[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I played Souls 1 and loved it. I'm playing this now and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 113
Thread images: 15

File: sotfs.jpg (79KB, 970x545px) Image search: [Google]
sotfs.jpg
79KB, 970x545px
I played Souls 1 and loved it. I'm playing this now and it's trying its damndest to stop me from enjoying it. I think the enemies despawning is what's bothering me most. The combat also feels "loose", though I will admit the backstab animations in this one are satisfying as hell.

The enemy spawns are also kind of annoying in some areas, like near the beginning where the dudes in white start attacking you after you kill the first boss. I actually had to start my game over so that I could effectively farm the giant armors.

Is there an area that it picks up in? I just finished up with the wharf and am exploring the land of the fallen giants now.
>>
>enemies despawning

git gud or stop grinding faggot
>>
>>322966739
>Is there an area that it picks up in?
In a nutshell; no.

Long version, no because the guy who made Dak Souls what it was left to work on Bloodboner instead, so forget about getting that DaS feel back.

I dont know about Das3, i'll probably wait a year after it launches to see if it's worth my time.
>>
>enemies despawning
Huh?
>>
you went to the wharf before fallen giants?

bold strategy
>>
>>322968850
if you're a massive scrub who farms the enemies despawn after you kill them ~12 times

though in ng+ or using a bonfire aesthetic, you can respawn them (and other stuff)
>>
>>322968162
>hurr durr gotta use an ascetic and go to NG+ because the RNG didn't give you the item you wanted

At least they changed it so the covenant of champions prevents despawning now. Despawning was a mistake.
>>
>>322969061

Doesn't being in the Covenant of Champions prevent despawns now?
>>
>>322966739
the last dlc is good
>>
File: Dead Zones.webm (3MB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
Dead Zones.webm
3MB, 800x450px
It doesn't get better.
>>
>>322970625
That's pretty impressive, tbqh. Too bad it doesn't help with how slippery and loose DaS2's control is.

I get that they had a new engine and they were also trying to make things different instead of being a mega-man-style rehash, but they seriously fucked up the tight controls of DaS/DeS that nobody really talked about, but everyone took for granted.
>>
>>322971079
Yeah, it really makes you appreciate the other games. Thank god Bloodborne was the detox I needed after that.
>>
>>322966739

I don't think I've ever had an enemy despawn. You must really suck, OP.

Dark Souls 2 = Dark Souls 1
>>
>>322971294
Yeah, bloodborne looks pretty good. Still not enough to warrant me buying a PS4, but maybe some day I'll get around to playing it.

Hoping DaS3 learned from the mistakes of DaS2. And in some ways, it looks like they are. But you never know. They could fix everything we're focusing on and then break stuff we weren't even thinking about previously. Like how DaS2 looked awesome to everyone pre-launch and then we all played it. I'm cautiously optimistic for that one.
>>
So basically I just have to wait and see how DS3 turns out
>>
>>322966739
>Is there an area that it picks up in?
Yes and no. The first half of the game is by far the biggest drag and you've gotta push yourself to get through it, but once you get to Drangleic it stops feeling like a gigantic slog. In many ways its the opposite of Dark Souls.
>>
>>322971559
If you try and beat the Ancient Dragon you'll despawn every enemy in the area.
>>
>>322972096
I feel that because they went for a 4-path branching first half of the game, they had to sacrifice on pacing and difficulty curve. The first four paths can be completed (are intended to be completed) in basically any order. That means they didn't really make any one harder than the others.

I mean, sure, Dark Souls had many different paths and ways you could go about the game, but the first part of the game wasn't set up in strict linear paths of progression (it was intertwined) and there were CLEARLY certain ways that you were supposed to go. In DaS2, only thing I can think of that you were "supposed" to do in a particular order was the forest of fallen giants. After that, go whatever way you want and have fun.
>>
File: mace faggot.jpg (32KB, 468x264px) Image search: [Google]
mace faggot.jpg
32KB, 468x264px
>>322972348
Probably the only time I was okay with despawning.
Fuck this guy
>>
>>322966739
The thing with both games is that I really started to like them after I reached level 75 or so. After I reached Anor Londo/Iron Keep it was pretty amazing.
>>
Dark Souls 2 level design is just shit. Most of it feels incredibly flat and when it gets good there is hardly any of it. There was so much potential going into the well but it was just a massive black cave with wooden walk ways and then the Black Gulch which could have been cool but ended up as just two rooms then it was over. Even shit like Heide's Tower of Flame, which is neat looking, ends in like 5 minutes.
>>
File: Capture.png (13KB, 497x255px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
13KB, 497x255px
>>322969061
>aesthetic
stop
>>
>>322974983

Yeah I agree, they should have focused on making more great areas rather than just have a bunch of small mediocre levels scattered everywhere.
>>
>>322974983
i thought the drops below the black gulch, and everything to do with darkdiver granddahl and the pilgrims, was fucking radical and spooky as FUCK.
>>
>>322966739
>I think the enemies despawning is what's bothering me most.
what?
>>
File: 800.png (10KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
800.png
10KB, 300x300px
>>322976326
Read the goddamn thread, jesus christ
>>
>>322977403
Make me faggot.
>>
>>322970625
is he trying to turn slowly there without the character making a sudden turn?
>>
>>322979484
You see how the DaS2 character is walking in a square? You can't turn directly and walk inside of that square, the controls just aren't precise enough. Contrast that with Dark Souls where the character can even spin place.
>>
>>322979996
so you can't do a direct 180 turn? you have to go through the "sideways" animation before turning fully? is that hte problem? I'm playing 2 right now and I haven't encountered much problem with my movement, I could have just got used to it though, been a very long time sicne I touched DaS1
>>
>>322980403
Yeah, that's pretty much it. It just feels like you're fighting the controls compared to DS1.
>>
>>322974983
Compared to the amazing "level design" in DS1? What area in DS1 was good "level design"?

Let's see, there were some sewer pipes, the linear town with no houses, T-Rex lava lake, a bunch of wood platforms on top of sewage, uh... that library? I dunno, man. Neither of the Dark Souls games have anything to be proud of in terms of "level design". Demon's Souls, sure. Bloodborne, absolutely (inb4 too easy). DS games are more gameplay oriented and they both deliver. 2 more than the first in my opinion.
>>
>>322980765
Not gonna argue with your points, just wanna let you know, you're retarded.
>>
>>322966739
>he died enough times to despawn enemies
Holy kek
>>
File: dark_souls_ii_boss_fail.jpg (37KB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
dark_souls_ii_boss_fail.jpg
37KB, 400x225px
>>322966739
DnS
>atmosphere
>visuals
>first in, nest dressed

DkS
>gameplay
>atmosphere (for most part)
>customisation
>boss fights

DkS2
>frame rate

BB
>casul hack n' slash souls for sonygger tots
>>
>>322966739
>Farming
>Dudes in white. First boss.
>Despawning enemies bad
>Farming

Farming is something you do after you've beaten the game.
>>
>>322981951
There's no rule in place saying that. You Souls people are weird with your "well, you're supposed to play the game this way to be properly challenged and blah blah blah". Being and action game and being a level based RPG run counter to each other.
>>
File: 1417841082205.gif (27KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1417841082205.gif
27KB, 200x200px
In DaS1 I never felt compelled to use any blitz builds or BS tactics to nuke shit down because you could just learn enemy movesets and git fucking good.

In DaS2 I had to carry Pyromancies and have multiple enchanted weapons on me to help deal with the constant groups of bullshit thrown in your face.

As much as I hate to admit it, as I'm not proud of it, I actually lost my fucking mind and threw a tantrum on the Belfry Gargoyles because of just how fucking horseshit the fight is solo.

Hadn't had a tantrum since I was like, 8 years old. Started ranting and raving and throwing a damn fit over how fucking terrible DaS2's design choices were.
>>
>>322981921

>BB
>casul hack n' slash souls for sonygger tots
>BB
>casul

Someone didn't play BB.

It's actually harder than DaS/DeS because you're forced to learn to dodge and parry due to there being almost no shields.
>>
>>322981689
Are you dumb or something? Enemies despawn after being killed a million times, not the other way around.
>>
>>322983013
It's pretty dang easy to dodge to safety though, your mobility isn't even comparable to the Souls games. I think Bloodborne is probably the easiest to complete, while also having the hardest optional content.
>>
>>322981564
>I have no argument, but I will call YOU a retard.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qF5kybyjOx8

That's pretty good.
>>
>Want Shadow set for fashion
>Only dropped by enemies that only appear in one boss fight
It's a good thing Bonfire ascetics are common otherwise I wouldn't have bothered.
>>
>>322982889
>"Hey we need a new boss. Any ideas?"
>"You now the Bell Gargoyles?
>"Ya?"
>"Lets give a couple more moves and aoe attacks and throw 6 of them at the player"
>"Fucking genus! Let me finish putting this rat skin on this Sif model.

I still really liked DS2 even if I had to put up with alot of bullshit.Otherwise I wouldn't have 400 hours in the game.
>>
>>322983013
>it's actually harder than DaS/DeS because you're forced to learn to dodge and parry

... You had to do those things already in Des/DaS and you didn't have the luxuries of auto HP regen when near death nor assloads of stamina with insane recovery that starts mid swing to save your ass.
>>
File: Saltfort Bonfire.jpg (19KB, 420x227px) Image search: [Google]
Saltfort Bonfire.jpg
19KB, 420x227px
>>322966739
>despawning enemies
agreed this is the second worst thing about the game, getting tying it to rare drops is the worst decision ever. It's like B team learned nothing from what was patched in Dark Souls 1.

Thankfully, Scholars sort of fixes this. Really rare drops (like warlock mask) can be found in chests, and joining Covenant of Champions stop despawning so you can farm away (mostly farm the gyrm fuckers for early chunks).

I'd say it picks up at the Bastille but then it drops off because of what I consider to be the most important bad thing about the game: shit level design. I hope you like straight linear paths and corridors you fucker. I hope you like this big expansive mansion being literally a straight corridor you fucker. I hope you like respawning enemies next to killable NPC vendors you fucker. I hope you like finding a bonfire then opening a shortcut to the previous fucking bonfire you fucker. I fucking hope you like these fucking enemies that spawn next to the cocksucking bonfire you unclefucker.

The DLC areas are really really good though
>>
File: 1279760386803.jpg (91KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
1279760386803.jpg
91KB, 640x427px
>>322983697
>bell gargoyles
>6
>>
File: 1449673583918.jpg (118KB, 505x719px) Image search: [Google]
1449673583918.jpg
118KB, 505x719px
>>322966739
>He didn't join Covenant of Champions right off
I understand the game is really fucking stupid with explaining what covenants actually do, but come on man.
>>
>>322969406
Oh shit. Is this true
>>
>>322984158
>hope you like finding a bonfire then opening a shortcut to the previous fucking bonfire you fucker
how is this bad though?
>>
>>322966739

You are super late

Dark Souls 2 is shit, don't let the faggot normies tell you different.
>>
>>322983231
>I think Bloodborne is probably the easiest to complete, while also having the hardest optional content.
This essentially. I think there's like 8 bosses you absolutely HAVE to beat. Optional bosses are some of the best in the series though.
>>
>>322984170
http://darksouls2.wiki.fextralife.com/Belfry+Gargoyle
Belfry Gargoyles are based off of the Bell Gargoyles off of 1. (might even use the same model). There're 2 in the DS1 boss fight. In DS2 they're can be up to 6.
>>
>>322984293
There's a grill at the gym I go to who looks just like this. It's amazing.
>>
>>322984445
YOU CAN TELEPORT AT ALL BONFIRES TO ANY OTHER BONFIRE

You get the first bonfire of an area, then you go clear out the spooky house full of hollows. You go down a ladder and get to the second bonfire, then kick down a tree so you can just walk in a straight line between the two bonfires bypassing the house.

Walk between two bonfires THAT YOU CAN TELEPORT BETWEEN FOR FREE

WHY HAVE THE SHORTCUT AT ALL?

The answer is apparently because the game changed a lot during development to a different style with more bonfires and having them all linked, which explains a lot regarding the later areas like Aldia's Keep being a fucking straight corridor. Demon's Souls was level based and even that game was less linear and had more to explore than this shit.
>>
>>322984676
Weird. Never seen more than 3. With all the people playing on Steam, I always forget how bad /v/ is.
>>
>>322984445
Defeats the purpose of there being a new bonfire in the first place. I'm not sure how true that is given that I haven't played DkS2 in a while but it's pretty annoying nonetheless.
>>
>>322984864
You could do the same in the original. Just saying.
>>
>>322985148
During the game's second half when it gets to large to be connected.
>>
>>322984864
you get loading screens and reset enemies when you use a bonfire, dumbass
>>
>>322985027
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvurDWo1qZ0
5:16
http://darksouls2.wikidot.com/belfry-gargoyles

The minimum is 5. The max is 6 if you're taking to long. You must be thinking of the Bell Gargoyles from DS1 but there's only 2.
>>
>>322966739
Enemies don't respawn if you're in covenant of champions

Get the Agape Ring

Boom, two of the biggest problems with DaS2 fixed.
>>
>>322985148
No, in the original you could only teleport to a few select bonfires. Undead Burg, for example, couldn't be teleported to--you had to walk either from Firelink or from Sunlight Altar.
>>
>>322979996
I'd actually prefer it if my character doesn't spin like some kind of clockwork figure. Makes for much more realistic movement animations.
>>
>>322984864
Which area? I'm pretty sure all bonfires have a moderate distance between them.
>>
>>322985616
Nope. I literally just did that part last week sometime. There were only 3.
>>
>>322983017
The point is that you died enough after fighting through the level to despawn enemies.
>>
>>322985573
Did you read my post? Did you even play the fucking game? The only thing you're skipping is one house of enemies, if you're using the shortcut it won't matter if they reset or not, and if you're backtracking then there's no reason to have two bonfires. The two bonfires AND the shortcut that is RIGHT NEXT TO the second bonfire are completely redundant and more than being an actual problem, are indicative of the design changes that happened during development and why people go "fucking B team", it's just one notable thing that explains all the other actual problematic design choices like the small linear levels late in the game which contrast with the early good levels like FotFG and the Bastille.

>>322985148
You could only teleport to a small handful of the game's bonfires, so the shortcuts were justified. Why do people like to talk shit about games they've never played?

>>322986584
First two bonfires in Huntsman's Copse, you can kick down the tree next to the second one to bypass the enemy house. From there it just becomes literally a straight line between the two bonfires with naught but the weak unarmed hollows and like one poison butterfly you can walk past.
>>
>>322986956
Finally found a wiki that said 3. Seems theirs no consistency between wikis. How did you do it? I had trouble since I was just poking them with a rapier behind a great shield. Not doubting you I'm just thinking about trying it new shit on my next run.
>>
>>322972956
How do you even beat him in melee without taking a hit and healing
>>
>>322966739
It's doable, I just finished that fight with a +8 longsword at 16/9. Then again I always have an easy time with the "bullshit" bosses (except the rats, fuck the rats.)
>>
>>322987924
The second bonfire you mentioned is the FIRST bonfire for the Huntsmen copse.
Each area need to have its starting bonfire for teleportation and area acknowledgement.
The first bonfire you mentioned were outside of the area. Not to mention that you have go through quite a lot to unlock the supposedly shortcut.

The only thing that is wrong here is not the bonfire location, rather the existence of the shortcut.

Also, you keep bitching about 'lol close bonfire' but seriously, its fucking nothing to cry about.
>>
>>322990437 (You)
>>322982889

>>322989126
I always ran up the stairs to his right. From there you can either hit him once, retreat and repeat or you can just skip the bastard.
>>
>>322966739
It goes downhill.

I think everything up to Iron Keep is nice.

Everything leading to Freja is nothing but rage inducing and retarded.

The Rotten just sucks.

Up to Lost Sinner is okay I guess.

Everything else after just flat out sucks

Also the DLC is god awful, just skip it it's fucking useless anyways.

PVP is better though
>>
>>322990872
>Everything else after just flat out sucks
>drangleic
>shrine of amana
>undead crypt
>dragon aerie
>giant memores

>Also the DLC is god awful, just skip it it's fucking useless anyways.

OPINIONS
P
I
N
I
O
N
S
>>
File: durrr.png (808KB, 860x582px) Image search: [Google]
durrr.png
808KB, 860x582px
>>322990494
>The second bonfire you mentioned is the FIRST bonfire for the Huntsmen copse.
??? Pic related? Don't gimme shit about PvP zoning, there isn't actually that much area between the first two bonfires.

>Each area need to have its starting bonfire for teleportation and area acknowledgement.
Yes, so you don't need the second one once you kick down the tree

>The first bonfire you mentioned were outside of the area. Not to mention that you have go through quite a lot to unlock the supposedly shortcut.
And once you unlock the shortcut you completely bypass the "go through quite a lot", meaning you don't need both

>The only thing that is wrong here is not the bonfire location, rather the existence of the shortcut.
No, the only thing wrong is that there's both. If it had EITHER the bonfire OR the shortcut it would be fine. IN FACT! MOVE THE FUCKING BONFIRE TO CLOSER TO THE CHARIOT! Not outside the boss room, just like closer to where it is, as it stand the runback is a fucking pain and the redundant bonfire is a slap in the fucking face.

>Also, you keep bitching about 'lol close bonfire' but seriously, its fucking nothing to cry about.
>Horf dorf I don't read posts but yet I must reply
My grammar was spotty, yes, but in my post I said the problem is more how it feels. It feels lazy. It feels slapdash. It feels like they made a sloppy last-minute design change and never properly smoothed it over, and some of the interviews which I cbf to find seem to indicate something like that happens. It's symbolic of the bigger problems with the level design. How FotFG/the Bastille/most of Huntsman's Copse actually have decent level design with shortcuts and looping back areas, then immediately after those areas almost everything is a linear path with small side paths that mostly dead-end.
>>
>>322966739
You went in the wrong direction you gigantic faggot
>>
How the fuck do I beat Fume Knight?

I'm using rapier +10, SL120, and can't get him, everytime he pulls out his big sword he rapes me
>>
>>322990872
I disagree about the DLC but I agree with everything else. The level designs are fine up to about Iron Keep but then

>>322991208
>drangleic
>shrine of amana
>undead crypt
>dragon aerie
>giant memores
These areas all sucked. They looked nice but they were so small and mostly consisted of linear paths that hit dead ends, then you go back and take a new path that hits a dead end. There's fewer shortcuts and fewer side areas, nothing intersects in interesting ways like how the early areas were interconnected at different locations. Aldia's Keep was the pinnacle of crushing disappointment, when you light it up and just see it's a fucking corridor and the doors that come off the side are just single rooms with nothing much. Fucking christ.
>>
>>322985979
>Undead Burg, for example, couldn't be teleported to--you had to walk either from Firelink or from Sunlight Altar

Wat?
>>
File: shitty hitboxes 2.webm (3MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
shitty hitboxes 2.webm
3MB, 960x540px
>>322989126
by gitting gud
>>
>>322993330
roll nigga. he's all about rolling.

his second phase is easier because his large telegraphed swing can be rolled through and gives you like an hour to wail into his back
>>
>>322966739
the DLCs are decent, that's it. Just do what it takes to get into them and treat them as the 'real' game.
>>
>>322969061
>bonfire aesthetic
https://youtu.be/yQzNZR-LXZc
>>
File: 1446525157844.jpg (30KB, 600x374px) Image search: [Google]
1446525157844.jpg
30KB, 600x374px
>>322990872
>Also the DLC is god awful, just skip it it's fucking useless anyways.
>>
>>322984030
>auto hp recovery near death
? What like 2 health per 5 seconds with a rune?

Your stamina recovery is matched by the speed of most bosses, and especially the optional ones.

You also can't sit there and regain everything by R1ing a boss to death in normal situations. If you are overleveled you can just do that though.
>>
>>322988081
when you get one below a certain health threshold another one will spawn. So you just have to not finish off anything and you'll get 6.
>>
>>322988081
My build was/is dex. At that point in the game I was still using an upgraded falchion and some light shield. Very little armor too. I had summoned some NPC for the fight and I remember getting pissed because the 3 gargoyles ganged up on him and and killed him which left me alone with 3 gargoyles with double HP. Once they go into fire breathing mode, the fight is pretty much over and all 3 were in fire mode. That shit never hits you and they stay wide open to attack during it. You can also use that time to heal yourself or buff your weapon since it takes them like 3 years to recover.
>>
>enemies despawning is what's bothering me most
I went through the entire game without this happening. If I didn't know about it in advance I would never have known at all. It's an unarguably bad feature, but why do you need to go through an area that many times?
>>
>>322986169
It also makes for shit gameplay.
>>
>>322966739
>Despawning enemies
git gud
>>
The absolute worst thing about Dark Souls 2 is the constant ways it tries to cheap kill you. Through it's extreme fall damage, the constant enemy ambushses, throwing 10 enemies in a small area, or in SotFS where they added OP as fuck npc invaders. The game isn't remotely difficult, but it feels cheap.

Gargoyles! But now you fight 4 from the start instead of 2, because we completely missed the reason why the ones in DS1 were awesome.

Follwed by capra demons room, but now with 10 dogs instead of 2! Yay

Everything in the Dragon Aerie holy fuck that place is awful outside of it's visuals.
>>
File: 1449245354931.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1449245354931.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>322989126
By gittin gud, essentially.
>>
>>322996489
>But now you fight 4 from the start instead of 2,
They also all do significantly less damage, have shitty movesets, and you now have infinite life gems to draw out the fight for as long as you want.
>>
I was never a Dark Souls 2 apologist, but I did enjoy it.

My biggest grievance was the horrible final fight against Nashandra or whatever.

So when I bought Scholar of the First Sin during the recent Steam sale to play through it again, you could probably guess how fucking annoyed I was after I beat Nashandra.

What stupid gook cunt thought it was a good idea to put an even shittier boss after what already was the shittiest boss in the vanilla?

Fucking appalling, honestly.
>>
>>322996890
>Nashandra fight
>holy shit, she builds up massive curse just by being near her, I've gotta get in and out quick, not get caught and-
>oh, it's just the orbs she never stays inside
>>
>>322995917
> but why do you need to go through an area that many times?
Because I like exploring shit thoroughly. For most enemies, it isn't happen, but by the end the the game the Forest of Giants became more lonely.
>>
>>322996529
>gittin gud
>using a greatsword
What a meme
>>
>>322996890
>What stupid gook cunt thought it was a good idea to put an even shittier boss after what already was the shittiest boss in the vanilla?
It's a thematic fight, just like Gwyn.
>>
>>322997004
I know, when I realised that it was a fucking trip. Even if that wasn't the case, she takes so much damage from projectiles anyway.
>>
>>322997172
It's an ultra greatsword you fucken newb

Don't dis it pls. Not my webm but it got me through DaS and DS2
>>
>>322997172
UGS are one of the shittiest weapon classes in DaS2 though.
>>
>>322997352
So shitty it leisurely OHKOs most enemies, I know.

>>322997190
No it's not. You could aggressively fight Gwyn. Nashandra and le fireplace face just draw it out for as long as they possibly can by being tanky and having the ability to make sure melee users can suck mad dick.

Magic in general just seems to be favored way too much in DaS2.
>>
File: Good luck OP.jpg (794KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Good luck OP.jpg
794KB, 1920x1080px
>>322997352
uh what? UGSs are fucking fantastic in DS2.
>>
>>322997609
>No it's not. You could aggressively fight Gwyn
Gwyn was a shit fight, m8. You can parry literally everything he does and if you have a fire enchanted silver/great shield, you could basically tank his shit for days.

>Actually having a problem with Aldia
lolno he's piss easy, just like Gwyn. The only difference is that he takes longer to kill.
>>
>>322997352
It is if you don't take the time to learn them. They make PVE a breeze due to doing ludicrous single hit damage, with great reach, high poisebreak etc.

>>322997609
Nashandra you pop a radiant lifegem which helps counter the constant HP drain from her orbs, then get in her face, where all of her attacks are easy to prepare for and dodge, the laser sweep is telegraphed years in advance and easy to dodge at melee range

Aldia forces you to back off and be patient though, due to his fire aura. Still easily rekt with melee, I pounded that giant but head to death with bone fist combos.
>>
>>322966739
It just tries to make sure you don't have any fun at every turn.

The game would be forgivable if it had working hitboxes and not retarded enemy placement.
>>
>>322970625
This cant be real. What did they do? Map the joy bindings to jeyboard in vanilla? Why the fuck would you do that???
>>
>>322998930
It gets even better
>using the deadzone fix to fix their fuckup gets you softbanned

People need to start memory-holing DS2 and forget it even exists, there is absolutely NOTHING redeemable or worthy of praise in it.
>>
>>322998930
It's probably an intentional change because DaS2 actually applies momentum to your movement so you can do snap 180°s anymore like in DaS. There's now a separate animation when you try to suddenly turn.
>>
options on attack

>humanoid bosses
>parry, block, dodge, get hit

>giant monster bosses
>block, dodge, get hit

giant monster bosses gameplay a SHIT
>>
>>322999924
Another reason why Executioner's Chariot was the best boss in Dark Souls II.
>>
>>322991208
>drangleic
helloouu any enemies in here? oh, just the clone riders from heide. Looking ass knight was slow as fuck.
>shrine of amana
waist deep in water with wenches that spam magic faster than /pol spams memes.
>undead crypt
Velstad was somewhat a challenge but the map was just a big L-shaped corridor
>dragon aerie
done under 2min
>giant memores
run cursed one, run! before the mist fades
Thread posts: 113
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.