.
>>
>>322970119
Couple that with the skills monsters carry when being levelled up means you can create three insanely overpowered monsters my endgame.
>>
>>322969607
>DQM or DQM2
Pretty much the same game, though the DS games are where it's really at.

Also stay away from the GBA DQM, as it is not a true DQM game.
>>
>>322970491
I still remember checking what new monsters I could create, and ????????? showed up, and the breeder said "a great monster will be born." One of my favorite gaming memories, if that makes any sense.

Definitely get DQM2 OP
>>
>>322971504
>>322970119
>>322971051
so i can just skip the originals and go straight to dqm2 or is dqm1 the superior version?
>>
>>322972650
>dqm2 or is dqm1 the superior version?
DQM is just straight up
>go to lvl x zone
>get to the end
>fight the boss (who may or may not join your party)
>rinse, repeat
>beat the game
>unlock the end game
>nothing to do but the breed all the monsters

Its a very simple formula. DQM2 has some quests to do when you're inside of a zone in order to get out besides just wandering around to find the boss, kill it, and then go back to the hub. It's not as simple as the first game.

But they are mostly the same two games, really. Same systems, monsters, reused assets, everything
>>
>>322972650
I played DQM2 on GBC as a kid, never touched the first 1, barely played any other Dragon Quests, either, and I poured a ton of hours into it. You can skip the first one in my opinion
>>
>>322972650
Pretty much all the games are great. Though scouting in the DS games is much easier than the originals where you had to take a fuckload of sirlions around and cross your fingers that the fucking metabble is going to join your party so you can eventually get that goldslime.
>tfw no translation of the 3DS remakes

Life is suffering.
>>
>>322972984
how much superior is joker
>>
Are there any games where I can train the monsters to fuck me?
>>
>>322973290
Incomparable. It's a Game Boy (not even Game Boy Advance) vs a DS game.
>>
Monster Rancher is the shit. 2 in particular is my favorite.
>>
File: b86[1].jpg (28KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
b86[1].jpg
28KB, 540x540px
>>322973504
Monster Hunter
>>
>>322973570
The only thing I hate about the game is the tug-of-war battle system. It can really fuck you over until you get the right skills. (Or some actual skills in the first place)
>>
>>322973817
I still wish egg gathering missions can give me a baby monster. One that runs or flies around the village where you can pet it. Like poogie but with a Zinogre.

Anyways Dragon Quest Monsters 1 and 2 is a fucking amazing game. I fucking hate how we never got the remakes because of SE fucking us over with DQ. Guess the only way to hope for it is if DQ7 and 8 does well enough that they will agree to give us the other 3DS games.
>>
File: Monhun Stories.webm (3MB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
Monhun Stories.webm
3MB, 400x240px
>>322975305
They're making that into a game, sort of.
>>
>>322975564
Is that a game based on the anime?
Can we actually get it?

I don't know if we will see Diary but I know we will get X. Capcom and Nintendo are both seem to be happy with how MH is doing over here.
>>
>>322972650
>>322973046
I 2nd this anon, play DQM2 skip the first, it doesnt relate too much. I got the hardest monster to get in DQM2, and completed the hidden world that you can only play if you have both Cobi and Tara games... probably my most played game.
>>
>>322975947
It's a new spin-off, that's getting its own anime this year.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.